Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread

Bwahahahaha, 7 minutes in and we're schooling Reading, we're just dominating them already, Robinson had a sure goal blocked and we're just...the better team, of course, 7 minutes have only been played.

EDIT: Mhyre is injured, meaning Ingham comes on for his league debut... :crying:

SECOND EDIT: Call me biased but that goal was pathetic. They just tripped over the ball a few times and eventually it say up for Kitson. Pathetic. Should have been dealt with and if Myhre wasn't injured we'd still be 1 up.

THIRD EDIT: Penalty. Fucking Whitley, just halfs everyone in sight! 2-1. Fucking hell. Hamamamananahahamanaen has been awesome for them and practically kept them in this. We're being robbed here though.

Edited by IAceI

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlucky result there IAceI, that's your first loss for a while isn't it?

I am settling back in my chair and listening to Brighton/Leicester on Internet Radio, but here is the other games going on today in the Coca Cola Leagues:

Any predictions? or comments?

Coca Cola Championship

Brighton vs. Leicester

Cardiff vs. Wigan

Derby vs. Stoke

Gillingham vs. Burnley

Millwall vs. Crewe

Nottm Forest vs. Plymouth

Rotherham vs. Preston

Sheff Utd vs. QPR

Sunderland 1 - 2 Reading

Watford vs. Leeds

West Ham vs. Coventry

Coca Cola League 1

Blackpool vs. Peterborough

Bournemouth vs. Luton

Brentford vs. Bristol City

Colchester vs. Hartlepool

Huddersfield vs. Doncaster

Oldham vs. Sheff Wed

Port Vale vs. Chesterfield

Swindon vs. Walsall

Torquay vs. Milton Keynes Dons

Coca Cola League 2

Bristol Rovers vs. Rushden & Diamonds

Cambridge vs. Darlington

Chester vs. Boston Utd

Grimsby vs. Wycombe

Kidderminster vs. Bury

Lincoln City vs. Swansea

Northampton vs. Scunthorpe

Oxford Utd vs. Notts County

Rochdale vs. Leyton Orient

Yeovil vs. Mansfield

EDIT - Fuck we are struggling against Brighton at the moment.

EDIT 2 - Fuck we have nearly given away two penalties! They are pressuring us all over the place. This isn't good at all!

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

AHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAH

AHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA

AHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAA

AHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA at Ace.

Your high horse got serv'd, so get off it :P

Meanwhile, we owned Rushden and Diamonds :P *Waves at ChrisTheHornyBrick as he drives past into 16th :shifty:*

Shitting hell. I thought we had pretty easy fixtures in these last games... then we go and lose 3-1 to the side that's bottom of the league. We'd better be able to cling onto that playoff place.

Guest Dakendo

Yeeeah, 2-1.

Rob Hulse, you goal machine. I don't like how occasionally we can be a really unpredictable side, going on a good streak then losing 4-0 at home, but since Ken Bates has come the team's been playing better, which is probably less Bates and more Kevin Blackwell, who's done a great job, IMO.

Edited by Dakendo

You're lucky you Leeds fans, we were going to get Rob Hulse before you were. It's gutting because we really need a goalscorer. Second game running we have thrown away two points, stupid, absolutly stupid. Even with ten men we should have fucking won, its a disgrace.

Ask the Blades for one, they must have at least 10.

Despite having a tough run-up to the end of the season Sam Sodje ("The Nigerian Ninja" as named by Martin Allen on MOTD2 a few weeks back) notched another winner for Brentford at home to Bristol City. We've still got to take on Luton and Hull, but we've joint 6th now with 2 games in hand.

Luton and Hull is going to be a tough last two games, but hopefully by that point Hartlepool and Wednesday will draw, lose any form they've got going and The Bees can jump above them both in the league.

you've had a good year Brentford. Promotion would really be the icing on the cake - and it's easily possible. You've got the players to do it with names like Salako, Sodje and Rankin. Not to mention your manager reminds me of a more extreme Big Sam, which is a good thing. I wouldn't put money against you getting promotion, although I do like Wednesday and I would also like them to go back up.

you've had a good year Brentford. Promotion would really be the icing on the cake - and it's easily possible. You've got the players to do it with names like Salako, Sodje and Rankin. Not to mention your manager reminds me of a more extreme Big Sam, which is a good thing. I wouldn't put money against you getting promotion, although I do like Wednesday and I would also like them to go back up.

Edited by supergrass

Walsall & Aston Villa, Mainly Walsall as along with many other Villa Fans i refuse to go to any Villa home game until Doug Ellis leaves, he's not getting anymore of my money unless its put back into the team not his pocket.

Fucking hell -

ANDY SCOTT has been told by doctors to retire from football immediately after being diagnosed with a serious heart problem. Scott, 32, has the same condition that Cameroon international Marc-Vivien Foe, who collapsed and died during a match in June 2003, suffered from and could have experienced a similar fate to Foe at any time during his 13-year career, where he made close on 400 appearances.

The former Sheffield United, Brentford and Oxford United man now faces a future where he can not partake in any physical exercise or sporting activity - ending his career as a footballer with instant effect. Scott had complained of pain during the recent home match with Cheltenham and tests after the match showed him to have a lung infection. An electrocardiogram (ECG) test on his heart then uncovered the more serious problem and Scott is this week undergoing further medical examinations.

"This is a tremendous blow to Andy and one we are all still trying to come to terms with at the club, boss Martin Ling said. "It puts a game of football into perspective really and shows how fragile life can be. "Andy's whole life has been turned upside down by this news and he has been assured that the club will do all it can to support him and his family at this time. "It's a terrible way for his career to come to an end, but in a way, it could have been a lot worse. "Andy was a model pro and had impressed us all this season, scoring some great goals and having a big influence on the team. "The loss of a footballer is disappointing - but there's more to life than football and in this instance we're just glad not to have lost him as a person as well.

"The medical term for Scott's condition is 'hypertrophic cardiomyopathy', an illness which restricts the efficient pumping of blood around the body due a thickening of the heart muscle from inside.

From LeytonOrient.com

That sucks majorly for Scott and for Orient. He was one of the better players we have had for some time, a big left winger that could win balls in the air and cross them in and quite good in front of goal. I feel sorry for him because he is forced to stop doing the thing he must love and if he is riski

ng his life if he plays again. Damn.

Been at Griffin Park tonight, Brentford moved up to 4th with a 1-0 win over Tranmere. Tight game, it looked like they'd come down for a draw and it took a quality finish from Michael Turner from the edge of the box to settle it. Turner and Sam Sodje are holding our team together at the back, Deon Burton is still a great player, he holds the ball up so well, Jay Tabb on the wing had another good game too.

As long as we keep getting wins from the teams up the top with us (we did Bristol City 1-0 on Saturday too) we'll make the play-offs. Still got a game in hand, which will be Wrexham. Hopefully our place will be cemented, we need the points, our goal difference is poor.

Sad news about Andy Scott too, read it earlier on the Brentford website.

Edited by supergrass

We suck, we fucking suck. Wigan have completly destroyed us today. I cannot believe how awful we have been, they should be more than 2-0 up at the moment. Although the referee has been a complete wanker to both sides, we should be down to ten men, we should have had a penalty. Awful officialling.

Hope some of you other guys are having a good afternoon anyways.