What Gigs have you been to recently?

Jook

Guest seattlebandfan9

A year huh...

I've seen Clutch three times in the past year. 10/10

I've seen Metallica twice. 9/10

Chimaria with Machine Head and Trivium - 10/10

I'm going to see Flaw this coming Sunday, which should rock.

There is probably something else, but I really can't remember.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GoGo *clapclap* goes to concerts *clapclap* and maybe *clapclap* you should too!

All right, let's catch up here. Vera Project. Four bands. None of them suck. Yaaaay.

First was The Most. They played really generic fun rock and roll and had a good singer (who happens to be a very funny person. I know because I volunteered at the show and met her after their set), but the music a bunch of the time seemed off-base and uncoordinated. I liked them for what they were, though, so 6/10.

Then the REAL stars of the show, the Orphan Project. These guys are like everything that's cool about Vendetta Red with none of the stuff that sucks about 'em. Total kick-ass thrash around the stage jumping on amps and still playing rock and roll and massive stage presence. I loved 'em. 8/10.

The Glasses were next, and they were just kind of there. It was good music, but it didn't really capture my attention. They, too, have a cool, funny lead singer. 6/10.

The main event headliner people were The Turn-Ons, who have a little bit of a local following (they're even playing at this year's Bumbershoot). Their gimmick is that they have a video projector playing footage of weird shit and a fog machine going while they play their trippy as fuck music. It's good music and the gimmick makes it that much better. 7/10

Overall a fun show. Next up a show that WASN'T fun when you think about it in retrospect for the first half; the Nova Benefit Show '04! And later on some band caled Bela and the Flecktones and Bumbershoot '04 begins... hopefully.

I went to a local Battle Of The Bands tonight....my friends were playing. We got in fights with another band and someone who worked at the shitty venue.

(If ever in AZ...don't go see a show at The Mason Jar)

Despite that stuff, we were actually the ones that everyone liked out of the fiascos. The guys befriended another cool metal band and we'll probablyhang out with them later this week.

Oddly enough, neither of them won when they were the best available talent. BOTB shows suck.

BTW, the band names are Hammer Down and Forgotten Lifestyle. In case you ever catch wind of them at some point.

Saw LAMB OF GOD, EVERY TIME I DIE, ATREYU, and UNEARTH last night.

Every Time I Die's live show suffers once again, as I've seen them five times now, with only two being good. They sound like they're playing at about half-speed - don't know whether it's the difficulty of the riffs getting to them, or maybe the drummer can't keep up, but it's quite annoying and hard to get into the music. Their last three songs were really good, though.

Unearth was fucking bad ass.

Atreyu - was - terrible. I like Atreyu, although their new shit sucks a dick and likes it, but their live show is just horrid. The singer sounds like a screeching 12 year old girl, the guitars sound like total shit, the timing is off [and when you've been playing on the road for years at a time, you'd think that would not be the case], and their selection of songs was not very good. Their drummer/vocalist had a good vocal sound, though.

Lamb of God was pretty fucking good. They played a healthy set of new and old [and REALLY old] stuff, including a Burn the Priest [their old name] song. The one gripe I had was that they played TOO MUCH. They were on for two hours, and played 16 songs. Now, I love Lamb of God, but standing there for two hours hearing their songs gets a bit boring after about an hour and a half, and the crowd's enthusiasm suffered a major drop-off after about an hour and ten minutes. It's hard to mosh for two hours, let me tell you. So, they were good, but not amazing as the last time I saw them.