WWE : Through The Eyes Of A Superstar...

Kaney

user posted image

As soon as Raw kicks off, Evolutions music plays, instead of the usual raw theme.

JR : Welcome everybody, to another great edition of Raw! Kicking things of with a bang here tonight, Evolution wasting no time coming out here!

King : But look JR! No Triple H! He's still in hospital suffering the consequences of that outrageous Hell In A Cell match last night! I'm sure the Nature Boy Ric Flair is gonna set everyone straight about that JR.

JR : What do you mean set everyone straight?! Triple H got pinned by Shawn Michaels 1, 2, 3 in the centre of the ring! That’s the way it was King, and nothing anybody can say, that'll change that!

King : It was an outrage JR! Triple H should have won; he had it won before that cheater Shawn Michaels...

JR : Will you just shut up and let me hear what Evolution has to say? Would you do that King? Thank you!

Evolution Interview

Randy Orton : Last night at Badd Blood, you all saw me pin Shelton Benjamin to keep my Intercontinental title! Last night, at Badd Blood, you all saw, well Edge managed to fluke his way to a victory, but Evolution took care of him in the aftermath. Last night, at Badd Blood, you heard Evolution say they were gonna do there best to stay on top, and last night at Badd Blood, that’s exactly what you saw! You saw me prove my status as a Hardcore Legend by defeating Benjamin! Okay...so Triple H did lose. But that's something that was beyond our control, that’s something that none of us could help. But that’s okay, because Evolution set out to do, what Evolution said we were gonna do!

Orton holds the IC Title above his head, as Ric Flair takes the mic.

Flair : Exactly! Evolution, went into Badd Blood on top, and we left on top! 'Cos that’s where we always are! On top baby, WHOOOO! And just to prove it, Randy Orton, is gonna teach that little punk a lesson again tonight! Shelton, Benjamin demanded a rematch from Eric Bischoff, well you know something Benjamin, you want Randy Orton, you got Rand Orton! But! You also get The Nature Boy Ric Flair, and Batista! WHOOOO!

Rating = 80%

I watched as Flair, Orton and Batista made their way to the back, listening to the boos from the crowd. I started feeling nervous, knowing I would be up soon. Frank looked calm and collected, as usual, but I knew he must have been getting nervous as well. I mean, we were about to go on live TV, in front of a huge audience. I don't know these people could do it every week. Guess it must be something you get used to. In the meantime, the Divas match was next, the new Woman’s Champion was defending her title against...Trish Stratus.

Molly Holly Versus Trish Stratus, Women’s Title

This was the normal women’s match, nothing special. Trish got her offence in, but Molly soon gained the advantage. I wondered why Trish was looking especially weak tonight, but I figured it was just to make the new champ look strong. I was soon proven wrong. Molly was about to end the match, when Christian, and Tyson Tomko ran down the ramp. Tyson quickly distracted the referee, allowing Christian to hit the Unprettier on poor Molly, but the ref turned round just in time to disqualify Trish. I expected Trish to go nuts at this, but she simply kissed Christian, and walked away with him. I half expected Victoria to run out here, but I hadn't saw her all day.

Rating = 62%

Whew. My turn now. Frank and I got up and left as Molly was helped backstage. We got to our positions just in time. The camera started rolling.

Replacement

Frank and I were walking down the corridor, talking about Franks upcoming match. I didn't have my gear on, as I hadn't a match, but Frank was suited up in his dark green trunks.

So you got this one under wraps? I'll be at ringside, make sure they don't try any dirty tricks.

Frank : Rob Conway? No, he won't be a problem. Hey, we beat them yesterday, I can beat him again. Just make sure that Sylvain doesn't...

Technician : Frank Shamrock! Mr Bischoff told me to inform you, Rob Conway has been sidelined with an injury. Mr Bischoff said you strained his triceps on Heat, so he's been pulled out of the match.

Frank : Well, does he have a replacement? Don't tell me my match is cancelled!

Technician : Mr Bischoff said you'll have an opponent, you've just to make your way to the ring, and he'll sort it out.

