Pro Wrestling NEO-GEN

Blaze N Amaze

Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Tony Zaretti

As one of NJPW's young lions on his learning excursion, it's probably not a good idea to job Taguchi out to anyone with less experience than him. Plus Taguchi also does a Dropkick of Immense Perfectness.

Luke Carter Debut Match: Luke Carter vs. Paul Johnson

I'm sorry Lukie, you're going down in your debut.

Different Style Fight: Derek Riggs vs. Michael Robinson

The MMA style should give Riggs an advantage over fellow young lion, and would I be right in saying that Riggs is bigger than Robinson? Riggs gets his first win in the Faux-MMA enviornment.

Different Style Fight: Chuck Howard vs. Dwight Douglas

Douglas has slid too far, too fast to be able to pull off an upset against one of the MMA stars... Plus Howard has the MMA style rules going for him

Different Style Fight: Tito Gonzalez vs. Thomas Moore

So far, I've picked what seem to be the obvious choices. If there's going to an upset, it'll be here.

Different Style Fight: Keiji Sasaki vs. X

I'd love to see you bring in someone from BAKU for this, hell bring Mr. Tadakichi, the happy dancing bear in! [Or not...] But on a night where the #1 Contender is crowned, the champion needs to stay strong.

NFA Heavyweight Title #1 Contenders Match - Different Style Fight: Alvin Jones vs. Josh Harrington

Well, in my reasoning for Howard vs. Douglas I said the MMA style environment would work in the MMA fighters favour, I don't think that applies as much here with Josh "Mr. NEO-GEN" Harrington. But I think that jobbing Harrington out to Sasaki with a clear fall is a mistake. Sasaki can't lose the title match without a defence, but I don't think in the long term a promotion centred around making Pro Wrestling credible is going to kill the credibility of their Main Pro Wrestler. Hmm... Actually, a hard fought loss against Sasaki may not be a bad thing, probably better than a loss to Alvin, so after all my pointless rambling, I've finally picked Harrington...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Tony Zaretti

Taguchi SAIKYO~! I wonder how long you are keeping him around for <_<...

Luke Carter Debut Match: Luke Carter vs. Paul Johnson

Luke <_< is not allowed to win. It just wouldn't make sense at all...

Different Style Fight: Derek Riggs vs. Michael Robinson

Derek Riggs via 'KO'.

Different Style Fight: Chuck Howard vs. Dwight Douglas

Douglas is a sissy. He can't win.

Different Style Fight: Tito Gonzalez vs. Thomas Moore

meh.

Different Style Fight: Keiji Sasaki vs. X

A nice MMA jobber for Sasaki. Sasaki wins with some VICIOUS~! elbows to the head!

NFA Heavyweight Title #1 Contenders Match - Different Style Fight: Alvin Jones vs. Josh Harrington

You have booked yourself into a corner here. Sasaki losing in V1 will look weak, but Jones winning here would mean Jones would have to win in his title match. The only way Harrington could win here is by some odd default thing, so as not to make Jones look weak... Your decision :P

I posted this in the Diary Dome, but in case you don't really check there I'll post it in here as well

Blaze N Amaze's Pro Wrestling NEO-GEN diary is a solid diary, nothing overly spectacular but the booking is solid, its a nice MMA/Wrestling hybrid, the booking is very Japanese influenced and the majority of the wrestlers are self creations, which adds a nice sense of reality and unpredicatibilty to the shows. The shows themselves aren't extravagent but you get everything you need from the write ups, characters develop and storylines (For what they are, I mean its more rivalries than feuds in the American sense) progress from show to show with everyone showing certain strengths and weaknesses. At the moment it seems that it is only the puro mafia that are reading and replying to it, which is both understandable and yet unfortunate, as I believe a wider audience could get into the diary.

I'd also reccommend it to a few of the weaker diary bookers as Blaze is very solid in that area, protecting wrestlers where needed and throwing the occasional curveball here and there. (In one show Thomas Moore comes out to cut a promo about hoping to be the future of the company, which would usually lead to him winning the match, he actually gets beaten in under two minutes though) These curveballs don't degrade the characters though, as the style of the federation doesn't lend itself to segregating wrestlers into main eventers and midcarders, while there is the sense that Wrestler A is a better fighter than wrestler B, you can never be certain of a result and unpredictability like that in a diary is hard to find.

Its not a must read diary but it is a solid and consistant one that brings a lot of rarely seen things to the table and does them well. Good booking, good writing and a refreshing approach, I'd suggest everyone gives it a read.

Like I said, good diary, I'm enjoying it. Hope you keep it going.

NBT

Per NBT's recommendation (posted above), I just rolled through what you've got going thus far, Blaze. And it is a truly refreshing approach. There's a very pleasing gray area running through the whole thing as far as the age-old work/shoot question. The writing gets across a good picture of each man's look, style and personality without having to sprawl out 10,000 words to do it. Bas and Rico will be a monster special attraction whenever you feel the need for a true supershow.

Current faves:

Alvin Jones and Tony Zaretti

Least faves:

Thomas Moore and Paul Johnson

Definitely keeping this one in sight. :thumbsup:

Again, thanks to NBT, you've got yourself another reader.

I'll hold off on the predictions it's not exactly my style, but I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll put this diary in my sig.

Still, this is something new, something different. It's all prowrestling in the purest sense of the word. It's nice to see, as opposed to the typical RAW or SD diaries that follow the same basic protocol. Keep this up, you obviously have a great thing going. I applaud you sir! :thumbsup:

• 8 months later...