THE YEAR IN MOVIES: 2004

Numbahs

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved Dodgeball :(

And if I remember correctly, Eternal Sunshine got a 9.5 from him and after watching it he said it already wrapped up number one from him and the rest were fighting for number two...atleast I'm pretty sure that was Numbahs...

Wait, was that a spoiler? :P

I loved Dodgeball :(

And if I remember correctly, Eternal Sunshine got a 9.5 from him and after watching it he said it already wrapped up number one from him and the rest were fighting for number two...atleast I'm pretty sure that was Numbahs...

Wait, was that a spoiler?  :P

Edited by reyrey619

Guest Ringmaster

Glad I'm not the only one that didn't hate Chucky. I went in expecting crap and got slightly less crapy crap. I'd give 4/10. And Dodgeball was ok, and at points just not funny. I'd give it 5/10.

I want to see what Numbahs has to say about A Very Long Engagement and I command him to write a review of the Brown Bunny. That would be gold.

I loved Dodgeball. Was my third favourite comedy of the year, trailing Anchorman and Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle. Also liked Man On Fire more than you, but other than that I'd petty much agree with what's been posted (apart from Life Aquatic which hasn't been released here yet)

A Very Long Engagement is the best foreign film of the year hands-down. Sorry I just didn't like House of Flying Daggers. If you can go see A Very Long Engagement, you'll probably have to add it pretty high to your list though.

Another movie I hope is pretty high would be Mean Creek.

I liked Man on Fire more than most it seems. And I usually hate Denzel flicks.

Runtime was a little long but I think it hits all the spots it needs to. 8/10 from me.

Guest Ringmaster

I want to see what Numbahs has to say about A Very Long Engagement and  I command him to write a review of the Brown Bunny. That would be gold.

1. Haven't seen AVLE.....it is playing here though. 25 minutes from my house. <_<

2. I've only seen a little bit of The Brown Bunny. Guess which part. :devil:

Guest Ringmaster

If you go on the IMDb page for the Brown Bunny, and scroll down to the message board part of the page, the first or second post provides a link to it.

I checked it out and the link was dead so for anyone who wants to see it, it's gone. At the least the link I found there is dead -_-

Anyways, I liked Dodgeball on the first run, but after seeing it again, I just couldn't appriciate the "Humor".

As for the other Ben Stiller Movies of 2004:

DodgeBall: 5/10

Starsky and Hutch: 7/10

Meet the Fockers: 8/10

EDIT:Seeing that you have to type up 145 movie reviews, is it going to take all of 2005 to write it up, and then we will have to wait for Jan. 2006 for the next list? ;)

Edited by Jester of Death