The Blue Side of Sports Entertainment

The Blue Side of Sports Entertainment

WWE Smackdown, From Wrestlemania 21

"It was the eve of Wrestlemania, where great delights from the world of Sports Entertainment would come to battle on the grandest stage of them all..."

"Two champions defended their straps of honor against two young starlets of the square circle, with lo! Two new champions crowned - and a new generation centre stage..."

"Two legends fought in a battle of wits and intelligence, with the true athlete coming out on top over the self proclaimed "Sexy Boy"..."

"A deadman, from the darkside had his record of legendary wins on the line as he took on the youthful challenger. The battle proved that age defies no man as the elder gentleman took the spotlight...straight back to the darkside."

"Two attitudes, two eras, locked inside a Pit with each other for company..."

"Lo! It was Wrestlemania, it was the grandest stage of them all!"

"And now...it begins again!"

user posted image

WWE Wrestlemania 21

Sunday 3rd April 2005

Staples Center - Los Angeles

Results:

World Heavyweight Championship

Batista def. Triple H to become the NEW World Heavyweight Champion

WWE Championship

John Cena def. John "Bradshaw" Layfield to become the NEW WWE Champion

The Sumo Challenge

Akebono def. The Big Show

Kurt Angle def. Shawn Michaels

The Undertaker def. Randy Orton

WWE Women's Championship

Trish Stratus def. Christy Hemme to retain the WWE Women's Championship

Money In The Bank - 6 Man Ladder Match

Edge def. Chris Benoit, Christian, Kane, Shelton Benjamin and Chris Jericho to win a future shot at the World Heavyweight Championship

Rey Mysterio def. Eddie Guerrero

user posted image

WWE Smackdown Preview:

Thursday 7th April 2005

San Diego, California

Wrestlemania has come and gone, and now Smackdown heads to San Diego for the aftermath of the biggest show of the year - with primarily a New WWE Champion. John Cena took the final step last Sunday at Wrestlemania as he defeated John “Bradshaw” Layfield to take the top prize on Smackdown. This week both Cena and JBL are expected to address Smackdown with their new status…one being the ex-champion and one being the new champion. Now JBL has lost the belt what will be do? Meanwhile what is Cena’s mindset now he is the champion? Find out Thursday.

Smackdown also had double success at Wrestlemania as the Undertaker and Kurt Angle both won their interpromotional contests over RAW superstars Randy Orton and Shawn Michaels. This week will see the return of the Kurt Angle Hometown Challenge, but no doubt Angle will want to gloat over what was a huge win for him last Sunday. Undertaker meanwhile is keeping mysteriously silent following his Mania win…who knows if the deadman will show up, or not! We certainly don’t know what’s going on with the deadman.

The main event of this week’s Smackdown however concentrates on another Wrestlemania match…Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio’s intense contest. By the orders of Smackdown General Manager Theodore Long the re-match will go down this Thursday. Mysterio pulled off the win last time, and the question now has to be: can he do it again? And who knows what the tag team champions are even thinking about having to go up against each other again - after what was meant to be a one-off match at Wrestlemania!

Wrestlemania’s Sumo Challenge saw the 500 pound Akebono defeat the Big Show. Show was gracious in his loss and Akebono returned home on good terms with his Mania opponent…however this Thursday will see a less than friendly confrontation as the Big Show returns to a proper wrestling match. His opponent will be Luther Reigns. Could an upset be on the cards? Or will Big Show power his way back into wrestling?

Also! The Cruiserweight Title is on the line when Paul London defends his strap against Akio in singles action. London only won the belt a week ago…will Akio prove to be too much of a challenge to him and end his short reign as champion?

Plus! Carlito Caribbean Cool, Booker T and a Bikini Challenge!

Tune in this Thursday! Only on UPN!

Confirmed Matches:

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio

The Big Show vs. Luther Reigns

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Paul London © vs. Akio

Guest The Real Deal

Hmm I'll keep my eye on this.

I can sense a turn in the Eddie Guerrero Vs Rey Mysterio match.

I can't wait to see how you write Smackdown as you do seem like an ok writer and hopefully Smackdown will only encourage my opinion more.

Best of luck.

I've got to say I got the idea of combining the Velocity results from HYA, so I cannot take credit for that. Thanks HYA :thumbsup:

WWE Velocity Results:

To Be Shown Saturday 10th April 2005

Mark Jindrak def. Spike Dudley

Rene Dupree def. Funaki

Scotty 2 Hotty def. Nunzio

Tag Team Match

Basham Brothers def. Hardcore Holly and Charlie Haas

user posted image

WWE Smackdown:

Thursday 7th April 2005

San Diego, California

Smackdown opened from San Diego, California with the usual highlights package from Wrestlemania XXI. It showed Rey Mysterio defeat his tag team partner Eddie Guerrero, The Undertaker defeat Randy Orton, Kurt Angle defeat Shawn Michaels, Akebono defeat Big Show in the Sumo Challenge and John Cena win the WWE Championship. The video ended with the shot of Cena lying back in the crowd with the gold in his hand, he was the new champion! He was the top dog on Smackdown!

