World Wrestling Federation '98

ChuBalso

lol I love all the Crimson hating going on. Theyre one of my favourite parts of this diary. Actually built up with a nice gimmick that really annoys people. I also felt when I was reading that it was deliberetly being booked as a letdown to give it some realism. And the main event went exactly as it should have done and I predicted. Short because the talent in it wasnt enough to drag it to a long great match (tenzan coulda) and I got the feel that the cage match was short because they were 'running out of time' on the broadcast.

Interesting show javert, not a great read or a great markout show but very interesting lookjing forward to seeing where this goes.Putting the IC as opener would of been horrendous because the crowd would have been burnt out right at the start, hoarse by the main event.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also felt when I was reading that it was deliberetly being booked as a letdown to give it some realism. And the main event went exactly as it should have done and I predicted. Short because the talent in it wasnt enough to drag it to a long great match (tenzan coulda) and I got the feel that the cage match was short because they were 'running out of time' on the broadcast.

Interesting show javert, not a great read or a great markout show

Just caught up with the shows that were posted while I went away and Wrestlemania, And Wrestlemania was a pretty good show overall. Here's some of my thoughts on Wrestlemania.

I was also disappointed in Jannetty being the dragon, I was hoping it would be someone who played a bigger role in the diary, Like The Berzerker, Hogan or someone like that. Though, It's interesting to see what you'll do with Jannetty next.

So Sabu's a heel now? It could work, A feud between him and Corino would be a good way to elevate him. As far as Oulette winning goes, I like it. Other than Flair/Tenzan you don't have that many heels fighting for the title. I have no idea when he'll get his shot though, Since Tenzan won.

Tenzan was the right choice to win the main event. I didn't really care for Horowitz's reign as I felt the only bright spot was when he won the title. And Waltman hadn't really done anything.

I hope the stuff with the Memphis Knight ends soon as well. I was kinda hoping to see Lawler get one title reign since I feel he's played the biggest part in your diary, Though now it might be a big late for the King.

Sting winning is a good thing and I hope he challenges for the title next. Speaking of titles, I think Owen is ready to drop the IC title and also start challenging for the World title.

The placement of the matches were good, Except for the cage match. I would have put something like the tag title match there since the crowd for the cage match was the hottest one. Kinda makes the main event look bad.

And The Twins keeping the gold was expected but I don't mind it :D

Wrestlemania was a good show, Nothing mind blowing, But nothing horrible either. Keep up the good work Javert :D

RAW PREVIEW! Live From the Uline Arena in Memphis, TN!

[*]The Memphis Knight & Brian Christopher Lawler vs. The Big Bossman & The Sandman

[*]The Brooklyn Bad Boyz (Kama Mustafa & Peter Senerca) vs. TAG TEAM C1 CLASH WINNERS The Thrillseekers (Lance Storm & Chris Jericho)

[*]The Return Of 'The Barber Shop!'

[*]The New WWF Triple Crown Champion, Hiryoshi Tenzan w/ Bruce Pritchard & Antonio Inoki

[*]Sabu!

[*]

THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WWF SUDDEN DEATH MEGATOURNAMENT!!

[*]And Much, Much, More!

Edited by Inspector Javert

• 2 weeks later...

user posted image

April 27th , 1998

Monday Night Raw-

Channel: USA Network - Prime Time

Venue: Uline Arena, Memphis - TN

Attendance: 7,033

Announcing Team: Joey Styles & Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan

In-Ring Announcer: Joe Pedicino

Referee Team: Bill Alfonso, Mike Chioda, Dave Hebner, Shane McMahon, Jimmy Korderas, Joey Marella, John Finnegan, Jim Mollineaux

By

Dave Schmeltzer

– JJ Dillon announces ‘WWF SUDDEN DEATH MEGATOURNAMENT’ -

Monday Night RAW on 4/27, one week after Wrestlemania, opened up with a still photo package recap of the Pay Per View. It ended with Paulie Dangerously’s cell phone shot to Inoki. Joey Styles opened up RAW standing in the middle of the ring, microphone in hand, admiring the ‘Oh My Gawd’, chant that opened the live show. Styles ran down the card with Al Snow vs. ‘Mr Everything’ Andrew Martin, and Sabu vs. Hunter Hearst Hemsley on top. Standing next to Styles was WWF official, JJ Dillon. Dillon said that the WWF SUDDEN DEATH MEGATOURNAMENT would be the promotion’s biggest competition ever. Before he could go on to explain, WWF Triple Crown Champion Hiroyoshi Tenzan’s music played, as Bruce Pritchard & Antonio Inoki lead him to the ring. Inoki was sporting tape on the side of his head, selling the cell phone shot from Wrestlemania. Styles noted Pritchard’s time spent in Memphis in the GWF before the WWF bought them out (and made it the development territory) in mid-1994.

Styles" It’s Bruce Pritchard and Antonio Inoki with the new WWF Triple Crown champion--"

Pritchard" Correction, Styles! This is now the two time WWF Triple Crown Champion! The greatest wrestler in the world, today! Hiro Tenzan! [*Crowd booes*]"

Styles" Well it seems you’ve interrupted Mr. Dillion, here --"

Pritchard" Shuttup, because I got something to say! You see, Paulie Dangerously, you will not get away with what you did at Wrestlemania! In our time of celebration, you had to blindside the legend! You had to blindside the great, Antonio Inoki! [*crowd cheers*] Why? Was it to get to me? Was it because you’re jealous of me! Are you jealous that I am the greatest manager in WWF history, and you are just a shell of your former self! So you wanted to make a comeback! Well you picked the wrong man to do it against! Consider yourself a marked man, Dangerously!"

Styles then added that there’s a rumour going around that Waltman is afraid from wrestling again, following that match. Pritchard went on to put over Tenzan, saying that Tenzan can beat any man, any size. Inoki screamed some things in Japanese before raising the hands of Tenzan & Pritchard to a greeting of booes. 89%

Bull Nakano d. Lady Speed – WWF Women’s Title

Following the Tenzan segment, the showed still highlights of the WWF Women’s Tournament final. Good match here that kept the crowd’s attention. Lady Speed did her best to keep the match fast paced; but once Nakano surprised her with the big Nakano boot at 3:35, it was just about over. Nakano then crushed Speed with her legdrop for the victory.

Overall: 56%

Crowd: 55%

Match: 57%

user posted image

Bull Nakano crushes her first opponent for the Women’s title

-ADVERTS-

Kama Mustafa & Peter Senerca d. Lance Storm & Chris Jericho

Really good TV match, here. Quite suprising to see the C1 CLASH winners loose so quickly, but they did so in a great match, doing no harm. Senerca looked really good here, debuting modified versions of his shoulder suplex, similar to Akiyama’s. Also, Jericho was getting cheered while Storm got booed. Looks like fans are actually glad to see Jericho back in the ring. Ending came at when Kama nailed Storm with his shoulderbreaker for the victory at 9:10. Styles did a great job on commentary getting over the damage that Senerca’s suplexes did to Storm’s shoulder. The Brooklyn Bad Boyz came out really strong, here.

