2004-2005 NBA Season Topic

Blitz

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That fan who attacked Fred Jones just watched Steven Jackson go into the stands and assault a random person, perhaps he was looking out for the well being of other fans

That fan who attacked Fred Jones just watched Steven Jackson go into the stands and assault a random person, perhaps he was looking out for the well being of other fans

Great point. I say once 3 or 4 pro athletes enter the stands and start beating ass, all bets are off and the fans have a right to defend themselves

He just watched Steven Jackson lay someone out for no reason, here comes Fred Jones, who knows, maybe that guy's family members were over there and he was worried Fred Jones would pull the same shit Jackson did

Did you see the size of the guy that hit Fred Jones? He was pushing 350! That guy was the biggest faggot of the fans, after the guy in the warmup jacket, you double the size of a guy and you wait until he turns around to get some shots on him. That guy was chilling there for a good 2 minutes, as soon as Fred Jones turned away that guy let him have it. And the guy in the warm-up jacket, yeah you fucking piece of garbage, let the dork whose pleading for his life get pummeled first before you attack Artest from behind. The fans in that section and the ones that came on the floor were totally classless. When I say faggot of the fans, I am excluding the two biggest faggots in the situation, Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson (who looks like Pras). With that being said though, there was no reason whatsoever for any player to go into the stands. NONE. The fans who came on the floor rightfully got knocked the fuck out, but the ones in the stands. That was uncalled for and now wherever Indiana goes for the rest of the season, this shit is gonna follow them.

If I had my way, Jackson and Artest would both be gone from the league. Seriously, Latrell Sprewell was gone for a year after he mildly choked his coach after he dropped an N-bomb on him. Artest and Jackson should be sent to play in Iraq. I always thought Artest was a piece of shit. He has attacked other players, refs, coaches, teammates, cameramen and their equipment, he's a loose cannon who finally went after the last group at a basketball game he could think of...the fans.

WHAT A MESS...

Just to try and get off the Piston/Pacers for a little while....

ALL IT took was a four-game losing streak by the Raptors and some awkward play from Vince Carter to get the rumour mill running loudly again. Carter, who demanded a trade before the season began, yesterday was at the heart of a serious multi-player rumour involving the Raptors and the Portland Trail Blazers.

According to sources, the two teams have discussed several possible combinations for a blockbuster swap that would see Carter head west, possibly with Jalen Rose and maybe even a couple of other players.

Coming back would be Shareef Abdur-Rahim, along with a couple of teammates that might include Nick Van Exel, Derek Anderson and Vladimir Stepania.

The most talked-about versions of the deal were Carter and Rose for Abdur-Rahim and either Van Exel or Anderson; and Carter, Rose and possibly another player for Abdur-Rahim, Anderson and Vladimir Stepania. Depending upon the ballast, a variety of similar scenarios could be made to fall within the salary-matching guidelines that are crucial to any NBA transaction.

INTO THE NIGHT

However, if things bog down, the most simple deal to make would be Carter for Abdur-Rahim.

According to sources, the machinations were continuing late last night, with the Blazers essentially waiting for the Raptors to decide if they want to proceed.

Meanwhile, the Blazers obviously quietly were looking for some sort of assurance from Carter that he won't balk at the deal, since his representatives indicated in the past that he is not keen on a move to the Western Conference.

However, there's a good chance Carter will be willing to go west this time, if it comes down to it.

New Raptors coach Sam Mitchell has not been shy about benching Carter at crucial junctures. The team isn't running many plays for him and he largely has been ineffective at the defensive end.

"I don't make comments on trade talks," said Raptors general manager Rob Babcock, adopting the same mantra as his predecessor, Glen Grunwald. "You'll have to figure this one out for yourself."

That certainly falls far short of confirmation, but Babcock also did nothing to throw cold water on the rumour, which first was reported by a Portland radio station. Blazers GM John Nash also declined to comment on specifics.

As word of the rumour spread around the league, there also were rumblings that some other teams might be interested in at least talking to the Raptors about Carter before Toronto decides to ship him elsewhere.

