Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, Bradford hammered us. Coming off back-to-back 1-0 wins against Bristol City and Tranmere I wasn't expecting that, bit of a blow. At least Tabb got a goal, he's been one of our better (if a little un-noticed) players this year.

Don't worry though Dan, we've still got a game in hand to go above you again in the league. I really do want a Brentford - Hartlepool play-off final match now though.

Bristol Rovers (my club) have started to pre-sale their kits for next season with new kit supplier Errea (they use to supply Middlesborough a few years ago... dunno if they still do). These are the kits:

05hshirt_B.jpg

HOME

05ashirt_B.jpg

AWAY

pinkkit_B.jpg

THIRD KIT

Apparently that third kit was originally a April Fool's Joke. Now we have apparently sold over 500 of them.

Pink!?! We'll be a laughing stock next season :angry:

I think I mentioned the pink kit a few pages back (or at least, I intended to. Dunno if I got around to posting it). The website guys put it up as an April Fools joke and everyone started asking where they could buy it, so they started making them :P

I've already pre-ordered the home kit, as it looks rawkin.

Also, get on! Our 21st league draw :P I think that's like..the 10th draw we've had where we've been leading and pissed it away, and six of them have been goalless draws. Bah.

I am indefinitely in love with the home kit. It looks very stylish compared to most. Plus the yellow trims add a little extra character to it. The away is nice as well. Yellow is always good. But fuck that pink thing. Stupid people :(

21st draw? I blame Atkins. I want to give him a chance, but I just don't see what he can do to improve us as a team except buy more players. We don't need a League Two super team - we need a tactician in charge. And Atkins is not going to achieve either.

Epecially since his record isn't exactly great. He destroyed Carlisle, did bugger all at Forest, and generally isn't all that great :P

Besides that, how many times is he going to basically say "The players sucked" this season? He said it after the Oxford game and I know that wasn't the first time, and yesterday he blamed throwing away a 2-0 lead on our "lazy strikers". Yeah, because it was their fault we let in 2 goals...

Fucking Darlo.

Most inconsistent team in the entire Football League, bar none. We had been getting some good results, including an away win at the league leaders at the time Scunthorpe a while ago. Then last week we got beat by Cambridge, who are bottom of the league. Now we go and concede a last-minute equaliser away to Mansfield.

It's almost as if we're throwing our play-off spot away. 3 games left and 2 points ahead of Northampton in 8th.

05hshirt_B.jpg

HOME

That looks pretty nice.

Most inconsistent team in the entire Football League, bar none.

Tell me about it, I thought it looked like an easy run-in til the end of the season with most the clubs we're playing being in the bottom half if not quarter of the league. Hopefully we can finish strong and stay in the playoffs. Although I don't think we'd need to win all three to do so.

That Ipswich game today was brilliant. I rarely watch football which isn't from the premiership and stuff, but I was round at my nans watching it with my Uncle who supports them. Turned out to enjoy nearly all of the game, had a brilliant ending to it too. Was even better to watch him nearly crying when Sunerland were in the lead.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Besides that, how many times is he going to basically say "The players sucked" this season? He said it after the Oxford game and I know that wasn't the first time, and yesterday he blamed throwing away a 2-0 lead on our "lazy strikers". Yeah, because it was their fault we let in 2 goals...

Tonight's the biggest game of our season, we've got Cardiff at home following that shocking performance against Wigan on Saturday. If we win we are almost guaranteed bar any horrific disasters to be save from relegation. However, if we lose we will be equal on points with Cardiff and still stuck in the shit.

COME ON CITY!

Like I said before, the liklihood of us ever playing in that strip is slim :P

I mean, blue and white, or bright yellow. How many teams are there that playing in yellow, blue and white?

I can only think of two, and we're unlikely to be playing the Swedish national team or Maghery Gaelic Football Club in the near future :shifty:

0,,10443~270909,00.jpg

Does that count?

Anyway, todays fixtures!

