Champions League Today :-)

Chelsea vs Barca, what a game, I damn well enjoyed that. I thought Joe Cole had a good game, cant really say who had man of the match, I got too caught up in the match to decide, heh.

And Bremen got raped. Brutally.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One man side, without Robben you suck.

:shifty:

Anyway, I wonder what was going on with Ronaldinho at the end, sore loser?

On the Utd game, my mate said that they were one of the most organised sides he has seen, does anyone else think that? They seem pretty damn solid.

And if I learned one thing from the Chelsea game, it is that Petr Cech IS the best goalkeeper in the world and I am so fucking annoyed we couldn't get him when we tried. :angry:

Edited by Gooner4Life

Alike you stoke I was trying to get some work done during that game and hell, it was impossible.

I thought the game of the week was gonna happen 1pm this Sunday but Chelsea vs. Barca was just everything. It had fancy football, it had scrappy football, it had end to end action, great saves and great shots.

Good on Barcelona for getting back into the game but for some reason I always expected Chelsea to get that winner. Peter Cech and Joe Cole had stunning games while the rest of the squad (including Makelele who I despise) were great.

Nothing but praise for both teams on what was my most enjoyed game of the season...outside Leicester/Charlton in the Cup.

Anyway, I wonder what was going on with Ronaldinho at the end, sore loser?

Just saw Gio Van Bronkhorst say in a post match interview that someone apparently said something racial to Ronny after the match.

Its being reported on SkySportsNews that Claude Makelele called him a coon.

:huh:

Uh...does anyone else see the total non-making sense of that?

This racism stuff in Europe is getting out of hand. I say fine Chelsea in the millions...only because it's Chelsea, and they are rather rich.

Wow, I just made that up and you guys didn't even notice.

Well, I could just imagine him saying it. Mind you, if he did say that I could also imagine everyone else in the tunnel laughing at him.

Cant be assed to read all of these posts so here's my opinion :P

I cant possibly hate a team more than I hate Chelsea. I detest them. I think they are pure scum. Tonight though time to not be biased for this one time. They performed at the top, cant take it away from them. Do I think they deserved to go through? To be fair, no I don't. Why? Because I feel Barcelona were the better team in both legs, just Chelsea defended well enough and had that little bit of luck. Don't moan at me though, I'm here giving Chelsea credit for once.

To be fair Barcelona should be through probably right now. The last Chelsea goal should NEVER and I repeat NEVER have stood. Go ahead and disagree, whoever does is wrong whatever they want to say. Carvalho or whatever that nonces name is, had his hand around the shoulder or whatever of Valdes, fouling him AND stopping him from making a save. Maybe the referee didn't see it and these things happen, but at this level it's such a shame that a team goes out just because of that one moment. Ronaldinho has every right to be pissed. He scored one of the goals of the CL and put in a damn good performance. Commentators need to quit moaning about Barcelona diving, because they forget that Joe Cole is as bad as ten Klinsmans when it comes to diving. Belliti was superb, my man of the match probably. He was up and down the wing all night. First time that Cech has convinced me, hat off to him. Some stunning saves and I really cant say a bad word on him. Lampard was damn good too, don't like the guy but tonight he put in a very good performance.

You know the one thing I loved by the end of this is the commentators and others trying to now say it's basically Chelsea's trophy. Yes they jsut beat the best team in Spain right now, yes the team that I actually thought would be in the final to be fair, but that means nothing right now. In my opinion I'd have them as joint second favourites actually. I think Milan are looking the best team in it right now with two amazing performances against United. I'm not saying Chelsea aint a good team here because they beat Barcelona, even if it was an unfair victory, but at the end of the day I still don't see them as favourites. No doubt they'll probably get the piss easy draw next as well, probably Porto/Inter, who while aren't bad they still lack something when playing. I still hate the guts of Jose and yes I hated the cheers and celebrations after which is why I cant wait for the next games. You know what I want? I want them to draw Juventus, because it would be the greatest day ever for me in football if it was us who knocked out the scum of England :wub:

Damn I sounded harsh right there, just my opinion though. Anyway other than that, the Milan/United game looked very good. Cant beleive Milan stopped them scoring, very surprised. That's why they are my favourites too, just so much strength and they're missing Shev. Am I seeing things when I switched over and see Inzaghi warming up? Oh hell yes, cant wait to see him back in action. I heard Gattuso was at his usual best, or near it and no one gets the crowd going like that guy. Glad Milan are through to be fair. Also see the result of the huge scoring Lyon/Bremen, at least the team Maztat said were wow amazing and were going to win it, are now out. Although they have come far and it gets hard at these stages, so yeah.

Very nervous about tomorrow to be honest. Aint going to be easy against Madrid even if it is at home. If they score the first goal then I'll honesty be on the edge of my seat all night, because it'd leave us needing three. I see Makaay(sp?) is injured? Could be a boost for Arsenal, although Ballack is playing. Hope Liverpool go through too.

I love some of the comments...

"even though it was an unfair victory"

"Barcelona should be through probably right now"

"Because I feel Barcelona were the better team in both legs, just Chelsea defended well enough and had that little bit of luck"

Unfair victory? Because of the foul on the last goal, in your opinion? Well, there's the argument for Drogba's sending off in the first match, which maybe ruined Chelsea's chance of getting a draw out of the game. There is the possible argument against the handball for Barca's penalty (how can you deliberately handball if you aren't looking at the ball?). There is also the fact that even if there was one dodgy goal, they still stuck 4 other goals other 2 games past Barca.

Maybe Chelsea weren't the best side over both game.....but they were substance, not just idle flair. At the end of the day, irrelevant of what Barca did or didn't do, Chelsea stuck 5 goals past them over the 2 legs, and Barca could only do it 4 times. That makes Chelsea the most productive side at least, because they took thier chances.

And I'll say this now, and will probably get bashed big time for it......Ronaldinho, and Barcalona are over-rated. Ronaldinho's goal was good, fair enough, but the defending was fucking awful for it. If Carvalho had got to him, rather than tried to anticipate what happened, then Ronaldinho wouldn't have been able to shoot. I'm always for substance in a player rather than flair...I could care less what Ronaldinho can or can't do, but I'd pick a younger Roy Keane over him any day, for example.

Also, I loved Mourinho's celebrating......because I think that he backed up a lot of the comments he made with the victory at the end of the day. Whether I like Chelsea or not, I like Mourinho.

Final matches of the first knockout round:

Arsenal v Bayern Munich (First Leg 1-3)

I'm going for a 2-1 here. Arsenal will win, but still fail to make it to the next round.

Bayer Leverkusen v Liverpool (First Leg 1-3)

1-0. I have absolutely no idea how this match will turn out, given Liverpool's inconsistent form.

Juventus v Real Madrid (First Leg 0-1)

3-3. Two very evenly matched sides. I expect Madrid to just edge it though.

Monaco v PSV Eindhoven (First Leg 0-1)

0-1. Monaco just don't have the quality they had last season.

Man Utd played shite. Absolutely shite. Dida didn't have to make a single save in the entire game. The one shot that got past him hit off the post. Then Gattuso went and nacked Giggs who was the only player I could see conjouring anything up. Milan's defence is fucking awesome too. I'd have to say I can see them going on to win it all now. Especially with Shevchenko back.

I was probably watching the wrong game since the goalfest was on the other side but I hate seeing Chelsea win just for Mourinho, something about him I just can't stand. I hope Liverpool knock them out >_>

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I caught some of the Milan/Utd game late last nite, It was pretty boring for me, there was something really annoying about the lighting of the pitch too, everything seemed far too bright (no, it wasn't my TV) football isn't the same unless its pissing down.