Official Liverpool Thread

FLiam

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chasing Ringy

Gonzalez is quite enjoyable I must say, but it still looks like Liverpool need that one player that can kill away the goals and doesn't miss.

Problem is there's not many of those and Kuyt won't solve their problem. They need something like a Huntelaar.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about, or you're just trying to cause an argument. To say he can't finish when he's scored 6 in his last 11 games for England is insane (not to mention the whole 'he was never bought to score goals' thing, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that), and he was on for what, half an hour tonight after playing next to no pre-season?

You're an idiot.

Edited by E. Von Dahl killed therockbox

Crouch does what he's paid to do well enough. He's not as spectacular as some strikers, but he doesn't need to be.

I'm not a huge Crouch mark, but he's decent, and with Bellamy up front with him this season it's going to be exciting.

He reminds me of Kanu a lot (in the days before he became a liability).

Edited by TheReilDeal

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chasing Ringy

Its funny because if we count their pre-seasons friendlies, Morientes has scored more goals for Valencia in his two months there than he has in all his time at Liverpool >_>

Everyone scores more in Spain because, as proven in the world cup, Spanish players are genetically programmed to be shit defenders.

I mean, how many Spanish defenders have been at high-profile Premiership clubs?

Asier Del Horno.

Ok, so there are probably more that I haven't been interested in football long enough to remember, but still. I'm pretty sure Del Horno is the only one this season, anyway.

Guest Chasing Ringy

No, no, you're right :shifty:

Spanish football is played with wingbacks so they've only got two defenders at the back that can barely cope. And the only Spanish CD who's any good is Puyol.

But to be fair, Morientes didn't score against Spaniards, he scored against shitty teams from the second division of shitty countries :shifty:

• 3 weeks later...