World Wrestling Federation '98

ChuBalso

Perspectives: Agents Mike Rotunda, Pat Patterson, & Gerry Brisco, and Bruce Pritchard.

JJ Dillon's Office, hours before leaving for the PHAT TV TV Taping...

Mike Rotunda was pissed. He just got another complaint from the boys about Don Frye's attidude, backstage, at shows. With his recent start of a tag team push with the returning Jim Powers, Frye's been very cocky to others, including Simon Diamond whom he's done a program with, into Shangril-a.

Dillon

" First Christopher on that Imus show. Then, Corino with this 'family emergency' bullshit. Lee doesn't know when to stop partying. And now, Frye?"

Brisco

" You give these guys some extra time, out there, and they throw it right back in your face."

Rotunda

" There's more. Remember that spot we set up on Letterman, for Jim Powers, to push Wrestlemania '98?"

Dillon

" What now?"

Rotunda

" Well, Powers took 'comedy' a little too far. He attacked half of the roster!"

Dillon

" Why the fuck did he do that!?"

Rotunda

" He says it was because [Jack] Lanza told him to 'perform for the crowd' - 'BE FUNNY'. Here, take a look."

With that, Rotunda popped in the video spot of Powers on Letterman, yesterday before he flew in for RAW.

The Late Show

w/ Dave Letterman

<BR><P>

Aired March 10th, 1998

<BR><P>

*********************************************************************************************

<p>

user posted imageuser posted image

Letterman" And our next guest will be live, April 28th, from the Houston Astrodome for the WWF's Wrestlemania '98 -- please welcome, pro wrestler Jim Powers"

[*Audience applauses, as Powers approaches the stage*]

Powers" Great to be here, Dave."

Letterman" Now you have a very interesting story -- we were talking about this backstage; So right now, you work for the World Wrestling Federation--er competing in, right?"

Powers" That's correct!"

Letterman" But you were fired, before."

Powers" Yup. I guess I weren't good enough, back then."

Letterman" See, almost the same thing happened to me and Paul. Isn't that right, Paul?"

Schaeffer" I believe it is!"

Letterman" You see, we did this same show, for about 10 years over on NBC -- back then, the show was much better." [*Audience laughs*]

Powers [*Laughing*]" Right."

Letterman" And then we got fired. But, we never got called back. " [*Some laughter*]

Powers" That's too bad, man." [*Some laughter*]

Letterman" Well, actually Paul got fired, and I said, 'No no no no! If Paul goes, I go!" [*Laughter and applause*]

Schaeffer" And I thank you!"

Letterman" So, what did you do during this time off?"

Powers" Well, yea -- first, I worked for the WWF, didn't really get anywhere then. This was the early '90's. I competed in some indie promotions for a little while, then I got a call, from UFC. I did that for a little while, and met up with the agent, who's Don Frye's agent now. And he got Frye a deal with the WWF, from UFC. So, he talked those in charge of the WWF, to give me a second chance, now that I have a little outside competing experience."

Letterman" Ooooh, ooooh, and that UFC, it's Ultimate Fighters?--fighting?..."

Powers" Ultimate Fighting Competition -- and it's very, very tough."

Letterman" Yes, that's right, they bend and stab, and bite and teeth, and break, and grrrrr...grrrrrr....snap! snap!-- [*Crowd laughs*]"

Powers" And bleed! There's alotta blood."

Letterman [*Laughing*]" I bet there is...So..uh..uh...how has the WWF changed since before?"

Powers" Ohhh, it's changed alot man. Better wrestlers, better athletes, better product. We've got a great group of guys [*long pause*] -- but everyone's foreign now!"

Letterman [*Laughing*]" What? Really?"

Powers" Yea, our WWF Triple Crown Champion doesn't even speak English!"

Letterman [*Laughing*]" So how does he communicate with others? 'Etch-A-Sketch?'" [*Audience Laughs*]

Powers [*Laughing*] " I dunno, I dunno. All he does is scream and yell in the ring. [*Standing up, making sumo type face*] HiiiiiiiiiYAAAAAAAAAA!!!! [*Audiences laugh*] Waaaaaahhhhhhhhh, chop! Chop! Chop! Yaaaaahh!" [*Audience laughs*]

Letterman" Feeling better?" [*Audience Laughs*]

Powers" Yea, I'm fine. [*Laughs*]"

Letterman" Now, lets get back to this 'everyone's foreign' thing. [*Laughing*] What does--"

Powers" Well, not everyone. But most of the top wrestlers, are. Carl P. Oulette, Owen Hart, Mr. Everything, Phil LaFon, and more -- ALL CANADIAN. These are the top guys in the WWF, right now. [*some crowd applause*] We even got another young canadian guy, Chris Jericho in our development territory, recouping from an injury. He's Lance Storme's partner. [*Someone in the crowd yells, 'Sting!' And of course, Tenzan -- that's our World Champion. He's somoan, or Japanese or something. Plus he's got like, a bunch of his friends to watch his back. Most of them are Japanese! [*Laughing*] Amazing wrestler, though. Then we've got the Arabians, like Sabu, and Iron Shiek, [*audience starts to laugh*], then we've got these Bristish guys, our Tag Team Champions, The Crimson Twins....[*audience laughs*] "

Letterman" Do you need a passport to compete in the WWF?" [*Crowd laughs*]

Powers" Sometimes, I think so, Dave. Sometimes I think so."

Letterman [*Picks up Telephone*]" Ok, now before we go, we've got some people, here -- who would like to ask you some questions, if you don't mind?"

Powers" Oh, sure! Go right ahead!"

Letterman" Ok, this is Stephanie Brickett, one of my assistants. She likes to be called, 'Monte'. [*picks up phone*] Hi, Monte."

Stephanie" Hi, Dave."

Letterman" Stephanie works upstairs, here in the beautiful Ed Sullivan theatre -- how are things in the office, Monte?"

Stephanie" Could be better." [*Audience laughs*]

Letterman" [*To Paul*] 'It could be better', did you hear that? Now, Monte--or do you prefer, 'Bunny', or 'Monte'?"[*Crowd laughs*]

Stephanie" NO! Monte's fine...."

Letterman" Ok, well, I'm here with World Wrestling Federation Superstars, Jim Powers. He'll be competing at the biggest wrestling event of the year; Wrestlemania '98 -- August--no April 28th, 1998. Now, I understand you have a question for Mr. Powers."

Powers" Don't forgot, that you can see Wrestlemania, only on Pay Per View, cos tickets are sold out."

Letterman" Wow! Already! Very impressive. Now, Steph -- your question for WWF Superstar Jim Powers."

Stephanie" Well, Jim, first off on behalf of the Late Show, I would like to thank you for appearing on the show."[*some laughter*]

Letterman" Yea, yea, ok. C'mon, Monte. We got to that part, already."

Stephanie" Sorry. Now, since you've been rehired by the WWF did you see or touch any monkeys?" [*Crowd laughs*]

Letterman" Thank you, Monte. Goodbye."

Powers [*Over laughter*] " Yea, actually! The same guys that fired me, years ago!"

Letterman" Ok, now we're going to go to Rupert G, outside at the Rupert G Deli, right out here on 53rd Street -- Hi Rupert."

Rupert" Hi, Dave."

Letterman" How are things going over there? Moving slowly? Or, slowly moving?" [*Laughter*]

Rupert" Uh...."

Letterman" Nevermind, Rupert. No one's watching, anyway. [*some laughter*] Just ask your question to WWF Wrestler Jimmy Powers."

Rupert" Since your return to the WWF, has there been any hanky panky going on?" [*Laughter*]

Letterman" Thank you, Rupert."

Powers" Hahaha! Yea, actually. All the time, don't make me get into it. Alot has changed--"

*Tape stopped*

Edited by Treyu

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWF PHAT TV

WWF Physically Huge And Tough Television

The Year Of "The Dragon"...

WWF Women's Tournament Brackets

WWF Tag Team C1 CLASH

March 12rd, 1998 (Dates are corrected)

Channel: SKY

Venue: The Live -N- Lurn Centre, Detriot - MI

Announcing Team: Vince McMahon & Paulie Dangerously

Attendance: 12039

In-Ring Announcer: Joe Pedicino

Referee Team: Bill Alfonso, Mike Chioda, Shane McMahon, Earl Hebner, Charles Robinson, Jim Mollineaux, John Finnegan

By

Dave Schmeltzer

Bull Nakano w/ Jim Cornette d. Noji Akuto - WWF Women's Tournament

PHAT TV on 3/12 opened up with Paulie Dangerously with his first official colour commentating role with Vince. Dangerously said he was tired of McMahon, from RAW already. Akuto was a skinny Japanese woman -- so she was annihilated by Nakano. Cornette was waiving the Japanese Flag, with Inoki at ringside. Looks like they're getting Inoki back in the PRIDE mix. Nakano drilled Akuto with the overhead power bomb at 5:32 of an opener. After the match, going into WWF house show adverts, they cut to the back where, WWF Matchmaker/writer Katey Jane Myers said to Gerry Brisco, on camera -- "Ya think we gotta do a gender check on her...Gerry?" [*They both laugh*]

Katey Jayne's last on screen appearance was in 1993 when she was bought off by Ted Dibiase. I see they're rewarding some of the staffers' loyalty.

Overall: 47

Crowd: 43

Match: 52

Noji Akuto lost overness from this match. Bull Nakano gained overness from this match.

- The Soul Zone w/ The Canadian Horseman -

They returned with Slick's segment, The Soul Zone. Slick got the biggest pop of the night. It's ashame that the WWF doesn't use these face managers who are over (Paulie Dangerously, Slick) to bring up some new faces. Paul Ellering can only do so much, with Doug Furnas and the Warriors Of Doom, eh?. He introduced, "The Canadian Horseman...Owen Hart". Slick asked him a few questions about Corino leaving...Hart wished him the best of luck, and thanked him for his recent save. Alot of "We want Bret" chants, here. Owen's lost alot of heat since Shangril-a. Probably due to his absorption into the Horsemen, which usually happens. It's been known as the 'Lex Luger' syndrome. Slick, then moved onto Wrestlemania, and asked who Owen thought would be viable opponents. Well, I don't think that Slick actually said 'Viable'. Coming out of Slick's mouth, it sounded more like "Valuable"". Anyway, at this point, Mr. Perfect's Music Hit..., and of course, out came Lanny Poffo & Phil LaFon....

LaFon" When you called out 'The Canadian Horseman', I thought for sure you were talking about me! Not this poor excuse for an Intercontinental Champion!"

[*Crowd booes*]

Hart" Phillip! I don't know what's gotten into you over the last month or so, but--"

LaFon" What's gotten into me? It bothers me that people like you get all of this attention...get all of the shots...just because of their last name. [*Crowd Ohhhhhhhs*]"

Hart" I'm where I am today, because of what I am. And that's one of the best wrestlers in the world, today!"

[*The 'We want Bret' chants are faintly heard*]

LaFon[*Face to face with Owen*]" You heard them...the wrong Hart, showed up."

At that stunning remark, just as Owen was about to deck LaFon for his insult, Lanny Poffo, who snuck around Owen, smashed his scroll over the neck of Owen, blasting him down. Both Poffo & LaFon began kicking at Hart as Slick cried for help. LaFon, then, locked Owen into the S.T.F., right there on the Soul Zone set. They both fled when The Memphis Knight, Poffo's opponent later on tonight, came out to make the save. 78%

Slick lost overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

Curt Hennig & Ray Rougeau d. The Heavenly Bodies (Dr. Tom Pritchard & Jimmy Del Ray) WWF Tag Team C1 CLASH

Everyone moved kinda slow in this one, and worked a typical WWF '80s style match, with no one enjoyed. The announcers used this match as a backdrop to talk about what just happend on The Soul Zone. Hennig won with the Perfect-Plex on Del Ray, at 11:11 of the match.

Overall: 66

Crowd: 62

Match: 70

Jimmy Del Ray is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

-ADVERTS-

- Kaizhen The Muay Thai Master -

Coming out of the break, there was a little old Thai man, wearing a robe in the ring. He was bald, with a staff in hand, just standing there. McMahon and Slick pretended not to know who he was...so McMahon calmy took off his head set and approached the man in the ring. McMahon asked him who he was -- he replied, "Kaizhen...mentor of Masanabanwenchaznoria."

After McMahon acknowledged her as a new women's wrestler, Kaizhen, then began talking about the martial art, 'Muay Thai', which is a form of kickboxing. At this point, senior official, Bill Alfonso's whistle was heard, and out came he, with Tomax Crimson & official Mike Rotunda -- Tomax, like Rotunda, sporting a complete suit. The last time The Crimsons had the suit and tie combination was during their debut. Tomax had an envelope in his hand.

Tomax

" Handed straight into senior official Bill Alfonso's hand, straight from the hand of Presidential Assistant Lanny Poffo's hand, straight into my hand, after being sealed from--well, you get the point...[*Crowd booes, and starts 'Tomax Sux' chant*] And now, straight into the hands, of former WWF Tag Team Champion, former WWF Intercontinental Champion -- Michael Roeeee-TUNNN--DAAA!!!"

Rotunda strapped his suspenders at the 'Iwrin' chants, opened the envelope and grinned as he spoke to Kaizhen;

Rotunda" Kaizhen...we, here at the WWF, want your wrestler, Masa--enben--um--Masanaaboochooz..um..er...CHAZNORIA--, to be able to fully display her Muay Thai skills to this, rather uneducated crowd. [*Crowd booes*] I mean, c'mon. You people are going to be exposed to an ancient martial art. EMBRACE IT! Anything to improve your intelligent level can't hurt! [*Crowd booes*] So now...allow me to introduce to you, a carefully selected opponent, for you.....[*Opens Envelope*]...73%

MISSSSSS ELIZABETH!!!!"

Tomax gained overness from this segment. Kaizhen gained overness from this segment.

At that point, Rotunda pointed to the Titan-Tron--Xamot was waiting outside of Elizabeth's locker room door with a big grin on his scarred up face. Sometimes I wonder, how Xamot actually did get that grotesque scar, on his left cheek. Xamot opened the door and starting evilishly laughing as Liz screamed, as if she was being attacked. Paulie had a funny line here saying, "She's been frightened to death, by Xamot's face! Someone help!! SHE'S MADE EYE CONTACT!"

Suddenly from behind, Interim President Jack Tunney, coming out of no-where grabbed Xamot's from behind, pulling him back by his hair. Here, Tomax darted out of the ring, and to the back to help out his brother. They used the split screen, again, for the home viewers which worked out great. Elizabeth continued to scream, while Tunney and Xamot scuffled, until Tomax grabbed, and threw Tunney against the wall. Rotunda, who was watching this all, in the ring, began screaming at the Titan Tron;

Rotunda" Now, Tunney you sit tight, and you don't move a muscle! Elizabeth, just like any other woman, here in the WWF, has an obligation to compete in that ring, if needed! This isn't 1988, anymore, Liz...it's '98! Clapping and smiling just won't cut it anymore! So get down here, right now! You've got a WWF Woman's Tournament match! Against, Chaznoria!"

[*In lockeroom*]

Tomax" You heard the man."

Xamot" You've got 5 minutes to prepare."

Tomax" Good luck."

Tomax & Xamot" YOU'LL NEED IT! "

[*They both laugh*]

This whole segment was fine for the Crismons, but really hurt Liz & Tunney. It's interesting how Tunney, as interim President, is still rather insignificant. I guess that's his gimmick. 58%

Miss Elizabeth lost overness from this segment. Jack Tunney lost overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

Masanabanwenchaznoria (Chaznoria) d. Miss Elizabeth

Elizabeth came out in a jump suit, and looked like she was going for a run on the treadmill. Chaznoria, another very skinny woman -- in shape -- in her mid 30's wore regular white woman's wrestling tights -- she, however, wrestled barefoot, cover her feet only with tap. She also had tape rapped around her fists, as well. She wrestled a very unothordox style, pushing this Martial Art of Muay Thai. Definately an Inoki idea, here. Elizabeth looked to be completely out of her league. McMahon commented that Elizabeth isn't really a wrestler. While this was a horrible segment for Elizabeth, it does draw a line between the women wrestlers of the past, and the current wrestlers, who have a greater amount of wrestling skill. Chaznoria kept striking Liz with chest kicks and chops, but Liz sold them horribly -- many times even falling before the strikes. Finals of the match came when Chaznoria came off the second rope with the Masanaban Tommahawk Chop on Liz for the win, at 6:52. Chaznoria got a nice reaction with Kaizhen. They had some good shots of fans, concerned for Elizabeth's saftey, following her loss.

Overall: 42

Crowd: 51

Match: 23

Masanabanwenchaznoria gained overness from this match. Miss Elizabeth basically no-sold everything, which ruined the match. Miss Elizabeth is losing overness because of her weak gimmick.

