New System of a Down Track!

Ananas

They didn't play it at the BDO last night, which was a little lame.

But it's a good song.

Cigaro is the single... it was never "leaked" that was just a rumor or something the record company threw out there to make it sound like a big deal. So, to sum it up: first single off the double album, never leaked, radio is already playing it like crazy.

Cigaro is the single... it was never "leaked" that was just a rumor or something the record company threw out there to make it sound like a big deal.  So, to sum it up:  first single off the double album, never leaked, radio is already playing it like crazy.

It reminds me of Chick N Stu and Prison Song as a great opener for an album, although I guess you could make the comparison to Bounce on the 2 minute Penis joke level too.

I just have to announce that as a Laker fan, I have a small fondness for Chick N Stu.

Also, SOAD is a great band. I'll have to check this out when I get the chance.

Cigaro is the single... it was never "leaked" that was just a rumor or something the record company threw out there to make it sound like a big deal.  So, to sum it up:  first single off the double album, never leaked, radio is already playing it like crazy.

I haven't heard it on the radio yet, but I'm curious, how shitty does it sound cut up from all the censoring?

Jesus Christ is this song good, no excellent, no outstanding. I can't remember a song in recent memory that has had me sitting here listening to it on repeat for over an hour now...it just is such a fast mix which get stuck in your head. Reminds me of a cross between Chic N Stu and Storaged. I am just waiting for the double album now, there is no way it can be bad going by this.

The radio edit we have has cock and shit beeped out like you were watching Jerry Springer. I prefer it that way personally, I don't want anyone trying to get cute with SoaD trying to reverse it or put in some weird sound effect. And I'd hate for SoaD to ever do a clean version of anything.

• 2 weeks later...

A big bump, I know, but I thought this was worth mentioning. Cigaro is not going to be the first single from "Mesmerize":

Bring Your Own System - wookubus

(5:11 PM MST 02/08/2005)

System Of A Down are said to be eyeing the track "B.Y.O.B." as the first single from their upcoming new album "Mezmerize". The track is slated to impact at radio in early March while the album will follow, arriving in stores through American/Columbia on April 26th.