Chart Wars 3

thatshortguy

I've gotta say...yowza. This was much better than I expected, and I've got to give it up to Mr. Cooper on a fine piece of work.

The game, although containing a simplistic interface, is really engaging. Case in point, when I created my label (Short Recordings...decided to max everything out in order to see what it was like to be at the top), I didn't expect to do more than albums/tours/etc.

Wrong-o.

As of right now, Pearl Jam are touring with labelmates 2 Second Pause & White Buffalo (PJ scored a 4x platinum album while White Buffalo scored a platinum album worldwide thanks to the tour.) Meanwhile, The Delgados -- fresh off a gold single and album worldwide -- are recording a new album, while the 22-20s and Clinic are doing the same. Once they are finished, they'll cinch up the wagons with labelmates Ash for a worldwide tour. On top of all this, I'm in a bidding war against Sony for Talib Kweli (although I really don't want to dip into other label's talent pools for supporting acts, I may have to since nobody else fits in with TK.)

Add onto all this that PJ were nominated for a Grammy for Best Rock Song (The Lover's Waltz...which, even though randomly generated, is SO a Pearl Jam title), Ash have been invited to play Bonaroo with PJ and a slew of others. The Delgados, 2 Second Pause, and 22-20s have been invited to Download, and I get the sneaking suspicion that Pearl Jam will be invited to Lollapalloza.

Yikes. This is a deep'un, boys'n'girls...'n'ilykit.

Chart wars 3 is pretty good i dunno though I can't get started on it without getting bored maybe if I download a mod or something for it might make me want to play it more

The game's riddled with bugs, but some do help you, like that one...I made Green Day go on a world tour, and for some reason, Ashlee Simpson had the same exact schedule as Green Day, even though I haven't done anything to her (that sounded dirty <_<). Of course, that meant extra revenue.

Edited by ladydavinator

I used to play this all the time until i re-booted my PC and now i aint missing it much so i wont bother with it for the time being. I had signed a few big names and was on the rise quite nicely. I heard bad things about the editor though so i didnt bother using it

Guest Booker T & The MG's

I like the game, but I echo the voice for an alternative update there a few very notable bands, acts and festivals etc absent, but I can see why there isn't, the bugs are very annoying.

The only thing about the game I dislike is the lack of stat updates, the original data is pretty off-center sometimes and I'd like to have some more obscure artists and bands in the game.

Oh yeah forgot about the editor it it would work most of the time I could add soem bands and what not but it always crashes . Maybe Mr. Cooper will update it sometime , I think now he's working on a multiplayer chartwars like game for cellphones

Actually, the only bugs I have come across are in the Editor. The game itself has run like a charm, and any odd occurances I can usually trace back to something I've done to make it occur.

Lost the bidding war on Talib, unfortunately. So I went on a rampage and signed a few acts. While not an official festival, I have created the Shortcase Festival consisting of every band of my label. Pearl Jam is headlining, A Perfect Circle is second on the bill, followed by Black Eyed Peas, Ash, Blackilicious, Muse, etc. etc.

I'll teach those bastards at Sony to sign away my shortlisted talent.

I noticed some that were complete but the links were dead , if Mr. cooper would either fix up the editor make it user friendly or post how to do everything in it and maybe make it so you can merge the mods together

Guest Red Devil

I love this game when playing as a normal compnay but when you have to start your own it's too damn hard. Every single time i try i lose the £1 million very quickly and go into debt which for some reason i can't get out of. Anyone have any tips/bands that will help you be a success with your own label?

I love this game when playing as a normal compnay but when you have to start your own it's too damn hard. Every single time i try i lose the £1 million very quickly and go into debt which for some reason i can't get out of. Anyone have any tips/bands that will help you be a success with your own label?

Not enough electronica acts....But that's what the editor is for.

I started the game up expecting loads of made up groups then suddenly realised that the majority are real groups, so stunned I signed Ladytron much to my delight and then proceeded to pump them as much as I can.

I think I will need to edit some groups in though to make it more entertaining for me.

I like the way that some groups in the UK never seem to break into the US and loads of rnb acts in the US never chart in the UK.

Radiohead released an album that went platinum in it's first week and outsold everyone else by about 12 times in the UK.

However at the Smash Hits awards in the UK, Blink 182 were up for loads of stuff. Some times they went up to accept their awards, some times they weren't there so did a video link....That wasn't so slick.

It takes ages to load too.

But overall, it's pretty decent. Slightly fan-boy though as some groups should have higher/lower ratings.

And Bjork should be cheaper so I can sign her....