-ADVERTS-

- Good Ol' Terry Saves the Blue-Chipper -

Flex Kavanna d. Tatsumi Fujinami w/ Jim Cornette

McMahon pushed Kavanna hard, once again, citing him as being a third generation athlete. He talked about Rocky Johnson, and actually gave a mention to the VZF, Johnson's Canadian promotion. Everyone knows it's ECA, GCG, and WCW that McMahon's out to destroy. Very good match here showing that Kavanna can wrestle a good, somewhat long, wrestling match. Terry Taylor joined the broadcast booth, for a little while, getting Kavanna over even more -- by praising his family line. At 8:33, Kamala came wandering out, once again during a Kavanna match. When McMahon acknowledged this, Taylor said something like, "Not this time,", then darted into the isleway, fighting off Kamala. While this was going on, Kavanna nailed Fujinami with the Kavanna Krush for the victory.

Overall: 78

Crowd: 68

Match: 89

Flex Kavanna gained overness from this match.

- Katy Jayne pays for her remarks -

As Kavanna, Taylor, and Kamala worked their way to the back, Fujinami, Cornette, & Inoki, were joined by the rest of PRIDE. Cornette took the microphone, crying foul, as always;

Cornette" Now, earlier on, when this show started, Bull Nakano destroyed Noji Akuto, advancing in the Woman's Tournament! Then...a certain WWF official made this comment...let's take a look!"

Titan Tron

WWF Matchmaker/writer Katey Jane Myers said to Gerry Brisco -- "Think we gotta do a gender check on her...Gerry?" [*They both laugh*]

Perspectives: Barry Horowitz

Friday, March 20th, 1998: 13:35

Setting: WWF Offices - New York Location

It was one of those moments when you're glad to be apart of something -- but from the outside. Barry Horowitz, Ray Traylor, aka Big Bossman, Steve Lombardi, some of the WWF veterans were eavesdropping outside of an office, where Vince McMahon was rumoured to be giving a lashing to head writers JJ Dillon, and Vince Russo.

McMahon

"....We're loosing in the ratings war to WCW each and every week, and you're telling me that 'everything's ok?'"

Dillon

" We've got better wrestlers, Vince. Tenzan, Akiyama, Hart--"

At this point, Vince violently knocked down all of the papers off of a nearby table.

Russo

" What the--"

McMahon

" We may have better wrestlers, we're still seen as #2! "

Dillon

" Give us time, boss. I think things are going great. We've built up the womens division, to some form of interest. Our tag team division is as better than ever. We've got a strong main event for Wrestlemania"

Russo

" Waltman vs. Tenzan is going to be huge."

McMahon

" Can you name 5 people that find Shawn Waltman interesting?"

Dillon

" Well, uh--"

McMahon

" I won't deny you this. It's a great match. But, c'mon. Look at least year's wrestlemania Main Event."

Vince cooled off...and now started to gaze into the cieling, slipping into announcer mode, as if he were on camera.

McMahon

" Bret Hart! Dark Patriot! Doug Gilbert! The Triple Threat! Who is the Dark Patriot? Will he wrestle at the same time as Doug Gilbert!? AND...it's for the WWF Title! Ya see that? That's interesting. Let's face it. The Wrestlemania before that..."

Russo

" We get the point."

McMahon didn't like that too much.

Dillon

" What Russo's trying to say, is that we fully understand--"

Russo

" NO! I mean, 'We get the point'. "

McMahon

" Well then act like it, DAMMIT! I don't wanna get these scripts, and see Lanny Poffo wrestling the Memphis Knight in the Main Event, anymore! I want to see the guys that we pay the big bux to, in those spots! Sting! Everytime he's on the show, Antonio (Inoki) and I has to change it make it..you know...SIGNIFIGANT!"

Russo

" So what the hell do you want us to do, Vince? It's not our fault that you let go of alot of the guys that we built up!"

That comment worried Dillon. But McMahon was as calm as ever. Perhaps even too calm, suggesting a hint of sarcasm.

McMahon

" Oh? Is that so? Ok..so Tenzan, Waltman, Hayabusa, Akiyama -- who you named -- Al Snow, Don Frye, Space Croppers, their all nobodies!? They can't be 'built up'? Last time I checked, guys like Al Snow got some of the biggest pops each night!"

Dillon

" Now, wait a minute, Vince -- you're not being fair! C'mon. Look at what we've done already with Phil LaFon, for example. 3 weeks ago, no one cared about him. Now he and Poffo get heavy heat from fans. C'mon. Tenzan. He's been the Champion since November. When Cornette told you about the PRIDE plan, you laughed in his face. Now look at PRIDE. It's one of the most successful angles/groups in the history of the company! The Memphis Knight. Another angle, that became quite successful out of no where! And---"

McMahon

" Well. Thank you for doing your job."

There was a short awkward silence. McMahon had a point. That is their job.

McMahon

" Tommorow's our big MSG RAW show. I want to see a script that required some thought. I want to see the push to Wrestlemania really begin. I want to see -- "

At that point, Barry Horowitz sneeze was heard from right outside the door. All three men looked suspeciously to the door. Of course, if you're Horowitz -- you have to enter the room; or he would be suspected of eavsdropping. So, Horowitz knocked on the door, as if he "planned" on coming in.

Dillon

" Uh.."

Russo

" Yes?"

McMahon seemed to be the only person happy to see Horowitz. Horowitz has been a long-term loyal employee of the company -- and achieved popular status with the fans over the last three years.

McMahon

""

Dillon

" Barry! How are ya! What's up."

Horowitz had to improvise.

Horowitz

" Well...I just wanted to talk about...uh...RAW...this week. Have you been noticing?"

Blank pause.

Russo

" Noticing, what, Barry?"

Horowitz

" The pops I've been getting....uh..Hey, remember that time when I saved Sting in that cage match. I blew the roof off!"

At that point, Mcmahon's assistant, ran into the room.

Sophie

" Hi...Mr. McMahon? Mary Lou Meyers is here."

Russo

" Katey Jane's (Writer) sister?"

McMahon

" Yes."

Dillon

" Isn't she a writer for WCW?"

McMahon (Grinning)

" Not anymore."

Dillon

"..."

Russo

"..."

McMahon

" Tell her, I'll be right there, Sophie. [*To Russo & Dillon*] I think we need some fresh blood on the writing team. She'll be assisting with RAW this week. It'll be kinda of a try out, for her."

Dillon

" Oh...[*Composes himself*] Well, send her my regards! It's great to have her apart of the team."

Russo

" I think this stinks. First Katey's sister? Who's next? Your daughter?"

McMahon

" Watch it. You're already on thin ice, pal."

Russo

" For what!?"

McMahon

" For your attitude!"

Dillon

" Russo, please. Let's start thinking about RAW, MSG."

McMahon

" I gotta go guys. Later Barry. Oh...and hey...remember what I said. Let's start using our money players. This is a ratings war, and I'm tired of being the turtle!"

*Vince Leaves*

After Vince left, Russo, Dillon, and Horowitz looked at each other with concerned looks on their faces. Russo, more annoyed than concerned.

Horowitz

" Uh..Well -- I have an idea?"

Russo

" Oh this'll be good."

Dillon

" Now, stop it Russo. This is what's getting you into trouble, in the first place. Go ahead, Barry. What's your idea?"

WWF Tag Team C1 CLASH

March 19rd, 1998 (Date Corrected - Thursday)

Venue: The Supatorium, Cleveland - Ohio

Referee Team: Bill Alfonso, Mike Chioda, Shane McMahon, Earl Hebner, Charles Robinson, Jim Mollineaux, John Finnegan

By

Dave Schmeltzer

PHAT TV OPENING

[*]Ric Flair vs. The Sandman

[*]The Return Of Chris Jericho, w/ Lance Storm:

The Thrillseekers vs. The Warriors Of Doom w/ Paul Ellering (C1 CLASH)

[*]FACE2FACE - Joey Styles w/ Owen Hart

The Ebony Experience (Booker T & Stevie Ray) w/ Lady Jaqueline d. The Pitbulls (Pitbull's #1 & #2) C1 CLASH

PHAT TV opened up with McMahon & Paulie Dangerously going nuts about Barry Freakin' Horowitz becoming Triple Crown Champion, this past week at MSG RAW. They almost ignored this match, as much as The Pitbulls have been being ignored, since their signing with the WWF, about 6 months ago. The Ebony Experience, who were without D'lo -- now a referee -- won with the double flapjack, or the Harlem Holdup, at 7:13, of a moderately rushed -- yet physical -- match. Sean Mooney entered the ring, after their victory.

Overall: 65

Crowd: 52

Match: 79

- 'The Winner' Barry Horowitz -

Mooney, after recapping the events of Monday RAW, introduced the new WWF Triple Crown Champion, Barry Horowitz. Horowitz came out to a strong pop, and wore, The GWF World Title, on his left shoulder --, The old WWF World Title, on his right --, and the Unified Championship Belt, around his waist -- yes, he is the Triple Crown Champion. Before Mooney got a chance to say anything, Horowitz said to the fans,

"Finally! After all these years! I am really -- A Winner!"

This popped the crowd, and lead to a lenghtly 'Barry' chant. After stalling with the chant, Horowitz got really emotional, in responce to Mooney's questioning. Horowitz said that he's always felt as if he had the ability to be "A winner...a champion", but was hardly taken seriously. Mooney talked about Horowitz, possibly, going into the Main Event at Wrestlemania '98. Horowitz said that he was pumped, and looked forward to defending the Triple Crown,

"...for all of the fans, who always believed in, [*shouting*] THE WINNER! BARRY!! FREAKIN' HOROWITZ!!"

I wonder if this is a long term thing. Some of those, outside the company, frown upon Horowitz holding the Triple Crown, and see this as the WWF merely rewarding Horowitz for his long-term loyalty to the WWF. Here's a guy who was a jobber for the early part of his WWF career, only to recieve a significant push over just the last 2 years. Others see this as new writer, Mary Sue Meyer's early influence. There is no doubt that Horowitz is somewhat underated. We'll see where this all leads. Dangerously mentioned that Horowitz, now an enemy of PRIDE, is going to have to watch his back very carefully now -- Dangerously added that he spoke from experience. 79%

-ADVERTS-

Doug Furnas d. Butch Reed

Filler match of the night, here. McMahon & Dangerously spent most of the match talking about how much support, "The Winner" Barry Horowitz, has acquired from the fans. Furnas won with a running powerslam at 7:44. The two tried hard, but the fans now have a legit hatred for Reed. Not because of his heel heat -- but because he moves so damned slow.

Overall: 63

Crowd: 58

Match: 68

-ADVERTS-

- The reunited Thrillseekers -

The Thrillseekers (Lance Storm & Chris Jericho) d. The Warriors Of Doom - C1 CLASH

McMahon & Dangerously pushed Jericho, hard, as a future great in the WWF. They painted his injury, last year, as a 'frightening career threatening injury', that was quelled by the WWF Medical Team, the "best in professional wrestling", of course. There were a few, 'Warrior' & 'Hogan' chants, as usual. Fans are starting to get more and more into the W.O.D -- The Warrior, in particular. Finals of the match came at 9:11, when Hogan was caught with 'The Thrillseeker Missle'. Jericho held Hogan into the Liontamer, as Storm came crashing down on the back of Hogan's neck, with a legdrop. Warrior ran in for the save, but was seconds too late.

After the match, Carl P. Oulette, who was at ringside, gave a big 'welcome back' to Jericho, getting over the Thrillseekers team.

"People like, Steve Corino, soon won't be able to a torch to these thrillseekers, right here! McMahon made a comment, about how Corino couldn't be happy with that. Looks like, they're folowing suit with last week, and they're actually starting to use the top guys, who's been used lesser than they had been prior to Shangril-a. Dangerously said that a match between Oulette & Corino would be 'Too close to call'.

Overall: 72

Crowd: 66

Match: 78

-ADVERTS-

- Inoki Calls Out Memphis Knight -

Coming out of the break, McMahon and Dangerously immediately talked, again, about Horowitz's big RAW win. At that point, Road Agent Antonio Inoki emerged from the curtain, with Hayabusa & Jun Akiyama to some healthy booes. Paulie Dangerously identified Inoki, as "One of the WWF Officials, who have taken special interest in the true identity of the Memphis Knight -- especially after what transpired on RAW". Inoki grabbed the mic, and quickly started shouting...

Inoki

" Memphisuuuuu Knight!!! The WWF Championship belt is defended with

HONOUR! The GWF Heavyweight Championship belt is defended with PRESTIGE! And the Unified Championship belt is defended with DIGNITY! You know what that is, Mr. Knighto!? P--R--I--D--E! YOU Have no qualities of PRIDE! Not like, greatest championshu ever...HIRO TENZAN! SO NOW, Memphis Knightshu! You come an interfere in business of PRIDE...in business of Triple Crown Championshipshu...in business of HIRO TENZAN! So now...you face ME! And now, you come out here...and you come and show your face! So that the whole world---"

Inoki's broken up English tirade was cut short by the ring music of The Memphis Knight. Crowd popped hard for the man that cost Tenzan the WWF Triple Crown Title. I noticed McMahon making alot of referances to each belt...that makes up the Triple Crown.I think that's because some new, or casual fans didn't realise that the title was actually unified at Shangril-a, and wasn't just an overnight creation. It's a good thing that their doing this, too. The other night, at a house show, I heard someone say--regarding Tenzan, "Why is he carrying 3 belts?" Anyway, The Knight said that he was in the WWF for one reason -- and that was for Johnny Ace. He then added,

Knight" And until I get my hands on Mr. Personality himself [Johnny Ace], I'm gonna make life for PRIDE, as difficult as I...uh...Royally can!"

At that point, Memphis Knight, once again, sounded and moved like Jerry Lawler, turned to leave the ring, but had his shoulder grabbed by, Inoki. The Knight quickly turned around, squaring off with Inoki, causing him to back off. Without warning, Hayabusa dropkicked the Knight in the knee-caps, knocking him off of his feet. The Memphis Knight began to fight back, but Akiyama chimed in, hurting his odds. As the stomping ensued, a 'Waltman' chant began to form, for the man who's made it a habit of saving Memphis Knight from trouble -- but not this time. After a few minutes of the stomping, Inoki urged Akiyama to nail the Knight with the exploder. Surprisingly, Akiyama was able to get The Knight over his shoulder, landing the move twice. The fans reacted big to that. Inoki, then instructed Hayabusa to nail The Knight with the stardust flip -- and that he did. This got another big reaction from fans. Officials hit the ring -- Pat Patterson, Gerry Brisco, and Ole Anderson led the cause to get Inoki and his buddies, to the back. Akiyama & Hayabusa tried to rip off the mask, but were restrained by the run-in officials. There's talk of having Akiyama drop the ECW title, by vacating it, so that he can 'concentrate' on the C1 CLASH. 77%

Lady SPEED vs. The Female Amazon

Well, Lady SPEED true to her name, was basically jumping all over the place. Watching her get thrown around by Rusha, at the Battle Royal a few weeks ago, made it to ESPN Sporstcentre this past week. Of course, they didn't actually talk about it -- instead the brief 5 second piece was shown as part of some kind of 'goofy' sports montage bit. Anyway, Lady Speed won over the Female Amazon after a frog splash at 6:22, of a pretty solid match.

Overall: 53

Crowd: 43

Match: 61

Lady SPEED debuted her new gimmick, it got a positive response. The Female Amazon debuted her new gimmick, it got a positive response.

-ADVERTS-

- The Snowman and The Homicidal One -

Al Snow d. Mike Barton

Sabu joined Snow at ringside -- his partner for the Tag Team C1 CLASH. ECW Champion, Jun Akiyama, who got more heat than usual, thanks to his exploder on the Knight, earlier on -- had a few tease spots with Sabu on the outside. Very strong PHAT TV match -- finals of the match came when Barton was setting up for one of those Dr. Death backdrops -- but Snow countered, backflipped, and landed on his feet. He then quickly nailed Barton with a backdrop of his own. Barton, slowly staggered up to his feet and charged Snow -- Snow quickly reacted with a kick to the gut, followed by 'The Snow Plow. Sabu stared off Akiyama, as the ref made the count at 11:01.

Overall: 77

Crowd: 78

Match: 77

- Styles Gets Involved in the Canadian Horseman Challenge -

After Mooney bored the general audience with house show adverts, Joey Styles was in the ring, absorbing his usual 'Oh My Gawd' chants. Styles quickly introduced Intercontinental Champion Owen Hart, who, I guess, replaced Tenzan for Face2Face, who wasn't in the building, tonight. Styles asked Owen about these 'Canadian Horseman' comments that's been made by Lanny Poffo & Phil LaFon, over the last couple of weeks -- deeming LaFon as the 'real' Canadian Horseman. Of course this promoted Poffo & LaFon to come out. Poffo, made a challenge, on behalf of LaFon, to Owen;

Poffo" How about...the Canadian Horseman Submission Challenge!? [*Mcmahon: "What's that?"*] We will see, here, which wrestler can withstand the other wrestler's submission hold, for the longest!"

