I just dug out my Mega Drive.

FLiam

I just dug out my old Mega Drive and was plesantly suprised when I realised that it works. Now I have the urge to buy some games from eBay, Gamestation etc. What do you lot reccomed?

Baring in mind I already have:

James Pond I and II.

Ecco.

All Sonic's

Shining Force 2

CastleVania.

Brian Lara Cricket.

Prince of Persia.

Another World.

I have about 15 more, but most of them are shit, so go ahead, what games are there which I don't have which are great? I personally want another game similar to Shining Force, because that games owns.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Lara and Another World?! Ooooooh you little legend!

NBA Live 96 was good, and that's a Brit encouraging you to get it!

Ren And Stimpy is perhaps the funniest and weirdest Mega Drive game.

Pete Sampras tennis is lush too. Especially if you enter "Zeppelin" (I think that's how you spell it) as a code. You get a full tennis tour with rankings and everything and you choose which tournaments you enter and you win prize money etc...Very cutting edge for the time!!!

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I think my brothers girlfriend might have her old MD, kicking about somewhere, I'll ask her if shes still got it. If not I'll have to find one on eBay, If I can get one for less than a tenner, I'll be happy.

eBay rocks for people selling bulk games too.

EDIT: Would a Sega Genesis work with an english AC adapter, instead of using the adapter that comes with it?

Edited by muddatrucker

Ecco is that dolphin game or whatever right? Damn I remember how hard that used to be years back when I was addicted to it. We've got a mega drive here so I might have to get it out later.

You have no Mortal Combats? That's like one of the best games ever, get it if you haven't got it. Don't forget the classic Streets Of Rage as well, damn that game ruled. I always liked Desert Strike too.

Shit I just remembered Mega Bomberman too. That game was fucking awesome!

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Brian Lara and Another World?! Ooooooh you little legend!

NBA Live 96 was good, and that's a Brit encouraging you to get it!

Ren And Stimpy is perhaps the funniest and weirdest Mega Drive game.

Pete Sampras tennis is lush too. Especially if you enter "Zeppelin" (I think that's how you spell it) as a code. You get a full tennis tour with rankings and everything and you choose which tournaments you enter and you win prize money etc...Very cutting edge for the time!!!

Edited by Malenko

Indeed, for ToeJam and Earl. As well as ToeJam and Earl 2, of course.

Others:

* Rocket Knight Adventures. It's basically Possums playing at being Jedi Knight rip-offs, but that doesn't distract from the fact that it freakin' rules. Its sequel 'Sparkster', however, sucks.

* Bubsy the Bobcat: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind. Once you get over the fact that you die really, REALLY easily (but have 9 lives, being a cat), the game's great. Yeah, and your entire purpose is to save the world from aliens known as 'Woolies' who've come to steal all the yarn balls you like to play with. The humanity...!!

* General Chaos. You control a squad of 5 troops and proceed to try and blow the shit out of 5 other troops, using bazookas, dynamite and the like. Genius.

* Disney made some brilliant games for the Mega Drive. I'd pick out Aladdin and The Lion King as two particularly great ones.

* Jungle Strike is teh roxorz. Not the original Desert. Not Urban or Nuclear or any other kind of crap. Jungle. Owns. All.

Was this Mega Drive ever released in the US?

'Mega Drive' is an alternative name for the Sega Genesis.

And how did I forget to add the glory that is Earthworm Jim to my list?

Edited by stokeriño

Chuck Rock ruled, I had that but it broke :(

I have all the Desert Strike games, Jungle Strike etc etc.

I also have Premier Manager and Premier Manager 97. They rocked except I sucked at it and never made any higher than Division 2 with Fulham :(

I am going to have to look for Earthworm Jim.

:(

I went to find my old Mega Drive but it's gone. All thats left is a control pad.

I must buy one now.

* Bubsy the Bobcat: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind. Once you get over the fact that you die really, REALLY easily (but have 9 lives, being a cat), the game's great. Yeah, and your entire purpose is to save the world from aliens known as 'Woolies' who've come to steal all the yarn balls you like to play with. The humanity...!!

Holy shit I remember this game and it ruled hardcore. All this talk is gunna make me go rumage through the basement to find all my old consoles...