NBA Playoffs Thread

ACCBiggz

There is no way in hell that this series should be tied at 1-1.

Pistons are up by 3 with 10 seconds to go, Lakers have the ball. No timeouts left. Why in the hell isn't Larry Brown in the huddle telling his team to foul whoever to send em to the line? Especially seeing as Kobe didn't shoot that 3 pointer until about 3 seconds left in the game. With about 4 seconds left Rip could have fouled Kobe, and sent him to the line. No he decides to play it out and boom Kobe hits the 3. GODDAMNIT!

On a side note I'm glad that the Pistons aren't my favorite basketball team, because if they were I'd be somewhere crying. Detroit should be up 2-0. But at least they've got the split.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way in hell that this series should be tied at 1-1.

Pistons are up by 3 with 10 seconds to go, Lakers have the ball. No timeouts left. Why in the hell isn't Larry Brown in the huddle telling his team to foul whoever to send em to the line? Especially seeing as Kobe didn't shoot that 3 pointer until about 3 seconds left in the game. With about 4 seconds left Rip could have fouled Kobe, and sent him to the line. No he decides to play it out and boom Kobe hits the 3. GODDAMNIT!

On a side note I'm glad that the Pistons aren't my favorite basketball team, because if they were I'd be somewhere crying. Detroit should be up 2-0. But at least they've got the split.

Is a split worth getting your heart ripped out like they did tonight?

That has got to be the worst officiating I have ever seen. It was worth at least 10 points to the Lakers. How Shaq wasn't called for an intentional when he tried to relieve Ben Wallace of his head is beyond me. Not to mention the foul called when Payton tripped over his own feet. This game will cost the Pistons the series. I can't see them getting up for the rest of the series after this loss.

I don't think the Pistons heart has been ripped out. They gave the Lakers a good game at home, took them to overtime. We should be lucky to have the series split right? The Pistons have won big games throughout the Playoffs, and all I'm saying is that there is alot more basketball to be played.

No team since the NBA has gone to the 2-3-2 format has won all three at home.

Detroit's going to lose Game 3, and probably Game 5.

Lakers in six, just like I predicted in the beginning.

EDIT:

Once again, people bitch about the officiating. Get off that shit already.

Oh,and Pac, since when have you had an educated opinion. I don't even think Pistons Homers will say they'll win the next 3.

I hate Laker Haters.

Edited by sycodmn

Hopefully Detroit will be able to shake this loss off. It's not like they didn't have a chance to win the game. It wasn't like the Fisher thing. Detroit blew it's chances to get a game winning shot and Detroit blew it in Overtime. I'm sure Coach Brown and playing in front of the Motor City Faithful will have them more then ready for Game 3.

Guest PacaVeli777

oh now that Detroit loses by 9 and its like your saying they suck? LA lost by 12, whats up with there old ass.

Go ahead and give the Pistons the rings, i mean nobody expected them to win game 1, most people expected it to be a sweep, they are just a better all-around team, Malone's not doing shit, whats Payton doin these days. like Luke Waltons gonna even play anymore, its Shaq & Kobe vs. The Pistons, and in Detroit, if you take LA your simply too hooked to the Lakers...

Ask the better coach, Larry Brown.

I feel like a whore in this thread.

Why ask Larry Brown? He wasn't on the floor at the time and I'm sure he couldn't yell to his team FOUL Shaq. That's something the players just should have known to do in that type of situation. Oh well you live and learn.

Edited by SeanB

oh now that Detroit loses by 9 and its like your saying they suck? LA lost by 12, whats up with there old ass.

Go ahead and give the Pistons the rings, i mean nobody expected them to win game 1, most people expected it to be a sweep, they are just a better all-around team, Malone's not doing shit, whats Payton doin these days. like Luke Waltons gonna even play anymore, its Shaq & Kobe vs. The Pistons, and in Detroit, if you take LA your simply too hooked to the Lakers...

Did you watch tonight's game?

They looked dead, just like San Antonio did. I think their done. They won a game in LA, congratulations, they didn't look as dominant as LA did in overtime, and LA never gave up.

And after tonight, I'm pretty sure Walton will play, hell, he might even start.

Why ask Larry Brown? He wasn't on the floor at the time and I'm sure he couldn't yell to his team FOUL Shaq. That's something the players just should have known to do in that type of situation. Oh well you live and learn.

My ass. Their was a time out before the play. If he didn't tell his team to foul Shaq if he touched the ball, then he's a moron.

Stop making excuses. Detroit choked and then rolled over.

Edited by sycodmn