The Champ Is Here!

And talking of the champion…his music hit as Michael Cole and Tazz finished welcoming everyone to the first Smackdown following Wrestlemania. The crowd were cheering from all three sides of the arena as Cena walked out into the aisle and threw the WWE Title up in his right hand. He eventually after celebrating with the crowd alongside the aisle made his way into the ring and took a microphone…

John Cena: Yo, Yo! THE CHAMP IS HERE!!!! THE CHAMP IS HERE!!!! THE CHAMP IS HERE!!! SAN DIEGO THE CHAMP IS HERE!!!

The crowd were a frenzy as Cena jumped up onto the nearest turnbuckle and taunted some more. He eventually after a lengthy celebration jumped back down into the ring and continued…

John Cena: Yo, Yo San Diego! Here I am with the gold around my waist…‘cause at Wrestlemania I went out and defeated JBL – made him look a disgrace. But this ain’t about him, this ain’t about the Cabinet, this is about me, with my new habit – of being the champ!

Cena grabbed the belt off his shoulder and held it up to the camera before turning around in the ring to the crowd and continuing…

John Cena: So, San Diego! Let me hear ya! Let’s scream the roof off this house more than at Wrestlemania!

85%

The Ex-Champ Is Here…

The crowd erupted into more cheers as Cena dropped the microphone down alongside him and smiled at the response. He then went to say something else…but was interrupted...by “Longhorn”. It hit around the arena as Cena’s attention was diverted towards the titantron…where the Cabinet made their way out on foot from behind the curtain. JBL oddly enough had a smile on his face as he lead out Orlando Jordan and the Basham Brothers into the boos from the crowd. He though shrugged that off and turned his attention to Cena in the ring…

John “Bradshaw” Layfield: Congratulations Cena, you done it! You defeated me last Sunday at Wrestlemania. You took the WWE Title away from me...BUT. While you were celebratin’ all the way to San Diego here tonight – I was conducting some financial business. I was conducting some business with high-up people in this company…I was using my time to more efficient use…

Cena continued to look on as Cole and Tazz speculated as to where JBL was heading with this…

John “Bradshaw” Layfield: But before I go into any more details about that John Cena…you need to know that I have been granted my re-match for the WWE Title on next week’s Smackdown. So you’ve got your week as champion…before I take back what is rightfully mine! But to be perfectly honest, that’s a formality. The other news I have really puts the icing on the cake so to speak…

JBL paused again as Danny Basham patted him on the back.

John “Bradshaw” Layfield: That’s now where the business I have attended to comes into this thing…because there is going to be a lot more on the line next week for you than just that WWE Title. (laughs) Because I went to the chairman Vince McMahon, I went to the RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff…and because of that our General Manager Theodore Long had no choice but to agree to these “terms” I have arranged John Cena. Because when you loose the WWE Championship next week…you will automatically be the first draft to RAW on Monday the 18th of April. You will automatically leave Smackdown and head over to the RAW roster…where I won’t have to set my eyes on you EVER AGAIN! YOU WILL BE GONE JOHN CENA!!!

Boos filled the arena at the idea of Cena being drafted to RAW…as JBL reclaimed his cool and continued…

John “Bradshaw” Layfield: You’ve got one week left Cena, you’ve got one week left in the limelight – you’d better make the most of it!

Bradshaw chucked the microphone into the ground and looked back at Cena in the ring - who gave JBL the “you can’t see me” taunt before turning back to the turnbuckles and continuing to show off HIS WWE Title. While JBL had made a bombshell announcement…it wasn’t going to stop Cena celebrate his position as the new WWE Champion here tonight.

84%

-: commercial break :-

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Paul London © vs. Akio

Following the break it was time for the Cruiserweight Title to be on the line. Paul London had to defend his newly-won Cruiserweight Title against Akio. And the champion set off as he left off last week as he took control from the ring bell. He took down Akio with Monkey Toss after Monkey Toss, before running off the ropes and nailing a flipping neckbreaker. He managed to pick up a quick two count with that move before Akio saw an opening to get his foothold into the match…he sidestepped a dropkick attempt from London off the ropes and dropped an elbow. He then pulled up London and whipped him off the ropes into a hurricarana for a two count of his own. But the match was shortly over as Akio got planted with a DDT and London went onto the top rope! He came off with a 450 Splash and hooked the leg! 1…2…3! London retained the Cruiserweight Championship! He celebrated in the ring with his belt as the action shortly went backstage…

Winner: Paul London

Time: 6:46

Match Rating: ****1/4

79% - 58% - 100%

Eddie and Rey Backstage

Where Eddie Guerrero was sitting in his locker room. He held his WWE Tag Team Title belt in his hands and was just looking at it…as Rey Mysterio walked into the room – with his bag over his shoulder.