Frank and I exchanged glances, and warily made our way to the entranceway.

Rating = 64%

Frank Versus Rob Conway?

Frank and I made our way to the ring, as our generic music played. Why is it that crappy music is usually given to athlete types? I dismissed the thought, as we entered the ring. I was caught in that awkward moment, were you try to act cool in front of the girl, whilst trying to seem nonchalant with your buddies. Either way, Frank was limbering up in the ring, as his opponents music played. Turns out Rob's replacement was none other than Tajiri. I tried to warn Frank about not being too confident, about how Tajiri could do some serious damage, but the referee ejected me from the ring, before I had the chance.

The match got underway, with Tajiri delivering all kinds of kicks to Frank’s head, but Frank knew what he was doing. Tajiri tried for a kick to the gut, but Frank grabbed his leg, mid-air, and tripped him over. Locking in a half-Boston crab, I couldn't help but cheer Frank on. The match was excellent in my opinion, both Frank and Tajiri worked their asses off in this one, the fans were really receptive, cheering on both Frank and Tajiri, but soon enough, they had reason to boo. Sylvain Grenier had run to the ring, still angry about the defeat on Heat last night, and had decided to help Tajiri pick up the win. Not if I could help it, he wasn't. I ran to the front of the ring, where Grenier had distracted the ref, and pulled him off the apron. He tried to start brawling with me, but I was too fast for him. Ducking under his arm, I leapt to the apron, and immediately delivered a moonsault, landing square on target! However, during this time, Tajiri had spat the mist into Franks face, allowing him to deliver his devastating Buzzsaw Kick, picking up the victory. I had just rolled in the ring in time to stop Tajiri from doing further damage, but Frank was still in pain from the poison mist. Helping him to the back as we went to break, I heard some sympathetic cheers from the fans, which meant we had done our job, but I wasn't finished yet.

Rating = 76%

Repercussions

As soon as we came back from break, the cameras started rolling backstage. I charged into Eric Bischoff's office, as he was on the phone.

Did you see that?! Tajiri blatantly cheated out there, he spat that poison mist into Franks face! I want to see him punished, and I want to be the one who does it! I want Tajiri next week, one on one, with Grenier banned from ringside!

Bischoff : Who the hell do you think you are? You can't just come in here and demand matches! I make the matches around here! Can't you see I'm on the phone? You know what...you right. There should be some punishment around here. Next week you got your match. Oh, there’s gonna be punishment alright...

Bischoff broke into a huge grin as I started to walk to the door, satisfied.

Bischoff : But not against Tajiri. Oh, no, you’re too good for that. Next week it's gonna be Chris Glen! Versus...Kane!

Bischoff started laughing, as he slammed the door on me, standing there stunned.

Rating = 73%

Rhyno Versus Matt Hardy

The camera cut back to the ring, as Rhyno's music played. Wasting no time, his opponent started to make his entrance.

WWEMattitude.com

VERSION 1.0

LOADING : 70%

Matt Hardy made his way to the ring, accompanied by Lita. Instead of the usual posing, holding up the Version 1 sign, both Matt and Lita looked apprehensive, looking around in all directions. When they were satisfied that nothing was going to happen in the immediate future, Matt entered the ring, and started the match.

I had just gotten back to the TV room, missing the first half of the match. When I sat down, Rhyno had attempted a Gore on Matt, but Matt moved out of the way. Matt signalled for the Twist Of Fate, just as the thing he had dreaded, happened.

BOOM!

Kane's music started playing after the pyro explosion, but the monster himself was nowhere to be found. Lita had climbed onto the apron in fear, prompting Matt to try and comfort her. When Matt turned round, remembering about the match, he walked straight into a full powered Gore! 1...2...3! Rhyno picked up the win, unknown to Lita, who had ran backstage in fear of Kane appearing. Lita's acting, coupled with Matt's selling really played out well, but even guys in the back could hear the fans murmurs of disappointment, when Kane no-showed.