First, Owen declined the challenge, smelling something 'fishy'. But, after much stalling, and persuading by Poffo, Owen accepted. Of course, Owen wanted to go first, but LaFon insisted. So, in pure heel fashion, LaFon locked on the STF, but wouldn't let go after 30 seconds, when Owen began to tap, signalling for LaFon to release the hold. Poffo started to laugh, in pure heel fashion, as LaFon continued to apply pressure to the hold. Styles kept yelling at Poffo to make LaFon break the hold, but Poffo kept turning his back on Styles. Styles began looking to the curtains for help...but no one came out. The whole idea, and link of the Four Horsemen has, now, pretty much, decipated. Finally, Styles, as if someone took over his body, jerked Poffo around, and started screaming at him to release LaFon. Dangeroulsy had a funny line here, citing Styles' intensity, when announcing;

Dangerously" I can't tell, if he's upset...or if he's just announcing!"

Poffo turned his back to Styles again; Styles jerked him back around again, but this time gave a pretty weak looking punch to Poffo, which Poffo sold big. The fans popped for it, anyway. This caused LaFon to break the hold, and step up to Styles. Styles stood his ground for a few moments before backing off in between the ropes, and eventually out of the ring. Styles was quickly covered by officials, as the crowd went nuts, while LaFon attended to a very angry, Poffo. 68%

Owen Hart lost overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

The Big Bossman d. Curt Hennig

They are explaining Bossman getting a title shot, next week on TNT, due to him being a 'veteran' of the WWF. I guess it's that, or this is 'reward verterans week'. Pretty strong match here, as WWF fans are always up for veterans who aren't over the hill wrestle. Ohh the many times I couldn't believe that they were still pushing The Rock (Don Muraco), at the age of 51. Anyway, a pretty good match here, which saw Bossman commence with a 5 minute comeback surge, at 8:11, just when it looked like he would be loosing the match. Bossman, 'made history' (if you ask Vince) by blocking Hennig's Perfect-plex -- he followed up with a few uppercuts, following up with a bear hug spot, that the fans actually got into. At the 5 count, instead of release the hold, Bossman hoisted Perfect up, into a firm bear-hug grip, and rammed him hard into the turnbuckle corner. He, then, followed up with the Bossman Slam, holding up his opponent, Hennig, for longer than usual. Good finish, to a good all around match-up. I really don't see Bossman winning the title though. I mean, if Horowitz IS indeed a transitional champion, I doubt that a transition to the Big Bossman would be wise. Bossman, after his victory, made the ol' gesture around the waist. After the match, they replayed Doink's return.

Overall: 82

Crowd: 83

Match: 80

-ADVERTS-

- The Crimson's Read A Fan Letter -

In, an effort to both, continue this rivarly between the Crimsons and the Shootfighters, and to boost sales for WWF Magazine, The Crimson Twins, joined by Bill Alfonso came out with an issue of WWF Magazine. Alfonso, who was hopping around and blowing his whistle as usual, had both Tomax's & Xamot's microphoneS in his pocket. Tomax, as usually was great here -- there were times when he improvised, nicely followed up by Xamot, whom Paulie Dangerously mockingly calls 'Teh Monster', due to that scar on his face;

Tomax" Ahem...Dear Editor...I'm writing, as a fan of both WWF Superstars'...."

Xamot"...Donald Frye...and Jim Powers..."

Tomax" Donald? [*They both laugh*]"

Xamot" I've been a fan of UFC, Ultimate Fighting Competition for over 4 years..."

Tomax"...and, from this competition...I've come to become..."

Xamot"...a strong supporter of, both Jim Powers, & Donald Frye."

Tomax[*slowly*]" I don't think that, 'come to become' is..."

Tomax & Xamot" GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT!"

Tomax" Anyway...."

Tomax & Xamot" AS WE WERE SAYING..."

Tomax" How dissappointed I am to see that now..."

Xamot" My heroes...Donald Frye & Jim Powers have been reduced..."

Tomax" to fighting two British Bafoons who pass a microphone back...."

Xamot"...and forth between each other..."

Tomax" just to complete..."

Xamot" A SENTENCE!"

At that point, The Crimson Twins, looked at each of their mics. Tomax's labeled "Tomax", and Xamot's labeled "Xamot" -- where the WWF Logo is, and laughed.

Tomax[*Looking around and pointing to fans*]" This just goes to prove our point..."

Xamot[*Also, pointing*]" WWF Fans have the intelligence level..."

Tomax" Of a broken broomstick... "

Tomax & Xamot" FROM K-MART!"[*Crowd booes*]

{Clear shot at ECA. Kmart is one of their sponsors}

Tomax" And the same can be said for..."

Xamot"...these bunch of 'shooter fighters'..."

Tomax" Don Frye!"

Xamot" Jim Powers!"

Tomax" Next Tuesday! We're going to show..."

Xamot" EACH OF YOU!"

Tomax" Why we are your WWF..."

Xamot" ...Tag Team Champions..."

Tomax"...AMONG CHAMPIONS!"[*Crowd booes*]

With that, the Crimsons exited the ring, with Alfonso hopping around, with both tag titles around his shoulders. It'll be interesting to see the Crimsons in singles competition, on Tuesday. 73%

- Sweet Bruti Tries Trims The Nature Boy -

Ric Flair d. The Sandman w/ Woman

Not too great of a match, but the crowd heat was there. Match started off with Sandman refusing to give his cane to Woman, on the outisde. Brutus Beefcake was also at ringside, by his 'main man', 'Sandy'. Well, he didn't really call Sandman that -- but imagine if he did? Sweet Bruti had a black bag with him. Dangerously made a joke about that bag being a "hair-cut kit". That was the first referance to the 'Barber' side of Beefcake, in a while. Anyway, both men got pretty physical, while on the outside, which included both men taking rail shots. Finals of the match came at 9:33, when Flair locked in the figured four. After about 2 minutes of teasing, Sandman finally submitted.

After the bell, Woman began to flirt, with Flair. As she was doing this, Sandman slowly recovered and went to hit Flair from behind with the singapore cane. But Flair, instinctively turned around, and decked the Sandman. Beefcake, also ran into the ring, bag in hand, but was floored as well. Of course, here, McMahon talked about how that 'bag' of money will be hung high in the air, during Flair & Beefcake's upcoming 'money on a pole' match, at TNT. Beefcake & Sandman high-tailed it to the back, as Flair went inside Beefcake's bag that he left behind. Flair was pleased to find Beefcake's giant sheers, that he once carried to the ring every week. The announcers, specifically McMahon, was 'shocked' to find out Bruti's intentions with those sheers - to cut Flair's hair. PHAT TV went off the air, with Flair shaking his hair all over the place, and strutting to the cheers of the crowd;

"Woooooooo!!!"

Overall: 79

Crowd: 84

Card Quality: 73

Commentary Aftermath

McMahon" The hair...of Flair...almost a victim! Almost a victim, to Sweet Bruti!"

Dangerously" Well, come this Tuesday Night, Vince -- that hair could be gone, and Bruti could be $100,000 richer!"

McMahon" What a night it's gonna be! The Crimson Challenge! The Intercontinental Title--on the line! The Memphis Knight finally gets an opportunity to go after, Johnny Ace! He teams up with Royal Rumble winner, Shawn Waltman, against Johnny Ace & Hiroyoshi Tenzan! And of course..the newwwww Triple Crown Champion, 'The Winner', Barry Horowitz, defends against, a well known WWF superstar, The Big Bossman!"

Dangerously" Barry 'Freakin' Horowitz, is more like it! Barry freakin' Horowitz!? The WWF Triple Crown Champion!? OH MY GAWD!"

Dangerously" For Paulie Dangerousy, I'm Vince McMahon, see you at T.N.T!"

TUESDAYNIGHTTITANS

Venue: The Yulcanicite Caam Centre, Massapaqua, Mississippi

Attendance: 14,612

Live On USA; 800pm - 10:30pm

Hosts: Joey Styles & Jesse 'The Body' Ventura

--by

Dave Schmeltzer

Tuesday Night Titans, on March 22nd, was the first live weekday televised event, since 92's Tuesday In Texas (Tuesday In Texas was a Pay Per View event). Joey Styles & Jesse The Body Ventura opened up the show, after a video montage of the current recapping current feuds. While they hyped the show, Jim Powers & Xamot made their way to the ring for the opening match.

- Senior Official Bill Alfonso Shows His Authority -

20:00 (8PM)

1. [70]Xamot defeated Jim Powers[50] w/ Paul Ellering[75] in 8:55.

Referee: Bill Alfonso

The Crimson Challenge

Xamot, especially with that scar on his face, has quite the superstar look. But besides his incredible size, the 23 year old has minimal charisma, and doesn't do very much in the ring. He does make use of great ring psycology, which makes up for where his workrate lacks. The match was stalled a bit, as senior official Bill Alfonso ordered referee Shane McMahon out of the ring, and announced that he was to be the official for this match. Styles noted Alfonso's clear allegiance with The Crimsons. Xamot, who came out in his blue/red uniform wrestling suit, with silver boots, started off with a simple rake to the eyes. He then went right to blatantly strangling Powers; while that was going on, Bill Alfonso ignored the choke by yelling at Ellering, who was minding his business, on the outside. Ventura made a referance to Tomax not being out here, due to him taking a shower -- which seems to always be the case, when they're not together. When the action got back in the ring, they did a few spots, where Powers got Xamot in several legitimate submission holds, but Alfonso kept making the 5 count, and forcing Powers to release the holds. Xamot excaped to the outside and grabbed his WWF Tag Team Title, to assault Powers with. He went onto the apron -- Ellering tried to pull the belt out of Xamot's hand, but got clobbered in the face with the belt, by "The scarred face monster", as Styles called him. He went to hit Powers, but got dropkicked twice, dropping the belt out of his hands. Alfonso picked up the belt, and simply hit Powers in the back of the head with it, knocking him out cold. Xamot, then got up, picked up the belt, and began beating Powers, wrecklessly, with the belt. Xamot, then pointed to his scar, and frowned into the camera -- pretty much posing -- while kicking Powers onto his back, and pinning him, with just one foot. 'Xamot Sux' chants started up a bit, after he was announced as the winner. Styles whined one for a while about how he'd "...like to wring Bill Alfonso's neck..."

Overall: 59

Crowd: 61

Match: 56

-ADVERTS-

20:14

2. Sabu[95] & Al Snow[82] defeated Mr. Everything Andrew Martin[85] w/ Francine[45] & Simond Diamond[70] in 14:36

Referee: Tim White

Tag Team C1 CLASH

Crowd popped huge for Sabu & Al Snow -- moreso Sabu, than Snow. Mr. Everything continues to get strong heat from fans, but Simon Diamond, this week, just cracked the top ten in most merchandise sold, right behind Curt Hennig's Still Perfect clothing. (The [former] Four Horsemen take up the top 4 spots in Merchandise sold. The Memphis Knight is right behind them, at #5).Diamond was wearing the new "Simon Didn't Say!" T-shirt under his cape. The fact that Martin & Diamond both wear capes make them a good pairing for this tournament. Really strong tag match here, in the round 1 that had footprints of Inoki booking, all over it. At 7:33, Sabu nailed Diamond, with a moonsault that came out of no where. That resulted in a near fall, that had the crowd buzzing for the rest of the match. The crowd was really getting on the referee, because he wouldn't let Sabu use a chair in his offense. Snow, tagged in, and had a few near falls on Diamond, until Francine's distraction to Snow, allowed Diamond to tag out to Mr. Everything. Everyting attacked Snow from behind, and kept shouting, "I am everything, and you are nothing!", while on the attack. Crowd started to get on Martin, while he was posing. Ventura, began endorsing Martin big time,

"Look at that Body, Styles! You know, that Martin reminds me of a young, tough, Jesse 'The Body' Ventura! But don't get no' ideas, Styles! I still got the guns, and I'll knock you silly!"

Styles ignored him, and nearly had an annerism, after a near fall on Snow, by Martin. As the 'Let It Snow' chants started, Snow finall made a hot tag to Sabu at 11:22, into the match. Sabu pummelled Martin, then, the interferring Diamond, sending them both outside the ring. Sabu, as always -- sent the crowd into a frenzy, after nailing both Diamond & Martin with a summersault flip, from the top rope, onto the arena floor. This led to a lengthly, and hefty, 'Sabu' chant, that Ventura attested to never witnessing, before. When they got back in the ring, Sabu tossed a chair in the ring. Martin went for the chair, but Snow attacked him, knocking him away. While White attempted to get the two illegal men out of the ring, no longer paying attention to Sabu and his attempted chair usage; Sabu, to the delight of the fans -- at 14:33, into the match -- used the chair for the Triple Jump Moonsault, onto Diamond, for the cover, and the victory. Sabu & Al Snow, advance into the next round of the Tag Team C1 CLIMAX. As they celebrated, they showed a brief clip of Jun Akiyama & Hayabusa, another team in the tournament, looking on at a team that they could possibly end up facing, soon.

Crowd: 79

Match: 80

-ADVERTS-

20:36

3. Kamala[67] defeated Flex Kavanna[63] in 9:52

Referee: Shane McMahon

They showed all of the attacks on Kavanna, by Kamala, over the last several weeks. The crowd was actually into this match. Kamala's been around forever, and Kavanna's been getting more over as the months progress. They did alot of comedy stuff, where Kavanna acted freaked out at some of Kamala's actions -- like, the screaming, continously slapping his stomach, and running aimlessly around the ring. At 3:22, during one of these spots, Kamala ended the tirade by running straight into an attampted Kavanna Krush/Rock Bottom -- but he elbowed Kavanna, breaking the hold, and getting the upperhand in the match. Kamala went with few falling elbows, and legdrops, yeilding a few two counts. Kavanna started a comeback at 6:44, but had it abrutply stopped when Kamala caught him with a throat thrust, whilst coming off of the ropes. Kamala followed up with a couple of suplexes on Kavanna, followed by a bodyslam. After a near fall, Kavanna, had another wind of energy, at 8:54, eventually knocking Kamala onto his back. Kavanna, then went to the tope rope, but was so excited by the cheers of the fans, that he waisted time, by playing to them, big time. Kamala quickly charged the turnbuckle, causing Kavanna to crotch himself. After yanking Kavanna off of the turnbuckle, Kamala followed up with a the big splash, from the second rope, for the victory. The referee called in for 'backup' in ensuring that Kamala returned to the back, without any further attack on Kavanna.

Overall: 65

Crowd: 70

Match: 55

-ADVERTS-

- Once Again, The Crimson Switch -

20:53

4. Tomax[68] w/ Bill Alfonso [83] defeated Don Frye[71] w/ Clyde Vasseur[49] in 8:54

Referee: Jim Mollineaux

Crimson Challenge #2

Well, it looks like the WWF made both Frye & Powers put over the Crimson, due to Powers' off colour comments about Hiroyoshi Tenzan on the Dave Letterman Show. This match, was alot better than the first match. They used the ol' Crimson switch spots a few times, where Alfonso distracted the ref, allowing for Xamot to switch places with Tomax. Styles sold the idea that the referee couldn't tell the two twins apart. This basic two on one went on for a quite some itme...Frye had a few nice amateur wresting spots with Tomax -- Both times, Frye got the better of the contest, but that's when they did the Crimson Switch spot. Finals of the match came at 7:33, when Tomax was a victim of the ankle lock. Alfonso got on the apron, once again -- but instead of allowing him to distract the referee, for the switch -- Frye released the hold, and clobbered Alfonso off of the apron. While Frye & the ref were preoccupied with Alfonso, Xamot ran in the ring, threw the impaired Tomax out, and played the part of his brother. As Frye began to re-focus his attention back to, who he thought was an immobile Tomax, Xamot suprised him with the small cradle rollup for the quick victory. Styles kept yelling, here;

"That's not Tomax! That's not Tomax! That's XAAAMOOOTTT!!!

Ventura had a witty line, mocking Styles for his recent actions putting himself in harms way;

"Why don't you go in the ring, and tell the referee that, yourself, Styles? I've seen you do it before!"