Overall: 82%

Crowd: 76%

Match: 89%

user posted imageuser posted image

Kama Mustafa & Peter Senerca defeat

C1 CLASH WINNERS,

Lance Storm & Chris Jericho

-ADVERTS-

– The ‘Barber Shop’ w/ The Memphis Knight & Brian Christopher Lawler -

Returning from the break they had Brutus Beefcake’s Barber shop set, set up in the ring. Beefcake’s music hit to a flurry of booes, accompanied by The Sandman & Woman. Sandman stood to the side, w/ Woman, smoking his fag and drinking his ‘beverage’, as Joey Styles described it.

Beefcake" Ya know something brutha!! The Sandman and I were wondering who was going to be our first guest on the return of the ‘Barber Shop!’ We knew it had to be big! It had to be something! So then my man Sandman said to me…he said, ‘Hey, Sweet Bruti!’ [*crowd booes*] ‘ I got an idea! Why don’t we expose that little, conniving, sniveling little weasel who calms himself a King! Let’s expose that little rat, Jerry Lawler right here in his own hometown! [*Crowd booes*] Let’s bring out the man that I, yes I beat into retirement!! [*crowd booes loudly*]"

At that point, out came The Memphis Knight, accompanied by Brian Christopher Lawler. Crowd popped huge for he and Brian Christopher. Beefcake got right in Memphis Knight’s face. Sandman stood nose to nose with Brian Christopher.

Beefcake" Memphis Knight, you may have beat The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase at Wrestlemania. But the fact is that it took you, and your backstabbing son together to defeat Dibiase."

Just as Brian Christopher lunged at Beefcake The Ted Dibiase laugh was heard over the PA system, as Dibiase’s music began to blast. Crowd booed loudly as Big Bossman, who looks just huge now, blocked Dibiase from being touched by fans on the way to the ring. Dibiase looked infuriated, as a ‘Jerry’ chant began to surface. Dibiase wasted no time in screaming into the face of Christopher.

Dibiase" You no good ungrateful piece of Memphis trash! [*crowd booes*] You’re no worse than those degenerates that I see stumbling around Beale Street! [*crowd booed loudest at the local reference to Beale Street, known for it’s bars and clubs.*] 4 years ago, I brought you up from nothing! " [*At this point, Memphis Knight stepped in front of Christopher Lawler; Now head to head with Dibiase*]

Knight" First of all, you say something like that about my beautiful state of Tennessee, Imma give ya a beatin’ worst than ya got at Wrestlemania! [*crowd cheers, loud ‘Jerry’ chant*, as Dibiase throws a tantrum*] And what you did to this man over these last few years was manipulate him. You would manipulate him for your own benefit! You would -- "

At this point, The Big Bossman threw up his nighstick onto the chest of the Memphis Knight. This hushed the crowd.

Bossman" Let me tell you somethin’ boy. Back whea I come from, we do real bad things to people who shout like that. And, we also do worst things to people who lie. You see boy’, in Cobb Country, Georgia we don’t like no yellow men And that’s what you two are. [*Crowd booes*] And this man right here, Ted Dibiase all he did was show your snot nose puke kid the green! The money! Because money talks, boy. And I’ve been with beside this man, Ted Dibiase for a long, long time to know he’s a betta man than you…Lawler! And tonight, I don’t care who I gotta talk to in the back! Whether it’s Dillon, Patterson, Brisco, or whoever! Tonight Imma make my dollar, on you two!"

Dibiase" Tonight, Lawler! You and Christopher will fall to the almighty dollar! Hahahahahahahah! Muahahahaahahaha!! Muahahahahahaha!!!" 85%

-ADVERTS-

Johnny Ace d. Simon Diamond

After the ‘Barber Shop’ they played a Video Package hyping WWF at the Tokyo Dome, June 10th, 1998. All was shown was a graphic of Tenzan, transparent through his highlights. Though it hasn’t been announced, I expect it to be either Tenzan – Sabu, or Tenzan – Sting on top. Styles and Heenan spent the match talking about the Big Bossman challenging Jerry Lawler & Brian Christopher to a ‘fight’, or a Memphis Street Fight. Ace nailed Diamond with a top rope Ace Crusher at 8:13.

Overall: 71%

Crowd: 75%

Match: 64%

-ADVERTS-

Jun Akiayama d. Barry Horowitz

Horowitz got a standing ovation from the crowd before they rang the bell. After the bell rang, it was all Akiyama. Styles pushed Akiyama hard as the former ECW Heavyweight Champion, who was never pinned for the titled. He had to vacate it due to injury. Horowitz showed signs of a comeback at 6:33, blocking 3 consecutive Akiyama dropkick attempts. Horowitz, then went against the ropes for a clothesline, but was caught by Akiyama ready to nail Horowitz with The Exploder side suplex. After two more exploders, Horowitz was history.

Overall: 72%

Crowd: 74%

Match: 70%

Barry Horowitz lost overness from this match. Jun Akiyama gained overness from this match.

-ADVERTS-

– Paulie Dangerously & Sabu -

Returning out of the break was Joe Pedicino, introducing Paulie Dangerously to a thunderous pop. Paulie took the mic and absorbed a ‘Paulie’ chant before delivering another fine promo closing together a lot of the questions arised from Wrestlemania

Paulie Dangerously

" Antonio Inoki! [*crowd booes*] How did that phone shot feel! Now the question is, why! Why did I Paulie Dangerously hit the legendary Antonio Inoki in the head with my phone! Well, that was a message! That was a message to the man who Inoki is using as his puppet! That was a message to the man who these Tennessee folk know is no good!That was a message to Bruce Pritchard! You see, this all started way back when Jim Cornette, introduced Antonio Inoki into the WWF as his representative for WWF President! Luckilly, Memphis’ own, Jerry The King Lawler [*crowd pops*] was able to keep that from happening. And so what follows. Pride. And during allll those years, of alllll those battles, who was always the one who meddled himself around PRIDE. Bruce Pritchard Why? Because of the man that he brought into the WWF – Hiroyoshi Tenzan. Well, seeing as now, after last week’s Wrestlemania, you and Inoki are in a love bubble with Tenzan, Triple Crown champion…I showed up to bust that bubble!. You say I’m a marked man…than so be it! But remember this! You are always being watched! And now that brings me to my second point!"

