2005 NBA Playoffs Topic

Blitz

The Finals take up the least amount of TV time of any of the big 3 sports finales. The World Series takes forever and is seemingly everywhere and the Super Bowl build up is sickening. I'm glad the Finals went this long as it forced me to watch the last two games which were actually good.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big kudos to Rasheed, Chauncey, and Hamilton FOR NOT SHOWING UP. Job well done guys. We expect you three to score for us, and you lay the biggest egg I've ever seen in my life. I'm am absolutely repulsed at this performance. It seems as if Big Ben and Antonio McDyess were the only two that even gave it their all during this game.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Guest Josef Stallion

I just got served. Fuck us. I'm not gonna blame the officials or anything, we just got outcoached and just got beat. I'm blaming Chauncey though for not taking shots in the 4th he should've taken as well as a couple other plays. Congratulations San Antonio.

EDIT: Preach it Puke. Rip did show up..sort've, Chauncey robbed himself of his 2nd straight Finals MVP, and the only thing Rasheed will score tonight will be a 2 1/2 ounce(joke - Best Damn Sports Show Period).

Duncan is up there with the greats, but Garnett is gonna ruin his shit next year..hopefully.

Edited by Josef Stallion

Man, anger/disgust is running through my veins right now. I'm not angry with the Spurs, because I genuinely like their team. I like them because they are humble and are void of egos. Congratulations to the Spurs and your fans, I am so bummed out typing that, but I'm glad you guys don't have a player worthy of hating.

Larry Brown should have been telling Chauncey to drive to the basket in the fourth quarter.

I really feel bad for Antonio McDyess, I would have loved to have seen him get a ring. He played so well throughout these finals for this, and it almost seems as if the starters let him down.

All I can say is that the Pistons need a prolific scorer, a guy who can carry the team on his back offensively. For next season I would consider switching McDyess and Rasheed, meaning that Antonio is our starting power forward and Sheed is our sixth man.

In the next season, Darko better get substantial playing time, as well as Carlos Delfino. Considering we just choked in the finals, we had better see Darko and Delfino's development next season.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Guest Josef Stallion

Duncan was named The Finals MVP, as if that was a surprise. I however disagreed. i would have picked bowen for the finals MVP(sounds crazy but rip hamilton wasnt playing like he was against eddie jones when bowen was on him). Without Bowen Rip could've just run wild on The Spurs like he did The Heat and we could've won Game 7.

We had a 9 point lead in the 3rd too. *Shakes head*

Guest Josef Stallion

As much as I hate to admit it Green, I think he has coached his last game. I think he will go to the Cavs next season, and we'll get a new coach. Just as long as it isn't Garr Heard. .500 isn't good enough for this Pistons team, in the Eastern Conference. Any word on Flip Saunders? I want him to come coach The Pistons. I've also heard of the possibility Bill Laimbeer is waiting for Larry so he could come try for the job in Detroit. Yes, Bill Laimbeer..

Edited by Josef Stallion

As much as I hate to admit it Green, I think he has coached his last game. I think he will go to the Cavs next season, and we'll get a new coach. Just as long as it isn't Garr Heard. .500 isn't good enough for this Pistons team, in the Eastern Conference. Any word on Flip Saunders? I want him to come coach The Pistons. I've also heard of the possibility Bill Laimbeer is waiting for Larry so he could come try for the job in Detroit. Yes, Bill Laimbeer..

I would absolutely love Bill Laimbeer as our head coach.

The word on Flip Saunders (as far as I know) is that the Milwaukee Bucks are actively courting him. They recently fired Terry Porter, and it is rumored that a deal might just be in place with Flip Saunders right now.

I also agree with your asessment on Rip and Bruce Bowen. Bowen may have been the catalyst for the Spurs that prevented the Pistons from winning this series.

And slightly off topic, where are you from Josef? I know you're hometown says Detroit, but I'm guessing you are more than likely around that area (as opposed to be being in the heart of Detroit). I'm just curious since it's interesting to find another EWB member from the same state as me.

The Pistons looked last night like they had never been there before. San Antonio gave them so many opportunities to put them away and the Pistons just didn't capitalize. Congrats to the Spurs and their fans, I still loathe the team but you deserve this Championship. Tim Duncan as MVP though, I saw that coming. He just had to show up to take that bad boy home with him.

Guest Josef Stallion

y2j, you better watch out next season because we're gonna be wanting The Spurs in the Finals. And we remember the last time we lost a game 7 in the Finals. To the Lakers in '88 and we swept their asses the following year >=).

VerbalPuke, I too am from the heart of Detroit. I'm from Southwest Detroit, but I was born on da wesside of Detroit homey :)