'GAME' Chart Deal.

Summers

You shouldn't be comparing it to Pro Evo, dipshit. If you're after a serious football game, go elsewhere.

You're off my Christmas card list. :angry:

The first FIFAs had false names, I remember it pretty well, as I was 12 at the time and my mate had the first FIFA on Mega Drive and I went round his house on average once a week.

The thing is, EA get lazy, VERY lazy.

NBA Street - excellent

NFL Street (or whatever it's called) - also very good

FIFA Street - poor

Basically I think Madden and NBA Live are both excellent franchises in their own rights. The "full size" games are polished in presentation (don't care about) but also GAMEPLAY. Therefore by pulling it down and making it a bit more zany, you already have a very solid base to build upon.

For FIFA Street, when you pull FIFA apart you realise the base is shaky.

People buy FIFA because it's a long running franchise, has a recogniseable name and cover, is heavily advertised, has all the real names and kits (Which Pro Evo is starting to get the rights for now) and decent commentary. FIFA I guess is more "thrilling" in that you can get 8-7 victories and thirty yard drives every twenty minutes.

Pro Evo is the kind of game where a 1-0 victory, scoring a bundled own goal from two yards, is infinitely more thrilling and more satisfying.

Anyway back to FIFA Street, lack of Holland is unforgiveable.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

m'laddo.

I'm 24 years old.

I have lived in England that entire time.

During this time I began playing football as a child, playing at each different school level up to the first eleven at my secondary school.

I have played on since then, playing every sunday evening and sometimes monday evening too, I'm affiliated with one of those power league teams you may have heard about.

Since childhood I have played ludicrously large numbers of football games, from management games with my cousins on their Spectrums, to on my own Amstrad, to the first Sensible Soccer on my Amiga, Striker, Kick Off, Actua Soccer, FIFA (from the first to the most present), This Is Football, ISS, Pro Evo.

I was a big fan of the early FIFA games. I played them for hours but even then got a bit annoyed as to how there were "Hot Spots" to score from and you could stand your attacker in front of the goalie and he'd kick it into you and you could score.

In gameplay terms, FIFA is far from the best game.

My life and childhood has taken me from playing football games where players are represented by SQUARES with the ball being a smaller square, right up until now. It has been part of my upbringing and believe me, graphics and polish are unimportant.

Indeed, Sensible Soccer (an unrealistic game if you're going to look at it like that) is still probably my second favourite series behind Pro Evolution.

Yes I have a hatred of FIFA games but no it isn't blind. I play the new FIFA games when they come out and balance them as a game on their own before balancing them against the games they're out alongside (This Is Football, Pro Evo etc). The reason I hate FIFA games is that millions of little seven year olds who don't know better are bought them for £40 a shot and think it's the ultiamte football game when it is well regarded by EVERYONE in the gaming media and reviewers that Pro Evolution is the superior football game.

If you have just played a world cup in Pro Evo on maximum difficulty with a couple of mates, lost your first group game, won the second and needed a win to qualify for the next round....You're drawing 0-0 with a minute to play and then due to 20 in-game minutes of pressure, you snatch a late own goal for victory to take you through, that's what real football is all about and that's what Pro Evo provides.

FIFA isn't about real football, it's a bit of a freak show and for that I can't appreciate it.

I'd rather win 1-0 in Pro Evo than 10-9 in FIFA. If you keep scoring 30 yard screamers every few minutes it can only numb you.

30 yard screamers in Pro Evo are rare, as they are in real football, and when they come they're pure catharsis.

S'alright Summers, Power League ain't that much fun. Everyone seems to have some kind of view that they're one step away from the Premiership.

Yeah you see screamers every week but you don't see five or six in every game do you?

dragon27 I'm still talking about FIFA Football yeah, the spiritual father of FIFA Street. The problem with Street is that it's even worse than FIFA. The controls are sloppy and clumsy, the tricks don't give the thrill that they're supposed to, the commentary is just stupid, music poor and the 'attitude' they've tried to get just doesn't work.

There, I'm onto the subject of Street now.