At that point, the lights dimmed for several seconds, with Sabu appearing in the ring posing behind Dangerously. Sabu, who’s gotten bigger in recent months sparked a huge ‘Sabu’ chant. After the chanting ceased, Dangerously went on to explain Sabu’s interference in Steve Corino’s match. Dangerously said that Sabu was uncontrollably upset at loosing to the Dragon, earlier at Wrestlemania. He said that the only reason that Sabu lost was because he did not know what he was going up against. Heenan had a funny line here, saying “Well, what do you call an open contract?” ‘Eye Of The Tiger’ hit, as Steve Corino came to the ring to another huge pop. Corino said that he accepted the apology, because he always knew that Sabu was suicidal, homicidal, and genocidal. Before turning around the leave the ring, Corino added that Sabu ‘owed him one’, then shook that hand of Sabu, establishing peace. Crowd popped as ‘Eye Of The Tiger’ blasted over the PA. It’s clear that these two, along with Sting are the top faces of the company, right now. So much for the Sabu heel tease. Lawler of course is included in this, but Lawler is clearly an old-timer at this point. 97%

Sabu gained overness from this segment

-ADVERTS-

Al Snow d. ‘Mr. Everything’ Andrew Martin w/ Francine

After what seemed like a half hour of posing, Martin grabbed the microphone and yelled, “ Remember this, Snow. I am everything, and you are nothing! This sparked a nearly match long ‘Let It Snow’ chant carrying on in the crowd. Finals came at 9:22 of a really well worked match, where Snow blocked the ‘Everything’-pumphandle Slam three times. The forth time, Snow countered catching Martin in the position for an inverted DDT. Crowd popped as Snow, first pounded the chest of Martin before DDT’ing him. Snow quickly followed up with the snow-plow for the victory. Crowd was into this match every step of the way. Good TV match.

Overall: 82%

Crowd: 85%

Match: 78%

– Backstage: A Crimson Challenge -

After showing still-clips of Rusha loosing the WWF Women’s title final, and the Crimsons Twins successfully defending their titles from Wrestlemania, Vince McMahon stood by backstage with The Crimson Twins & Rusha, along with manager Bill Alfonso hopping around blowing his whistle. Finally he stopped as McMahon stopped cringing and holding his ears;

McMahon" Bill Alfonso, while Rusha was not able to win the WWF Women’s Title, The Crimson Twins were very successful in retaining theirs."

Alfonso" That’s right, daddy! Crimsons baby! Bull Nakano! You may have won this time, sista! But remember Rusha, baby! And the Crimsons baby! WWfFTag Team Champions, baby! The best tag team champs ever, baby! And next week—it’s a Crimson Challenge!!"

McMahon" A Crimson Challenge?"

Alfonso" Tell’em boys!"

Tomax" Vince McMahon, we are the World Wrestling Federation…"

Xamot"…Tag Team Team Champions of The World "

Tomax & Xamot" DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?"

McMahon" Well..yes—It means that you two are--"

Tomax" Mcmahon, it means that we are the best…"

Xamot"…Tag Team in Professional wrestling, today."

Tomax" And when you’re the best at what you do…"

Xamot"…You’ve got to create your own challenges…"

Tomax & Xamot" TO REMAIN AT THE TOP OF YOUR GAME."

McMahon" Wha..what challenges? What are they talking about Alfonso?"

Alfonso" Next week, Monday Night RAW, daddy! A Tag Team Battle Royal!! The winner, faces the Crimson Twins that night daddy!! Yea baby!!!"

McMahon" Well, you heard it right there…next week on Monday Night RAW…a Tag Team Battle Royal, with the winners getting a WWF Tag Team title shot, later that night! But up next, what do we have in store..it’s Sabu vs. Hunter Hearst Hemsley" 77%

-ADVERTS-

Sabu w/ Paulie Dangerously d. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Crowd kept a ‘Sabu’ chant going, even though it was clear that Sabu was going to win this. Sabu completely wiped the mat with the blueblood before nailing him with an Arabian moonsault with an assist from the chair. I found it interesting that they have once again began to use Hunter Hearst Hemsley. Sabu kept yelling, “Dragon!

Overall; 68%

Crowd: 68%

Match: 69%

– The Memphis Street Fight -

The Memphis Street Fight soon became a Memphis street brawl. Or, as Styles put it, ‘A Memphis street mugging’ Bossman started off squaring off against both The Knight & Christopher. After a few minutes of Bossman feeling them out, Brutus Beefcake’s music hit he PA system. Beefcake, definitely not popular in Memphis, had to shout over the booes.

Beefcake

" Ya know something brutha! As much as Sweet Bruti would want to come down there and whip the Lawlers’ again…I can’t. But I gotta man who’d be happy to take my place! Heh! Ha! Hahaha!"

With that, The Sandman came charging to the ring, tackling Brian Christopher, whilst trying to hit him with his cane. Knight went over and yanked the cane out of Sandman’s grasp, and threw it out of the ring. Bossman went to hit Knight from behind, but Knight quickly blocked him with an axehandle to the stomach. Before long Christopher & Knight had the upper hand, and cleared the ring of Sandman & Bossman. At this point, Dibiase ran frantically around the ring looking for the microphone.

Dibiase

" Knight! Christopher! You two are not leaving that ring standing! You see, money goes a long way! And tonight, I paid for your mask! C’mon!"

Emerging out of the curtain was GWF Development wrestler Balls Mahoney, and indy wrestler Axl Rotten. They were acknowledged on commentary as

Two of Dibiase’s hired thugs” They went to work on Christopher & Knight as Sandman & Bossman regrouped on the outside. After a few minutes Christopher and Knight made got rid of the two jobbers, tossing them both over the top. Dibiase, ecstatic, re-grouped the four men, and started screaming on the mic, again.

Dibiase

" Nice work! But sometimes you need to get a little help from [*puts his hand above head*] higher above[/b!"

Emerging from the curtain was GWF wrestlers, Gladiator Mike Awesome & Reverand D-Von. With the GWF being located in Memphis the WWF went to take advantage of it. Gladiator and D-Von got a noticeable pop together. Gladiator’s been GWF Heavyweight champion for the last 7 months, while D-Von remains the promotion’s top heel. These were the only two GWF’ers that Styles acknowledged by name.

Styles" And that’s the Gladiator, we’ve seen him before. He looks bigger than ever! And that…that’s Reverand D-Von, from the local GWF Promotion…and it looks like…they’ve been hired!"

Very smart of the WWF to bring these guys in on this show. Due to the crowd’s reaction, Gladiator & D-Von came out looking strong. At this point, first the first two thugs (Axl & Balls) jumped into the ring and began to brawl with Knight & Christopher Lawler. Then, right behind them were Bossman & Sandman. Knight & Christopher Lawler were still somewhat holding their own until The Gladiator & D-Von finally made it into the ring. It was now two 3 on 1’s. Axl, Sandman & Gladiator went to work on Christopher, while Balls, Bossman, & D-Von went to work on The Knight. 10 minutes into the brawl, D-Von went to the outside and brought into the ring a wooden table. Local fans popped, as they knew that this was a cue for the running power bomb from the Gladiator, onto the table, a move that he usually does after defeating his opponents. And with that, he tossed Christopher onto the table, getting a big reaction from the crowd. Christopher landed hard on the table (making a loud ‘thud’ sound), causing he and the table to fall over at the impact. Dibiase tossed a metal chair into the ring. Next, Gladiator picked up Knight for a power bomb; D-Von caught Knight coming down with a reverse neckbreaker on a chair. With Christopher unconscious Dibiase instructed his thugs to hold up the Knight for the Sandman as he caned Knight in the head unmercifully with his Singapore cane. The crowd started to chant for ‘Lawler’, but to no avail. The Knight was taking a beating. Finally, Dibiase waltzed up the stairs into the ring, and went to pull the Knight’s mask off. After being unsuccessful at the first attempt, D-Von & Gladiator lead the pack in laying some punches into the Knight. Sandman laid in a few more cane shots to the head, before Dibiase tried again…this time with the help of Gladiator & D-Von. Finally, the mask came off, and the Knight fell face first to the ground, as Joey Styles went ballistic on commentary.

