Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't see Atkins lasting much longer...

The press have been all over him, the fans were all over him after the Grimsby game... He promised new talent to replace the bucketload he sold..none is so far forthcoming ¬_¬ I'd give him until the first LDV Vans game, and if we're still losing/drawing games we should be winning, I'd fire the cunt.

I am over the fucking moon, this is the best start Orient have had in 93 YEARS. I am in love, I hope we can keep this going. And now I love Darlo, I won 17 quid because of them (Y)

Fucking Orient tongue.gif. Losing at home 1-0 to a penalty is pretty shitty.

I get the impression from a few people that it wasnt a clear cut penalty, but I'll take it :D

But yeah, I know the feeling, a few seasons ago it was awful for us, dont worry about it dude.

2-0 down, at home, to the Posh, after 25 minutes. Hell yeah, top three here we come :P

2-1 at half time and they're down to ten men, there's hope afterall (Y)

Let's be honest though: they probably had some good players already at the club. We've got Junior Agogo and Ryan Williams. We had that Scott Sinclair, but he went to Chelsea. We had David Savage, but he left for greener pastures. We had some good players, but they fucked off. Now, who have we got? No-one we could sell for a shitload like Nathan Ellington. Unless Chelsea gave us an obscene compensation package, we won't do good for any time soon.

To be fair to him, Atkins hasn't had the resources to succeed. He's got a team who aren't just getting the job done. He's got no assistant and very few coaches. It's him and him alone it seems. The board can't (and personally, I don't feel they ever could, even if they wanted to) help beyond a word of encouragement or two. He does dig his own grave sometimes by unneccessarily complain about shit that really, had he picked the right tactics and players himself, then we wouldn't necessarily have gotten in that situation.

I want him out at some point, but the time isn't right. We can't afford to let him go just yet. I'm giving him until November at least. If we get no better or even worse, then it's time he left. But until then, we are in a bind. I mean, who'd want to take over unless they care that much about the club or have a weird need to cause themselves emotional pain?

And Ian Holloway doesn't count.

I hope you all have been pleasently surprised by the mighty Hatters (luton, nt stockport) so far this year. We outplayed Leeds, Chrystal Palace and Southampton and look at home in this division already. Mike Newell is one of the best managers in the football league. Taking a team of no hopers into a fantastic footballing side, without making more than five signings. Unfortunatly he will be snapped up by a bigger club sooner or later, as will Curtis Davies, who WILL play for England. ITs a shame that Peter Taylor is a Twat who knows nothing about football and doesn't select him for the U21s side.

I hope you all have been pleasently surprised by the mighty Hatters (luton, nt stockport) so far this year. We outplayed Leeds, Chrystal Palace and Southampton and look at home in this division already. Mike Newell is one of the best managers in the football league. Taking a team of no hopers into a fantastic footballing side, without making more than five signings. Unfortunatly he will be snapped up by a bigger club sooner or later, as will Curtis Davies, who WILL play for England. ITs a shame that Peter Taylor is a Twat who knows nothing about football and doesn't select him for the U21s side.

I beleive we are coming to the Walkers Stadium in the next weeks. I agree with the promoted sides bit, however we totally outclassed Leeds, a side with a very strong side for the Championship with quality players. We couldn't get that goal but we still plaed well. I think the key games will be against you and Millwall, that will be the first real clear picture as to how well we do.