What game genres do you find hard to play ?

Docpepper

Most platformers and racing games for me. the only racig game I'll play is Burnout 3 or NFSU2. Don't get me started on Nascar games.

something about Platformers jsut doesn't suit me I dunno why , tried to play games like Ratchet and clank but I jsut couldn't get hooked.

Some RPGs are that way, For me to play an RPG it must have a good story and great gameplay.

My bread and butter are sport titles , and action games (FPS , and etc)

Racing games, there's been too many advances in the GT type games, to the point where they come to the point where it is needed to talk about the physics of how the cars drive in their manuals.

Yes! Gran Turismo is nothing but graphics to me. I hate racing games to the point where the only time I'll drive in a game is in GTA. Even things like Driver get amazingly boring after a while for me.

I loath and detest RPG's, especially the turn based sort. I always hated the whole "Hit me with a sword, step back, I hit you with a sword, you cycle through magic and shower me with fire, I hit you with ice sword of doom, rinse and repeat". If I'm going to fight the CPU in any kind of game then I want total control. I want to be able to hit you in the face with an axe and continue that without letting you restore yourself with some silly magic.

I've never been very good at baseball games either. They are alot of fun, but I absolutely suck at them. I seem to have a problem where I'll hit the wrong button and my outfielder will dive away from the ball giving my opponent plenty of extra bases.

Racing games, there's been too many advances in the GT type games, to the point where they come to the point where it is needed to talk about the physics of how the cars drive in their manuals.

Yes! Gran Turismo is nothing but graphics to me. I hate racing games to the point where the only time I'll drive in a game is in GTA. Even things like Driver get amazingly boring after a while for me.

Burnout 3...the word boring will be stricken from your vocab after a couple of hours with that game. Not recommended for people with heart problems, though... B)

And as far as Gran Turismo, yes, it's one of the most spectacular-looking games ever, but after spending over ten hours just trying to pass one piddly license test in GT3, I swore them off. Gimme something that rewards excellence without totally demanding perfection.

...and Driver's been boring ever since they created a sequel, let alone the pile of excrement that was the third one. They spent more time trying to think of cheap shots at GTA than they did trying to make a good game.

Burnout 3 is entertaining for a couple of hours, then it gets VERY dull. The cars are virtually the same besides aesthetics, and there's only so many times you can send a car off a ramp and into an intersection before it gets boring.

Personally the Hugo trilogy is my favorite "point-and-click" adventure game, at least, the Windows versions are. I hate puzzles where you have to sit there for hours and not get anywhere; Hugo is old enough to have complete FAQ/Walkthroughs up at GameFAQs; plus I know the first game (house of horrors) has a hint booklet in the game's help files if you get stuck.

GT games turned me off to racing big-time. They are just too frustrating, too much work. I'll take the lame NASCAR "I have 93 engine and 87 tire grip!" method, thank you.

I also hate fighting games. I always button-mash, or end up relying on the same cheap tactics over and over. Not fun.

I like the Knockout Kings/Fight Night games though.

Guest Crimson Nightmare

I'm not the biggest RPG fan, but I'll play an occaisional one. I detest sports titles, I've always been horrible at them, with the exception of NFL Blitz..and I don't really think that counts (I could pwn major ass at that game). Certain platformers appeal to me (old schooly Sonic) while others do not, and well, I think that's about it.

I enjoy a good racing game, wrestling titles, fighting games (loove the King of Fighters series, as well as Soul Calibur), decent at FPS' (suck at Halo), and can't go wrong with an occaisional brainless action game.