all about the hardcore shite

Guest the_dark_guitarist

Guest the_dark_guitarist

well i think im gonna get the new Avenged Sevenfold CD, Waking The Falling. Another one I want is the new In Flames CD, Soundtrack To Your Escape.

Recently "obtained" The Curse by Atreyu, The End Of Heartache by Killswitch Engage & A Snow Capped Romance by 36 Crazyfists

good metal, IMO. A fair balance between screaming and melody.

Recently "obtained" The Curse by Atreyu, The End Of Heartache by Killswitch Engage & A Snow Capped Romance by 36 Crazyfists

good metal, IMO. A fair balance between screaming and melody.

The problem with most of those bands is that they all sound alike and are very predictable.

Soft melodic part, short buildup, screaming death part, repeat.

The problem with most of those bands is that they all sound alike and are very predictable.

eh whatever, it's what I like so no point in arguing about it. :P

eh whatever, it's what I like so no point in arguing about it.  :P

Yeah, like whatever you want, I was just stating why I don't like them. But I'm open minded, I'll check out Atreyu, they're like the most popular band in my school right now.

Yeah, like whatever you want, I was just stating why I don't like them. But I'm open minded, I'll check out Atreyu, they're like the most popular band in my school right now.

I was just saying :P. I've never even heard of Atreyu. A friend online sent me their album.

Guest the_dark_guitarist

Ok, dont ever say that In Flames is repetetive, because that is just bullshit, they're songs are all different. For this thread I want people to post their thoughts on metal and all hard rock music, keep posting stuff! Hats to the Metallica guy, they kick major ass except for St. Anger (bruuuuuuutal) lol

Edited by the_dark_guitarist

Metallica and Black Label Society are probably my favorite Metal Bands. Ill Nino is good too.

Metallica has gone for a dump lately. Most of their stuff after The Black Album isn't that great. The Black Album, ...And Justice For All and Master Of Puppets were their best CD's

I can't say much about the other bands mentioned in this topic, since I haven't heard of most of them

Guest the_dark_guitarist

Yes, I like the 3 bands that you posted above, especially 36 CrazyFists, I loved the song Slit Wrist Theory, I cant wait to hear their new shit.

Ok, dont ever say that In Flames is repetetive, because that is just bullshit, they're songs are all different. For this thread I want people to post their thoughts on metal and all hard rock music, keep posting stuff! Hats to the Metallica guy, they kick major ass except for St. Anger (bruuuuuuutal) lol

Yes, I was not referring to In Flames. I like their music, but I hate their vocals. Are they creative? Yes.

I just can't get past the vocals.

As far as Metallica goes...I love every single song they've ever written. I think some of the stuff from 1991 - present is on par with their stuff from the 80's it's just a different sound.

I love how Metallica progresses and does something different each album. None of the albums really sound the same, and that's one of the things I love about them.

And yes, I think St. Anger is a great album too.

Ok, dont ever say that In Flames is repetetive, because that is just bullshit, they're songs are all different.

Ah, and how are they all different? Differing melodies? Unique rhythms and usage of time signature changes? How, I ask. Step up, defend thy band with more than just a simple "they're not repetitive because they don't repeat themselves".

Guest the_dark_guitarist

alright midget....i will define using small words so that ye can can understand. In Flames is probably the most complex and ever changing band in the history of metal music perhaps along with Metallica. Time Signature changes are present in many of their songs due to the complexity of the leads used in the songs. The melodies used in the songs take many forms using hardcore, neoclassical, industrial and adrenaline pumped (fluid and emotive) riffs. All of their songs are different, there is no song made by them that is similar to another song based on the vastness of their musical background including black and death medal, folk and acoustic rock, classical music and nu metal. Hows that for a defense on the dark and genius minds that are Anders Frieden, Bjorn Gellote, Jesper Strombland, Peter Anders and Daniel Svensson a.k.a In Flames....Booya bitch

You just described the majority of emo and punk with a great amount of "rock" produced today.

And I wish people would stop using the term genius when we talk about metal. There's basically two kinds of metal. We have enough money we want to become techno metal. And we have no money, so we're going to yell real loud about killing people so that angsty teens will buy our music. Metal is pathetic. Metal has never recovered from hair metal, and it never will, because unlike rock even the indy metal scene sucks. There is no hope for a breakout star, because all metal bands with no fans just whine, bitch, and growl about eating people.

And major metal is all just rock rock pause, rock rock pause. See Metallica. See Godsmack. It's all popular music that becomes more and more refined with the day. And like most music, when you refine it it just tastes like chlorine.

alright midget....i will define using small words so that ye can can understand. In Flames is probably the most complex and ever changing band in the history of metal music perhaps along with Metallica. Time Signature changes are present in many of their songs due to the complexity of the leads used in the songs. The melodies used in the songs take many forms using hardcore, neoclassical, industrial and adrenaline pumped (fluid and emotive) riffs. All of their songs are different, there is no song made by them that is similar to another song based on the vastness of their musical background including black and death medal, folk and acoustic rock, classical music and nu metal. Hows that for a defense on the dark and genius minds that are Anders Frieden, Bjorn Gellote, Jesper Strombland, Peter Anders and Daniel Svensson a.k.a In Flames....Booya bitch

That's a fine defense, but if you ever pull that wanna-be heel promo bullshit with me again after I ask a simple question, I'll have to use a small, two-syllable word that you can understand.