I've become hooked on Pokémon...

Guest LilJoeyPez

Guest LilJoeyPez

About a month ago, I was bored, flicking through the channels on Sky, and found Pokémon on Toonami, I thought, "wow, haven't seen this piece of shite in a while," and watched the remainder of the episode where a professor is researching the evolution of Slowpoke, and Psyduck uses his Confusion attack to blow away Team Rocket. And so it began...

I mentioned it to a friend the day after at school, and he went crazy, talking about how he used to have all the cards and has the album, 2.B.A Master. He sent me a funny text later on, having researched all the times Pokémon was on during the day. I then sat down and watched Pokémon again. This time, Ash and friends were fighting a giant Onix. Then I watched it again. And again. And again. Pinto then copied 2.B.A Master and gave it to me as a joke. I listened to it and was surprised that I thought the album was actually quite good.

Now, over the Easter holidays, I have watched so much Pokémon on Toonami that I can now name most of them, and recall some episodes perfectly. My family say I'm sad, and I retain that I'm watching it as a joke, and am laughing at it. But I'm really starting to see how cool it is...what the fuck is going on?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing much. It's always fun to go back and visit things you used to be into. I can still name pretty much all of the original 150, but that's because I have a penchant for memorizing useless information.

So yeah, nothing wrong with you. Enjoy any chance you have of escaping to your childhood. :thumbsup:

Last Summer I was addicted to that show, I was up at 8:00 AM to watch it on Cartoon Network and I'd watch the "Pokemon Hour" on Kids' WB at 4 PM as well. Played the games and shit too.

I'm not alone though, I have a friend who would watch it in the mornings when he got ready for work, so at least he can't call me a loser.

I liked Pokemon on Game Boy, I thought it was fun, but was never into the show or the stupid card game at all.

I hate the show. I've never watched a full episode, but I just hated it. Why? Back in 2000 I meant to tape the replay Raw on Tuesday afternoon while I was at hockey practice. Back in the day, Raw used to get replayed at 4 on Tuesday afternoons. Anywhooo, Raw is on TSN in Canada which in my parts is channel 26... YTV, which a stupid channel for kids and preteens or a poor man's Nickelodeon clone, is on channel 25. I come home at 7 o'clock and get ready to watch Raw, but instead of Raw I taped two back to back episodes of Pokemon and two other stupid cartoons. I set the VCR to channel 25 instead of 26... Ever since then I've had something against Pokemon. Even though it was my fault, I was still pissed off to hell. Fuckin' YTV and their gay ass shows. Besides Spongebob of course.

I'm curious as to how they introduced the new Pokemon for the first time ever.

EDIT: On the show, that is.

As far as I can remember, it was usually just a case of...

Ash: What's that?

Pokédex or new character: Oh, it's a <insert name and description of Pokémon here>

I'm curious as to how they introduced the new Pokemon for the first time ever.

EDIT: On the show, that is.

Same way they always do it, no doubt. Whip out the Pokédex and act as if it isn't strange that they've never come across them before.

Edit: Skumfrog's on the ball. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

Are the different pokemon supposedly restricted to their native leagues, I wonder.

I swear Oak mentioned there being roughly 150 pokemon near the very beginning, and later attempted to cover up on it by saying "more are being discovered all the time"...

Yeah, that's because none of you have ever bothered to travel outside of your own region. Some scientist you are, Professor.

Hey, be fair, in Red/Blue there is no way to get to any other regions.

Oh and Tristy, it's Onix, not onyx. I just caught one in LeafGreen. Level 48 too. I :wub: Onix.

I used to watch the show on a satellite feed at like 6:30am while waiting for the school bus. Unfortunately they only had 50 episodes, so I quickly got bored of that.

Edited by oldskool

I used to love everything Pokemon, but I grew out of when my love of wrestling took over. I had tonnes of the cards and all the gameboy games, but I missed a few episodes on TV. I think the the day for me when I started growing out of it, was when I had some of my rarest Pokemon Cards stolen from me.