Looking at the potential swap simply as a talent-for-talent endeavour, it might appear the Raptors would be coming out on the short end. However, the advantage of acquiring Abdur-Rahim and Anderson would be that both players are in the final years of their contracts, which would aid the Raptors' salary-cap situation next summer.

Keep in mind, however, the Raptors currently are well over the cap, and there aren't scheduled to be many marquee free agents in 2005.

If the Raptors made the deal, they would have to sell it to their fans that they're going to rebuild around Chris Bosh, who many believe is a franchise player-in-waiting.

From the Blazers' perspective, they don't want to keep Abdur-Rahim beyond this season, but they don't necessarily want to lose him for nothing, either. What's more, the Blazers have been struggling a little at the gate, and Carter might provide a bump in that regard, at least in the short term.

How dare you stop talking about the basket-brawl (the ESPN.com headline which I called from a mile away)?

It is time to move on so to speak, all the fucktards in that ordeal should get their just due but hey this is the NBA.

On the whole Carter thing, they've been trying to shop him for months now and Shareef needs to get out of the power forward purgatory that is Portland.

And ESPN, I think they just threw in Vladmir Stepania's name just for laughs because I haven't heard shit from that guy all season.

Guest Bluesman

He just watched Steven Jackson lay someone out for no reason, here comes Fred Jones, who knows, maybe that guy's family members were over there and he was worried Fred Jones would pull the same shit Jackson did

Except Jones was surrounded by other fans, and hadn't punched anyone. The only time he did anything was when the fan started punching Artest, when he (along with others) tried pulling the guy off of Artest. IIRC, there were fans seperating him from Jones, but he moved ahead of them to get to Jones.

Let me ask you this...if this piece of shit is justified in taking punches at Jones, who HAD HIS BACK TURNED, and had made no agressive gestures what so ever, was it acceptable then for Artest to throw punches at the fan who came up to him on the court?

How bad is Orlando...almost gettin taken out by the Bad News Bears...I mean the Indiana Pacers with a second year scrub and a rookie starting with a guy they picked up off waivers, a slam dunk champion, a stiff who shoots threes and takes charges, and their one bench guy...an undrafted rookie out of Kent State who played 3 positions so that the big men starting didn't have to play 48 minutes like the guards did. That shows a lot of heart from those guys after what happened the night before. Do I smell some 10-day contracts on the horizon?

Orlando, Steve Francis in particular, expected a cakewalk against such a depleted team. If not for Grant Hill doing everything but toweling up the lane after a foul, Orlando would have lost, and probably been the laughingstock of the league...yes, even more than the Bulls. :P

On the Vince Carter story, I've lost a lot of respect for Vince over the last few years. With his injury difficulties, he should be rededicating himself to being the best player he can be to help his team win games, not wanting to get himself traded BECAUSE his team can't win games. I would greatly enjoy seeing Shareef in a Raptors uni because:

A. It means he'll be, oh, I don't know...STARTING! Like he should be.

B. 20/10 every night out of him...mark my words.

A lineup of Alston, Derek Anderson, Shareef, Chris Bosh/Donyell Marshall, and whatever scrub is in the middle for T-O these days would actually be pretty potent. Now about that bench...

The Celtics stink. Doc Rivers keeps on letting Paul Pierce jack up 17-22 shots a game with a crappy shooting percentage. The Atlantic Division is the worst division in all of professional sports. The winner of that division will be under .500. It will either be New York or Philly. Boston is garbage, Toronto will be hit by a rash of injuries like they always do, and New Jersey is worse than awful, abysmal if you will. To lose to a team as decimated by suspensions and injuries as the Pacers is just wrong. Kudos to Indiana though, Rick Carlisle is doing wonders with people he never thought would get off his bench.

Guest Bluesman

It was nice to see the Wolves come out and stomp all over the Grizz, after what they've put forth recently against the Sonics and Pacers. Hopefully they continue to play with intensity and focus, and stop trying to glide through games.

How about the Jazz being the first victims of the Hornets and Bulls?