Rating = 78%

Frank had entered the room, having washed the mist from his face, just as Matt returned to the back. The crewmen started rigging up the ring with the usual mats and stage props. The Highlight Reel himself, Chris Jericho, was next.

The Highlight Reel

Jericho made his way to the ring for his interview show, and informed us, that tonight, his guest would be the man who got screwed out the IC Title last night, Shelton Benjamin! Jericho did the main body of the interview, speaking about how Orton should be ashamed! Ashamed of acting like that, last night. Several references were made about the assclowns, sorry Evolution getting involved, resulting in Randy Orton to run out and attack both Benjamin, and Jericho. Then, Batista ran out, to even the odds, but before anything could really happen, Eric Bischoff came out, receiving quite loud boos.

Bischoff : Batista! Jericho! Get your asses out of that ring! This is gonna end right here, right now! Shelton Benjamin versus Randy Orton, Intercontinental Title, on the line!

Randy Orton Versus Shelton Benjamin, Intercontinental Title

Batista stopped beating on Benjamin, and left the ring, happy for a job well done. He must have forgotten about Chris Jericho, because he didn't see him sliding out of the ring, jumping on Batista as he walked the ramp. Both men brawled their way up the ramp, as Benjamin gained the upper hand on Orton.

This was looking to be Shelton's big night; nothing Orton could do would stop his momentum. Orton threw everything he had at Benjamin, but he never managed to keep him down long enough to get the win. Benjamin was fired up, taking all of Orton’s offence, short of an RKO, and coming back for more. Orton was clearly getting frustrated, you could see the relief on his face as Ric Flair ran to the ring, the last bastion of hope for Orton. But not even the Nature Boy could put Benjamin down, as Shelton delivered a Missile Dropkick, knocking Flair out of the ring! Orton took this opportunity to try and hit the RKO, but Benjamin blocked it by pushing Orton into the turnbuckle. Following it up with a huge Stinger Splash, Orton was reeling from Shelton’s onslaught! Shelton hits the Dragon Whip on a stunned Orton, and goes for the pin! 1......2......3! Shelton Benjamin finally overcame Evolution, and picked up the IC Title!

Rating = 87%

JR : Benjamin got the gold! Benjamin got the gold! I can't believe it! What a victory for this young man, he deserved this damn win, and now he's got it! I can't believe it!

We all celebrated both Benjamin and Orton, for such a great match. Orton was still a bit woozy from the Dragon Whip to the head, but it didn't stop him from putting on a grin, and saying something about how obvious it was that it was a great match, because he was in it. Some people replied with the mandatory laugh, but most were too interested in seeing Benjamin with the belt, and he was all too pleased to show it off.

World Title Challenge

JR : Business is about to pick up! We got the Worlds Heavyweight Champion coming down the ring, I wonder what he’s got to say about his match tonight.

King : I didn't even know he had a match! Is this one of those things that your sources tell you, JR? Well, do your sources say who Benoit's gonna be facing?

JR : I don't know King, that’s the problem! Eric Bischoff simply said Benoit had a match, but he didn't say who against!

Benoit got in the ring, and picked up a microphone. He only had his World Title belt, but he didn't bother showing it off tonight. He waited for his music to finish, and for the fans cheers to stop, before he spoke.

Benoit : Now, I've been told that I had a match tonight, but no-one saw fit to tell me who. So, as the World Heavyweight Champion, I want my challenger to come out here, right now!

We could hear the crowd go silent, unsure of the possible threat to the title. Benoit kept quiet too, to build the suspense. Even knowing who the mystery challenger is, you could cut the suspense with a very blunt knife. JR and King even became unusually silent. As the familiar music blasted through the arena, with the old loved catchphrase, it somehow seemed louder, as if the anticipation had amplified it. As soon as the crowd heard the first line, the first word, they erupted in cheers.

IF YA SMELL...!

WHAT THE ROCK!

IS COOKING!