Rey Mysterio: Hey, what’s goin on man?

Eddie looked up from the belt and looked at his tag partner/Wrestlemania opponent before speaking.

Eddie Guerrero: Nothing homes, I’m just preparin’ for our match tonight.

Rey Mysterio: Yeah, I can’t believe man that Theodore Long put us in a rematch tonight. Our match at Wrestlemania was a one-off deal, that should have been it. Infact I’m gonna go see him to see if he will cancel the match…

Eddie grabbed Rey by the wrist to stop him from walking away…

Eddie Guerrero: No, no essay. There’s no need to cancel the match – it’s just a Wrestlemania rematch that’s all homes…calm down.

Rey Mysterio: Eddie, we’re tag partners, we’re the tag team champs! We don’t need this tonight, I’m going…

Rey turned towards the door as Eddie let go of his hold.

Eddie Guerrero: (whispers) Scared you’ll loose this time?

Rey Mysterio: What?

Eddie Guerrero: Oh, nothing homes! Don’t you worry essay!

Rey Mysterio: Oh I heard what you said Eddie, I just can’t believe you said it! And you know what?! I’m not worried about loosing this time! I’ll see you in the ring…

Rey grabbed his bag from the bench and headed to the door.

Eddie Guerrero: Hey! Where you goin’ homes?!

Rey Mysterio: I’m goin’ to go share a locker room with someone else Eddie…I’ll see you in the ring…

He left, leaving Eddie alone just looking at his title once again…things were not looking good in the tag team champion’s camp.

83%

Carlito’s Clearance

The action continued backstage as Carlito Caribbean Cool was shown walking into Theodore Long’s office. Except today he had some slips of paper in his hand instead of his normal fruit…

Carlito Caribbean Cool: Hey, Theodore Long. It’s me Carlito.

Long got up from his desk and walked around to the front.

Theodore Long: Well I can see that playa, what do you want?

Carlito Caribbean Cool: Ah! Read this…

Carlito removed the first slip of paper from his hand with a smile on his face and handed it over to the Smackdown General Manager, who proceeded to read it.

Carlito Caribbean Cool: You see?! But wait, that’s not the only cool thing I have, there’s more!

Carlito handed over a second slip of paper, which took Long back for a moment…

Theodore Long:

Carlito Caribbean Cool: Wait there! (Smiles) There’s still one more!

Carlito then handed over the final slip of paper…

Theodore Long: Ok, I understand playa, I can see this slip is genuine. “Carlito is not cleared to wrestle for another three weeks”…

Carlito Caribbean Cool: Yeah, my doctor signed that.

Theodore Long: I can see that, although I don’t think these other two are genuine…

Carlito was taken aback himself with that comment! (Although he didn’t seem really surprised)…He fought around inside for something to say, but the Smackdown GM read out the second slip instead…

Theodore Long: Well let’s look at what this one says first right? Dear Theodore Long, please give Carlito his own talk show on Smackdown – Be Cool. Signed, Vince McMahon…

Long just looked at Carlito for a moment…

Theodore Long: Ok, let’s look at this one shall we? Dear Theodore Long, please give Carlito Caribbean Cool a three week holiday to any destination of his choice, all expenses paid by Smackdown. Be Cool, Signed Vince McMahon.

Carlito Caribbean Cool: Yeah, I wanna go to Hawaii!

The sound of the crowd laughing could be heard as Long just gently shook his head from side to side while looking at Carlito. He wasn’t buying this whatsoever, and rightly so!

Theodore Long: Ok, well Carlito you want a break, you want a three week break huh playa?

Carlito Caribbean Cool: Yes, yes.

Theodore Long: Till you’re back to full fitness…

Carlito Caribbean Cool: Yes, yes!

Theodore Long: (smiles) Ok, you can have it…a THREE WEEK SUSPENTION WITHOUT PAY, how does that sound?!

A few cheers could be heard from inside the arena.

Carlito Caribbean Cool: Bu…

Theodore Long: Oh, but don’t worry. When you return you can have your little talk show segment. Seeing as I don’t think I could be trusted to book you into any fair matches at the moment! Now, get out of my office playa, and we’ll see you in back in three weeks!

Long went back behind his desk and sat down as Carlito turned to leave…however he still had some final words…

Carlito Caribbean Cool: That’s not cool!

Theodore Long: Get out man!

Carlito turned back around, grabbed his slips of paper and then left. He had been suspended for three weeks! His plan had backfired…although on the plus side he did now have his talk show for when he returned to Smackdown.

