Backmasking

tristy

Or, commonly known as "hidden messages" when reversed on vinyl, I think it is.

Yeah, so there was a site that had a lot of backmasked tracks, and it's not this one, although that's close to the one I'm looking for.

I guess, just give me some backmasking websites where I can listen to some clips and shit. Yes, I didn't do a search on google, because maybe if people search for it for me, they'll be intrigued and listen and have something to respond to this topic with other than the link. :P

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I don't understand any of those backwards messages on that site, what are they suppose to be saying? or is it just bullshit?

EDIT: missed the lyrics part, yeah its not clear till you read it, which means its someones bullshit translation that once you've read you want to believe.

Edited by muddatrucker

Anyone know what the Judas Priest one was supposed to say? The one that went to court 'cause those kids shot themselves?

I don't know the song but I've read of that in Sounds of the Beast: The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal. While I don't know the exact song, the album is supposedly Judas Priests' Stained Class.

There's also one (that was proven as bullshit) in the Ozzy song Suicide Solution. It was supposedly "Get the gun and shoot it".

As for the Paul is dead bit... I wouldn't surprise me. If you look hard enough, there are quite a few subtle instances inside the Beatles world that hint to Paul being dead. It was most likely done by the Beatles themselves to poke fun at the conspiracy theorists that believe that Paul McCartney died in a car wreck and he was replaced by somebody who looked and sounded identical to him. I had a teacher that was a diehard Beatles fans and showed us a bunch of shit... For example, in Strawberry Fields Fovever, there is a part at the end (IIRC) that was supposed to be something like "Cranberry Sauce" but if you listen it can also sound like "I Burried Paul". (Remember the episode of the Simpsons when Homer becomes a hippie, during the end credits Homer sings Uptown Girl and the very end of the credits he says "I BURRIED FLANDERS!"... Just thought I bring that up just incase people wonder what that was all about)

There also some hints on the Sgt. Peppers album, but I can't remember them all. The most obvious one is on the cover.... There is a guitar outlined with flowers on the grave setting, but is placed in the opposite direction, like how a left handed person would play a guitar... Paul McCartney played left handed... (not sure if that came out right, but you get the idea). Also, if you take the album cover and put something thin and reflective in the middle of the bass drum were it says "LONELY HEARTS", there is supposedly some kind of hint there, but I can't remember what it was.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

But the point of backmasking is to find a reversed message in songs. If you believe that all he did was run them backwards and picked out things that sounded like something, then yeah, he's being serious.

Well whoever made the site isn't claiming that the artists (or someone else) put these hidden messages in their songs deliberately, which some people believe.

But the point of backmasking is to find a reversed message in songs. If you believe that all he did was run them backwards and picked out things that sounded like something, then yeah, he's being serious.

Well whoever made the site isn't claiming that the artists (or someone else) put these hidden messages in their songs deliberately, which some people believe.

that's what i meant. The guy who made the site wasn't being serious in a way he didn't really mean the bands tried to create subliminal messages, similar sounds just ended up there somehow.

Ahhh thought that might've been it too, sorry about that then.

that's what i meant. The guy who made the site wasn't being serious in a way he didn't really mean the bands tried to create subliminal messages, similar sounds just ended up there somehow.