Coca-Cola Football League Championship

23 April 2005

Brighton & Hove Albion v West Ham United KO 15.00

Cardiff City v Reading KO 15.00

Crewe Alexandra v Stoke City KO 15.00

Derby County v Gillingham KO 15.00

Leeds United v Ipswich Town KO 15.00

Nottingham Forest v Burnley KO 15.00

Plymouth Argyle v Coventry City KO 15.00

[sunderland v Leicester City KO 15.00

Watford v Sheffield United KO 15.00

Wigan Athletic v Queens Park Rangers KO 15.00

Wolverhampton Wndrs v Rotherham United KO 15.00

24 April 2005

Millwall v Preston North End KO 13.30

26 April 2005

Leicester City v Derby County KO 19.45

Coca-Cola Football League One

23 April 2005

AFC Bournemouth v Peterborough United KO 15.00

Blackpool v Chesterfield KO 15.00

Brentford v Huddersfield Town KO 15.00

Colchester United v Bradford City KO 15.00

Doncaster Rovers v Hartlepool United KO 15.00

Oldham Athletic v Torquay United KO 15.00

Port Vale v Barnsley KO 15.00

Sheffield Wednesday v Stockport County KO 15.00

Swindon Town v Tranmere Rovers KO 15.00

Walsall v Hull City KO 15.00

Milton Keynes Dons v Bristol City KO 15.00

Wrexham v Luton Town KO 15.00

Coca-Cola Football League Two

23 April 2005

Boston United v Kidderminster Harriers KO 15.00

Bristol Rovers v Swansea City KO 15.00

Bury v Cheltenham Town KO 15.00

[Cambridge United v Rochdale KO 15.00

Darlington v Rushden & Diamonds KO 15.00

Grimsby Town v Scunthorpe United KO 15.00

Leyton Orient v Chester City KO 15.00

Macclesfield Town v Mansfield Town KO 15.00

Northampton Town v Lincoln City KO 15.00

Oxford United v Southend United KO 15.00

Shrewsbury Town v Notts County KO 15.00

Yeovil Town v Wycombe Wanderers KO 15.00

Coca-Cola Football League Championship

23 April 2005

Let's have some expert analysis for the Championship shall we... :shifty::P

Brighton & Hove Albion v West Ham United

Big game this one for both sides, if Brighton win it will allow them to get some needed points on the board in the relegation battle. If West Ham win it means they still can get a playoff position - Reading I don't think are going to be capable of holding it.

Prediction: 2-1

Brighton I think might cause a surprise here.

Cardiff City v Reading

Cardiff were lucky midweek against City (THE City) and shouldn't have taken a point, against a team like Reading they realistically don't have much hope of getting a result.

Prediction: 0-2

Reading hands down.

Crewe Alexandra v Stoke City

Bottom half clash, both teams have reasonable squads and it will be a close call to call this one.

Prediction: 1-1

Draw, I can't see it going any other way, although a Stoke win would be more realistic than a Crewe one.

Derby County v Gillingham

Gillingham I believe are getting pretty safe now in the relegation battle now, although I can't remember where they are in the table. Derby are just really rolling at the moment with the likes of Rasiak and Bisgaard.

Prediction: 4-1

It's going to be high scoring.

Leeds United v Ipswich Town

Should prove interesting. One team seemingly heading up and one team that headed down last year. Leeds who looked like they were gonna fall apart at the start of the year have pulled themselves together. Although I can't see them defeating this Ipswich side at the moment.

Prediction: 2-2

Draw, I'll give Leeds the benefit of the doubt here.

Nottingham Forest v Burnley

Crucial game for fucked Forest. They need to win all their games now in the hope of survival - and I hope they do it. Because of that I need to give this win to Forest.

Prediction: 1-0

May be to little too late, but I hope not.

Plymouth Argyle v Coventry City

Should be a close encounter down at Home Park, Plymouth and Coventry are both teams around the same level in my view...

Predicition: 1-2

Coventry on the day though will get the win.

Sunderland v Leicester City

Not looking forward to this one, although typically I'm going to be brave and say we are going to win this one. Stupid and very biased I know...shoot me.

Prediction: 0-2

Come on City!

Watford v Sheffield United

Sheffield United all the way here, Watford don't really have enough to get a result really.

Prediction: 0-1

United want to still attempt a playoff position, win here and it's still on the cards.

Wigan Athletic v Queens Park Rangers

Wigan, stunning last week, more than a match for any other team in the league. QPR are going to have to take the defeat today.

Prediction: 3-0

Wigan are just going to be too good.

Wolverhampton Wndrs v Rotherham United

Wolves are going to get a result today, Rotherham have put up a reasonable fight recently, but Wolves are going to get their result of the season today.

Prediction: 5-0

Wolves are going to hammer them.

holyshitholyshitholyshit.

I don't want to say much with a few minutes left, after what happened last week, but 2-0 over Swansea is a BRILLIANT result.

I haven't checked many other results, but I know we could go 11th today. Orient are winning, so only 12th. I know Mansfield and Cheltenham are losing though :D

And our "lazy" strikers got one each. Up yours, Atkins.

Edit: I expected a few more cards, to be honest.

Fouls:

Bristol Rovers 26

Swansea 15

Bookings:

Bristol Rovers 0

Swansea 2

It's weird, especially as both of Swansea's yellows were for the same player, and Hunt got sent off in the last minute without being booked.

Oh well, three points are three points, even if they did come with a free injury and a suspension included in the price :shifty:

Oh, and TAFKA...dear oh dear, you couldn't have gotten those first few predictions more wrong, could you? :P

Edited by TheReilDeal