Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread

Lots of complaints to come now, because we escaped a point deduction for next season, however the "I Bet We Will Finish 24th" shirt has now come true. Also, am I reading it right... The administrators are selling to a company headed by Ken Bates... What the fuck is actually happening then?

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relegated Leeds in administration

Dennis Wise and Leeds must look forward to life in League One

Leeds United have been relegated to League One after being deducted 10 points for going into administration.

The 10-point deduction - in accordance with Football League rules - means Leeds will finish the season at the bottom of the Championship.

However, they will not lose any points for the start of their first season in League One in August.

Administrator KPMG has already agreed to sell the club to a newly-formed company led by chairman Ken Bates.

A KPMG statement said: "Shortly after their appointment the joint administrators agreed to sell the business and its assets to a newly formed company.

"This company is called Leeds United Football Club Limited, the directors of which are Ken Bates, Shaun Harvey and Mark Taylor.

"The sale of the club is subject to approval by its creditors, via a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA).

"The creditors' meeting, to consider the CVA, will be held before the end of May. The Football League will also need to approve the sale."

Former Chelsea chairman Bates hailed a new era for the club - but also criticised the old regime for incurring huge debts.

"The action taken brings to an end the financial legacy left by others that we have spent millions of pounds trying to settle," said Bates.

"But the important thing now is not to view this as the end, but the beginning of a new era.

"The financial burden of the past finally pushed the club into administration following the issuing of a winding up petition by HM Revenue & Customs, who will be one of the company's major creditors.

"The other parties who will suffer the biggest financial loss are institutions from which the board arranged funding: Astor Investment Holdings, Krato Trust and Forward Sports Fund who collectively will lose in excess of £22m."

The Football League has confirmed Leeds' 10-point deduction and expressed its disappointment.

"Following confirmation that Leeds United have obtained an administration order, the Football League can confirm that the club has been deducted 10 points from its 2006/07 tally," said head of communications John Nagle.

"Given the recent reduction in the numbers of clubs resorting to formal insolvency proceedings, it is disappointing that Leeds United have had to seek the protection of an administration order.

"Discussions have already begun aimed at establishing how Leeds United intend exiting administration.

"This will have to include complying with the League's insolvency policy under which all 'football debts' must be settled in full."

KPMG revealed Leeds had debts "totalling approximately £35m, with a cash injection of approximately £10m required to continue trading".

It's Leeds settling their financial problems quickly and before they will get penalised for next season I think. I'm happy though, it means we're not bottom at the end of the season, and when we beat Sunderland we will be third bottom.

I think it won't help the other teams in League 1. Let's face it - Healy and the like will fuck off to bigger teams.

:mellow: So, you reckon Leeds are going down to the Rochdale league next year? Or am I reading what you're saying wrong. Wouldn't be surprised to see Healy at Sheff next year, for the record.

Fuck yessss, Goodnight I-fucking-rene.

lol, Stockport. You can win however-many nil you like, but you still can't get promoted.

So lets see, we've deprived Hartlepool of the title, beaten Swindon... surely Lincoln (who we drew with a few weeks ago and the Dons or Shrewsbury can't be that much of a hurdle?

I mean, we've drawn away with the Champions, beaten the team in second, beaten the team in third, drawn with the team in fourth, drawn with the team in fifth, beaten the team in seventh, most of the draws were ages ago, before we started winning lots.

So we CAN do it...

Edited by Farmer Reil

Were Hartlepool all that bothered about the title? I mean, it'd be nice, but it has no affect on anything whatsoever really does it?

I mean, they'll probably have been given a cash injection of some sort, but I doubt they'd be that massively bothered. Either way, well done to Rovers for doing the seemingly impossible.

Guest Put You On The Game

I drove past the Liberty Stadium in Swansea today at about 4.35pm and I saw a load of Jacks fans leaving early. Then I saw that the final score was Swansea 3-6 Blackpool. Oh well.

I love your lax attitude towards championships, Ace. :P

Earlier on you're all "lol, I don't care if we win the title or not, we're still promoted".

I can just see Arsene Wenger in his board room now. "Eh, we don't need the Premiership title. We finished third. We're still in the Champions league next season. Who gives a shit about actually winning stuff? Being third is still cool, right?".

I'm sure that'd go over great :P

Cheer up, Alex. So you got mauled in Milan... you finished joint third in the Champions League, it's all good ¬_¬

I know where you're coming from, in practical terms there's no real benefit to winning the league, other than a cool trophy. But cool trophies are what competitive sports are all about :P (as well as money, of course). To say they don't care about winning the league is a bit silly.

I mean, it's not a Liverpool-type situation where they play their reserves in order to rest for a Champions League final because there's nothing left to play for. They were playing for the League Two championship. When it's a choice between League Two Championship and Nothing, obviously League Two Championship is your preffered option.

Edited by Farmer Reil

I love your lax attitude towards championships, Ace. :P

Earlier on you're all "lol, I don't care if we win the title or not, we're still promoted".

I can just see Arsene Wenger in his board room now. "Eh, we don't need the Premiership title. We finished third. We're still in the Champions league next season. Who gives a shit about actually winning stuff? Being third is still cool, right?".

I'm sure that'd go over great :P

Cheer up, Alex. So you got mauled in Milan... you finished joint third in the Champions League, it's all good ¬_¬

Any Derby fans at the game today? If so is it true what my mate told me; that Leeds fans sang "Get the Chelsea out of Leeds" for the entire game - except for the first 5 minutes or so?

EDIT: On and off, obviously, not for 90 minutes without stopping, that'd be ridiculous.

Edited by - Matt -

Fuck that, Damn Leeds for being so shit.

EDIT: And I still want to know about next year's season tickets!

Actually, so do I. I don't hold much hope of them suddenly becoming dirt cheap but I wouldn't mind going next season.

What's really annoying is Scunthorpe are now in the Championship and Rotherham & Bradford both got relegated. Hull and Barnsley are still in the Championship, which means there's only fucking Huddersfield left and that's a one way relationship, they hate us - we couldn't give a monkey's shit about them.

Oh and Donny... But seriously, who gives a fuck about them?