Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Leeds Utd

Had a season ticket in 91/92 and the year after before I moved. Tonight sucks, really sucks, but hell in the long run It's looking ok which is a major improvment over the last couple of seasons.

Now living in Scotland, Craig Levein gets two thumbs up from me, Leicester have got themselves a cracking young manager, and all the players he has brought down from Scotland are all good players, and I think they will be challenging next season for promotion to the premiership.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and it's also nice Booker when despite the fact we have had a bad season by our standards that we as a group of fans are still sticking with Craig Levein. Football is a very impatient game sometimes and when Craig arrived with us we did expect to still get promoted. However to be fair if we had kept Micky Adams we wouldn't be heading in the right direction as a club.

Craig is one of the best young managers coming up today, he has a great mind for the game and I agree the vast majority of the players he has brought in have been excellent. While Adams was said to be the best young manager when we got hold of him Craig just seems to have that extra edge to him.

Looking at the signings that Levein has brought in then:

Alan Maybury has been great at Right Back, while at Left Back recently he hasn't been as good he really stepped his game up tonight against Wolves, and got his first goal for us - apparently a cracker as well.

Mark De Vries is at the moment hit and miss. He gives the impression and has the background to do very well - although at the moment he hasn't really proven himself as much as he needs to so that he can win the fans over.

Patrick McCarthy is easily the best player Levein has brought in. By a country mile this boy is absolutly stunning. I can't believe Man City would let a player of this standard go for 100K because he seriously is going to be massive in the future.

Lars Hirschfeld is a good keeper, he hasn't actually played for us yet but he gives a lot more confidence as a number two in compairson with Kevin Pressman...

Stephen Hughes is another up there with Patrick McCarthy, he has also had a great start with us. Another youngster brought in for a cheap fee and he really has added a depth to our midfield - no matter if he plays on the wing or the centre. Although I do prefer him down the middle.

We've got a couple more players coming in the Summer already in the form of Patrick Knisorbo (spelling?) from Hearts and Jani Sturm - who played in the Champions League Qualifiers and bagged a couple of goals for his team.

Not to mention Levein has gone through the squad Adams left him and worked out who's good and who's not. For example Matt Heath was very over-rated by Adams, while Levein knows he isnt up to it really. Keith Gillespie has become a rejuvinated player since Levein has arrived, at the moment he would be my player of the season for us.

Nice to hear someone as well sees the Foxes as a true challenge for promotion next year, because it is very possible. We now also have a young squad of players who have got lots of ability - similar to what we did when Martin O'Neill took us to the dizzy heights of the top 6 in the Prem. So we are a threat indeed and I expect next season we should be a true force in the Championship.

Hehe, thanks for giving me the oppertunity about writing an essay about my team...any questions?

My second team is, and has been for a good eight or so years, GILLINGHAM! Being a Kentish lad it's been great to see them in the Championship, and a great draw away at QPR last night that continues a great run and back out of the relegation zone! Whooo!

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Bristol Rovers for me :cool:

I used to be an Argyle fan, but to be honest, that was only because they were my nearest league club. Now that I'm in Bristol I go to the Memorial Stadium pretty regularly, and I love the place, and the team, and..well...Ian Atkins can't relegate and ruin EVERY club he manages, surely we're the lucky ones? Right? :shifty:

Hey, Reily - we are indestructable! Honest! Besides, we've drawn the most games we've ever drawn in a season, and these are games we would have lost a few seasons ago, so I'm happy.

Although we actually have a VERY slim chance of achieving a play-off place. We have 50pts with 5 games to go, while with 5 games to go and on 64pts are 7th place Northampton. If we blitzed every game and Northampton fucked up majorly, then we could just sneak away with 7th.

Hey, more amazing things have happened before, right?

I was talking to Ace about that yesterday, saying how it's mathematically possible to get to the playoffs (although it would rely on an unprecedented number of draws between the teams in 16th-8th :P). Nothing like a bit of blind optimism :thumbsup:

Edited by TheReilDeal

Great idea for a thread. I'm so sick of having to put up with threads everywhere on the net about the big league.

I'm a Grimsby Town (League Two) supporter.

Relegated twice in two seasons, oh yes!

Bloody hell, Leeds got hammered in a Yorkshire derby game... Ouch...

HARTLEPOOL UNITED 8 - 1 GRIMSBY TOWN

I am a proud Darlington fan, we're currently sitting in 7th place in League Two which is the last play-off spot, one point ahead of Northampton so we're going to have to fight if we want to make the play-offs.

I was talking to Ace about that yesterday, saying how it's mathematically possible to get to the playoffs (although it would rely on an unprecedented number of draws between the teams in 16th-8th :P). Nothing like a bit of blind optimism :thumbsup:
Edited by britneyspearsisgod

Im proud to be a Leeds fan, Bates as rose the ticket prices and next season it will cost more than ever to watch Leeds play a usual boring game where they struggle in front of goal. But i have a feeling we can beat watford at Vicarage Road tomorow