Overall: 67

Crowd: 65

Match: 69

-ADVERTS-

- James E. Cornette pushes the Japanese Assassin as the Next I-C Champion -

21:14

5. Owen Hart[84] defeated Phil LaFon[70] w/ Lanny Poffo[74], retaining the WWF Intercontinental Championship, in 13:54

Referee: Joey Marella

WWF Intercontinental Championship Match

James E. Cornette came out during this match, joining Styles and Ventura, after they showed the clip from RAW, when Poffo beat Cornette to challenging Owen Hart on behalf of Barton. Remember when Cornette used to do RAW with Styles, during his injury time from mid '96-mid 97? It was right before the reformation of PRIDE. This time, Cornette came to the broadcast booth, with Hayabusa. During the strong match, Cornette refered to Hayabuasa as not only, The Japanese Assassin, but also, as 'The Hart Killer', citing Bret Hart's departure as a referance. LaFon and Hart had a very well worked match, which saw LaFon work on Owen's back, setting up his move, the STF -- and Owen work on LaFon's legs, setting up the sharpshooter. At 8:13, the two had a counter, reverse, and coutner spot, each successfully teasing German-suplex spots. Finally, LaFon caught Owen with a behind the back Low-blow kick, and followed through with his own German suplex, scoring a near fall, on Owen. Styles let out one of his 'Oh my gawd's', when he saw the impact that that Owen went down with.

Finals of the match came, at 13:22, when LaFon went for a double underhook suplex. Owen broke out of the hold, and scooped LaFon's feet from underneath him. He quickly applied the Sharpshooter. LaFon teased making it to the ropes for quite some time, before finally submitting to Hart. Poffo was livid, on the outside.

For some odd reason, Ray Rougeau came out, after the match, and lent a hand to Poffo, in helping LaFon to the back. Styles, mentioned that while it is rather uncanny to see Rougeau with Poffo -- he has always been long term friends, with LaFon.

Overall: 80

Crowd: 82

Match: 76

-ADVERTS-

- Flair 'Owes one' To Sting -

21:33

6. Ric Flair[93] defeated Brutus Beefcake[94] w/ Percy Pringle III [83], in 10:22 with $100,000 on the line

Referee: Earl Hebner

Ladder to Riches Match

They waited until after the entrances, to lower the bag of money in the ring. When Hebner was on the ladder, adjusting the belt, Ventura had a funny line, suggesting what could happen if Hebner were to fall off of the ladder;

"Hey Styles! If Hebner falls off of that ladder, I think he'd better grab onto the money as he's going down. He's gotta pay for them hospital bills!"

The match started off really slow, with both men playing to the crowd quite often. At 2:30, the two had a strut-off, where both men did their patented struts around the ring. As expected, everyone went nuts for Flair, and nearly booed Beefcake out of the building. It's really nice to see Beefcake generate so much emotion out of the fans. Too bad Beefcake celebrated his 41st birthday loosing out on $100,000. The ladder came into play, for the first time, at 7:33, with Pringle passing the ladder in the ring to Beefcake. The two didn't get too physical with the ladder, as the emphasis of the match was placed on simply getting the money, than the usage of the ladder as a weapon. At 10:01, Beefcake gave the sign for the sleeper, which got the crowd 'woo'ing', insanley. Flair, however reversed the Irish Whip, and caught Beefcake, with a sleepr of his own. After the sleeper, Flair went to climb the ladder, and grabbed the bag of money, winning the match.

After the match, as Flair was celebrating on the ladder, Pringle came in the ring, and shoved the ladder -- sending Flair tumbling down onto the ropes. Pringle woke up Beefcake who, quickly applied his Sleeper onto Flair, putting him out cold. Pringle then waived toward the curtain, calling out The Sandman, cigar in mouth who came out with Beefcake's bag with the giant shears. Beefcake began to cut the hair of Flair, but, luckilly, Sting hit the ring, saving his long-time friend, and wrestling partner. After the save, Flair hurridly left the ring, waiving off Sting, saying, "I'm going alone, now! I don't need your help!" Sting, began yelling, "You owe me one, Flair!", as Flair continued on into the back. Sting went after Flair, be-fuddled, as they went into an advert break. Ventura, was on Flair's side, and re-interated that Flair announced that he was no longer leading the Horsemen a few weeks ago, on WWF programming. So, in turn, Sting should not have come out during Flair's 'business'.

Crowd: 92

Match: 51

-ADVERTS-

- The Eye Of The Tiger, Steve Corino -

21:33

6. Steve Corino[99] defeated The Sandman[77] w/ Woman[70], in 12:16

Referee: John Finnegan

Coming out of the break, The Sandman, was still in the ring, smoking a cigar, standing beside Woman. I'm hearing that they've changed to having Sandman smoking a cigar from a ciggarrette, because they didn't want to support ciggarrette smoking. Ok. Now, what about the beer? Anyway, when "Eye Of The Tiger" played, the crowd went absolutley ballistic, for Corino. This shows that Corino's better off, on his own, than in the Four Horsemen. Corino was joined with Jack Victory, who got a polite applause. Very physical match, here. Sandman got the upperhand a few times, but Corino kept finding ways to regain the advantage, continously fustrating the Sandman. They had a spot where Sandman actually picked up one whole side of the railing, and threw it into the ring, at Corino. Seeing security rush over to that portion of the crowd, to ensure that no fans jumped into the ring, was quite a sight. Sandman went to charge Corino with the railing, but the referee blocked the way, yelling for Sandman to put the railing down. Woman, on the outside, was screaming for Finnegan to get out of the way. Finally, with no concern, Sandman charged at Finnegan. Finnegan jumped out of the way--Corino saw Sandman coming in, and also dodged out of the ring, causing Sandman to go crashing into the turnbuckle, bouncing off of the railing. Corino, then gave Sandman, his swinging neckbreaker, for the cover, and the victory at 12:16. Crowd started a 'Corino' chant, as "Eye Of the Tiger" played on the house system. Styles pushed Corino hard, as "one of the most credible athethes in the World Wrestling Federation". Styles said that Corino's unique and effective style is very similiar to that of, Carl P. Oulette.

Overall: 84

Crowd: 86

Match: 81

-ADVERTS-

- Police Brutality 101 -

21:52

7. Barry Horowitz[91] defeated The Big Bossman[87] retaining the WWF Triple Crown Title, in 8:33

Referee: Fuji-san

WWF Triple Crown Title

After showing how Barry Horowitz won the WWF Triple Crown Title, Styles got over Horowitz by saying that this was "A new Horowitz...a different Horowitz, then that of the past". Horowitz looked a little bit more bulked up, but was quickly at the mercy of The Big Bossman. At 5:45, the Bossman went for his nightstick -- but new WWF referee, Fuji-san grabbed the nightstick, and wouldn't let him use it. Bossman wrestled the nightstick out of the refs hand, knocking him to the mat. He then began to attack Horowitz with the nightstick, mostly in the ribs. Ventura complimented Bossman's 'form' with the nightstick, resulting in Styles calling Ventura, "sickening"....

Final Call; By Joey Styles & Jesse 'The Body' Ventura

Styles"...and now, the Bossman is just relentless with that nightstick! The referee is down!"

Ventura" That new referee had better realise that ya don't get in the face of The Big Bossman!"

[*Big Bossman does the Bossman slam*]

Styles" And there it is! The Bossman Slam! The Bossman Slam on Horowitz! The referee...now...slowly getting to his feet...1...2...and...[*ref calls for the bell*] that's it! THAT'S IT! THE BIG BOSSMAN IS THE NEWWW WWF TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPION!"

Ventura" I don't believe it, Styles! The Law and order of the WWF, is now the Triple Crown Title holder! And..now..the official word, from Joe Pedicino!"

Big Bossman taunted the crowd by twirling his nightstick around, in celebration. Bossman grabbed all three belts, and held them up to an hostile crowd, until Pedicino made the following announcement....

Pedicino:" Your winner...as a result of a disqualification...and STILLLLLLLLLLLLLL, WWF Triple Crown Champion...[*Crowd cheers*]..BARRY HOROWITZ!! "

Ventura" What!"

Styles" Horowitz wins! Horowitz wins! Oh My gawD!"

Ventura" Now, wait a minute, Styles! I wanna know what the Big Bossman was disqualified for!"

Styles" Oh c'mon Jesse! He knocked the referee down with the nightstick! He used the nightstick on Horowitz! You just don't do that, and expect to get away with it!"

The referee snatched the titles away from Bossman, and gave them back to Horowitz, who did quite a bit of celebrating. Bossman argued with the ref all the way to the back.

Ventura" Bossman might as well give up! I don't think the referee even understands what the Bossman is saying!"

Overall: 75

Match: 60

-ADVERTS-

- Waltman desserts the Knight -

21:13

8. Hiroyoshi Tenzan[100] & Johnny Ace[88] defeated Shawn Waltman[96] & The Memphis Knight[91] in 16:17

Referee: Dave Hebner

The WWF went with the risk of a Tag Team match for it's Main Event -- but it delivered. They spent forever going over the history between these four men. They showed,

1) Johnny Ace's very first encounter with Jerry Lawler

2) Ace's constant mocking of Lawler, provoking him, leading to his suspension.

3) The debut of The Memphis Knight

4) The Memphis Knight's attack on Johnny Ace & Pride

5) Waltman's numerous saves of the Knight

6) The Memphis Knight causing Tenzan the WWF Triple Crown, to Horowitz

After the montage, they cut to a sign that read, "Now that's how you build a feud", which I thought was quite funny -- most likely feeding the ego of the writers & and of course, Vince McMahon. The Memphis Knight, who wore Lawler's blue ring attire, from the neck down, of course, started out urging either Ace or Tenzan to enter the ring to face him. Ace, let Tenzan start the match, who was angry at Lawler, for causing him the WWF Title. Waltman, was wearing jeans, glasses, and a leather jacket. Styles made a note of this being 'unlike' The Lighting Kid. The two locked up, & The Knight got the upper hand, early in the match. The Knight landed those roundhouses, and threw Tenzan against the ropes, but Tenzan reversed, going for a somoan drop. However, The Knight dropped down to one knee, and caught the crouching Tenzan, with an uppercut, sending him reeling. The crowd really got behind The Knight, here, as he threw Tenzan into each turnbuckle, following up with a clothesline. Knight teased the piledriver, but Tenzan got out of it, and tagged out to Ace. Knight wanted to get his hands on Ace, but Waltman wanted to tag in big time. The Knight, after much deliberance and thought, decided against tagging Waltman -- he wanted to get his hands on Ace. The crowd went crazy for the two going at it. Either that's Lawler, or they have someone that looks and wrestles exactly like him. Ace went over to tag Tenzan. Waltman wanted in, once again, but Tenzan wanted to get his hands, on the Knight once again. So the Knight, once again, after much deliberance and delay, stayed in the ring, giving the fans what they want. Fatigue started to settle into the Knight, during around the 8th minute of the match. At 8:33, Tenzan caught the Knight with the T.T.D., inverted piledriver, for a near fall. Tenzan, then went over to tag, Johnny Ace;

Final Call; By Joey Styles & Jesse 'The Body' Ventura

Styles" There's the tag to Johnny Ace! And now, Memphis Knight is about to make the tag to Shawn Waltman! He needs this! He's been in there forever--"

Ventura" Wait a second! Waltman just jumped down off of the apron!"

[*Waltman begins to backpeddle up the ramp*]

Styles[*Screeching*]" Where is Waltman going!? Where is Waltman going!? This match isn't over!?"

Ventura" Don't you see it, Styles!? Waltman is giving The Memphis Knight exactly what he wanted! He wants to wrestle this match, alone! Waltman spent this whole month, protecting the Knight, out of his kindess!"

Styles" NO! NO! This isn't fair! Now, how the--how is the Memphis Knight going to fair against, the former champion and Johnny Ace, alone!?"

Waltman walked out to a shower of booes, and even had some debris tossed at him, from the fans. Knight battled both men by himself, for a few mintues, into and a bit after an advert break. At 12:33, Johnny Ace nailed Memphis Knight with an Ace Crusher off of the top rope. He, then tagged out to Tenzan, who went to work on the Knight, before nailing him with his patented top rope falling headbutt. Tenzan made Memphis Knight submit to an elevated Boston Crab, after about 45 seconds of unsuccessfully attempting to get to the ropes. At the official word, James Cornette ran into the ring, and raised the hands of both Johnny Ace & Hiro Tenzan. They did the split screen deal, to end TNT. On the left side of the screen they showed Waltman throwing his bags into his car, and leaving the arena, unconcerned with the plight of the Memphis Knight.

Overall: 85

Crowd: 90

Match: 75

Johnny Ace gained overness from this feud ending. Shawn Waltman gained overness from this feud ending. The Memphis Knight gained overness from this feud ending.

Commentary Aftermath

Styles" I don't believe it! Can you believe that ingrate! Waltman, desserting the Memphis Knight!"

Ventura" Styles, I think that the ingrate, here, is Lawler--I mean the Knight!! I mean, you saw the highlights! The Memphis Knight has saved Lawler time and time again, from the hands of PRIDE! And this is how, Lawler--i mean, the Knight-- repays him? By not tagging him in when he asks to be tagged?! Good for that Knight!"

Styles" Well, that's certianly an interesting point of view from Jesse Ventura -- join us next week, it's the first RAW of April!"

Ventura" We're getting closer to the biggest even of the year, Styles -- and on Monday, Interim President Jack Tunney is going to announce the Main Event of Wrestlemania '98!"

Styles" Plus, he's also going to make an annoucement on the future of the WWF Presidency!"

Ventura" It's gonna be big, Styles!"

Styles" Thank you for joining us folks, for this very special television event, Tuesday Night Titans! See you next week!"

Card Quality: 70

WWF PHAT TV

April 9rd, 1998

Venue: The Yodle Complex

By

Dave Schmeltzer

PHAT TV on 4/9 opened up with this week's final RAW moments...

- PRIDE Go For The Mask  -

Coming out of the break, Bischoff said that he was expecting to wrap up the show, but something has just developed in the ring. Inoki had the mic, and was with Hiroyoshi Tenzan & James Cornette, cornering The Knight (and Horowitz) urging for Memphis Knight to remove the mask, and prove he's not, Lawler. As the argument continued, Bischoff kept telling viewers that they were running out of time, and would 'keep the cameras rolling', if they had to go off the air. The truth was, that the Snow-Hayabusa match went a little long, and they didn't make up the time, elsewhere. Horowitz stood by The Knight standing up against Inoki, Tenzan and Cornette. After a few moments, Jun Akiyama, ECW Title in hand, came down the isle, adding more intimidation to Knight & Horowitz. Moments later, Johnny Ace & Mike Barton, joined the fray, drawing a big reaction from the crowd. Finally, Hayabusa joined the PRIDE regime, in the ring. Tenzan, held everyone off, and yelled at Knight to take off his mask. When Knight refused, Tenzan went nuts, screaming in Japanese--apparently by his gestures--about how Knight caused him the belts that Horowitz was wearing. Then, Ace, took the mic,

"Lawler! I said it before, from the very beginning, and I'll say it again! I know it's you, underneath that mask! And tonight! We're gonna find out!"

Cornette was the next to berate the outnumbered Lawler & Horowitz;

Cornette

" Memphis Knight, you've got a man, here, that lost the WWF Triple Crown Title, because of you! You've got another man here, that knows you're that crybaby, Jerry Lawler, underneath that mask! And you've got 3 others who'd love to join in ripping that mask off, for the honour of PRIDE, if you don't comply! So now, I'm telling you...take off your mask! Prove to the whole world that you are not, Jerry Lawler! Prove to the world that you are not violating you're suspension...AGAIN! Prove to the world that you should not be expelled from the World Wrestling Federation, forever! Prove---"86%

Commentary Aftermath

Bischoff[*w/ Cornette yelling in background*]" My! Oh My! Folks! We're outta time! Tune into PHAT TV! We will keep the cameras rolling! Oh My!"

Heenan"HE'S GONNA BE UNMASKED!! IT'S THE LAST OF THE MEMPHIS KNIGHT! IT'S THE LAST OF JERRY LAWLER!"

WWF Tag Team C1 CLASH

April 14rd, 1998

Monday Night Raw-

Channel: USA Network - Prime Time

Venue: The Zoloff Orch Centre, Minnessota - MN

Attendance: 10,014

Announcing Team: Eric Bischoff & Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan

Referee Team: Bill Alfonso, Mike Chioda, Dave Hebner, Shane McMahon, Jimmy Korderas, Joey Marella, John Finnegan, Jim Mollineaux

By

Dave Schmeltzer

- 'The Doom Rage' -

The Thrillseekers d. WWFPD II (& The Warriors Of Doom - The Renegade Warrior & Horace Hogan)

After the opening credits, RAW began, right away with WWFPD II & The Thrillseekers, already in the ring, ready to wrestle. At 2:22, of a snoozefest, since both teams are heel -- The Renegade Warrior came storming out of the back, ala Ultimate Warrior, and began to fight as if he were in the match. Horace Hogan followed, and went after Eartquake, then the Thrillseekers. Ellering, joined Bischoff and Heenan on commentary, calling this, 'A doom rage', that can now, 'no longer be supressed'.

Ellering" Bischoff..Heenan...you will see...from this day forward...at any time! Anywhere! The 'Doom Rage' will occur! And when it does...when it does...pure anarchy, rage, and DOOM, will follow for those who oppose the Warriors...The Warriors OF DOOM!"

I don't know what it is, but Ellering's outdated promo delivery still does it for me. Match came to an end, at 7:33, when WWFPD II became pre-occupied with the W.O.D., causing themselves to be DQ'ed.

Overall: 69

Crowd: 68

-ADVERTS-

- Waltman & Brian -

Coming out of the break, Joey Styles was in the ring to his usual 'Oh My Gawd' chant. He, then introducted, Curt Hennig to the ring. He started kissing up to Hennig, then asked him how he felt about his and Rougeau's chances of winning the C1 CLASH. He called them 'The Vets', which I thought was pretty funny. Hennig put he and Rougeau over as 'true Veterans of the game', but then went in a completely different direction. He said that he wasn't really out there to talk about himself...but instead, to acknowlegde

another veteran of the sport, who finally, 'made it happen'. He then, called out Barry Horowitz, WWF Triple Crown Champion. Horowitz got a really nice pop coming out, especially, for his pat on the back spot. Hennig congratulated Horowitz, which got a nice reaction, until unfamaliar rock music, began playing on the PA system. It sounded alot like 'Rage Against The Machine', though, I'm sure the WWF would never go in that direction for ring music. It then molded into the old rocker's music. After a few moments, and the nostaglia music pop, Waltman & Brian came out, and walked towards the announcer's table. Waltman was sporting a red bandana, with a leather jacket, again. This time, he added shades to his attire. Waltman, sat down at the table, put on headphones, and joined the Broadcast team, with Brian standing up behind him. The mics were juiced up for the house.

Waltman" Is this thing on? "

Bischoff" Yes...Yes it's on..Of course it's on. Um..."

Waltman" Now, what I wanna know...is why does that, old, washed up, poor escuse for Perfect -- Curt Hennig get more attention and air time, than me!? And Barry Horowitz!? With a record of one and one million!?"

[*He and Brian laugh, crowd booes*]

Bischoff" Wow...I think it's very clear to all of these people...you've...you've really changed alot."

Waltman" I am Shawn Michael Waltman! And I should be getting that air time! [*Crowd booes*] I am a former GWF Lightheavyweight Champion! I am a former WWF Intercontinental Champion! I am a King Of The Ring finalist! I--"

Horowitz" Youuuuu are a crybaby! [*Crowd laughs, pops*] Hey, listen, buddy! You'll get your shot to prove that you're that good! But guess what! I'mmm the CHAMPION!"

Horowitz went on to do an goofy looking celebritory dance, then saved himself, with the pat on the back spot. He, then challenged Waltman, and his "goofy sidekick" to tag against he and Hennig. Really good segment here...Everyone came out better, than before. 80%

-ADVERTS-

- The American Dream against the Japanese Nightmare -

Dustine Rhoades d. Rusha -- WWF Women's Tourney Semi's

Crowd was actually up for this match, here, as some importance was placed on it. At 4:22, after Tomax tripped up Rhoades, referee Joey Marella, ordered that the Crimson Twins & Alfonso leave the ring, leaving Rusha un-attended. Match wasn't all that bad, as Rusha's pretty damn built...while Rhoades is...well, fat. Finals of the match came at 7:33 -- Rusha exposed the metal, in a turnbuckle corner, and gave the overweight Rhoades a spinebuster onto the pole. Crowd actually reacted to this. After the pinfalls, Bill Alfonso, & The Crimsons, jolted in the ring, into celebration of Rusha...she will face Bull Nakano at Wrestlemania.

Overall: 51

Crowd: 53

Match: 48

-ADVERTS-

- PRIDE PROBLEMS? -

Coming out of the break, Antonio Inoki's music began to play, and out to the booes, came he & Hiroyoshi Tenzan. Tenzan, once again, got an unbelievable reaction, coming out. It's amazing to see a person like him -- facing the language barrier, in terms of promos, STILL over, without the title. Kudos to Jim Cornette for getting him over. Inoki stalled a bit, and jawwed with fans, along with Tenzan, before beginning to run down James Cornette, PRIDE manager. Inoki, went into one of his lectures, and spoke about, the 3 phases of PRIDE. The Begginning. The Best. And The Bad. Heenan, had another one of his funny comments here, to Bischoff, saying, "I've got a B-Word, I'd like to use for you, Eric."

First, Inoki spoke of 'The beginning'. Showing early footage of Bruce Pritchard with Tenzan & (now ECA wrestler) Kojima. He then, went on to the 'Best'. The long '95-96 period, where PRIDE dominated, under Cornette, with Dr. Death Steve Williams & The Dark Patriot, holding the Tag Titles for over a year. This was also when Inoki had the big feud with Jerry Lawler, leading into Wrestlemania '96, Inoki's retirement match. He, then went on to recap how PRIDE'S presence slipped in late '96 to early '97 when Cornette got injured (legit, by Tony Halme, who had classic run-ins with PRIDE during '97). That's when Dibiase returned, at Wrestlemania and basically 'put PRIDE back together, with the help of the returning Cornette....

Inoki"...but THIS Cornette, was much much different from the Cornette of the past! This Cornette makes unwise decisions! He bring out the BAD, in PRIDE! We loose tag team titles, last year! We loose GWF Title! We loose TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPIONSHIP!! So now...CORNETTE, you have ONE MORE NIGHT! ONE MORE CHANCE! To turn it all around! My man...Hiroyoshi Tenzan is noooo happy without title! [Tenzan grunts in background] If you don't shape up...WE SHIP YOU OUT!"

Bischoff & Heenan sold the 'shock' well. Cornette, who built PRIDE up, over the last several years, was now in trouble with the true leader of PRIDE, Antonio Inoki. 86%

Kamala d. Terry Taylor

As the crowd & and the announcers buzzed on about Inoki's comments just a bit earlier, Kamala & Taylor had a less than impressive 7 minute match, in the ring. Kamala is now accompanied by Katchezen(sp), the mysterious manager of Muay Thai master, Masanabanwenschaznoria, who's injured, and from what I understand, was going to win the WWF Women's Title. Kamala won when Taylor missed his patented top rope knee drop -- Kamala quickly nailed Taylor with a big splash off the ropes, for the victory. Crowd actually gave Kamala a heel pop, I guess due to his acts of random attacks over the last several months.

Overall: 60

Crowd: 69

Match: 41

Kamala gained overness from this match.

-ADVERTS-

Damien Demento & Crush d. Jim Powers & Don Frye

I thought Demento & Crush were out of this thing, already? Even with Inoki, Dillon, Tatsumi, Ace, and all of those guys who helped run the tournaments in Japan, the WWF still can't do a tournament right. Anyway, Bischoff pushed that the winner of this match would have to face the veteran tag team, of Ray Rougeau & Mr. Perfect in Tag Team C1 Clash Semi's. Demento and the 1998 Kiss look-a-like, won when Crush gave Powers the cranium crusher. Man, they are still burying the Shooterz.

Overall: 73

Crowd: 71

Match: 75

-ADVERTS-

- The Dibiase/Knight Feud Erupts -

The Memphis Knight d. 'Dr. Doom' Mike Barton

They gave Barton a new Dr. Death-Esque video package, which shows him nailing everyone with that sometimes, nasty looking, back drop. They also have a nice montage of Barton getting that left hook. Announcers pushed that the pressure had to be on Cornette, tonight, to get victories -- or it could mean the last night for him, as PRIDE manager. Very strong match here, as the crowd was solidly hot, and behind the Memphis Knight, who everyone is sure of, is Lawler. Well, it's not like he does anything different. Finals of the match came at 8:33, Knight ducked out of the way of a lariat, and followed up by crotching Barton on the ropes. He, then caught him with his piledriver, for the cover and the victory.

After the bell, Ted Dibiase, sporting a juiced up Million Dollar Outfit hit the ring, and heavily began pounding on the Knight from behind. With Barton, clutching his head from the piledriver, Dibiase & Knight had very nice slugfest, that the crowd went nuts for. This, was the first time, in months, that Dibiase brawled with anyone that wasn't an official. I'm curious to see how Dibiase fairs in the ring. Officials hit the ring to break it up within 90 seconds. Knight had to re-adjust his mask, as part of it had been pulled, just below his nose, revealing his scruffy chin. Great close ups of Cornette, sweating, worried on the outside with Barton, as they went to break.

Crowd: 83

Match: 73

-ADVERTS-

- TAG TEAM C1 CLASH QUARTERS: WINNER FACES THE THRILLSEEKERS IN SEMIS -

Sabu & Al Snow d. Hayabusa & Jun Akiyama

It's matches like these, that have made the WWF known for their workers' incredible workrate and skill. Great match here, which was marred only by going on a big too long, at 23:55. Sabu & Akiyama had a great series of spots, at 8:33, which saw Akiyama catch Sabu with an exploder, but Sabu propelled himself up, with the move, flipping over, landing on his feet. He swung at Akiyama, but Akiyama ducked, locking on a dragon (suplex) hold -- but Sabu blocked the attempt. Akiyama then pushed Sabu forward into the ropes, allowing him to make the blind tag. Unknowing of the tag, Akiyama propelled himself in the opposite direction, against the ropes, going for a flying forearm, but Snow suprised him with a chair to the head. John Finnegan, the 'Extreme' referee of the WWF, waived off the DQ. Cornette was furious. He hopped on the turnbuckle, inadvertently distracting the referee, as Sabu & Snow did a double team martial arts deal on Akiyama, then onto Hayabusa who ran in to help his partner. The 'Let It Snow' and 'Sabu' chants were running rampant, at this point. Dangerously was going bonkers on the outside as well. Finnegan lost control of the rest of the match, as both teams ended up fighting on the outside, and up the isle a bit. At 15:22, Hayabusa evened up the odds, by utilizing Cornette's tennis raquette on Sabu, but Snow blocked the shot to him, and used it on Hayabusa, then Akiyama, then Cornette -- which got a nice pop. Once back in the ring, after 3 unsuccessful attempts, Snow nailed Hayabusa with the snow plow, followed up by a leg drop, w/ a chair, by Sabu off of the top rope. Finnegan made the cover, giving the victory to Snow & Sabu. Once again, here, Cornette looked as if he'd just been shot -- or as Bischoff said, "I haven't seen that look on anyone's face, unless they were fired from their job!" -- of course, hinting, that this could be Cornette's last night, as PRIDE manager. The 'Let It Snow' & 'Sabu' chants, took the show into the break.

Overall: 84

Crowd: 80

Match: 89

Al Snow gained overness from this feud ending. Jun Akiyama gained overness from this feud ending. Hayabusa gained overness from this feud ending.

-ADVERTS-

- TEAM X-STREME -

Coming out of the break, Paulie Dangerously stood in the ring, proud, as the crowd continued with their chants, of one of the TAG TEAM C1 favourites. Sean Mooney, who I guess, had nothing else better to do, came out to talk to Dangerously and company.

Mooney" Wow, listen to this crowd! [*Let it Snow/Sabu!!*] We've seen it all today, Paulie--chairs, flying, snow plows, moonsaults---"

Dangerously" And that's not all you're going to see, Mooney!!! You see, when you talk about brutality! When you talk about preserverance! When you talk about will! When you talk about PRIDE! When you talk about, the will to do whatever it takes to win...no matter how EXXTREEEEMEEE, it could be...you're talking about Al Snow! This former Tag Team Champion is more than just a former 'secret agent'. He is a student of the martial arts, which could rival the skills of, say--yes Hayabusa! Or Akiyama! He is a former tag team champion...and he LIKES THE SNOW!!!! [*Let it Snow chants start up again. Paulie had to pause*] And this man...a former Intercontinental Champion. This man represents all that is violent! All that is Extrreeeeemeee! THIS! IS! THE HOMICIDAL! THE GENOCIDAL! THE SUICIDAL! THIS IS SABU!!!!! And together...Mooney, I give you the winners the C1 TAG TOURNAMENT! Next week! Monday Night RAW! We will run over the Thrillseekers! And we will go on to Wrestlemania...and when it's all said and done, Mooney!! When it's all said and done, Thrillseekers! When it's all said and done, Verterans, or those freaks, Demento & Crush -- you will here these words..."

Snow[*Grabs the microphone..pauses for the 'Let it Snow' chants to supress*]" You're winners, and C1 CLASH TOURNAMENT WINNERS!!!! TEAAAAAAMMMM EXXXTREEEEEMMMEEEEEE!!! YEA!!"

Snow threw down the microphone, and hit fists with Sabu to signify their committment to winning this tournament. Very good segment, with alot of energy. Definatley a huge step up for Al Snow, as well. 96%

Paulie Dangerously gained overness from this segment. Al Snow gained overness from this segment.

- The Japanese Assassin Releases His Anger -

As the crowd went nuts, Bischoff threw it to Vince McMahon, who was in the back with Hayabusa, but instead, McMahon was standing up near a fallen Cornette...

McMahon" Well..I..uh..I was here, just moments ago, with Jim Cornette & Hayabusa..but just moments ago...Hayabusa...struck Cornette, without warning..in the face, and---"

Cornette[*From the floor*] " What the hell do you mean, 'without warning!?' When the hell does someone ever warn someone when they're about to strike them in the head! Huh?"

Johnny Ace, & Mike Barton quickly hit the scene, demanding to know what happened, and why their manager was hurt. Once they found it to be Hayabusa, they then went on a search for him, with McMahon with the mic & camera, along with a disheveled Cornette, following close behind. They bumped into I-C Champion Owen Hart, who had his bags, and was on his way out of the building. Once Owen told them that he hadn't seen Hayabusa, the camera followed Owen to the outside, and disregarded McMahon, Cornette, Ace, & Barton as they continued to look through the building -- I guess no one warned McMahon that his camera man went the other way. Just as Owen opened the door, he was struck with a chair shot, from Hayabusa leaping off of the top of a car straigh at Owen. This, looked to be, almost the same type of attack that Hayabusa performed on Owen's brother, in October of last year. As Hayabusa put the boots to Owen, Bischoff kept yelling,

"He's right there! In the parking lot! Someone! Help Owen! Help him! He's being mauled by the Japanese Assassin!--"

Hayabusa went on the hood of the car, teasing a stardust flip, but officials quickly hit the area, preventing further attack. Besides, A 450 splash from the top of a car to concrete would hurt the jumper, more than the guy laying on the floor. Bischoff mentioned that Hayabusa must be especially dissapointed with the C1 CLASH loss, and took his anger out on Cornette, his manager, & Owen -- the first person he saw, and has a bit of history with. 76%

-ADVERTS-

Waltman & Brian d. Barry Horowitz & Curt Hennig

It's hard to believe that their hasn't been serious backlash to Horowitz being Triple Crown Champion -- then again, the WWF has been building him up a bit for the last 8 years, pulling him out of jobber-ville. Brian was in there for a few moments, and got absolutely destroyed by both Horowitz & Hennig. Waltman did the old 'I'm leaving' heel spot, before being dragged back to the ring, by Horowitz. Finals of the match, came quickly, at 8:44, when Waltman caught Horowitz with a spinning heel kick, knocking him down into near the ropes. He made a quick suprise cover, and got the quick suprise victory, due to Brian, stealthly holding down the Triple Crown Champion's legs, from the outside. Hennig & Horowitz had their 'We've been robbed' faces on, as RAW came to a close.

Crowd: 78

Curt Hennig was sluggish and didn't put much effort in.

Commentary Aftermath

Bischoff" Oh my! Waltman steals the victory!! Could we see that at Wrestlemania, Brain?! Could we see Waltman pin Horowitz AND Tenzan, in the centre of the ring!? Could we see Waltman as the next WWF Triple Crown Champion!?"

Heenan" Well, ya know...now Waltman has this Brian fellow by his side! And just like he did tonight, he could be all the difference at Wrestlemania '98!"

Bischoff" Well, join us next week, where we will have Al Snow & Sabu -- Team Extreme vs. The Thrillseekers in a TAG TEAM C1 CLASH Semi final! But we've got a semi final match coming up on PHAT TV! It's Damien Demento & Crush, against The Veterans -- Curt Hennig & Ray Rougeau!"

Heenan" I've got my ticket! I'll see you there, humaniods!"

Bischoff" So long, wrestling fans!"

Card Quality: 73%

PHAT TV Preview!

[*]Carl Oulette & Phil LaFon vs. Steve Corino & Sting

The Contract Signing for Wrestlemania 98's WWF Woman's Title Match w/

Bull Nakano & Rusha!

[*]Damien Demento & Crush vs. The Vets (Ray Rougeau & Curt Hennig) (Tag Team C1 CLASH SEMIS)

[*]Joey Styles' Face2Face: Interview with (Former?) PRIDE Manager; Jim Cornette!

AND MUCH MUCH MORE!

[*]BROTHER LOVE MOMENT

Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima d. The Nasty Boys

Brother Love[ returned with Hiroyoshi Tenzan, this time with New Japan partner Satoshi Kojima. They ended the match with a 'Kojima Cutter', by Kojima, followed by a Tenzan Moonsault.

