Phoenix Suns

San Antonio Spurs

Seattle Supersonics

Dallas Mavericks

Houston Rockets

Sacramento Kings

Denver Nuggets

Memphis Grizzlies

Lottery Bound: Toronto Raptors, New York Knicks, Milwaukee Bucks, Charlotte Bobcats, Atlanta Hawks, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, Golden State Warriors, Portland Trailblazers, Utah Jazz, New Orleans Hornets

Those are the current playoff standings, and it looks as if the Nets could overtake the Cavaliers for that final playoff spot if they continue to be hot. It will end up being a good playoff tournament though. In the West, every series could go seven games, including the Suns/Grizzlies series. I don't think anyone will be able to stop the Pistons once they get into the playoffs though.

Edited by Blitz

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it is Phili that plays the Nets and if the nets lose and Cavs win then Nets would have to win out and Cavs would have to lose out for the Nets to make it. If the nets win and Cavs lose, Nets have eigth seed. And if both lose or win Nets are still one game back with 2 to play so big games all around.

Its nice to see the final games of the regular season, especially with New Jersey and The Cavs. I really hope the Nets get in the playoffs somehow...I dunno, at the start of the season, I thought they were DOOMED, then when Carter was added, I thought they had a chance. When Jefferson was out for the whole season, I thought they will not make it...but now, damn! I am just stumped! A part of me wants to say they WILL make it, the other part says, they will get a big disappointment when the cavs close out their final games of the season with W's.

Right now, I think Miami is in the comfort zone with Lebron as their opponent on the current playoff picture. A detroit vs philly match up is ok, but I WISHED that Indiana will drop to 7 so that we can get a good series with Ind vs Det at the first round.

The only good matchup so far is the Bulls vs Wizards since it looks like their rivalry has ignited way before the season started(the pre-season brawl). I cant wait to see what Haywood would do or which wizard Noce would pester enough to either elbow him on the face or the wiz gets a technical for being pissed off at him.

The west side seems good. Few disappointments are that the Wolves will NEVER make it this year. Well...unless if Memphis will loose its last games and extending its losing streak to 6. I like seeing Dallas vs Sacramento on the first round yet again. Same old rivalry, new set of guys on each team...that would kick ass.

Denver vs Spurs? Its ok. Both teams seem to be emphasizing on defense and it would be interesting to see who would outdo the other team defensively.

Denver losing now is good.Makes them think they're not invincible, thats the team, that the Spurs dun wanna play in the playoffs....same goes for the Grizz and Suns..Suns don't want it with the Grizz who've handed them their ass twice, home and away.

Nets are going to the playoffs.NOTHING is stopping Vince Carter, not even being boo'd everytime he touches the fucking ball....he's earnt his spot on my 3rd team, would be 2nd if not for Shawn Marion...

I'm picking the Wizards over the Bulls, Bulls got too many players and nobody that can handle Arenas....Philly will get handled by Detroit unless C-Webb steps up, and Boston Vs. Indy is gonna be the best matchup....especially if JO gets back in game 2 or 3...

As said, don't sleep on the Grizz...the Suns don't wanna play them, same with the Spurs/Nuggets...Houston's going to drop a couple games before handling the Sonics, and Dallas should put away Sacramento pretty easily.

I'm going with the Spurs to win it all in 7 games against Detroit, just like I said at the start of the other thread...although I'd love if my Heat could slip through (I've been a Heat fan most of my life, check last year's playoff thread when I was going on about Wade)

Detroit - San Antonio finals me thinks.

I hope the Nets do make it over the Cavs, as I don't like Lebron. I can't believe that the T-wolves aren't making it. KG must be thinking about moving on.

The matchups in the west look great. Especially Dallas Sacramento - I like both those teams.

breaking news: The T-Wolves playoff hopes are dead. They just got defeated by Seattle. And I dont think the loss of Memphis yesterday would keep their hopes alive either.

And today...Lebron loses yet again. Detroit trounced the Cavs.

Man, the Nets are going strong! They just won over Philly and looks to swipe the eight spot from the cavs.

