Why keep our Gamecube?

Your Mom

Topic is pretty self explanatory. Neither one of us use it. I have been playing PS2 quite a bit and he is getting into Xbox so either name some good games we may or may not heard of to get us to start using it or help us out with what we should do with the Cube. Would it be better to trade it in for something? Try to sell it? Or maybe keep it around and hope for the best?

As a big-time gamer, I am very hard pressed to tell you why to keep the Gamecube around. It just pales in comparison to the X-Box and PS2 right now. The lack of online play really doesn't help matters, especially when so many games on other systems are online-compatible. Gamecube players are really missing the boat on the opportunity to play online against other gamers. In my humble opinion, Nintendo and its systems have been in a serious downturn since the N64 was fazed (sp?) out.

I suggest you sell it and all the games you have for it. Maybe you could get at least $125 - $150 for the entire package, and with that you could buy a good game or two for both systems. I'm probably wrong about the amount of money you would get, but that's just a rough projection.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Magus978

As a big-time gamer, I am very hard pressed to tell you why to keep the Gamecube around. It just pales in comparison to the X-Box and PS2 right now. IMO, Nintendo has been in a serious downturn since the N64 was fazed (sp?) out.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

ROC-Revolt: I see what you're saying. I guess I'm just a bit biased towards PS2. It just appears to me that sales for Gamecube stuff (system and games) are lagging a bit. I guess since my Nintendo Power subscription ended at around the time the Gamecube came out, I haven't really been too interested at what Nintendo has put out in the way of Gamecube-related items.

That's true about the games being a bit too kiddy. I've read some reviews and looked at screenshots at certain games, and I believe that they do look kiddy. I guess I should look at things a bit more carefully before I say something :P

EDIT: Sorry Roc...I get you and Gongsun mixed up so easily. idk why :P

Edited by Magus978

Gongsun Zan: I see what you're saying. I guess I'm just a bit biased towards PS2. It just appears to me that sales for Gamecube stuff (system and games) are lagging a bit. I guess since my Nintendo Power subscription ended at around the time the Gamecube came out, I haven't really been too interested at what Nintendo has put out in the way of Gamecube-related items.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Sorry ROC...I get you and Gongsun mixed up for some strange reason :P

Anyway, back on topic somewhat...the SNES owned. I actually still play it once in awhile to this day, just to get my old school fix.

I'm starting to feel bad that I get confused with penis-hand. :shifty:
Edited by Magus978

M'dear, I hope you know by now that I would always think of you in matters that are of serious importance towards life, happiness, and love. I have been and will always be available to lend advice or to simply let you vent.

That being said, I just want to gently remind you that I called dibbs on that Cube back when you bought it in the first place. If you decide to unload it, you contact me first and foremost.

In other words: I want that damn square game-a-ma-jigger. :ph34r:

N64 was ass in comparison to the greatness of the Gamecube. I've had the Cube for almost two years now and have just as many games for it as I do my PS2 which I've had almost four years. Get Mario Power Tennis and your troubles will be answered. Then of course there's Metroid 2, Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 (far superior on GC), RE4 and Killer 7 on the way, and all the older stuff you may have missed out on, just check IGN's review page for stuff with 9's.

Guest Mr McFarlane

M'dear, I hope you know by now that I would always think of you in matters that are of serious importance towards life, happiness, and love.  I have been and will always be available to lend advice or to simply let you vent.

That being said, I just want to gently remind you that I called dibbs on that Cube back when you bought it in the first place.  If you decide to unload it, you contact me first and foremost.

In other words:  I want that damn square game-a-ma-jigger. :ph34r:

Drop it from your roof and post pictures.

You....YOU QUIET NOW!

Seriously, though, Mario Tenns, Mario Kart, Metroid Prime 2, Eternal Darkness, Super Smash Brothers Melee, etc. Gamecube's got some solid titles, but I wish they would've done more for the older audiences than Resident Evil, Prince of Persia: WW, and Eternal Darkness.

My brother says that the Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes game looks pretty cool for the Cube too...

If you haven't played the Playstation version then it's awesome. If you have, it's not that much better, except it has Metal Gear Solid 2 graphics. Some of the cutscenes are more over the top, but I don't think any of the dialogue has changed. Still a good game, but don't expect much if you played the original.

Edited by Kaney

the problem with people saying to games are too "kiddy" is cause they associate Nintendo with Mario (for obvious reasons), i own a Gamecube and PS2 and i say both are good in thier own ways, another factor is that gamecube games tend to be ignored by the big gaming stores, ah yes, when theres a whole row of PS2 games and yet theres only one shelf for gamecube games. a GC is for life, not just for christmas!

theres a whole load of gamecube games avliable, and a whole load more coming out within the year (like MK: Deception to be released on GCN, with Goro and Shoa Kahn as playable charcters)