ATP Masters Series in Miami Thread

FLiam

The thing with Federer is, he really doesn't look like stopping this form any time soon.

I mean, he has been in this form for ages and there are no real signs of him stopping, every match I see him play, he is better than the match before. Quite scary really. He is a tennis machine.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharapova  :w00t:

naiwf, weren't you saying sharapova wouldn't win this one?

btw... it's 8:38 pm here. 6 hours difference?

oh... and i still think it's still to early to say federer will be the best player ever. Sure, if he keeps this pace he may be. But just give him time.

For every major tournament since last year's Wimbledon I've picked Federer & Sharapova to win. This time, I wanted to be different and went with Serena even though I can't stand her. If she won, my prediction would have been correct. If Maria wins, I'll be happy because she's one of my two favorite female players (Clijsters being the other). It's one of those win/win deals. In any case, I'm hoping Kimmy comes through so the final will be a good one, and again, one of my faves will win no matter what.

Agassi played really well tonight. . . and still lost 6-4, 6-3. I think Nadal might be able to give Federer a run, but I wouldn't put money on it even going three sets. Hopefully Clijsters/Sharapova will deliver the goods though.

I tried to stay up and watch the Federer match but I was too tired after my own tennis match (won 6-1, 6-0 and then lost 7-6, 6-7, 6-3) so yeah - I needed my rest.

Either way, Federer and Sharapova will scoop the titles - also if we get one of these topics every Masters Series and Grand Slam - that'd be cool.

Well, I'll make sure to start one everytime. :)

Ace, do you play in a tennis club or just with mates every now and then?

I did go to one, but it sucked, the coach was a muppet and wasn't even that good, and everyone else who went except about 2 people were knobs so I quit. There doesn't seem to be many others around, except one in the next town which costs a bomb and I don't have any money at the moment.

Edited by efiL4renooG

I am in two clubs but nothing has been done with them due to the floods so there is only one court I can use from both. I get individual coaching twice a week by my coach who is very qualified etc. so there are no worries there, I try to have hits with some friends I know through tennis but people I make friends with often live away from the city so I can't which sucks.

Fortunately I'm good friends with the best female in the U12's in the country, U14's in the county and can beat quite a lot of people in the U16's and U18's in the county which is good. So yeah.

Either way I'm not a rich upper class player and instead play regularly and intensely (not tapping the ball back and forth) so yeah. I travel the county playing using the LTA ratings since the start of the new season (March) i've began playing my best tennis of my life. So before that I couldn't really win because of my mentality, blah blah blah.

I've tried to enter some clay court tournaments one is in Middlesborough and one is in Oxford but I don't think I'll get accepted because I don't have a high enough rating. The club you were in sounds like one I know - this is where the tournament I just played was at - and they're the biggest in the county and have loads of members, yet there more or less a middle class club where 70 year old lawyers and doctors go and hit the ball to each other.

Yeah - If you didn't understand bits just say and I'll try and clear them up for you.

Yeh I know. It sucks, in order to go pro, you really need to start when your about 6, and hell, that means getting your parents to do it for you, if they don't send you to tennis school, you don't become a player, and that is that.

Well, yeh obviously few become pros, but you know what I mean.

Such a hard sport to get into profesionally really.

Does anyone know when the men's final is on UK time? I can't seem to find it in the listings, it is on Sunday yeh?

If it is after 11pm I won't be able to watch it because WrestleMania is on. :angry:

No way is Nadal going to win, even though Nadal was the last person to beat Federer at this tournament it's not going to happen. Not no way, not no how - Federer will win and I have a feeling he is going to cruise it to be honest.