Final Call By Joey Styles & Bobby ‘The Brain’ Heenan

Styles [*screaming in his high pitched voice*]" The Knight is unmasked! The Knight is unmasked! Who is it! Who is it!"

Heenan" We’re going to find out!! It’s..it’s…"

[*Finally the Knight’s head is lifted up by D-Von. Reveleaing a bloodied Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler.

Styles" It’s the King! It’s the King!"

Heenan" I knew it!"

Styles" Of course we knew it, but he did not deserve this! This was a Memphis street mugging!"

Heenan" Money talks, Styles!!! Call it what you will! These thugs got their pay-off!"

WWF Monday Night RAW went off the air, with Ted Dibiase raising the hands of The Gladiator & D-Von to an irate Memphis crowd. Sweet Bruti hit the ring hugging his man, The Sandman and raising his hand. D-Von mockingly held the Memphis Knight mask in his mouth.

Commentary Aftermath

Styles" And would you look at this! Two of Jerry Lawler’s worse adversaries in the ring, celebrating! Who knew it would come to this!"

Heenan" Well, Joey…The Memphis Knight had this coming to him for a looooooonng time! It was that man Brutus Beefcake that defeated him last year in a retirement match! And he just wouldn’t adhere to the rules! It looks like this was the only way, Styles…and [*laughing*] I think it’s finally done!"

Styles" And Christopher! The son of Lawler! Being tossed onto that table by The Gladiator! He isn’t moving! Someone get some help out here right now! This isn’t right! This isn’t right! In their hometown! This is not riiiiiggghhhttt!!"

Heenan" Justice has been servied!"

WWF Worldwide Preview!

[*]Sting vs. The Dragon

[*] Christopher Q. Kanyon vs. Mike Barton

[*]Terry Taylor vs. Crush

[*]A special interview with WWF IC Champion Owen Hart!

[*]An Much much more!!!!!

Good Raw, Glad to see that Lawler was finally revealed as the Memphis Knight. The feud between Lawler and DiBiase is getting better especially by adding Beefcake in there. I'm looking forward to next week's tag team battle royal and hopefully the Crimson's retain. Surprised to see Horowitz jobbing to Jun Akiayama after being champion. The Waltman being afraid to wrestle again could be kinda cool too :D

May 2rd, 1998

WWF Worldwide Saturday Nights

Channel: FOX

Venue: The Uline Arena – Memphis, TN

Announcing Team: Sean Mooney & Michael PS Hayes

Attendance: 4.056

Referee Team: Bill Alfonso, Mike Chioda, Shane McMahon, Earl Hebner, Charles Robinson, Jim Mollineaux, John Finnegan

By

Dave Schmeltzer

Eric Bischoff and Michael Hayes opened up after a video recap of raw, running down the Worldwide card. Hayes has really put on some weight. They also teased an interview with Percy Pringle and Carl Oulette, who is guaranteed a shot at the WWF Triple Crown at an event to be named later.

– Dlo’s Whip -

Dlo Brown w/ Lady Jaqueline d. Bryan Clark

Dlo Brown came out wearing his most militant ringwear ever, with Lady Jacqueline, and a whip in hand. For the whole match Clark was ‘concerned’ with the whip at ringside. Brown won with a frog splash at about 7:28. After the match Jaqueline handed Brown a whip, with which he began lashing Clark’s back. Officials came in to break it up, as Bischoff met with Brown in the back.

Overall: 60

Crowd: 48

Match: 72

Bischoff" Dlo Brown, that whip! What was the reason for that!"

Brown" This hear, Bischoff, is my revenge whip!" [*walks off, with Jaqueline*]

Bischoff" Revenge whip?" 66%

D'Lo Brown gained overness from this segment.

Hakushi d. Jim Duggan

Each time Duggan “ho’d”, the crowd booed. Hakushi’s story of the match was using his quickness to keep Duggan running in circles. Duggan surprised Hakushi with his patented shoulder-block, but Hakushi kicked out. Hakushi won with the tope rope maneuver at 7:11.

Overall: 57

Crowd: 56

Match: 59

Hacksaw Jim Duggan lost overness from this match. Hakushi gained overness from this match.

-ADVERTS-

Rick Titan d. Axl Rotten

In the theme of using GWF wrestlers while in Memphis, Rick Titan debuted against Axl Rotten. Mooney quickly harped on Rotten’s involvement in the Memphis street fight on this past Monday Night Raw.’ Mooney announced that Lawler is recovering, but badly suffering from severely sprained neck ligaments, dude to the power bomb neck drop by Gladiator & D-Von on Lawler atop a chair. Lawler was said to be mostly hurt from the crushing cane shots, at the hands of the Sandman.They pushed his recovery as being a long one. I think that this is for Lawler to take some time off, now his body no longer what it was. Mooney promised that Brian Christopher Lawler will be on RAW – not injured – but Titan won with the ‘Titan Edge’, at 8:44. Shades of ex-WWF’er and current WCW’er, Scott Hall.

Overall: 58

Crowd: 46

Match: 70

– Percy Pringle & Carl Oulette choose date for WWF Triple Crown Title Shot -

Bischoff was backstage with Pringle & Oulette, after showing vid-caps of Oulette’s ‘Wrestlemania ‘98’ victory over Steve Corino earning him a shot at the WWF Triple Crown. Oulette said that he wants his shot when the WWF comes to his hometown of Montreal, Quebec at Centre Belle Stadium, in November of this year. Oulette looked intense. I’m hearing he’s in store for monster push this year. 84%

-ADVERTS-

Mike Barton d. Q (Kaynon)

Mike Barton had a good match with Q. While Barton gets reactions during his matches for his stiff impact moves, he’s not very effective as a face. Bischoff reminded us that King Of The Ring was around the corner, with round one matches being announced on the upcoming ‘Monday Night Raw’. Mike Barton was last year’s winner. Barton won with a neck-crushing back-drop at 8:57.

Overall: 66

Match: 62

Match: 71

– Waltman, missing? -

After the victory, Brian James came to the ringside area, joining Bischoff & Hayes at the announcers’ table. He said that ever since Wrestlemania, Waltman has not been seen or heard from.since the 3-Way WWF Triple Crown title match at ‘Westlemania ‘98’. James, who had the house mic on, said that he thinks that Horowitz beat Waltman silly, which got the crowd on his side. James then added that being away from Waltman he feels free, and wanted to ‘start a revolution’. He then challenged Simon Diamond match on Monday Night Raw, to start the revolution against. The Memphis boys sure did get their time this week. The WWF has not let anything out about Waltman’s sudden absence from TV. It’s no secret that Waltman was unhappy with the way he was pushed into Wrestemania ’98. 72%

-ADVERTS-

Demolition Crush d. Terry Taylor

It’s always nice to see Crush come out to the old Demolition music. Crush always gets the initial big pop. Taylor went for his knee-drop at 5:33, but Crush moved out of the way. Crush followed up with his cranium crush submission for the victory.

