Your favorite Soccer Goal Ever

Monkey D. Lars

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno my favourite goal, because there are so many to consider, but I shall list a few:

Chris Tate for Orient against Blackpool after 27 seconds. I celebrated like a nutter in the Millenium Stadium and I knew it wasnt going to last, so I savoured this moment. It was an amazing feeling celebrating with loads of your fellow fans at a stadia as grand as that.

Gazza for England in Euro '96. You know what one I am talking about.

Pearce for England against Spain/Germany, Euro '96. Alright, alright, it wasnt a goal, per se, but it went in the back of the net. Penalties count, right? Well, either of these are great.

Trevor Sinclair for QPR. Bicycle kick from the edge of the area from a corner, if it wasnt for Beckham scoring from the half way line then this would have been goal of the season for sure.

There are many, many more but these ones are ones that stick in my memory.

Landon Donovan's goal vs. Mexico in WC02. The exclamation point that signalled the USA had made it to the upper group of nations. It was the capper of a 2-0 victory that sent us to the quarters, our best result in forever. Not so much the goal itself as the sheer euphoria over what it meant for US soccer. I watched it live (at like 4:30 AM!) and loved it.

Well I would say the same one as you Larziej but I have a prettier one, maybe not as important.

It is also a Marco van Basten goal.

Overhead kick into the top corner, beautifull timing and precision.

Other ones are the one Zlatan Ibrahimovic made for Ajax at the start of the season when he dribbled past the whole defence and scored.

Or the one Bergkamp made last season when he made the ball spin around the defender while he went te other way and scored!

Or a goal made bij Johan Cruijff, he shot the ball off the edge of the penalty area and it had so much effect the keeper dived the right way initially but then was in the complete wrong corner. (sorry for my poor grammar)

I have 2 favourite goals, both from Cantona.

#1 is the winner he scored in the FA cup final against Liverpool. It was later on in the game where I started thinking it was going to have to go to extra time. When his shot went flying through the penalty area and into the net. I love the view of behind him and all the Liverpool players coming in from either side of the screen to try and block it. Beauty.

#2 is the one he scored where he made a run and then took a shot which went in off the joint between the crossbar and post. Not only was it a fantastic goal the celebration topped it. He just stood on the spot with his arms raised, looking around... as if to say 'yeah, i know i'm great'

Just two personal favourites, might not be amazing, but they'll never get old to me.

I have 2 favourite goals, both from Cantona.

#1 is the winner he scored in the FA cup final against Liverpool. It was later on in the game where I started thinking it was going to have to go to extra time. When his shot went flying through the penalty area and into the net. I love the view of behind him and all the Liverpool players coming in from either side of the screen to try and block it. Beauty.

#2 is the one he scored where he made a run and then took a shot which went in off the joint between the crossbar and post. Not only was it a fantastic goal the celebration topped it. He just stood on the spot with his arms raised, looking around... as if to say 'yeah, i know i'm great'

Just two personal favourites, might not be amazing, but they'll never get old to me.

If I remember rightly, that second one was against Wimbledon, and was sublime.

It was against Sunderland, and it was pure brilliance. As was the celebration. Plus the one-two he played before it.

Riise's ustoppable free-kick for us against united at Anfield. I've never seen a ball hit harder.

Le Tissier against Newcastle where he flicked the ball over 2 defenders and then slotted it into the bottom corner.

Fowler against Villa at Anfield where he back-heeled the ball through Stan Staunton's legs and buried it in the far corner of the net.

Steven Carr for Spurs from about 35 yards. Dunno who it was against.

Maradona against England. Both of them.

Bergkamp's third against Leicester, and the one against Newcastle. Plus the one for Holland in the world cup. The man is a genius.

But, my personal favourite is one by Liverpool against Arsenal. It was the late 80's at Anfield. Steve McMahon ran to retrieve a ball at the touchline and then beat 2 or 3 players before crossing for Aldridge to tap it in at the Kop end. An easy finish in the end, but without the sheer will to win of Macca, it wouldn't have been possible. Don't think many of you will have seen it though ...

Callum Davidson, home vs West Ham the season we (Blackburn) went down. He got the ball on the halfway line, and just ran for it. Beat 3 players and then with his weak right foot on the edge of the box put it into the top corner at the end I was sat at.

Or

Kevin Gallacher, vs Arsenal away in 97/98. Possibly my fave ever Rovers players, break on the ball was played up to him and he lanuached a great half volley from 25 yards to beat Seaman and put us 2-1 up (we won 3-1 in the end). Not only was it a great goal but on MOTD after the goal it showed me and my sister going mental in teh crowd quite clearly. Magic.

my favourite goal ever was maradona's goal against england in the 86 WC.

A lot of my favourite goals have been from him... A few in Boca Juniors, a couple when still playing for argentinos juniors, and a few when he was playing for Napoli. Plus two more goals he scored for Argentina, one vs Belgium and the other vs Korea.

A lot of the ones you mentioned were great to. That goal vs Argentina in the 98 WC was great but i liked better one he scored with Arsenal in which he receives the ball with his back on the defender, gives a small touch on the ball while rotating past him and finishes with class (as in a huge amount of his goals).

that goal from zola in a corner vs norwich was also great, cause it was a lot harder to do than regular heel kicks.

Zlatan's goal when still playing from Ajax, i believe it was in the beggining of 2004 was my favourite in 2004. The one he dribbles past 6 players (i mean dribbles, not runs). He was also 2 more goals i enjoyed. the one in the euro 2004 vs italy and one still with ajax. Something like a backwards bycicle kick. Brilliant.

I remember loving a goal by le tissier back in 1994, but i don't have it on tape, so i don't remember it very well now. It was a great individual play, it's all i can tell.

Despite not being a huge fan of that kind of goals i have to mention the Roberto Carlos free kick against France. A lot of free kicks are scored but not many are like that one. There's another goal from him i found great, the one he strikes the ball from near the corner flag, the ball drives with great pace and only turns when reaching the goal.

One from Vieri for Atletico Madrid. He has the ball over the finish line, halfway between the corner flag and the goal post. He scores from there with a shot full of effect.

I just read Evert Post so i can say that's the Bergkamp goal i meant before, I also know what Cruijff Goal is that one and it's absolutely great. The Van Basten goal Vs Russia is also one of my favourites.

There are a lot of great goals.. these were the fast that came to mind. A lot of brazilian goals would be here to. It's easier to see a great goal in brazil than an easy one. They would probably miss it if it was easy. :P

Lilian Nalis for Leicester against Leeds. It was the goal that sent us on our way to our first win and what a goal it was. The ball is played into the box and Duberry kicks it up and out of the area. Nalis runs across from the right and just pelts it with his left foot over the defense and Robinson into the top corner.

Van Basten's of course...

Gascoigne's against Arsenal in the FA Cup 1991 when we beat the scum 3-1 to go into the final where we beat Notts Forest....

Best freekick was Okocha's in the cup last year (against Villa?!) pure power near post...

Nayim putting it over Davis Seaman from the half way line.

And Mendes' against Man Utd last week....Oh hang on, for some reason that didn't actually count...United scum.

Roberto Carlos. Running down the wing at about 80mph, shoots from the corner flag and scores. It was fucking amazing and IS the best goal ever.

But my personal favourite was Bert Konterman's screamer against Celtic for Rangers during a cup final a few years ago which won the game. Bert was known for being the worst defender in Rangers history so it was quite amazing when the announcer went ''Konterman.......KONTERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!''. I couldn't believe it. :lol: