Official Aston Villa Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't see the logic in trying to buy Distin. He's good, yes, but you can only play two center halves and somebody out of Distin, Mellberg and Laursen will have to warm the bench. And I can't see any of them doing that. We should just sign some experienced defender to sit on the bench just in case somebody gets injured - Not spend 7m on one.

Wrighty was a little bad ass.

Distin is much better in the center, but I wouldn't take him over Mellberg or Laursen. Hence why I assume he'd be played on the left. He's not worth 7 mil anyway, especially comparing him to Laursen and the price we gaid for him.

We should just sign someone who's better than Ridgewell, who can play on the left, and in the center. Doesn't need to be a big name, our defence - on paper - is fine.

Couldn't you play 3 centre backs with Barry on the left, then De La Cruz or Delaney on the right?

And as for Robbie Keane, he's far from quality IMO - he'll have decent spells here and there, score some great goals, but he really lacks any kind of consistency. Compare him to Defoe at Spurs, and it's probably best he left and we got a replacement.

Alpay wasnt that bad on the pitch, he was just a complete wanker off it.

I always liked him, strangely. Violent bastard, though.

Couldn't you play 3 centre backs with Barry on the left, then De La Cruz or Delaney on the right?

And as for Robbie Keane, he's far from quality IMO - he'll have decent spells here and there, score some great goals, but he really lacks any kind of consistency. Compare him to Defoe at Spurs, and it's probably best he left and we got a replacement.

Keane.. or.. Vas.. HM. Easy choice. I'd have loved to see Keane head our way.

Barry would work as a left wing back, yeah. But would Hughes/Delaney/De la Cruz work as right wing back well?

He is good going forward, and I've always said he works well with Solano when they're attacking together.

But, what about Hughes, who was bought to be the first choice right sided defender? Be a waste of cash, and we're trying to offload De La Cruz, too.