Overall: 61

Crowd: 69

Match: 44

Terry Taylor lost overness from this match. Crush gained overness from this match. Terry Taylor didn't really sell very much, which hurt the match rating. Crush is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

– Hunter Hearst Hemsley insults the I-C Champion -

After the victory they went to the back where Bischoff stood by with WWF Intercontinental Champion, Owen Hart. Hart said that Hayabusa was won of the toughest opponents that he’s ever faced, and welcomed a rematch with him, anytime. Crowd applauded that big time. Hart then said that he was open to any challenge, from any wrestler in the world. Just as it looked as if the interview was wrapping up, the blueblood, Hunter Hearst Helmsley appeared on camera, with a smug look on his face as he remained fixated on the Intercontinental Championship belt, draped across the right shoulder of Hart.

HHH" Let me tell you something, Owen. I’ve studied you for a long, long time. I see what you can do, I know your weaknesses. And there will be a time, Owen, when you have to defend that belt against, me. Hunter Hearst Helmsely! I myself, a former champion…1/2 of the legendary Smokey Mountain Tag Team Champions, The Dream Team, with Sweet Bruti! (Beefcake and Hunter Hearst, the re-incarnation of the original Dream Team (Beefcake & Greg Valentine) won the SMW Tag Team Titles in ’95, just a bit after the WWF merged with James Cornette Smokey Mountain Wrestling, and brought in all the belts.)

Hart, one day the world will hear… ‘Now, newwww WWF Intercontinental Champion, Hunter! Hearst! Helmsley!’ And it may just be against you!" 82%

Hunter Hearst Helmsley gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

– The Dragon evades Sabu -

Sting d. The Dragon via DQ

Sting got a huge ovation as always, coming out. There were Sting Wooooooo’s going on consistently along the duration of the match. Dragon started off strong with some quick throat chops, and chest kicks. Dragon chopped Sting in the turnbuckle for some time, before giving him a snap suplex. Dragon nailed Sting with a back-breaker, and then singled for a top rope rocker dropper fist drop. Announcers pushed that Dragon had a huge upper hand on Sabu during their match of Wrestlemania, being a mystery wrestler, and all. So they continue with the excuse, despite that being a stipulation. Dragon took too much time climbing the turnbuckle and missed the fist, crushing a punch into the mat. Sting quickly followed up with a hand stomp. Sting mounted a comeback culminating with a ‘Stinger splash’. Sting gave a single for a second one, as the the crowd cheered him on. However, this time, Dragon surprised Sting with spitting red mist in the face. Referee Charles Robinson quickly called for the bell, disqualifying The Dragon.

Overall: 73

Crowd: 80

Match: 57

After the match, Sting had his hands raised, but was helped to the back by the ref, still somewhat blinded from the red mist. Dragon remained in the ring, as a ‘Sabu’ chant began to sprawl. Suddenly the lights went out; After several moments when they returned on, Sabu was standing in the ring, as The Dragon was no where in site. WWF Worldwide went off the air, with a ‘Sabu’ chant as Mooney & Hayes signed off. Sabu remained screaming for the Dragon.

Commentary Aftermath

Mooney" Sabu is hot on the heels of The Dragon! Raw is coming to you live this week, from the Terry C Starr Arena, in Reno Nevada! How will Bruce Pritchard, and company react to Paulie Dangerously comments last week on Monday Night RAW! He said that he did what he did to send a message! "

Hayes" Well, I tell ya, there’s gonna be a lot more message sending, when Brian Christopher Lawler steps foot in that WWF ring this week. I’m sure he’s got a thing or two to say."

Mooney" Plus, the Crimson Battle Royal challenge, who will the Crimson Brothers defend the titles against on Raw?"

Hayes" Plus two, count’em, two King Of The Ring qualifying matches; Ric Flair vs. Phil LaFon, and Steve Corino vs. Lanny Poffo!"

Mooney" All that, and much, much more! For Michael ‘PS’ Hayes, I’m Sean Mooney; So long everybody!"

RAW Preview!!!

[*]KOTR QUALIFIER: Ric Flair vs. Phil LaFon

[*]Brian Christopher Lawler returns!

[*]The Crimson Twins Tag Team Title Challenge!

Battle Royal Entrants: The Wild Outlaws (Bobby Duncum Jr. & Kendall Windham), The Space Croppers (Rhyno & Devon Storm), The Dudley Boyz (Big Dick & Spike), The Brooklyn Bad Boyz (Senerca & Kama), Barry & Terry (Barry Horowitz & Terry Taylor), The Warroirs Of Doom, The Orient Express (Kato & Tanaka)

[*]Steve Corino vs. Lanny Poffo!

Oh Cool! Youve got the Orient Express! They are like - Tag Team, NUMBER 1 in our household always have been. Nice couple of shows, I really liked you "booking for the town" and making it fit with your storylines. Also Sabu and Dragon playing hide and seek could have some longevity in it.

Ric Flair for King of the Ring. Hes won damn near everything else, give him that like Harley Race spent his last year as "The King", have Flair spend the year as "King" Flair.

I'm liking the feud between Sabu and The Dragon, It gives Sabu something fresh to do for right now. As for KOTR, I don't want someone like Flair or Corino to win. I'd like to see Al Snow win it. I'm hoping The Brooklyn Bad Boyz win the battle royal and get to feud with the Twins.

user posted image

May 4rd, 1998

Monday Night Raw-

Channel: USA Network - Prime Time

Venue: The Cincinnati Cineplex – Cincinnati, OH

Attendance: 7,456

Announcing Team: Joey Styles & Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan

Referee Team: Bill Alfonso, Mike Chioda, Dave Hebner, Shane McMahon, Jimmy Korderas, Joey Marella, John Finnegan, Jim Mollineaux

By

Dave Schmeltzer

Raw on 5/2 began with a wide shot of the tag teams in the ring, ready to begin the Battle Royal for a shot at the Crimson’s. Within seconds the bell rang, and Joey Styles and Bobby Heenan opened the show at the start of the match.

– Barry’s still got it -

Barry & Terry win the Tag Team Battle Royal, earning a shot at the WWF Tag Team Championship

Battle Royal Entrants: The Wild Outlaws (Bobby Duncum Jr. & Kendall Windham), The Space Croppers (Rhyno & Devon Storm), The Dudley Boyz (Big Dick & Spike), The Brooklyn Bad Boyz (Senerca & Kama), Barry & Terry (Barry Horowitz & Terry Taylor), The Warriors Of Doom (Horace Hogan & The Renegade Warrior), The Orient Express (Kato & Tanaka)

After running down the advertised card Styles mentioned that he will interview Brian Christopher Lawler, right after this match. Heenan joked, and said “Yea, I hear he’s in a wheelchair and can’t move his arms, legs, and he can’t see, plus he’s lost all of his tooth, not that he had any to begin with.

