News from the gaming world

Docpepper

So I was surfing several sites reading up on games and came across stuff I haven't heard of . some of the news might be a month or so older I dunno I'll try to keep recent news items posted.

Family Guy Video Game in the Works

Posted by Zonk on Friday February 04, @02:00PM

"According to Businesswire there is a Family Guy video game in the works, set to hit the street sometime next year. The game is being developed by Take-Two Interactive. The press releases contains only a few scant details, but the game will be a 3rd person action game that puts you in control of various members of the once cancelled animated family." From the article: "The massive licensing and merchandising program on tap will coincide with the new series launch for Family Guy on May 1st, and is expected to be one of the company's largest product blitzes to date."

Hmmm a Family Guy game, are we gonna have another Simpsons Hit and Run on our hands?

Well, S:HR was described as a GTA rip-off for Simpson fans and the Family Guy game is being developed by Take-Two Interactive (developers of GTA) so it's quite possible. I don't think I'm going to be a big fan of it, however.

I became convinced a few years ago that with the frequency with which Trip Hawkins throws away money he is a serious amphetamine abuser.

Family Guy game could be good(Simpsons Hit & Run) or bad(Futurama) we will have to wait and see.

I can see Microsoft buying Nintendo but not in 5 years, the only way it will be in 5 years is if PSP absoulty crushes Game Boy in the handheld market for good. Game Boy could allow Nintendo to survive for decades if it continues at it's success

Family Guy game could be good(Simpsons Hit & Run) or bad(Futurama) we will have to wait and see.

I can see Microsoft buying Nintendo but not in 5 years, the only way it will be in 5 years is if PSP absoulty crushes Game Boy in the handheld market for good. Game Boy could allow Nintendo to survive for decades if it continues at it's success

There was a Futurama game? For what system? What was it called?

Edited by Corizzle

There was a Futurama game? For what system? What was it called?

Edited by veg

The Futurama game > Bart's Worst Nightmare > any Simpsons game on PS2, Gamecube or XBox

I can't imagine a Family Guy game working, though, it doesn't lend itself to a video game format as much as Futurama did...

To be fair, very few sitcoms should ever have a game based on them, it just doesn't make sense.

Edited by Skumfrog