Washington.....er.....have a happy first round. But I wonder if they still have enough games to take the fourth spot from chicago.

Indiana falls to 6, I reckon.

Guest Grapehead

I don't mean to be a bother, but I've always wondered, and this seems a good chance to get it cleared, but how does the NBA playoff race work? I mean like with 1.5 GB... .5? I never understood, mainly cause I don't paticularly follow the NBA, but still it's confusing.

Guest Grapehead

It's basically record numbers.  If your one game back, then that means you have one less win then them.  It's just a way of organizing things basically, just like any other sport.

I'm hoping and praying that the LeBrons conclude the biggest choke job of the last few years. Here was a guy being touted as MVP at the All-Star break, and now his team can't win more than 3 or 4 out of 10. Just for comparitive purposes the Cavs lost 20 of their first 50, and have lost 20 of their last 30 to settle in at 40-40 with 2 to go. It's a great time to be a LeBron hater :thumbsup:

I dont understand how people can countuie to rip Lebron. Yeah his team may be collapsing but it has nothing to do with him, over the past 6-7 games he is averging over 35 ppg 10 rpg and 7 apg. The Cavs may be losing but it isnt all his fault. The fact that Z and Gooden have been playing down the strech with injuries doesnt help any thing. Firing Silas with just 18 to go didnt help anything with this team either.

I dont understand how people can countuie to rip Lebron.  Yeah his team may be collapsing but it has nothing to do with him, over the past 6-7 games he is averging over 35 ppg 10 rpg and 7 apg.  The Cavs may be losing but it isnt all his fault.  The fact that Z and Gooden have been playing down the strech with injuries doesnt help any thing.  Firing Silas with just 18 to go didnt help anything with this team either.

Edited by naiwf

Nice game the Pistons played today, especially Tayshaun Prince who put the clamps on Lebron in the second half. Unfortunately Rasheed Wallace tweaked his hamstring, but I doubt it's anything serious. I'm feeling good about Detroit's chance of repeating this year. I think we're even better than we were last year, due to Prince's evolution, and Rip Hamilton's new found love for passing the ball. Couple that with the bench's recent improvement and Detroit may have the formula that will equate to a repeat.

LeBron has been hyped as the greatest.He isn't going to make the playoffs...therefore he cannot be comapred to MJ, who didn't (to my recollection) have an all-star with him and made the playoffs every year...

LeBron is a great player, I can admit that, but he's too young to be able to lead his team, he doesn't have the experience, like those who go through college eg: Carmelo last year.

And Bron would have had decided if Silas got fired...The owner's want to keep Bron, they would have done everything to satisfy him, firing Silas would have something to do with Bron, don't be so ignorant.

He should be a lock for playoffs next year, because he'll have learnt from that experience.If he went to college, he would be leading a team to homecourt, I firmly believe, and not a huge choke.Atleast teams like Orlando have an excuse (Christie, Turkoglu, Hill etc getting injured down the stretch) the Cavs choked, and the Nets have a real chance at upsetting the Heat in the first round, that series is going atleast 6, unless Shaq finally performs.

I don't hate LeBron, I hate the way he's being portrayed, as the greatest thing ever.

As far as the LeBron thing goes, this really isn't his fault. I mean look at the rest of the team. They are not that great. Now I'm by no means saying he's going to be the greatest of all time or that he is deserving of MVP, but he is a good player, and the entire team has choked, not just him.

As for Karizma's comments about Jordan, as great as he was, he did in fact have other all starts on his team. Pippen was there for all 6 of the championships IIRC, and Rodman was there for the last 3 (may not have been an allstar but performed well when he had to). This is not me saying by any means that Jordan wasn't the greatest of all time, because I think that he was, but he did have some support.

Now, as far as this years playoffs go, it's going to be very interesting. Memphis does have a chance to beat Phoenix but I see The Suns coming together and taking the series. The Spurs are a different story however. Denver has had an unbelieveable second half of the season and could very easilly upset San Antonio, which is exactly what I think will happen. My prediction for that one, Denver in 6.