First elimination came at 3:22 during a slugfest between Kendall Windham & Kato, of the Orient Express. Kato, after a brainbuster, quickly went to the top rope and belted Windham with a missile dropkick. Surprisingly, that’s all that was needed for the pin. Kato started jumping up in celebration. Unfortunately Renegade Warrior was right behind him, and put him into a Gorilla Press Slam. After holding Kato up for some reaction, he finally tossed him over the top. Poor Akio Sato, looked as if he landed on his head. Peter Senerca went on a suplex rampage which woke up the crowd midway into the match, but was blindsided by a Bobby Duncum Jr. lariat, which sent him sailing out of the ring. Senerca, infuriated, hopped right back into the ring, and went on another suplex rampage. Devon Storm, Spike Dudley, Terry Taylor, and Windham all went sailing. Crowd loved this, gave Senerca a huge ovation, and was calm for the rest of the match. Warriors of Doom saw elimination as Rhyno Starr charged his running spear to Big Dick Dudley, but Dudley moved causing Hogan to get the spear, and tumble out of the ring. It should be noted here that Louie Dangerously, known to WWF fans as the heel Dangerously impersonator who does colour on the British PPV’s, was out in Dudley wear, with a sign that red ‘Sign Guy Dudley’. Dudley’s were the last with Horowitz and Taylor. Interesting finish, here. At 14:33, Taylor went up to the top rope to nail Big D. Dudley (as they refer to him on RAW) with his knee-drop finisher. But Big D moved out of the way and planted Taylor with a chokeslam. With one hand, he lifted Taylor to his feet, by his neck – and eventually over the top rope and onto the arena floor. Big D Dudley began celebrating. But, meanwhile, on the other side of the ring, Barry Horowitz just nailed Spike a cranium kick, eliminating him as he fell through the second rope and out of the ring. The bell rang, as both Big D and Horowitz were ‘celebrating’. After several minutes, the referees Joey Morella, Mike Chioda, Jim Mollineaux, and John Finnegan huddled to discuss their decision. According to the refs, it was Horowitz’s elimination that stood, because that elimination came just a second before Big D Dudley’s elimination. Barry Horowitz & Terry Taylor get a shot at the WWF Tag Team Titles.

Overall: 59

Crowd: 56

Match: 63

-ADVERTS-

Coming out of the break, Joey Styles was standing in the middle of the ring, absorbing his usual ‘Oh My Gawd’ chant. Styles directed everyone’s attention to the Titan Tron where they recapped the footage from the Dibiase attack on the Lawlers. They mentioned that it was powerbomb into neckbreaker tag team maneuver by Rev. Devon & The Gladiator that contributed to the neck ligaments being torn. Sandman’s cane’s shot also contributed to that and a badly lacerated head.

Styles" At this time, still recovering from that brutal attack, please welcome – Brian Christopher Lawler!"

Christopher came out to a great pop, and was sporting a BCL UNIVERSITY Tee. He came out in crutches, and had tape around his chest, and across his forehead.

Styles" Christopher…I..it’s hard to see you like this. No man deserved what Ted Dibiase orchestrated last week on Monday Night RAW."

Christopher [*pauses as “BCL” chants begin.*]" I’m lucky right now to be standin’! I lay in the hospital bed all last week, and I kept sayin’ to myself ‘I can’t miss RAW! I can’t miss RAW’ I wanted to be here, tonight, even if I had to be carried here! [*crowd cheers*] But, my Father ain’t doin’ as good. And Dibiase, you say my Father got what he deserved? My Father has a passion for wrestling! And that is why he did what he did! But Dibiase, you’re gonna get it!"

Styles" Now while Dibiase obviously orchestrated this, with the help his hired thugs, and Brutus Beefcake, the people that did the most damage wereThe Big Bossman & The Sandman."

Christopher" Lemme tell ya somethin’ about Big Bossman! All he is is a yes-man. A mindless henchman! When I was with him and Dibiase, he was the one shining my shoes! [*crowd cheers*] And The Sandman! This drunk, and his sidekick, ‘The Barber’..lemme tell ya somethin’, any time anywhere, you wanna hit me with a stick…we can do it anytime one on one, punk! [*crowd cheers*]"

Styles" Now, I think this is very clear, it seems that you’re Father’s biggest adversaries are out to get you"

Christopher" That’s where ya got it wrong, Styles! ‘Cause they ain’t out to get me. I’m out to get them! [*Crowd cheers*]"

The Ebony Experience (Booker T & Stevie Ray) w/ Lady Jacqueline d. Curt Hennig & Ray Rougeau

Both Hennig and Rougeau look worse each time they’re out. Stevie Ray and Rougeau were in there for the longest, and looked just awful. Ray won with the flapjack at 9:01. Lady Jacqueline held up those two giant mirrors, as the Ebony Experience posed.

Overall: 69

Match: 68

Match: 71

Stevie Ray gained overness from this match. Booker T gained overness from this match. Lady Jacqueline is losing overness because of her weak gimmick.

-ADVERTS-

– The Brian Revolution -

Brian d. Simon Diamond

Looks like Brian James is serious about this revolution. He came to the ring waiving a giant “B” flag; Crowd enjoyed it. Simon Diamond looked bewildered.. Brian won with the pump-handle slam, that he calls the B-Bomb, at 10:01. Not a bad match. After the match, Brian grabbed the mic, and said, “ All I care about is the T.O.P. of the P.O.T!

Overall: 68

Crowd: 67

Match: 70

-ADVERTS-

– Pritchard, Inoki & WWF Triple Crown Champion Tenzan -

After the break, Sean Mooney, made a rare in ring appearance interviewing Barry Horowitz. Mooney commended him on his tough WWF Tile defense at Wrestlemania. He also began to push Horowitz as having a ‘successful’ WWF career, being also a two-time WWF Tag Team Champion, with Alex Porteau. Finally, Mooney congratulated Horowitz on winning the WWF Tag Team battle royal, earlier on with Terry Taylor. Mooney asked if this could be the next successful tag team, much like the success that Horowitz saw in THE CARTEL, with Alex Porteau. As Horowitz began to answer, out came the man whom managed THE CARTEL; Bruce Pritchard. Pritchard was accompanied by Antonio Inoki, still sporting head tape selling Paulie Dangerously’s phone shot. Pritchard told Mooney to get out of the ring because he was tired of hearing his lip service to Horowitz. I think we all were. Pritchard told Horowitz that the only reason he he was ever successful is because Pritchard guided him to success. Pritchard said that that team were two of the worst wrestlers that he ever managed, taking a shot at a guy who’s feuding with New Jack in 21st Century Wrestling, Alex Porteau. Pritchard added that their longest title reign was 3 weeks and a half. With the final one being two days. Pritchard told Horowitz that his WWF Triple Crown title reign was a fluke As Pritchard continued to yell and scream, Tenzan emerged from the curtain running down the isle. He handed his belts to Inoki, and chopped Horowitz in the back of the head. After several kicks to the back of the head, Tenzan came off the ropes with some heabutts. Tenzan followed up with 5 T.T.D’s, getting the crowd going nuts. By the fourth T.T.D. the fans were almost cheering Tenzan. Inoki clapped in support ,as Tenzan took his time going up to the top turnbuckle. Tenzan gave the cut-throat sign and planted his Tenzan DDT, causing Horowitz to break into all sorts of spasms. Tenzan wasn’t done. He then put Horowitz into his elevated Boston Crab as Pritchard screamed once more.