WWF PHAT TV

April 16rd, 1998

Venue: The LeSalle Centre - PA

Announcing Team: Vince McMahon & Bruce Pritchard

By

Dave Schmeltzer

Mary Sue Meyers, the newest addition to the WWF writing team, is already making a difference in the television product. And, on Feb 14th, (aired Feb 16th), PHAT TV got it's highest rating yet, complete with a 75% (overall) approval rating -- another high point for the company. In once again, encorporating the stress on ring work & ability, Mary Sue has brought a 'fresher' tone to the storylines, something that gave her great acclaim in WCW.

Now, with the news, that Bill Watts owned promotion, Empire Coast Academy will be holding their biggest event of the year, 'Mortal Kombat' on the same day, head to head, with Wrestlemania, it seems as if the WWF have lowered the PPV buying price at Wrestlemania, to $19.95 -- down from last years $24.95. With them, being the smaller promotion, charging $14.99 for 'Mortal Combat', on April 26th, they (ECA) have nothing to loose.

PHAT TV opened up with Vince McMahon w/o a broadcast partner -- suddenly to be joined by Bruce Pritchard. Pritchard's become more active backstage than he is on the air. Once the centre point of attention, during the Cartel (on air stable) years, from 1993-1996, Pritchard, over the last year, has only managed Lee The Underaker, and, for a lesser time, Brian Christopher.

McMahon" Bruce Pritchard!? What are you doing here?! "

Pritchard" McMahon!!! I've had enough! I've seen what they've done to Cornette! They've strapped him, and left him dry! And, from what I understand, Cornette is up on Face2Face, tonight, right!?"

McMahon" Yessss.."

Pritchard" Well, I want a front row seat for this one! So if you don't mind...McMahon, the greatest mind in the WWF is your partner for, tonight!"

McMahon" Well..err..ok...I suppose. Also, tonight, the card has been altered just a bit, as please note, all cards are subject to change...but for the better, Pritchard. It's a 'World Cup Survivor Match!' The WWF Triple Crownd Champion, Barry Horowitz, teams with WWF Intercontinental Champion Owen Hart, The Memphis Knight, & Curt Hennig! They go against, Hiroyoshi Tenzan - a man who you're familiar with, Carl Oulette, Hayabusa, perhaps THE most unpopular man in the WWF, the arrogant, rude, Brutus Beefcake! "

Pritchard" Whether he's arrogant or rude, is your opinion, McMahon! But, ALSO, tonight, I have BIG news! A BIG NAME is going to be making his return to the WWF, right here, next week on WRESTLEMANIA PHAT TV!!" and

[*'Oh My Gawd' chants start*]

McMahon" Joey Styles is in the ring! Tonight, we kick it off, with Face2Face!"

- Cornette blasts the WWF -

Joey Styles was in the ring, and replayed the RAW highlights, where Antonio Inoki yelled at Cornette, then later, Cornette, being floored by Hayabusa. Cornette came out, accompanied by a short black man, identified as 'Clerance Mason', his Lawyler. 'Clerance Mason', was last seen on rival promotion's ECA's Combat Zone, which airs from 1am-230am, Monday Night's on TNT, (ECA who's gotten their national acclaim, of course, thanks to WCW being on the same network. Mason's last appearance there, was, as a heel lawler attempting to buy Tatanka's Native American land.) Anyway, Cornette didn't waist any time. Styles instantly acknowledged Mason's ECA gimmick. As did much of the crowd, by their booes, & 'Mason Sux' chants.

Styles" Wait..I..I..know...you! Yea! You're that guy! That Lawyer guy!!"

James E. Cornette

" Styles keep your panties on, cos' I got something to say! Yea, this is my Lawyer. Mr Clerance Mason. Some of you might know him from other wrestling shows, some of you may not! But the bottom line is this! I'm sick of the treatment that I get around here! I spend years, hand picking the greatest men to form the most powerful regime in the WWF! PRIDE! Never before, was there a force like it! The Hart Foundation, The Canadian Foundation, or whatever you wanna call that overated crew! They never dominated like us! We were always in the company of Gold! The GWF Title, the Lightheavyweight Title, the WWF Triple Crown, The Intercontinental Title...hell...I managed Dr. Death & That Patriot Guy to hold the Titles for more than a year! Who's done that?! P.H.A.T!? HAHAHAHA! Don't make me laugh! Not even Hogan's stable the Immortals, triple the size of PRIDE, could hold a candle to us! But guess what?! One little thing goes wrong...and I get the boot! I get the goodbye! No thank you! No nothing! Well, guess what! I don't wanna be part of an organisation that treats it's managers like [*BLEEEEEEP*]! "

The crowd was really attentive at this point, as Mason went into his briefcase, and handed several papers over to Cornette.

Cornette" In my hand I hold my WWF Contract! In this hand, yea...just like Waltman did a few weeks ago on RAW -- I hold an ECA contract! Except...I'm going to sign it...RIGHT HERE, ON WWF RAW!!!

[*McMahon: 'What the!'*]"

At that point, Cornette, ripped apart what appeared to be the WWF contract. Mason, then, handed a pen over to Cornette, and Cornette hastingly signed the ECA contract, as Styles went nuts.

Cornette" Settle down, Styles, and let me make everything really clear for you...so that maybe even these Philadelphian degenerates can understand what I'm saying. [*Crowd booes*] Effect, April 26th, 1998, James Cornette is E! C! A! That's right! I'm jumping ship! Being burned once, IS ENOUGH! Oh, and hey, Styles! Don't you got a boxing match that day, or something!? Ha! Let's go, Mace!"

[*McMahon: "Mace!?"*]

The crowd didn't quite know how to react, but THAT reaction was good. Some booed, others cheered, while most hissed at the mere acknowledgement of ECA. ECA have earned the reputation of aquiring their National status due to sharing the same network as WCW, along with the use of a few stars who've had success in the WWF, (Dark Patriot, Marty Jannetty, Violent J, Agent Steve Blackman, Bam Bam Bigelow, Tony Halme, etc.). Though the WWF openly said the initials 'E.C.A', they never actually said 'Empire Coast Academy'. Most likely, to avoid lawsuit. Cornette stormed out with Styles looking neverously over to McMahon. If this is a work, then they sold it well. If it's a shoot, then it looked just as edgy and awkward as what a suprise shoot should yield. After another long pause of Styles just standing there, Hunter McMahon Helmsely came to the ring, cueing Styles to exit. Now, suddenly, that April 26th Wrestlemania date, could also be the same day as Cornette's ECA debut. 85%

Q. d. Hunter McMahon Helmsely

Q Kanyon had a pretty strong bout with Helmsely, but the crowd was still buzzing about the Cornette deal, with his Lawyer. Kayon won cleanly in 9:11. Pritchard used this match as an opportunity to hype up his 'big announcement'.

Overall: 61

Crowd: 46

Match: 76

Hunter McMahon Helmsley lost overness from this match. Christopher Q. Kanyon gained overness from this match.

----

Bruce Pritchard made his big announcement, saying that he was going on an artic skiing expedition that could take him years to complete. But, he said that he had a going away present for the WWF.

Pritchard"...McMahon! I am pleased to announce! That, making his return to the WWF...next week..I've got a BIG NAME TO RETURN TO THE WWF!!!! BROTHER LOVE!!!!"

McMahon" What!? "

Pritchard" YES!"

---

- Flair + Waltman -

Flair's music played shortly after Pritchard's 'big' announcement, and he came out with a plethora of ladies, this time. Flair did his strut, and all and ended it all by saying, "Those are the moves, that I taught ya, Sting! Woooooo!!!!", which got some real heel heat. Flair said that he wanted some of Sting, tonight, so that he can anticipate how 'easy' Sting would be to beat in a steel cage. Didn't know that tag matches were an accurate indicator, Flair....Anyway, at that point, the Rockers' music began to play, and out came Waltman & Brian. Flair was suprised, but had the heelish grin on his face. Waltman said that it was an honour to be in the ring with the Nature Boy, and did his own little strutt. He added that Brian can do a strut, as well; Brian proceeded with some wierd dance. Waltman said that he wanted to prepare for his WWF Triple Crown match, with the best, against the best.

Waltman" So, how about it, Flair? You and me, against Sting, and whoever else he picks. And trust me, I'll take care of them. I am the next WWF Triple Crown Champion! [*Crowd booes*] And it's time that I start showing others, just THAT! "

Flair[*slowly getting excited*]" Kid! Waltman! Wooo! You've got yourself a deal! What better way to learn the ropes, than learn from a wheel deelin', kiss steelin', jet flyin', limousine ridin', WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...son-of-a-gun, like me, wooo -- the Nature Boy! Wooooo!! Woooo!!! Woooo!! "

Flair and Waltman Woo'd all the way to the back. As they went to break, Brian was jawwing back and forth with a fan, at ringside.

-ADVERTS-

The Brooklyn BadBoyz (Taz & Kama) d. Simon Diamond & Mr. Everything w/ Francine

Pretty good match here, but McMahon sounded like an idiot, calling Taz's suplexes. "There it is!" and "Up he goes!", along with "For the ride!", just aren't adequate substitues for move names. Kama won after the ref called the bell, following his onslaught of pummell putches on Diamond. I wonder how long they're going to have Mr. Everything Andrew Martin wear those purple tights and cape?

Overall: 74

Crowd: 75

Match: 72

-ADVERTS-

[*]WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT

Wrestlemania '94/Toronto

Shawn Michaels vs. 'Diamond Studd' Scott Hall

McMahon On commentary;

"Wow...What an superstar!! What a great match, here on Wrestlemania, and we're barely halfway done!--Oh look, Shawn Michaels is going into the crowd, to greet the fans! How nice! What---What the!!!!It's the Genius!! The Genius is attacking Shawn Michaels! "

Heenan " That's not the Genius! Because the Genius is right behind him! That's someone else dressed up in 'gradutation clothes!'. Who is that? He must really hate Michaels! Look at the damage he's doing!

McMahon "Thats--Wait a minute! That's Marty Jannetty!! Marty Jannetty has returned!!! He has attacked former partner Shawn Michaels!!

Jannetty, at Lanny Poffo's instructions was giving the boots to Michaels, right there in the middle of the crowd. After the attack was all over, Genius raised the hand of...Professor Marty Jannetty!?(Run-In; Jannetty)

Professor Marty Jannetty, with the guidance of 'The Genius' Lanny Poffo, is out to get former partner Shawn Michaels

Overeall: 83

Crowd: 98

Match: 84

April 19rd, 1998

Monday Night Raw-

Channel: USA Network - Prime Time

Venue: The Michigan State Arena, Memphis TN

Attendance: 10,014

Announcing Team: Eric Bischoff & Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan

Referee Team: Bill Alfonso, Mike Chioda, Dave Hebner, Shane McMahon, Jimmy Korderas, Joey Marella, John Finnegan, Jim Mollineaux

By

Dave Schmeltzer

- The Million Dollar...Executioner? -

RAW on 4/19 began with Vince McMahon in the ring, running down the card, then giving a suprise hometown welcome to "One of the most popular men in WWF history, Jerry 'The King' Lawler!" crowd popped huge for this suprise appearance. Lawler did his spiel about not knowing who the Memphis Knight is, and said that he grew tired of 'the rumours'. Suddenly, Ted Dibiase appeared on the RAWtron, and began running down Lawler, except, speaking to him as the Memphis Knight. As Dibiase was rambling on about what he was going to do to Lawler at Wrestlemania, The Executioner emerged from underneath the ring. Bischoff starting yelling, "The Executioner! The Executioner has returned!! Look out, Lawler!" With that, Executioner struck Lawler in the back of the head, before locking him in the Million Dollar Dream--er, Cobra Clutch. McMahon screamed at Executioner to let go of the hold -- when he did, he pulled off his mask to reveal himself to be, The Million Dollar Man, Ted Dibiase. Dibiase got a really strong heel reaction, perhaps one that rivals those he would get at the peak of his career, as WWF Champion, from late '95 to early 96. As Lawler layed there, hurt, surrounded by officials, Dibiase yanked the out of McMahon's hand and yelled,

Ted Dibiase

" Lawler! I just proved that you are as dumb as every one of these fans, out here! But unlike these morons, [*Crowd booes*] I'm not fooled by your facade! I know you're the Memphis Knight! And, in just a little over a weak, I'm going to do what I should've done years ago...END YOUR CAREER...PERMANENTLY! MUAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA! MUAHAHAHAAHAHA!!! MUAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!" 87%

- The Patented Crimson Switch -

Tomax d. Johnny Ace

Following the Lawler-Dibiase deal, they replied highlights from last week, where the Crimsons ran down Ace & Barton, then eventually beat them in a tag match. Great ring pyscology here, as Tomax & Ace are two of the best, in the WWF, when it comes to developing a story in the ring. At 9:42, after a considerable amount of time of Tomax dominating, Ace started to mount a comeback, culuminating with an Ace Crusher, for the cover. But here, Rusha, who was at ringside, hopped on the apron, getting referee Joey Marella's attention. Xamot, then bolted down the isle & to the ring, and got in it with Ace. Ace began to get the better of him, but then Tomax snuck up behind Ace for a backdrop. Ace alertly blocked, reversed, and caught Tomax with another Ace Crusher. But he then turned around into a The Crimson Cranium Kick by Xamot. Xamot then tossed his twin brother out of the ring, and made the cover on Ace. Marella didn't notice the switch. There was a funny shot here, that read "Where's Tunney, When You Need Him?", as the Crimsons were celebrating.

Overall: 63

Crowd: 74

Match: 62

Tomax gained overness from this match.

-ADVERTS-

- The WRESTLEMANIA '98 Tag Team C1 CLASH FINAL:

The Thrillseekers vs. The Vets -

The Thrillseekers d. Al Snow & Sabu

After Team-Xtreme's impressive match, last week on RAW, most didn't expect them to loose this match; as a result the live crowd was moderately attentive, and only gave a suprise pop at the closing moments of the match. Very good match here; final moments came at 11:56 when Al Snow submitted to Storm's half crab. Snow, who was isolated early in this match, 'injured' his leg, and sold that during the whole match. As a result, the Thrillseekers worked on that leg, and had an 'extra' advantage, since both of their special moves put pressure on the legs. Dangerously, & Snow looked crushed. Sabu was upset at the loss.

OveralL: 67

Match: 82

-ADVERTS-

- VegaDust Greets Lanny Poffo & Phil LaFon -

Coming out of the break, Lanny Poffo was standing in the ring, with his stroll, and wrestler, Phil LaFon. Poffo said that LaFon is one of the most skilled wrestlers in the WWF, and that it was a travesty that he wasn't on the Wrestlemania '98 card. He then handed the mic to LaFon; But, as Lafon was about to speak, the lights went out. Silver began to fall from the rafters. The music played, and out came VegaDust & George Steele. Steele had, what looked to be a small silver purse with him. Ugh. VegaDust started circling around Poffo & LaFon, scoping them out -- making them both, very uncomfortable. The crowd was laughing pretty hard at this. Vega, then seductively pulled a mic out of his back pocket, and began talking to Poffo, revealing his thick Cuban accent.

VegaDust" Oh yes...Oh yesss...Mommy...looks like...we've got just what we wanted, Georgy-poo....

[*Steele: 'MINE'!*]

Looks like we've got a teacher! You've always wanted a teacher...right Georgy-poo? Tell me, LaFon...is he a good...rough..strict..TEACHER!? [*crowd laughs*]"

Poffo" I..I've seen you on RAW! You're sick! Whatever your name is!"

VegaDust" Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, me friends call me Savio...but my close friends call me...WOOOOOSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH...VegaDust!"

As soon as VegaDust clinched his teeth together, LaFon went in front of his manager for a roundhouse right, but much like last week's VegaDust segment, VegaDust blocked the first shot, and followed up with a right of his own. After a dropkick sending LaFon out of the ring, crowd popped as George Steele cornered Poffo, into the corner. Poffo tried to jump out of the ring, but Steele grabbed him and gave him a chop to the head. He followed up with his hammerlock slam, straight out of 1985, before holding Poffo's leg open for a top rope headbutt by VegaDust. After this attack, VegaDust went into the silver purse, and stuck, what seemed to be silver lips, on the cheak of Poffo. Bischoff seemed to enjoy this, the most.

Bischoff" Wow! Hahaha!! It looks like Poffo got a silver kiss! Haha!!" 62%

Phil LaFon lost overness from this segment. (Savio) VegaDust gained overness from this segment.

- A Message From The Sandman -

Next, they went to a pre-recorded segment from The Sandman explaining why he would not be able to compete against Joey Styles, at Wrestlemania in a boxing match. Wearing a cast, with Woman by his side, Sandman explained that he tore his 'extrafulary bicep' in his left shoulder whilst training with Percy Pringle & Sweet Bruti. Sandman was really good in acting a bit drunk, hinting that, of course, he's lying about the bicp. After the segment, Heenan had a funny line in responce to Bischoff asking him what an extrafulary bicep was.

