'GAME' Chart Deal.

Summers

The Channel 4 teletext games page reviewed Fifa Street today, it got 3/10. I particually found some of the commentary listed amusing:

"that goalkeeper is a proper rude boy!"

Edited by Sally Jessy Raphael

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are the graphics terrible?

And you're talking as if this game is part of the FIFA Football series, which it isn't. Compare FIFA to PES all you want, but this is a different game. You're saying it isn't realistic, yet all the tricks in the game can be done in real life. This isn't even supposed to be a realistic football game like PES and FIFA Football. You need to pull your head out of your ass and look past the general thought that 'all FIFA games are crap'. This one isn't.

Yo yo yo it's ghetto aigh'?

It ain't no biyatch yo y'naw wh' ah talkin' bow...

The controls on FIFA have and always will be like trying to turn an oil tanker.

Now turning an oil tanker on a full sized football pitch is frustrating.

Turning one on a four a side pitch is infuriorating...

Perhaps I'm just used to actually getting a decent amount of player feedback and speed from Pro Evo. Never been a fan of FIFA and this goes no way to win me back.

EA should team up with Reebok (Or RBK or whatever the hell they call themselves now) and that would just about sum up their attempts at being "street" or something...

Just picking up on Fifa being as realistic as PES?!

I'll approach this scientifically.....

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And graphically I actually prefer Pro Evo's sheen to FIFA's slightly-too-large heads..And in FIFA if you head outside the Premier teams, the players don't look anything like real life counterparts (Gillingham's "similarities" are just a joke)

You want to argue. Come through me.

Having said that, the first FIFA was good back in 1992 or whenever it was, on Megadrive...You could edit the players back then too...

As Drags said, you're basing your opinion on the FIFA Football series, yet this is a completely different style of game. Hell, it's not even EA Sports, it's EA BIG, which produces a different style of game. It's not supposed to replicate football like FIFA or PES. Much more entertaining in my view.

I think the whole idea of FIFA Street was just to make it unrealistic and just make it appeal differently to other football games - it's probably the furthest they could go from your basic football games without making it a complete joke.

I haven't played it - and I don't intend on buying it, although I'll play it if I get a chance - either way Pro Evo beats the pants of FIFA Football Games (other than street) so we don't need to go down this road again.

Most people will buy a FIFA Football Game rather than PES because it's "FIFA" and will just say hows its great and so much greater than PES. etc.

I can see i'm going off topic a bit (like we weren't anyways) but yes - I don't think much of the FIFA games so thats probably why I don't get Fifa Street - and the fact I have no money but sometime down the line I might change my mind and purchase it. Meh.

I don't think much of the FIFA games so thats probably why I don't get Fifa Street

As has been said numerous times already, it's not a game in the FIFA Football series. Just because it has 'FIFA' in the name doesn't make it bad, and you shouldn't judge it before you've played it just because of that.

I've never rented a game in my life and I don't want to spend my money on something I may not like. If its not "FIFA Football" why have the "FIFA" name? (That's curiosity, not ignorance.) I said I might change my mind but I'm not going to buy the game out of the blue unlike say TimeSplitters: Future Perfect where I had the previous two and liked them both.

I don't really care for football that much now, but Fifa Street is different, which is why I'm contemplating picking it up. However I need to save my money up because I'm going paintballing first - which is this Monday.

FIFA = Fédération Internationale de Football Association

They give EA the rights to use the player names and stuff. If PES had the FIFA rights, it would probably be called FIFA Pro Evolution Soccer or something. If EA weren't allowed to use the FIFA name, it'd just be called Football Street or whatever.

FIFA = Fédération Internationale de Football Association

They give EA the rights to use the player names and stuff. If PES had the FIFA rights, it would probably be called FIFA Pro Evolution Soccer or something. If EA weren't allowed to use the FIFA name, it'd just be called Football Street or whatever.

Which is why This Is Football, Actua Soccer and all the other licensed games have FIFA in thier titles.

Oh wait...no...

And was also why FIFA always had the official license when they called the game FIFA.

Oh wait....no (FIFA 92, 93, and probably more had no license whatsoever).

Basically, FIFA is now a franchise EA name. Using it (as can be seen in this very covnersation) is for the game to be linked with the FIFA Football franchise (and the "quality" of the past product). People will buy FIFA Street based on the fact its a FIFA game, and its an EA sports game, which is why they put FIFA in the name.

Using the FIFA name in the title is a marketing ploy. People will see that they have the rights to the official names and stuff and that attracts a lot of customers. And it may have been part of the deal with FIFA.

Thats what I said. People buy the game because it ties it in with FIFA the series, and FIFA the governing body. Don't tell me if a game has FIFA in it, you aren't instantly going to think of the FIFA Football series?

That's not what I meant. Go back to when no game with FIFA in the title had ever been released. A new game comes out with FIFA in the title, people want to buy it because it's official. I meant people are attracted by FIFA the company, not the EA series.

But as I said in an above post, the first 2 or 3 FIFA games weren't official...they had no players names, just had the countries (unless thats all the license got you those days).

You shouldn't be comparing it to Pro Evo, dipshit. If you're after a serious football game, go elsewhere.

You're off my Christmas card list. :angry:

The first FIFAs had false names, I remember it pretty well, as I was 12 at the time and my mate had the first FIFA on Mega Drive and I went round his house on average once a week.

The thing is, EA get lazy, VERY lazy.

NBA Street - excellent

NFL Street (or whatever it's called) - also very good

FIFA Street - poor

Basically I think Madden and NBA Live are both excellent franchises in their own rights. The "full size" games are polished in presentation (don't care about) but also GAMEPLAY. Therefore by pulling it down and making it a bit more zany, you already have a very solid base to build upon.

For FIFA Street, when you pull FIFA apart you realise the base is shaky.

People buy FIFA because it's a long running franchise, has a recogniseable name and cover, is heavily advertised, has all the real names and kits (Which Pro Evo is starting to get the rights for now) and decent commentary. FIFA I guess is more "thrilling" in that you can get 8-7 victories and thirty yard drives every twenty minutes.

Pro Evo is the kind of game where a 1-0 victory, scoring a bundled own goal from two yards, is infinitely more thrilling and more satisfying.

Anyway back to FIFA Street, lack of Holland is unforgiveable.

A bundled own goal in a from two yards in a 1-0 victory is more thrilling than a 15-goal scorefest filled with 30 yarders?! Suppose it depends on what kind of football you like :\

I'd have liked to see Holland on FIFA Street too, but it's not a huge problem, other good sides in the game. I'd like to see them do a FIFA Street UK or something, with Premiership teams.