Pritchard

Paulie Dangerously, let this also be a message to you! And let this also be a message to the rest of the World Wrestling Federation! You see, Antonio Inoki and I had the plan of leading a competitive good spirited Champion! But you see, that all changed when Paulie Dangerously attacked THIS MAN! [*pointing to Inoki*] You see, because now…now you’re going to get the beast, Tenzan! Now you’re going to get the monster, Tenzan! Now you’re going to get a wrestler who will not let one wrestler get within seeing range of the WWF Triple Crown Title! You wanna send messages! Well, we’ll keep sendin’ these messages if that’s the way you wanna play, Dangerously!”

With that Inoki ordered ring attendants to ‘ring the bell’ signifying Horowitz’s ‘submission’. Horowitz was screaming in agony that he ‘gives up’ as Tenzan continued to hold him in that elevated crab. After the ‘victory’, Inoki & Horowitz’s raised Tenzan’s hand, before Tenzan gave another headbutt. Finally Terry Taylor came out and chased out the trio.

Overall: 76

Crowd: 85

Match: 58

-ADVERTS-

– WWF King Of The Ring Qualifying Match -

Steve Corino d. ‘The Genius’ Lanny Poffo

Interesting match here. The Genius began with constantly cartwheeling to avoid the lockup. Poffo started off strong, but Corino quickly gained the upper hand, countering a DDT with a reverse atomic drop. At 8:43, after a ref bump, Poffo crawled over to his staff, and got up concealing it from Corino. He tried to hit him, but Corino ducked and caught him with a shot to the chest knocking him off his feet. Corino then picked up the staff and whacked Poffo, popping the crowd. After a Dusty elbow, referee Shane McMahon recovered, and counted the three on Poffo.

Overall: 75

Crowd: 83

Match: 59

Right after the match Sean Mooney interviewed ‘Mr. Everything’ Andrew Martin and Francine in the back corridor. He informed Mr. Everything that he would be facing Brian Christopher, next week on RAW in a King Of The Ring Qualifier. Francine said that finally her man will be King, and promised that he would defeated everyone in the tournament with ease.

Yup, nothing like having the valet doing all of the talking. 69%

Mr. Everything lost overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

– Flair’s Upcoming KOTR Qualifying Match -

Coming out the break, they went straight to the back where Sean Mooney was standing in between Mr. Everything and Ric Flair. Martin kept yelling, “keep your eyes off of her!”. Flair was calm and just smiled. After Martin went off, Mooney said that Mr. Everything saw Flair looking at his woman, Francine, as he was coming in for his interview. Flair said that he couldn’t help it if he gets the looks from all of the ladies. Flair talked about the KOTR tournament and his quest to become The King Ric Flair. Flair went on to talk about his main event match with LaFon. He promised to give him a wrestling lesson, Flair-style.

87%

WWF Tag Team Champions The Crimson Twins d. Barry & Terry

Crimson Twins picked up a lot of heat against the two veterans. The story of this match was that Horowitz was banged up from the Tenzan encounter from earlier on. As a result Taylor had to wrestle most of the match, and was quickly exhausted.They nailed Taylor with a Crimson Cold Wave that Taylor barely sold, at 8:33. Taylor kicked out right after the 3-count; Crimsons gave him some parting kicks after the bell. Alfonso hopped around the ring with both titles, as Rusha stood in place with the Crimsons celebrating as they went into the next advert break.

Overall: 78

Crowd: 77

Match: 69

Barry Horowitz lost overness from this match. Terry Taylor lost overness from this match. Tomax gained overness from this match. Xamot gained overness from this match. Terry Taylor didn't really sell very much, which hurt the match rating. The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

-ADVERTS-

Nature Boy’ Ric Flair d Phil LaFon in a KOTR qualifying match

Flair kept yelling ‘The King’ Ric Flair! Woooo!’ throughout the match. The announcers questioned Poffo’s absence from the corner of LaFon. Flair latched on the figure four at 9:45 of a match that dragged on a bit towards the end.

Overall: 78

Crowd: 84

Match: 67

-ADVERTS-

– Sting challenges Tenzan -

Styles and Heenan were about to close the show, when suddenly Sting’s music played on the PA system. Styles promised to stay with this for as long as things developed, as Sting waltzed to the ring. Sting said that he saw Tenzan coming out and beating on Horowitz earlier on in the show. Sting then invited Tenzan to do that to him, before challenging him for the WWF Triple Crown Title.

Sting" …Or how ‘bout this! Ya see Tenzan, when Paulie Dangerously brought me into the WWF some time ago, he brought me in to do a job! He brought me in to beat the best! And, Survivor Series ’97! Shangril-A! The night that I pummeled The Under 30 feet to his doom!! [*crowd cheers*] At the biggest stage of them all! Pinning, the Nature Boy, himself! [*mixture of cheers & booes*] And now…King Of The Ring is on the horizon! Tenzan, I’m challenging you for that WWF Triple Crown Belt!!! Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!"

Crowd popped, as Sting’s music hit as he played to the crowd to end Monday Night Raw. 83%

Commentary Aftermath

Styles" The Stinger!! Has challenged Tenzan for the biggest prize of them all!!"

Heenan" And Sting is right! He has been unstoppable! He was the only man who was able to put The Undertaker away! "

Styles" What an exciting night tonight turned out to be; The return of BCL! Brian Christopher Lawler! Be sure to tune in to Worldwide this Saturday night; for Bobby ‘The Brian’ Heenan, I’m Joey Styles, so long!"

WWF Worldwide Preview!

[*]The Big Bossman vs. Al Snow

[*] THE FIRST ROUND OF THE WWF SUDDEN DEATH MEGATOURNMENT LOTTERY!

[*]And much, much, more!!

Yea, so my first time replying since Mania. It was pretty good. Everyone has already gave you their reason for liking and disliking it. The shows since have been good as well. Now I just wanna know how long before the Javert Scenerio is is out? :)

Sting versus Tenzan is good and I hope you put the belt on Sting. I think then we'll see Oulette finally get his title shot. KOTR is looking good and I think Mr. Everything will pull out the win. Keep up the good work (Y)

Edited by Baby Hewey

*********************************************************************************************

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

PO Box 1228, CA - May 9th, 1998

*********************************************************************************************

Waltman suspended after confrontation with officials

After several weaks of speculation as to why Waltman was suddenly dropped off of TV it was finally revealed that Waltman got into an altercation with head writer JJ Dillon & Mike Rotunda backstage, following Wrestlemania. According to several sources, Waltman felt as if Horowitz purposefully made him look bad, and that the WWF botched his title push. Waltman and Dillon got into a shouting match backstage, eventually leading to Rotunda getting involved. Some say that Rotunda was defending Dillon, while others say that Rotunda was trying to break up the argument. Either way, this scuffle lead to a Waltman suspension by the WWF, which can now explain the Waltman knocks as of late.