Rating = 82%

Benoit Versus The Rock, World Heavyweight Title

Benoit was apprehensive, not expecting to face the Rock, unready to face the Rock. I could see it on Benoit's face, but there was something about the Rock as well. He didn't seem his usual self. For whatever reason, he had a look of anger upon his face, and seemed determined to beat the hell out of Benoit as he rained down blows on him, at the start of the match. The Rock didn't bother playing up to the crowd during this match, he didn't even bother with the kip up, after he DDTed Benoit. Rock even managed to hit a Rock Bottom on Benoit, but the Champ kicked out, just before three! The Rock got started to get pissed off at this point, which gave Benoit the opening he needed to come back. I winced at hearing the fans shout 'ooh!' every time Benoit hit a chop, but I smiled at Rocks over-selling. Benoit started to hit the German Suplex Trifecta, but Rock managed to break it up after the second, to the fans displeasure. Rock whipped Benoit off the ropes, and hit his spinebuster, obviously setting up for the Peoples Elbow, but no. He didn't go for it, again to the fans annoyance. Instead, he rolled out of the ring, pushed the timekeeper aside, and grabbed the chair he was sitting on. Despite the referee’s desperate attempts to remove the chair, Rock stood over Benoit, and smashed the chair into his skull. The Rock finally smiled as he listened to the crowd’s disapproval at the disqualification. Having proved his point, Rock left the ring, and walked up the ramp way, as Raw went off air.

Rating = 81%

After the show, Mr McMahon started celebrating the Rock's big return, as if it was a genius master plan of booking. I admit it was great to have the Rock back on a full time basis, but it was hardly the most warmly received of welcomes. Or rather, it was brilliantly received, but then, was discarded as an afterthought...maybe it was..

Frank : Hey Chris! Wanna go get something to eat? A couple of the guys are going to TGI Friday‘s, you up for it?

I stared uncomprehendingly at Frank, my train of thought, totally derailed.

Yeah, why not! I think we can afford a sleep in in the morning. We don't have a show until Sunday, right?

Matt : That’s right man, but don't go thinking you don't have to train. You gotta be at the top of your game, or else your gonna get a nasty surprise bro. Word of advice, don't ever, and I mean ever, think you can go without caring 100% about this business, cos if you do, your gonna get your ass kicked. By me.

Shane : Matt, shut the hell up, and get in the car!

Matt started laughing, unashamedly caught out in his joke. He wasn't really threatening me, but I still almost pissed myself. Getting chewed up a fortnight into my career was not what I wanted to do! Shane Helms just laughed at Matt, as we got into his car. Frank didn't seem too happy with the prank, but he soon lightened up. He'd need to, we were all sharing a room at the hotel until Sunday Night Heat!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have one nice diary going on here with the first perspective stuff. I didnt see you having Frank Shamrock as a partner, but hey I think its a more serious partner than a Joey Abs I guess so..its alright.

Damn, against Kane? Oh boy, I think you will loose but I bet the next backstage(off-air) segments will be good just like your current ones. Keep up the good work.

Methinksies you need to lose a few matches Kaneanite :P

I like the diary, but a few more losses would add realism, especially since you're small, typical WWE. :D

:o

I've only won one match!

Isn't being on Heat an on-air role?!?

Anyway, like most others have been saying, your backstage stuff is neat, but if you push yourself too hard, then it's just not fun to read.

Nah, I know what you guys are saying, and don't worry, I won't be pushing myself, at all, pretty much for a while.

I'm trying to get across stuff like how smaller guys don't really figure in WWE, but without coming across as being smarky. I was kinda apprehensive about posting this show, seeing as how I had booked the card ages ago, but was too lazy to write it up (:P), and I had read someone else who had the Rock return as heel, but it was too late to change it.

I've been trying to cut down on the colour used, since I know it annoys some people, so I just used it for speech, but I'm not too sure how it comes off. What do you guys think?

Edited by Kaneanite

:o

I've only won one match!

You hit the nail on the head, little guys don't figure and that should be shown on-air too. I wouldn't be surprised to see you disappear for a while and then return on heat after a mini-feud with La Resistance on Raw.

But, i like first person diaries so this is a good, and fun, read. Keep it up.

• 1 year later...