Heenan" Oh yea, that's right Bischoff. You wouldn't know about these things. Muscles. Biceps. You're so weak, I'm sure you have non-extra fulary biceps, instead! Ha! Ha! Ha! Get it? Bischoff?" 87%

The Sandman gained overness from this segment.

Mike Barton d. Big Bossman

Barton and Bossman went at it, in a stiffly fought match, while Bischoff & The Brain began talking about Cornette's recent comments about going to the ECA. Barton got some cheers, and won after suprising Bossman with his left hook, at 9:38.

Overall: 66

Crowd: 75

Match: 72

-ADVERTS-

- The Ugandan Jungle Trap -

Kamala & Tatsumi Fujinami d. Flexx Kavanna & Terry Taylor

The crowd popped a few times for Kavanna doing an overly animated elbow onto Kamala at 6:33. But right after the move, Kamala struck the celebrating Kavanna from behind with a heatbutt. After a few more 'lethal' chops, followed by a suplex, Kamala finished off Kavanna with a big splash from the second rope. Bischoff credited the victory to the inexperience of Kavanna. After the match, Kamala started looking underneath the ring, for what turned about to be a giant net. He wrapped it around Kavanna & Taylor, and began giving the boots to the two, as they were tied up in the net. Bischoff called it 'some sort of Ugandon Jungle Trap'. Officials hit the ring, but were afraid to directly confront the Ugandan Savage. Finally, official Louie Peterson {Sign Guy Dudly/Louie Dangerously} came out of the curtain with what seemed to be a bowl of assorted meats. He lured Kamala to his attention outside the ring. Walking up together, were Kamala screaming and eating, being lead by Louie Peterson holding the bowl of food in his hand. Peterson was identified, only once, by Bischoff. He was refered to after that point, as 'that official.'

Overall: 58

Match: 58

Terry Taylor gained overness from this feud ending. Flex Kavanna gained overness from this feud ending. Tatsumi Fujinami gained overness from this feud ending. Kamala gained overness from this feud ending.

- The Stinger Ready To Sting Flair -

They showed a clip of Steve Corino preparing for his match against Brutus Beefcake, then went to pre-recorded comments from Sting, pushing his Cage match with Flair, Wrestlemania '98. Sting actually gave a little history recap as to how he and Flair came together, fought against each other, and came back together, again. Sting said that, now, after all these years, he knows 'The Nature Boy' like the palm of his hand. He talked about knowing all of his tricks, schemes, & methods. He then began talking about all of his little Stingers, in attendance, that were going to help him win, in Houston. There were dozens of anti-Flair signs, in the crowd. 84%

-ADVERTS-

Steve Corino d. Brutus Beefcake w/ Percy Pringle III

Corino tried, but the match was horrible. Beefcake still can't do anything in the ring, but he knows how to get the fans heated. The two actually didn't lock up until, about 2:13, because Beefcake kept faking a lock-up to strutt. This started a 'Bruti Sux' chant, which lasted for the entire duration of the rest of the match. At 9:13, Beefcake locked in his sleeper, but Corino countered by dropping down to the mat. He followed up with a lariat, causing the crowd to go nuts. Definately one of the loudest within recent Raws. After a few Flair chops to Beefcake, Corino nailed Beefcake with the old school expulsion, for the victory. Bischoff pushed Corino as the possible next WWF Triple Crown champion, "if he can get by, Le Thief!"

OveralL: 71

Crowd: 90

-ADVERTS-

- WWF Triple Crown Champion Barry Horowitz: A Marked Man -

Coming out of the break, Joey Styles was in the ring, and made a few comments about the Sandman, before calling out Barry Horowitz, the WWF Triple Crown Champion. Horowitz acted as if he were suprised, as this was not a scheduled interview. Styles said that a fan video package was recieved, tributing Horowitz's career. It played to the music of Paradise Lost's 'This Cold Life', and showed clips from Horowitz's tenure in the WWF. Crowd popped big for his early 80's clips, and for the final clip of him winning the WWF Triple Crown Title. As Horowitz stood around, absorbing the applause of the fans, Antonio Inoki's voice was heard shouting, "ENOUGH!". Inoki lead Hiro Tenzan, wearing his sliver suit, to the ring, and got right in the face of Barry Horowitz. He then said, "I CHALLENGE YOU!", then quickly proceeded to taking off his suit. Horowitz stood in disbelief -- But within 10 seconds he was struck in the face by an Inoki slap. Horowitz stumbled back, and was quickly blindsided by a Tenzan lariat from the corner. Bischoff kept yelling "Ambush! Ambush! Ambush!", as both Inoki & Tenzan gave the boots to Horowitz. As this was going on, Waltman made his way down the isle, with Brian, getting some hefty booes from the crowd. Once in the ring, Waltman motioned for Inoki and Tenzan to stop the attack, then proceeded to kick Horowitz, himself along with Brian. For a short while it was a 4-1, until Curt Hennig cleared the ring, leaving he and Tenzan. 80%

Hiroyoshi Tenzan d. Curt Hennig

Crowd was really into this match, which says alot for both Tenzan, and Hennig, despite how Hennig slowly dissolved into the background. The match was also worked a bit stiffly, which helped. Tenzan won with his own fishermansuplex pin at 11:22. Match went through one commercial break. After Pedicino made the official word, Antonio Inoki grabbed the mic and yelled,

"Next WWF Triple Crown Heavyweight Chamionshipshu!

Hiroyoshi Tenzaaaaaaaaaaaaaannn!!!"

Overall :73

Crowd: 89

Commentary Aftermath

Bischoff" That man could be the next WWF Triple Crown Champion! Or, it could be Waltman! Will Horowitz be able to retain!?"

Heenan" Well, I'll tell ya this, Bischoff -- All three men look to be in the best shapes of their careers. Horowitz, the Champion. He's a long time WWF veteran. Then But this is the man I'm going with. Tenzan; Trained by the great Antonio Inoki. He beat Stan Hansen at Summerslam '97, to win the GWF Heavyweight Championship. Then, he defeated C1 CLASH winner, Steve Corino, & then-WWF World Champion Bret Hart, in a 3 way dance at Shangrila to unify the titles, and become the WWF's first Triple Crown Winner. And now, he has a chance to make history again! He has a chance to be the WWF's first two time Triple Crown Champion!"

Bischoff" But let's not forget Waltman. Went to the finals of the King Of The Ring, last year. Semis, in the C1 Clash. AND, won the GWF Lightheavyweight and WWF Intercontinental Titles, early last year. 1997 was an MVP year for Waltman, but can his new attitude get him World Title Status in '98."

Heenan" But you know who we won't be seeing at Wrestlemania! James E. Cornette!"

Bischoff" Well, yea -- Mr. Cornette has apparently left the WWF for ECA...and you know what..to that I say..good riddance! WRESTLEMANIA PHAT TV IS NEXT!!!"

Heenan" I can not wait!"

Card Quality: 73%

WRESTLEMANIA '98 PHAT TV Preview!

[*]WWF Triple Crown Title Match:

Champion Barry Horowitz vs. Waltman w/ Brian

[*]The Memphis Knight vs. The Sandman (If he's healed)

[*]]Johnny Ace vs. Jun Akiyama

[*]Sabu vs. Simon Diamond

AND MUCH MUCH MORE! IT'S WRESTLEMANIA '98 WEEKEND!!!

The World Wrestling Federation Presents....

user posted image

WRESTLEMANIA '98!

ALL. OR. NOTHING.

Live, April 26th, 1998 -

From the Houston Astrodome!

SOLD OUT!!!

WWF Three Way Triple Crown Match

Hiro Tenzan vs. Barry Horowitz (Champion) VS. Waltman

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

No Disqualification - #1 Contendership for WWF Triple Crown Championship!!

Anything goes!

Carl P. Oulette -  vs. -  Steve Corino

A Wrestler's 'PRIDE' vs. A Wrestler's Career!

Former President Ted Dibiase vs. The Memphis Knight

Steel Cage!

Ric Flair vs. Sting

WWF Intercontinental Title!

Owen Hart (Champion) vs. Hayabusa

user posted image  user posted image

A Tag-Team 'Octagon' Match - WWF TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH!

The Crimson Twins (Tomax & Xamot - Champions) vs. The Shooterz (Don Frye & Jim Powers)

Tag Team C1 CLASH Final!

The Finals of the Tag Team C1 CLASH!

The WWF Women's Tournament Finals!<br>

WWF Belt Presented by The first WWF Women's Champion

The Fabulous Moolah!

PLUS, A Boxing Match - Boxing Rules!

Special Guest Referee = MR. T!

Joey Styles vs. The Sandman

PLUS!

An Open Contract From.....

user posted image

SABU!!!

And, Featuring....

THE DRAGON!!

Plus, suprise celebrity guest appearances!!!

user posted image

WWF PHAT TV

April 22rd, 1998

Venue: Sinclair Complex, Houston - TX

Announcing Team: Sean Mooney & Tomax

By

Dave Schmeltzer

- Tomax Makes History -

WWF PHAT TV began with Sean Mooney opening the show, as he used to do on a weekly basis during the '93-95 RAW tapings. As usual, he was horrible. The crowd popped when they showed, on the RAWTron, Joey Styles, putting on his jacket heading towards the ring. He was stopped by official Mike Rotunda, & Tomax....

Styles" Hey, aren't you in the opening match, against Curt Hennig, tonight? Shouldn't you be heading towards the ring? "

Tomax" First of all, that's my brother, Xamot. If you were a proper broadcast journalist, you would know this. And, as a matter a fact, I am heading to the ring. But to do your job. That's right, Tomax Crimson co-hosts WWF Wrestlamania PHAT TELEVISION! [*Crowd booes*]!"

Rotunda went on to support Tomax's claim, saying that Tomax signed a big name to wrestle Rusha, tonight, in her preparation for the WWF Women's Title match, at Wrestlemania; so, he was rewarded. Mooney added that this was the 'big name' that Bruce Pritchard spoke of, last week, on TV. Rotunda went on to say that tonight, the WWF would be hosting it's first ever inter-gender match, when Rusha faces, 'big name' Vinnie Vegas. Crowd popped for the mention of Kevin Nash's current midcard WCW moniker of many years, in WCW. 73%

Xamot d. Curt Hennig

ALOT of stalling and playing to the crowd, during this match...particularly because Xamot can't due much without his brother. Xamot did alot of pointing and acknowledging his brother at the announcer's booth -- which got the crowd heated. Finals came at 8:11, when Xamot had the referee tied up, Rusha came off the top turnbuckle, with a forearm to the back of the head of a staggered, Curt Hennig. Xamot, pulled Hennig up by his hair, and nailed him in the face with a nasty looking enzuiguiri kick, for the cover, and the victory. After the match, Xamot was about to level Hennig with his Tag Title Belt, but was stopped by the ref & Alfonso. I guess that scar on Xamot's face means that he's the 'crazy' one.

Overall: 67

Crowd: 73

Xamot gained overness from this match.

- The Hart Ready for The Assassin -

They went to Joey Styles in the back with, Owen Hart. Owen started going on about being the greatest Intercontinental Champion in the history, of the WWF, then went on to running down his upcoming opponent, Simon Diamond. He said that people like Simon Diamond didn't belong on Wrestlemania cards. In what are the only words that I remember Tomax saying all night -- he said to Mooney, " People like Diamond? People like Diamond are called humans. What kind of uneducated Intercontinental champion representative is this man, Sean Mooney?" Funny thing is, the announcers never interupt backstage interviews with their comments. Good one Tomax. 83%

-ADVERTS-

Owen Hart d. Simon Diamond

Diamond continues to look better and better as the months pass by. He had a really good showing, here with Owen Hart, and even had a looongg Diamond Sux chant going. I'm hearing Diamond's in for monster push, post Wrestlemania. Hart won with the Sharpshooter, at 11:02.

Crowd: 79

Match: 82

- The Crimsons Toy With The Shooterz -

After a Wrestlemania PPV advert, instead of of Sean Mooney at the announcer's table, both Crimson Twins were seated at the table, with Rusha, beside them...

Tomax" Hello everyone and welcome back to..."

Tomax & Xamot" Wrestlmania CRIMSON TV! Hahaha!"

Tomax" No, Sean Mooney did not get better looking...he's in the ring ready to interview..."

Xamot" OUR WRESTLEMANIA OPPONENTS!"

Tomax" And--"

Mooney, thankfully, cut them off and introduced the Shooterz, who, of course, gave a long staredown to the Crimson Twins. Mooney attempted to keep the attention of the Shooterz away from the Crimsons. Frye talked about the last few months being tough for he and Powers...but he said alot of it had to do with the Crimson Twins. Powers started talking about winning gold for the first time in his career..then his mic went out. He began talking again...and once again, his mic went out. It started going on and off for every other word that Powers said, until finally...a spotlight showed Bill Alfonso by one of the tables playing with the house mic. The Crimsons loved it;

Tomax" Hahaha! Good ol' Fonzo!"

Xamot" I love it! Haha!"

Tomax & Xamot" Absolutely brilliant!"

Powers and Frye then quickly jumped to the outside of the ring, chasing after Fonzo, but were quickly blindsided by Rusha, with a double clothesline.. Rusha gave them both body slams outside there ring, before tossing Don Frye, back into the ring. Frye got up, and tackled Rusha down, but Rusha gave him an eye gauge, then performed pummell punches of her own, mocking Frye. This looked pretty bad for Frye. Officials finally hit the ring as they went to adverts. 50%

Don Frye lost overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

Ric Flair vs. Terry Taylor

Flair was accompanied to the ring by Ole Anderson, which got a pop, from the crowd. Alot of Taylor chants, as the match went on past the 9 minute mark. Both men began to blow up as 15 minutes approached. Mooney, for a change, did a great job of putting over the Flair-Sting feud. Probably because Tomax was too busy smoking cigars. Flair won with the figured four at 12:22, after Taylor missed his patented knee-drop off of the top rope. Taylor came very close to beating Flair on many occassions -- the crowd popped huge for each near fall, towards the later moments of the match. Flair extended his hand to Taylor, then pulled it away when Taylor went to shake. Flair strutted around the ring, before returning to the back, to a strong heel reaction.

Overall: 78

Crowd: 86

Match: 62

-ADVERTS-

- Horowitz Ready For The Challenge -

Next, Jesse Ventura hit the ring, and started doing abit of 'Wrestlemania' posing. Ventura talked about being at the very first Wrestlemania, and this being the best, ever. He then introduced WWF Triple Crown Champion, Barry Horowitz. Ventura began talking down to Horowitz, asking him, "Do you really think you have a chance this weekend, at Wrestlmania!?"

Within minutes, Waltman came out, with his buddy Brian, and began saying much of the same to Horowitz. Waltman added a new note to this match. He said, if he doesn't win the Title, he will sign the contract from ECA, that he talked about, weeks ago on RAW. Another mention to ECA. 79%

- Winnie Vegas -

Rusha d. Winnie Vegas

Instead of WCW wrestler Kevin Nash, (aka Vinnie Vegas) out came indie grappler Glen Jacobs, dressed to look just like Kevin Nash & his WCW character 'Vinnie Vegas'. Tomax said that someone must've made a typo on Mr. Vegas' name. The crowd was pretty dissapointed, but did laugh at Jacob's resemblence to the real Vinnie Vegas. He sold big time for Rusha, being pinned at 4:23, after a running fore-arm. WCW & Kevin Nash did not acknowledge this. This, being the second time the WWF ripped on WCW via impersonation. The other time, Dustine Rhoades.

Overall: 49

Crowd: 40

Match: 58

Winnie Vegas lost overness from this match. Rusha gained overness from this match. This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

-ADVERTS-

Hiroyoshi Tenzan d. Mike Barton

This match was built as 'former PRIDE members' facing each other. Kudos to the WWF writing and booking team for, pretty much, breaking up all 'stables/regimes', without making anyone look bad. PRIDE seems to be pretty much dissapated, as do the four Horsemen, and even the Horsemen IV. This was suprisingly a VERY good match -- especially surprising, since there was no hype for this match, whatsoever. Crowd went nuts at 8:33, when Barton nailed Tenzan with a lariat, as Tenzan came off the top for a double axe-handle. Tenzan sold it big time, while Barton played to the crowd. At 12:11, Barton was about to nail Tenzan with his left hook, but Tenzan ducked, and gave him a back-drop on his neck. Inoki was actually jumping up and down in celebration as Barton clutched his neck in pain. Tenzan then nailed Barton with his inverted Piledriver (T.T.D.) for the victory, at 13:01. Both men came out strong, here. Mooney pushed the possibility of Tenzan's chance of making history -- being the promotions first two-time Triple Crown Champion.