Waltman supposedly believes he is not one of  “Lawler’s boys”, and as a result isn’t enjoying the more effective push that Lawler’s son, Brian Christopher, seems to be getting. In an radio interview with local wrestling show “Memphis Grappling”, last week Waltman cited the Brian push as being a direct slap in his face from Bruce Pritchard and Jerry Lawler.

It’s kinda like a clique, kinda like The Cartel all over again. Now we’ve got Brian James, another one of Lawler’s boys, they’ve got taking these pot shots at me…

Waltman went on to rip on the WWF’s TV product saying it’s the worst that it’s ever been in years, which is very far from the truth. He also announced that he won’t be at King Of The Ring from the Osaka Dome, in Osaka Japan, or any Pay Per View this year.

In other WWF news, Lee, who at the start of the year was the top face in the WWF, is expected to miss at least 7 months in rehab. By the time he returns, most expect him to return as The Undertaker, though nothing is certain. Paul Ellering has been reported as injuring his neck at Wrestlemania, which should leave the Warriors Of Doom without a manager for the rest of the year. And finally, in GWF news, VegaDust has been sent down to the GWF after his less than thrilling debut with George ‘The Animal’ Steel. Word is that he will get repackaged before being brought up to the WWF, again. Now that Mike Awesome has been brought up, Isaac Yankem DDS (33 year old Glen Jacobs) now enjoys the top heel role feuding with Rico Constantino, a mainstay in the USWA, and GWF for years.

WWF STAFF MEETING/STATE OF THE WWF

May 1998

Staff Attendees [Talent, Morale];

Head Writers

Vince Russo (100,76)

JJ Dillon (70,81)

Katy-Jayne Myers (90,89)

Road Agents

Antonio Inoki (78,87)

Gerald Brisco (100,70)

Jack Lanza (100,86)

Mike Rotunda (95,82),

Ole Anderson (70,90)

Pat Patterson (100,84)

Tony Garea (100,94)

Announcers

Sean Mooney/WWF Worldwide host (67,77)

Joey Styles/WWF Monday Night RAW host (97,93)

Michael PS Hayes (71, 82),

Bobby Heenan/WWF Monday Night RAW colour (75, 83)

Jesse Ventura (98,100)

Eric Bischoff/WWF PHAT TV host (67,72)

Vince McMahon (95,89)

ROSTER

MAIN EVENT

Faces

Steve Corino - 99

Sting - 92

Brian Lee - 96/rehab

Jerry Lawler - 100

Heels

Hiroyoshi Tenzan - 99/WWF Triple Crown Champion

Carl Oulette - 93

Tweeners

Ric Flair - 100

UPPER CARD

Faces

Owen Hart - 86/WWF Intercontinental Champion

Brian Christopher - 95

Mike Barton - 87

Barry Horowitz -95

'Mr. Perfect' Curt Hennig - 88

Heels

The Sandman - 91

'Mr. Everything' Andrew Martin

Waltman - SUSPENDED -85

MIDCARD

Faces

Sabu - 96

Al Snow - 94

Johnny Ace - 87

Terry Taylor - 82

Raymond Rougeau - 68

Kama Mustafa - 83

Peter Senerca - 68

Tweeners

Jim Duggan - 71

Kamala - 82

Heels

The Big Bossman - 85

The Dragon - 80

Tatsumi Fujinami - 79

'The Gladiator' Mike Awesome - 70 (recently brought up from GWF)

'Earthquake' John Tenta - 68

Koko B. Ware - 71

LOWER MIDCARD

Faces

The Renegade Warrior - 71

Chris Jericho - 61

Juventud Guerrera - 48

Hakushi - 53

Rick Steiner - 60

Big D. Dudley - 51

Spike Dudley - 50

Val Venus - 46 (recently brought up from GWF)

Rick Titan - 44 (recently brought up from GWF)

Chaz Taylor - 44 (recently brought up from GWF)

Heels

Hayabusa - 82

Jun Akiyama - 75

Tomax Crimson - 76/WWF Tag Team Champion

Xamot Crimson - 78/WWF Tag Team Champion

Hunter Hearst Helmsley - 68

Lance Storm - 73

Phillip LaFon - 78

Booker T - 55

Stevie Ray - 58

Rev. Devon - 59 (recently brought up from GWF)

Crush - 65

Christopher Q. Kanyon - 54

Axl Rotten - 44

Bryan Clark - 46

Ballz Mahoney - 49

Butch Reed - 68

Tweeners

CW Anderson - 42

Dr. Tom Pritchard - 52

Jack Victory - 58

OPENERS

Faces

Don Frye - 70

"Road Dogg" Brian James - 70

Rocky Kavanna - 65

Horace Hogan - 68

Devon Storm - 63

Rhyno Starr - 65

Doug Furnas - 61

Jim Powers - 53

Tweener

Dlo Brown - 49

John Kronus - 53

Simon Diamond - 71

Heel

Damien Demento - 54

Bobby Duncum Jr. - 48 (recently brought up from GWF)

Kendall Windham - 50 (recently brought up from GWF)

Christian Belmont (Christian Cage/Brood gimmick) - 48 (recently brought up from GWF)

Gangrel (Brood gimmick) - 42 (recently brought up from GWF)

Scott Taylor - 48

Pat Tanaka - 45

Kato - 40

Doink (Matt Borne) - 47

WWF Woman's Division

Bull Nakano - 55/WWF Women's Champion

Rusha - 55

Noji Akuto - 57

Lady SPEED - 65

Masanabanwenchaznoria - 67

Dustine Rhoades - 62

Bertha Faye - 45

Groupie - 31

Developement -GWF

-CONFIDENTIAL-

Sucks that Waltman got suspended, The roster looks good and there's a few people there that I totally forgot about. Damn, Snow and Sabu are way too over to be in midcard. I bet in EWR the writers say they're not being pushed enough right?

Also, When you post news stuff like you did with Waltman, Could you make the text a tad smaller?

Liking it Javert as always (ok.. like most of the time). It kills me to think how many years youve played through, and at the same time thats why I continue to be fascinated with this game. The onlgest EWR game I played was my WWF 93 diary which went a year and a half. To do this length of time is phenomanle (sp?)

PUSH the Earthquake! Think about it. Tenzan on the warpath... hes a good sized guy with enormous power who can reaaally go. Sell it that he can hit his "TTD" on anybody... then Earthquake wins the King of the Ring enjoying a short monster push towards summerslam. Sort of a Yoko/Luger feud but with the roles reversed in that the fat dude is the face. I miss John Tenta... *sniffle*. He was/is my all time favourite superheavyweight, tied with Vader.

Really Amazing how long this thing has gone without you getting bored. Why did you let Bret's Career end that way? :( It kind of is the same way Vince Screwed Bret just without the unknowing end. Vince is a bastard :devil: he makes me sick :puke: Bret is the best of all time. (Y) (H):D:w00t: PERIOD!!!!