Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your kit sponsor is JJB? Is that like one of those deals they do for pub teams where they sell a teams worth of kit for like £200? :P Doesn't look too appealing anyway.

Yeah JJB have gone into manufacturing kits now. So basically you should be able to get your hands on the new City shirt all over the country lads...although I still doubt that!

I personally like the away kit, our home kit is a bit meh really. But our one before then was absolutly awesome so it always was going to be.

Anyone here out of interest seen the Bradford 'keeper Henderson in action? He's set to sign with us and it would be nice to hear what you guys think about him.

• 2 months later...

The real football season is nearly upon us, only three days (H) God, it has been so long, I hate pre-season.

Sheff Utd v Leicester 12.45

Crewe v Burnley 15.00

Crystal Palace v Luton 15.00

Derby v Brighton 15.00

Hull v QPR 15.00

Ipswich v Cardiff 15.00

Norwich v Coventry 15.00

Reading v Plymouth 15.00

Stoke v Sheff Wed 15.00

Watford v Preston 15.00

Southampton v Wolverhampton

7th August

Leeds v Millwall 15.00

I like Southampton vs Wolves and Leeds Millwall, both could be good games.

Division Two, August 6th

Barnsley v Swindon 15.00

Blackpool v Chesterfield 15.00

Brentford v Scunthorpe 15.00

Bristol City v Doncaster 15.00

Gillingham v Colchester 15.00

Hartlepool v Bradford 15.00

Milton Keynes Dons v Bournemouth 15.00

Nottm Forest v Huddersfield 15.00

Oldham v Yeovil 15.00

Rotherham v Walsall 15.00

Southend v Port Vale 15.00

Swansea v Tranmere 15.00

C'mon Bradford!

Division Three, August 6th

Barnet v Bristol Rovers 15.00

Cheltenham v Bury 15.00

Grimsby v Oxford Utd 15.00

Leyton Orient v Macclesfield 15.00

Lincoln City v Northampton 15.00

Peterborough v Chester 15.00

Rushden & D'monds v Darlington 15.00

Shrewsbury v Rochdale 15.00

Stockport v Mansfield 15.00

Torquay v Notts County 15.00

Wrexham v Boston Utd 15.00

Wycombe v Carlisle 15.00

Oh, Ori Ori! Ori Ori Ori Orient! I am hoping for a good season, I can feel it this time. We have brought in some quality players but Ling still needs to pick up another striker, someone a bit different to what we have. But still.

EDIT - Stupid quotes.

Edited by MDK

The real football season is nearly upon us, only three days  (H) God, it has been so long, I hate pre-season.

Sheff Utd v Leicester 12.45

This is all you need to see opening day, watch it on Sky Sports (Y) and watch the glory that is Mark De Vries <_<

David Connolly had better be fit, the idea of a Dublin/De Vries strikeforce intimidates me.

Connolly by himself should be enough to intimidate any defense. ;)

Hoping for wins for Leicester and Bury today, grown to know I like Leicester as much as I can another English club besides Bury.

Whist I didn't see the game, the claim that Sheff Utd are the best team in your league is laughable.

Considering you finished 8th last season (not even play-off's) and not really improved the squad much (Craig Short? Might as well have a concrete brick), I can't see how the most biased fan of the Blades could claim they have a better side than Wolves, Norwich and Crystal Palace at the least?

Enjoy your win, from what I have read you deserved it but not by the margin by any means. But one game doesn't make a season. Let's see how you go for the next 10 games at the least before we judge who is the 'best team' in the league eh?

I've got £20 on Norwich, both ways because of Palace, to get automatic promotion. I'm looking out for Watford, who are my second team in a way, but with the players they've let go and brought in, it looks like it'll be a long season. As long as they beat Luton though.

Orient got a jammy win today, I love it! We were all over Macclesfield for the first half and we got a very early goal, about a minute into the match. Then after the break it all went to shit and we conceded a bad goal due to dodgy defending, and then right at the death of the game Easton intercepted a pass and played it thru to Efe Echanomi who scored a one yard screamer. And then he did the best goal celebration in the county, a series of backflips finished off with a tumbling flip :D

It was great, and the new stand is awesome.