Match: 77

-ADVERTS-

- Jack Tunney, The Knight, & Money -

Coming out of the break, Sean Mooney was in the ring, which brought Xamot out to the table, with his brother once again. He complimented his brother for a little while, until they were, once again, thankfully interupted by Mooney, in the ring. Mooney introduced Jack Tunney, who's rumoured to be named the new WWF President, at Wrestlemania. According to Mooney, WWF executives were pleased with Tunney's work as interim President. Who are these WWF execs, anyway? Brisco? Patterson? Mooney sucked up to Tunney for a little while, even calling him, "a former ECA'er that's actually likeable!" Another referance to ECA. Anyway, Tunney thanked Mooney for his kind words, and said that he had 'something special', for 'someone special'. He, then called out, The Memphis Knight. Moments later, officials came down, with a trophy. Tunney awarded the Knight with a 'Great Humanatarian' award, citing the Memphis Knight's determination to fight for good, since his arrival, despite the accusations of he being Jerry Lawler.

However, Tunney pulled the award back...

Tunney" But...I cannot give you this award..until...well...you take off your mask. [{crowd begins to boo}]"

Mooney" But..he's the Memphis Knight! We've come to learn, now, that he never takes off his mask."

Tunney's voice, got heavier...but more robotic as he got louder.

Tunney" Yes...but we have to make sure that we are not giving this award to someone else."

Knight" Like who? Like Jerry Lawler? You really think I'm Jerry Lawler, don't you!?"

At this point, Ted Dibiase emerged from the curtain, and approached the ring with a mic of his own. The crowd got really hot here.

Dibiase" We all do, Lawler! And why would YOU get that award, anyway? Good humanatarian? For months you harrassed Johnny Ace! Why? For a comment he made about Jerry Lawler! You cost Hiroyoshi Tenzan the WWF Triple Crown! And NOW -- not Sunday -- but NOW...you will find out that EVERYBODY has a price for the Million...[{crowd finishes sentence}]"

At that point, Jack Tunney hit the Knight in the back with the trophy, as he was looking at Dibiase.

Tomax" I don't believe it!"

Xamot" It's a Wrestlemania..."

Tomax & Xamot" Presidential Double Cross!"

The crowd booed, as Tunney attempted to rip the mask off of the Knight. Dibiase stayed on the outside, as the Knight began to fight off Tunney. He gave him two elbows to the gut, before tossing him out of the ring, to Dibiase. Dibiase gave Tunney a few hundred dollar bills, signalling that Tunney was paid off, before retreating to the back. Tunney did a HORRIBLE job of selling Lawler's attacks -- but then again, I'm not sure I've ever seen Tunney take any bumps. And I hope I don't, anymore. 82%

Jack Tunney's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. Jack Tunney gained overness from this turn. Ted DiBiase gained overness from this segment. The Memphis Knight gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

- Brian Makes A Difference [Again] -

Waltman & Mr. Everything Andrew Martin d. Barry Horowitz & Al Snow

Mooney hyped up Wrestlmania big time, during this match -- he actually covered all bases, and did a good job of putting over Brian, as a possible factor in the match. Tomax actually, helped out for the first time all 'Knight' (Haha, get it?), putting he and his brother in the same light as Waltman in Brian. He insisted that 'outside support, inspiration and motivation' is needed and used by great wrestlers all over the world. Mooney said the first funny thing I've heard him say, all year, in responce to Tomax's comment; "Do these 'great wrestlers' also finish each other's sentences to?"

Waltman got the pinfall on Snow when Brian tripped up Snow from the outside. Snow jawwed back and forth with Brian, before turning into Waltman's new finisher, The 'W' (Factor), a front face smash to the mat. Horowitz did NOT look like a Champion here. There's a feeling that the novelty of Horowitz being champion, has worn off.

Crowd: 77

Match: 71

Commentary Aftermath

Mooney" Wow! Well what a night it was! In just a few days, all roads lead to Wrestlemania! The extravaganza! The glitz! The glamour! April 26th! 1998! That man [Waltman] could be the next WWF Triple Crown Champion!"

Tomax" Yea, we talked about how great Wrestlemania is going to be...but what everyone is talking about...is your WWF Tag Team Champions. The greatest tag team in the HISTORY of the...of the...of the WORLD! And how we're going to beat the shooters at their OWN game! Hahahaha!"

Mooney" Well, if you haven't already..."

Tomax"...and why not!"

Mooney"--yes...call your local cable company and say, 'I want to be apart of the biggest Wrestling Event of the Year! It's the WWF! Revolutionising Pro-Wrestling! Wrestlemania '98! BE THERE!"

Card Quality: 70%

....an excerpt from page 5 of the Porch this past week...they did a feature story analyzing the booking of The Cartel (Russo, Dillon, etc.), taking a look at how they brought prestige back to the titles...The report was a bit inaccurate. Just a bit. Enjoy

THE

PRO

WRESTLING

PORCH

by Kade Weller

WWF TITLE HISTORY

WWF World Title

Hulk Hogan; Mar 22, 1992-Dec 16, 1992

Ric Flair; Dec 16, 1992-March 2nd 1993**

Bret Hart; March 2nd 1993-August 2nd, 1993

Yokozuna; August 2nd 1993-Nov 28th 1993

Bret Hart; Nov 28th 1993-March 24th, 1994**

The Mountie;, Mar 24th 1994 - May 12th, 1994

Ric Flair; May 12th, 1994 - June 27th, 1994***

Million Dollar Man - June 27th 1994 - April 30th 1995

Bret Hart; April 30th 1995 - July 30th, 1995***

The Mountie; July 30th 1995 - August 27th, 1995**

Ric Flair; August 27th 1995 - October 29th, 1995****

Bret Hart; October 29th 1995 - December 31st 1995****

The Berzerker; Decemember 31st 1995 - Feb 12th 1996

Ric Flair; Feb 12 1996 - March 31st 1996*****

*Steve Corino (Royal Rumble Winner); Mar 31st - April 28th 1996

The Undertaker; April 28th 1996 - Sept 29th 1996

Bret Hart; Sept 29th 1996 - March 30th 1997*****

Steve Corino; April 27th1997 - Mr. Perfect; August 31st, 2997

Mr. Perfect; August 31st - Steve Corino; September 28th, 1997

Steve Corino; September 28th, 1997 - October 5th, 1997

Steve Corino; October 5th, 1997 - Nov 97

Hiroyoshi Tenzan Nov 97 - March '98

[*]Merged with GWF & WWF New Heavyweight Titles

Barry Horowitz; March '98 - present

* = Number of times held Belt; i.e. ***** (5 Time Champion)

WWF Tag Team Titles

The Rockers March 22nd 1992-Aug 3rd 1992

The Nasty Boys Aug 3rd 1992-Jan 15th 1993

Demoltion (Ax & Smash) Jan 15th 1993-Nov 1st 1993

Money Inc. Nov 1993-Nov 28th 1993

PHAT (Big Bossman & Akeem); Jan - March 94

The Perfect Horsemen (The Perfect & Tully Blanchard) March 1994 -July 16th 1994

The Cowboys From Hell (Cowboy Mike Hegstrand & Dutch Mantell) July 16th 1994 - August 10th 1994

August 10th 1994 - Aug 13th - Vacant

Insane Clown Posse; August 13th 1994 - September 25th 1994

The Perfect Horsemen; Sept 25th - Oct 30th 1994**

The Insane Clown Posse October 30th 1994 - Jan 28th 1996**

The Dark Patriot & Dr. Death Steve Williams; Jan 28th 1996 - Feb 23rd 1997

The Cartel (Horowitz & Porteau) Feb 23rd 1997 - March 17th 1997

The Road Warriors; March 17th - March 30th 1997

The Cartel; March 30th 1997 - April 3rd 1997**

The Road Warriors; April 3rd 1997 - May 5th 1997**

Insane Clown Posse; May 5th - May 25th, 1997 VACATED***

Team H; June 5th, 1997 - September 13th, 1997

Doug Furnas & Phil Lafon; September 13th, 1997 - Oct '97

Ebony Experience; Oct '97 - Jan '98

Crimson Twins Jan 98 - Present

WWF Intercontinental

The Ultimate Warrior; March 22nd 1992-September 26th 1993

The Mountie; Sept 26th, 1992-Feb 28th 1993

Shawn Michaels; Feb 28th - November 28th 1993

Chris Champion (Tatanka); Nov 28th, 1993 - Jan 30th 1994

Lex Luger; Jan 30th - Feb 7th 1994

Jerry Lawler; Feb 7th 1994 - March 24th, 1994

Million Dollar Man; March 24th - May 12th 1994

Shawn Michaels; May 12th 1994 - May 13th, 1994

The Mountie; May 13th 1995 - May 28th 1995

Johnny Smith; May 28th 1995 - Jan 8th 1996

Ludvig Borga/Tony Halme; Jan 8th 1996 - Jan 22nd 1996

Razor Ramon; Jan 22nd - Jan 28th 1996

Pretty Paul Roma; Jan 1996 - Dec 14th 1996

'Future' Steve Corino; Dec 14th - Dec 23rd 1996

Jeff Jarret; Dec 23 1996 - Feb 23rd 1997

The Lightning Kid; Feb 23rd 1997 - March 3rd 1997

Jeff Jarrett; March 3rd 1997 - April 27th 1997

Sabu; April 27th - Oct 97

Shaggy 2Dope Oct '97 - Nov '97

Owen Hart; Nov '97 - PRESENT

GWF Heavyweight

The Dark Patriot; March 1996 - Feb 1997

Jerry Lawler; Feb 1st 1997 - March 1st, 1997

The Blue Blazer; March 1st 1997 - March 30th 1997

The Sandman; March 30th 1997 - Sept '97

Stan Hansen; Sept '97 - October '97

Hiroyoshi Tenzan; October '97 - March '98

[*]Merged with WWF World & WWF New Heavyweight Titles

Barry Horowitz; March '98 - present

GWF Light Heavyweight

The Lightning Kid; December 16th, 1996 - Feb 8th 1997

Johnny Ace; Feb 8th 1997 - March 30th 1997

Shaggy 2 Dope March 30th - SUSPENDED

ECW Heavyweight

The Blue Blazer; April 28th 1996 - May 26th 1996

The Sandman; May 26th 1996 - Dec 7th, 1996

Nikolai Volkoff; Dec 7th, 1996 - March 17, 1997

New Jack; March 17 1997 - April '97

Jun Akiyama; April '97 - present.

notes;

Some analysis of this shows, that while the titles have changed hands often, the calibre of wrestlers that have held the titles have been so high, that the switching of the titles did nothing, but elevate the prestige of the titles over the last few years...

Also, over the last year, there has been a decrease in the shifting of title holders.

NEWS AND VIEWS

On The Road To Wrestlemania '98

"To me it looks like it'll be the rematch between Horowitz & Tenzan, and then Waltman Vs. Knight. " -- billyzzz80

"You know what would be cool? Horowitz defending against the Million Dollar Man. " -- Brimstone

"What a great show that was with loads of good stuff happening. I think Waltman has been made a lot more interesting with his heel turn and his new look as well as bringing "Brian" into the storyline, DX maybe?" -- wbafanlee

"The tag tournament is getting great, still very hard to tell who's going to actually make it to the finals...And although a lot of people hate the Crimsons... I think they're amazing... my favorite tag team ever " -- The Bookerman

" Tenzan is GOD right now. " -- lukiep8

"Looks like its going to be The Memphis Knight vs HLK Sean Waltman vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs Barry Horowitz at Wrestlemania for the belt." -Mind Games 96

"Barry Horowitz is the Triple Crown Champion! That is the greatest moment in the HISTORY of the diary! An original and great idea on your behalf Javert. You never cease to amaze me" -- Ron326

VIEWS OF THE DOME

TAFKAKOK4L

"GREAT card...even if you do have Barry Horowitz main eventing WrestleMania.

I like how you incorporate things that really did happen in wrestling into the diary but still make them different. Examples would be Lawler being The Memphis King instead of Hulk Hogan being Mr. America, Waltman's push which reminds EVERYONE of Shawn Michaels' real life push, and Mr. T refereeing a boxing match on WrestleMania.

Can't wait for Mania and the Javert Scenario which, I believe, comes out after Mania, correct? "

EZE

"Flair verse Sting program is going to be your best javert. Its the classic "Veteran shakes off the younger guys wanting to go it his own, thinking perhaps hes only got one more run. But then, a little success goes to his head and he soon turns AGAINST those younger guys who had supported him" program. I really hope you build to a match. Flair vs Sting matches have been some of my favourite in history. Sting and Flair being 2 of my top guys of all time. "

Smeagol

"While I agree that I haven't heard of many of the people in Javert's diary, why in the world should that matter??? Look at Golden Boy Wrestling. I've never heard of ANY of those wrestlers, with the exception of Raven and Haas, but I still love reading it. Javert (and Conniption, for that matter) do such a good job at developing new characters that it doesn't matter to me if I know who they are in real life. Tomax and Xamot are not even real people, but I still love them to death. What do you do when you see an interesting fictional novel? Do you tell yourself, "I don't know who any of these characters are. I'm not going to read this." If you actually read and interpret everything that is written in diaries, you WILL know who they are. I know who all of these wrestlers are, whether I know who they are in real life or not.

Oh, and an off-subject note, for anyone who still wants to get a better feel for wrestlers: I have found that going into a search engine and trying to find photographs of various wrestlers have helped me get into their characters more. "

TGC'S WM PREDICTIONS:

My picks for

WWF Women's Tournament

Rusha over Msanabanwenchaznoria

Winner: Rusha

WWF Tag Team C1 Clash

Don Frye and Jim Powers over The Helmsleys

The Space Croppers over Damien Demento/Crush

The Ebony Experienceover The Pitbulls

Rougeau/Hennig over The Heavenly Bodies

The Thrillseekers over The Warriors Of Doom

Terry Taylor/Horowitz over Bossman/Earthquake

Hayabusa/Akiyama over Rated R

Sabu and Al Snow over Mr. E and Simon Diamond

Don Frye and Jim Powers over The Space Croppers

Rougeau/Hennig over The Ebony Experience

The Thrillseekers over Taylor/Horowitz

Sabu and Al Snow over Hayabusa/Akiyama

Don Frye and Jim Powers over Rougeau/Hennig

Sabu and Al Snow over The Thrillseekers

Sabu and Al Snow over Don Frye and Jim Powers

Winners:  Sabu and Al Snow

The Memphis Knight/The Return

While I think the man under the mask has been Jerry Lawler for the majority of the time, when the mask comes off it will turn out to be Bret Hart, who will get a match with and defeat Tenzan for the Triple Crown Title.

Seriously, I like what you're doing with this, especially the Crimson Twins, Shawn Waltman, etc. Keep it up

Feel free to post your predictions for the 3rd time for some of you. I have plenty of predictions, and stats of those (odds of winning etc.) will be posted shortly, in the Observer format; Wrestlemania preview. I believe that is where I last left off.

Wrestlemania '98 will then follow!

Guest Faded Sanity

The font is way to big on the second page for the Wrestlng Observer posts. Anyway you can make them smaller?

Other than that, this is a work of art.

Hiro Tenzan d. Barry Horowitz (Champion), Waltman

I see Horowitz title reign being like Y2J Undisputed Title reign. This kind of one off blip. Largely forgotten after mania.

Anything goes!

Carl P. Oulette - LOSE TO - Steve Corino

Former President Ted Dibiase d. The Memphis Knight

Steel Cage!

Ric Flair LOSES TO Sting (Setting him up for a shot in near future at world title)

Owen Hart (Champion) LOSES TO Hayabusa

The Crimson Twins (Tomax & Xamot - Champions) d. The Shooterz (Don Frye & Jim Powers)

Joey Styles d. The Sandman (cos Mr T will knock out Sandman)

Waltman d. Hiro Tenzan, Barry Horowitz (Champion)

I can't really see you not letting Waltman get the W, especially how you've built him up.

Steve Corino d. Carl P. Oulette

Former President Ted Dibiase d. The Memphis Knight

Steel Cage!

Sting d. Ric Flair

Hayabusa d. Owen Hart (Champion)

To free up Owen as the next WWF champion.

The Crimson Twins (Tomax & Xamot - Champions) d. The Shooterz (Don Frye & Jim Powers)

The Sandman d. Joey Styles

Waltman

Anything goes!

Steve Corino

The Memphis Knight

Steel Cage!

Sting

Owen Hart (Champion)

The Crimson Twins (Tomax & Xamot - Champions)

Tag Team C1 CLASH Final!

The Finals of the Tag Team C1 CLASH!

Sabu and Al Snow

The WWF Women's Tournament Finals!<br>

WWF Belt Presented by The first WWF Women's Champion

The Fabulous Moolah!

Rusha

The Sandman