Slipknot Who?

tristy

British tabloid The Sun is reporting SLIPKNOT are in talks to record the theme tune to the classic TV "Doctor Who" show when it makes its comeback on BBC by year's end. "I'm so excited 'Doctor Who''s coming back," drummer Joey Jordison said. "It's a great show, wild and exciting. I watched it as a kid and it freaked me out. I'm 29 now and it was only a couple of years ago that I figured out what was going on."

According to Jordison, SLIPKNOT are such "Doctor Who" fanatics, they have even dedicated "Prelude", a track on their new album, "Vol. 3 (The Subliminal Verses)", to the show.

Joey added: "It's weird timing that Who's coming back after so long because 'Prelude' is based on the theme. It's our way of saying this album's going to take you on a wild, messed-up journey."

I don't know what to say. I've never seen Doctor Who..and it seems I never will, so...yeah.

You british people are fucked up. Getting Slipknot to redo a TV theme. Psh.

They're not even Slipknot anymore.. they're SlipSour. :\

Even if that were true, I'd have a hard time justifying how that's a bad thing. Stone Sour's first album was bad ass.

As for this story, if Mike Patton taught us anything, it's that a loud cover of a non loud tune can be cool.

Do you mean 'Message in a Bottle'?

Indeed it was "Message In A Bottle"...on their album "Burning Red" (arguably my favorite from the group).

There's also a cool cover of the song done live by No Doubt, Brandon Boyd, and Mike Einzinger. Boyd sounds so much like Mr. Sumner on the track, it's scary.

Even if that were true, I'd have a hard time justifying how that's a bad thing. Stone Sour's first album was bad ass.

As for this story, if Mike Patton taught us anything, it's that a loud cover of a non loud tune can be cool.

Don't get me wrong, I like Stone Sour but Slipknot is totally different. They're new album has like 75% Stone Sour-esque songs and maybe 1-2 Slipknot songs.

Lol, ah yes, the Murderdolls, they're kinda like Axl Rose & The GnR tribute band, but this is more the Wednesday 13 and Frankenstein Dragqueens From The Planet 13 tribute band. 70% of their debut album was old FDFTP13 stuff. Although, I have to give the MD drummer credit for twatting Dani Filth at the Kerrang awards last year and getting him thrown out of the venue, damn funny. :P

Edited by fourstarfizzle