2005 NBA Playoffs Topic

Blitz

If I could see any matchup in the Finals it would probably be Phoenix or Dallas against Washington or Boston. All of those teams would be running up and down the court and it would make for some great basketball.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockets win again, taking 2 from Dallas in "Little D" :D

Yao was finally dominant tonight (13-14 FG, 7-7 FT, 33 pts, 8 boards) and T-Mac (28, 10 & 8 plus the game winner) displayed "ONIONS" in the words of the one and only Bill Raftery. Let's hope Houston keeps it going since they have the potential to make the Finals at this rate.

Edited by naiwf

I like the way T-Mac is playing right now in this years playoffs. I guess he is so motivated to advance into the semis so he can be scrapped off the list where guys like Marburry are.

If Washington wants to go to the finals, they better do a better performance than they did at Game one. I was expecting Arenas to get 30+ points on Sunday, but all I got was a poor shooting night :(

Does anyone else find that Detroit Pistons games are completely unbearable to watch? I find myself not being able to pay attention to the game even though one of my favorite players is involved (AI the 1st). Thankfully it's only 6 minutes or so until the start of Heat/Nets.

Does anyone else find that Detroit Pistons games are completely unbearable to watch? I find myself not being able to pay attention to the game even though one of my favorite players is involved (AI the 1st). Thankfully it's only 6 minutes or so until the start of Heat/Nets.

Perhaps for you the games are unbearable, but I love every minute of the Pistons games. I love the fact that any four of our five starters are a threat to explode, and also love the way our players share the ball. I like that in game 1 Sheed and Prince were our top scorers, and in game 2 Chauncey and Rip were our top scorers. It shows a bit of diversity in our team, that on any given night, any player can explode. Then you also have Ben, who I think is very fun to watch, hustling rebounds, swatting shots, and giving us the occasional dunk.

I love our stifling defense, and the fact that we can shut down the most prolific scorers in the league. I think there is something to be said when a team can hold Allen Iverson to 19 points on 7 of 24 shooting. I think the Pistons personify the blue collar, working class spirit of Detroit. I wouldn't have it any other way.

the only thing unbearable in those games are that the sixers could have done better. Sure, Detroit is doing a good game in the first two, but why cant AI or Webber step up for their team like the Pistons' starters did?

The Motorcity guys are schoolin em already, c'mon I want a game seven outta this series so I can manage to buy some tickets next week.

But if I have to pick a city that has a different player stepping up, I dont think its Detroit.

there's too many teams right now that are that versitle to have anybody step up...Denver, Chicago, fuck even the Heat (21 points from Zo, 30 from 3D) Boston, etc.Detroit have people that will explode, but not too the level of other teams...

And fucking Dallas.I had them going to the WCF...

Spurs-Detroit is going to be a fucking borefest...gimmie Suns-Heat, however the Rockets arising could make things interesting, although he'd likely be shut down by my pick for Defensive Player of the Year, Tayshaun Prince.

Pacers-Detroit in the semis...thats one series where Detroit will be interesting...fuck I was Artest got re-instated for the Playoffs that would have been awesome to watch...anybody else think that the Pacers were hard done by in that, the fact that they going into the last week had a shot at number 4 seed, despite having their 3 best players out for long periods of the season...lets see anybody else do that and see how they go...

wow, a double OT and the nets STILL blew it. Man, Carter had like a couple of chances to give them the lead when they were up by 2 pts with 2 mins to go, but damn man. I think Jay-Z can just sing his song during Game 4's half time...cause NJ is done and you can stick a fork into them.

Well, Dallas escaped a 3-0 series by winning Game 3. But I still think Houston will win the series, unless T-Mac or Yao gets into a freak accident and will be out for the rest of the post-season.

Mavericks need to destroy the Rockets ego and blow them out in game four. If the Mavericks can take game four, they will probably take the series. I think the first two games were a wake-up call for the Mavs and they responded pretty well in game three.

wow, a double OT and the nets STILL blew it. Man, Carter had like a couple of chances to give them the lead when they were up by 2 pts with 2 mins to go, but damn man. I think Jay-Z can just sing his song during Game 4's half time...cause NJ is done and you can stick a fork into them.

Yeah, I just wish they were sinking shots in 2OT. When Carter sank that shot at the end of the first OT, the place went insane. They only score 6 points in the final period, and half of them was on Carter's 3 when it was too late anyway. No matter how many times Carter kept going clutch, it still didn't work out. Which is unfortunate. Stan Van Gundy said after the game that nobody deserved to lose that game. It's true. It was close fought battle, people on both sides played well.

Quite memorable game, especially since that was the first Nets game I went to. It's just too bad they lost and now they're down 0-3. Oh well, this season wasn't supposed to be much of a success anyway.

Guest [Dont l Test l My l Gangsta]

i picked Dallas to win this series, and fight for the Western title, even though Houston has my fav. player (TMAC)