2005 NBA Playoffs Topic

Blitz

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about ratings, I dont care who watches the game. The Spurs can play any style of ball and they said that they're going to keep running like they did in the Phoenix series, which will make this series fun to watch.

You and me both, except that I am on the opposing side. I'm expecting this series to be very good, and extremely competitive. This should be a good match up, with the last two NBA finals winners fighting for supremacy.

I don't care about ratings, I dont care who watches the game. The Spurs can play any style of ball and they said that they're going to keep running like they did in the Phoenix series, which will make this series fun to watch.

You and me both, except that I am on the opposing side. I'm expecting this series to be very good, and extremely competitive. This should be a good match up, with the last two NBA finals winners fighting for supremacy.

I say its gonna be the Spurs in 7. The Pistons defense is gonna prove to be too much for the Spurs in the first few games but the Spurs back court will lead them through this thing, Manu Ginobli will step up even more than he did in the Pheonix series and Manu will help the Spurs in their victory. Then Tim Duncan is much better than Rasheed Wallace so the Spurs have nothing to worry about. But they need to gaurd Chauncey Billups because they've seen (last years finals) that he can step up and become a star when needed. Duncan is going to rule in the pain stopping Big Ben from getting any of his shots in there which is where most of them come from. This is gonna be a good match up though and I'll watch every game just like always.

I was rooting for the Suns....because I liked underdogs.

But I will see this series for two reasons:

1) I like both teams, even tough I am not a HUGE fan of either

2) Carlos Arroyo plays(or warms up the bench) for the Pistons. PUERTO RICANS RULE!!!

Pistons in 7.....just because Arroyo plays for them.

Guest themachine

This should be a very entertaining, if short series. Anyone who says this series doesn't matter or that there isn't enough star power just doesn't get it.

The ratings for Cleveland vs. the Lakers might be just as good as a San Antonio vs. Detroit series, but the finals are about the two best teams at that time, not ratings.

Not to mention, recent championships have shown that it's quality of play as much as market size that effects ratings. Anyone remember the so-called "Subway Series" ratings disaster?

On the other hand, the Spurs just embarassed the team with the best record in the league while the Pistons eked out a win against a battered Miami Heat team. The difference is going to be that San Antonio is a more complete, deeper team than the Pistons. Duncan could sit this series and they'd still win. It would just take two extra games. Spurs in five.

Edited by themachine

Guest themachine

EDIT: I may have erred with Detroit, but this should let you know that even though San Antonio may have enough people to be a top 10 city in population, those rednecks don't have TV sets just yet :shifty:

EDIT: I may have erred with Detroit, but this should let you know that even though San Antonio may have enough people to be a top 10 city in population, those rednecks don't have TV sets just yet :shifty:

Get your stereotypes straight! The reason people in San Antonio don't have TV's is that they're all illegal immigrants. And for some reason, they all love Manu Ginobli. Go figure.

I watched the game, it only got interesting when Arroyo starting fucking up, especially Bill Walton's halftime comment that Arroyo shouldn't even be there.

Manu stepped it up and domianted the second half, but the game wasn't that interesting, it could have been good had Rip not missed repetitive WIDE OPEN jumpers, and they actually go to Rasheed after the first quarter.

Spurs 5 man bench (Brown, Udrih, Horry, Barry, Robinson) shit all over the Pistons 1 and 1/2 man bench (Dice & Hunter)...they need to play Darko fuck it.

Spurs are gonna be even better next year when they get the Argie Ginobili/Scola teaming, when Scola joins the NBA.He's gonna be a pretty good player, worthy of probably starting...

Manu Ginobili is amazing, I hate how everyone hates him. The 2nd half was the Manu Ginobili show. I don't see why the Pistons stopped giving Rasheed the ball, he did well whenever they did give him the ball.

My prediction is still Spurs in 6, just because I want them to wrap it up at home.

Note that I said every game would be 79-74, which is 153 points. Game 1 score 84+69 = 153. So, how does 153 combined points translate into ratings?

8.8 rating national

6.8 in NY

Last year's game 1

11.6 national

Looks like I was correct once a-gain. I am upset that I missed Kelly Clarkson though :shifty:

Edited by naiwf

God, that was a boring Game. I stopped watching after the first quarter, then I looked again in the 3rd and the both Teams only had 50 something Points.

And I also think the Spurs will take it in 6.

That dunk he did then the three to kill them off after running the clock way down made me laugh, as the commentators were hyping up the Pistons ready to comeback behind Billups.

This Finals is nowhere near worth skipping school for....but I may watch Game 7 just because it's a game 7, if it gets that far.

Wow, it almost feels as if the Pistons have just rolled over and died. They are notorious for going on long stretches where they can't make a shot to save their life. Apparently they decided to go on one of those stretches during the worst possible time. I'm not about to close the casket on this series, but I can't see any reason to feel overly optimistic with our abysmal play the last two games. I guess I'll just wait and see what the next three games in Detroit bring.

That's one of the things i least like hearing, when it concernes to ANY sport, although I know things are usually like that with most people. Why can't someone whose team is winning find a game boring? That's not liking the sport, that's liking the team. The same goes for when the team is losing. Of course people will be sad because the team is losing but why would they find the game boring in case the game isn't?

Oh well...

I can find a game boring even if my team is on the winning side. The thing is, winning can help cure the boredom from the game. Essentially, a win will nulify any boredom I may have felt during the game. For example, a Pistons/Jazz game this season was some of the worst Basketball I've ever seen. The Pistons ended up winning 69-68 I believe, and all of that boredom accumulated throughout the game washed away when the Pistons got the job done.

I tired to watch the game last night, I really did. I want to enjoy the NBA finals because it is a big deal, but the fact of the matter is these two teams put me to sleep. When the highlight of a 15 minute window is a nice bank shot by Tim Duncan from bout 13 feet, it's time to turn the channel.