A bundled own goal in a from two yards in a 1-0 victory is more thrilling than a 15-goal scorefest filled with 30 yarders?! Suppose it depends on what kind of football you like :\

I'd have liked to see Holland on FIFA Street too, but it's not a huge problem, other good sides in the game. I'd like to see them do a FIFA Street UK or something, with Premiership teams.

The point some people seem to be missing, is that CSAMH isn't talking about FIFA Street as the same thing as FIFA Football, but its the same premise, made by the same company (well, the offshot of the company), and is hyped big time as another extension to the FIFA/EA brand. FIFA games are poor, and when you strip them down, they don't have the solid base to make FIFA Street really any good.

Also, alldawson, yeah, I'd take a bundled own goal 1-0 win over a 10-9 filled with 30 yard screamers any day. It's called justification...you try hard in Pro Evo, and you'll squeeze that goal that gives you the 2-1 lead in the 90th minute....you try hard in FIFA, you end up scoring 7 30 yarders, and it soon becomes tedious.

A bundled own goal in a from two yards in a 1-0 victory is more thrilling than a 15-goal scorefest filled with 30 yarders?! Suppose it depends on what kind of football you like :\

Yes. I like realism you see, not some fake shit. When do you see teams scoring 15 goals a game? Barely ever.

I wasn't talking about FIFA then. I meant in real life. You'd rather watch a boring 1-0 with a scrappy goal than a 15-goal thriller? :wacko:

PGA Street! Ooooh you're onto something there.

"Hiply" dressed zany golfers hopping around urban landscapes hammering brightly coloured and editable golf balls around using clubs, hockey sticks, canes and other objects, smashing windows, knocing over old ladies and making cars crash to some kind of ghetto gangsta soundtrack. :shifty:

dragon...For realism I was talking about FIFA.

Of course scores in FIFA Street are gonna be more like five-a-side scores with more 7-5 scorelines.

You were right when you used the word "Outrageous" It's outrageous that they can sell such a badly playing game as that for £40.

alldawson some of the most exciting games I've ever watched have been 1-0, 1-1 or 2-1. It's about the atmosphere and the attitude of the match. If you've been sitting through a nailbiting 0-0 until the 8th minute before your team bundles one in to go into the lead, it's one of the more thrilling releases of tension and excitement.

Also, 15 goals a game isn't realistic and so there's no real chance of seeing many matche slike that in real life.

You're not funny, don't try to be. It's obvious you're not interested in anything but a realistic football sim, so you shouldn't have even bothered with FIFA Street, as it's obvious what it is from the outset. It's not a badly playing game, it's good fun, specially with a bunch of mates.

alldawson some of the most exciting games I've ever watched have been 1-0, 1-1 or 2-1. It's about the atmosphere and the attitude of the match. If you've been sitting through a nailbiting 0-0 until the 8th minute before your team bundles one in to go into the lead, it's one of the more thrilling releases of tension and excitement.

Also, 15 goals a game isn't realistic and so there's no real chance of seeing many matche slike that in real life.

Are you going to actually read my posts properly? I said a boring 1-0, not a 1-0 full of exciting action. And I'm not saying 15 goals in a game is realistic! I said I'd enjoy a 15-goal thriller more than a boring 1-0.

Are you going to actually read my posts properly? I said a boring 1-0, not a 1-0 full of exciting action. And I'm not saying 15 goals in a game is realistic! I said I'd enjoy a 15-goal thriller more than a boring 1-0.

Well, obviously. But when he first mentioned that, he wasn't talking about a boring 1-0....so your point was kinda mute by changing it.

Well, obviously. But when he first mentioned that, he wasn't talking about a boring 1-0....so your point was kinda mute by changing it.

Thankyou kindly sir.

A boring 1-0 is no fun, but then again when you're playing Pro Evo even a 0-0 is never boring. It's tactical, and even if there's not many chances it's usually a great midfield battle.

In real life no-one likes a boring 1-0 but then again some 4-3's are laughable in how badly the players are playing.

Yes. I like realism you see, not some fake shit. When do you see teams scoring 15 goals a game? Barely ever.