70%

Kurt Angle’s Hometown Invitational

Kurt Angle vs. Jose Casada

Returning from the commercial break Kurt Angle was making his way down to the ring…Once there he took a microphone and waited as the crowd started a, “You Suck” chant.

Kurt Angle: You guy chanting that I suck really ain’t going to put a damper on my week, just to let you know!

More boos was the crowds answer to that one…

Kurt Angle: You see I am on a high following Wrestlemania, because I made Shawn Michaels tap, tap all over Hollywood! It seems HBK isn’t so special after all…

Kurt Angle: I mean this man headlined Wrestlemania’s. This man was part of perhaps some of the biggest Wrestlemania moments in history! He’s defeated people like Bret Hart and Razor Ramon, Hell let’s be honest, I was better than all those guys anyway…(boos) but last Sunday just confirmed everything. Now you people can’t disagree that I am the greatest athlete and wrestler to ever step foot in the WWE!

This drew a lot more heat than before…

Kurt Angle: You people still don’t believe me?! Ask Shawn Michaels then, ask him when you see him limping around all over RAW in the future! Ask him what it felt like to scream like a little bitch while in the Anklelock. Ask him what it felt like to have his ankle nearly broken…he sure as hell won’t forget Kurt Angle for a long time!

Angle smiled to himself with that comment before continuing onto the main point of this evening…

Kurt Angle: Anyways moving on. It’s now time for another Hometown Invitational. So San Diego, give me what you’ve got!

Some generic music started to play on the titantron as a Cruiserweight-sized wrestlers made his way out from the back and down into the ring. Angle walked up to him…

Kurt Angle: So kid, your name is?

Challenger: Jose, Jose Casada.

Kurt Angle: Wow, sounds foreign, hardly like any of the backward people that live in this town…but i’ll give you the benefit of the doubt kid. Let’s get this thing on.

Angle chucked the microphone through the ropes towards the announcers table as the match got underway. It was understandably very short as Angle toyed with Casada from the word go. He eventually locked up with him and delivered a couple of German Suplexes. Following that Angle hit the Angle Slam on his groggy opponent, before finishing him off with the Anklelock for the submission victory. It was another win for Angle in his “Hometown Invitational” – and typically he celebrated it like he had just defeated Shawn Michaels for a second time!

Winner: Kurt Angle

Time: 1:21

Match Rating: ¾*

63% - 64% - 61%

U.S. Champion Meets Booker T

Orlando Jordan was shown walking down a corridor backstage as Smackdown continued. He was dressed as smart as usual in a suit – with his United States Title around his waist. He had a big grin on his face and was carrying a coffee in his right hand, but then he turned the corner…and the grin disappeared instantly. He was facing Booker T…

Booker T: Orlando Jordan, whasup sucka!

Jordan smiled and tried to continue walking, but was stopped again by Booker.

Booker T: You’re going somewhere awfully fast there, you still runnin’ errands for JBL?!

Orlando Jordan: Yeah, well…

Booker T: Yeah well nothin’ sucka! You’re better than that and you know it! You’re the United States Champion and that belt means somethin’ y’know! He ain’t the champ no more, you’re now better than him ‘cause you got gold, and he ain’t! An’ that’s comin’ from one black man to another…

Jordan just looked down at his belt as Booker continued…

Booker T: Think about it man, but also jus’ to let ya know I’ve just put in a request with our General Manager…for a shot at that title right there! So I’ll be seein’ ya soon…SUCKA!

Booker T: Oh, and think bout what I’ve said…

Booker walked off leaving the US Champion looking slightly concerned. For someone who three minutes ago was happy – he didn’t look too happy now. Jordan had been comfortable as US champion for a while…but now he had a real contender chasing after his gold. Smackdown headed back out to ringside…

70% - Booker T lost overness from this segment.

Bikini Challenge

Featuring: Torrie Wilson, Dawn Marie and Miss Jackie

Tazz was standing in the ring with a microphone in hand as Miss Jackie was making her way down to the ring.

Tazz: Ladies and Gentlemen, I have the great honour tonight of hostin’ the Bikini Challenge we’ve got for ya all! While the ladies come down I’ll run over the rules. Firstly, every one of our females in this Bikini Challenge will individually take off her robe and pose for you, for fifteen seconds. When the music stops they have to stop and then the next woman goes…when we’ve been through everyone YOU guys will choose who wins! It’s simple!

Miss Jackie by now was already in the ring as Dawn Marie and Torrie Wilson shortly joined her…Once all three women were in the ring Tazz continued on the microphone.

Tazz: Ok ladies you all know the rules so let’s do this thing. Jackie you go first!

Jackie smiled and walked away from the ropes in her red gown into the middle of the ring. The music started to play as she untied the garment and removed it…to reveal a tropical bikini! It was multicoloured and had a few fruits placed here and there, like a pineapple and so forth. Both Tazz and the crowd seemed to love it as the music faded out and Jackie put her gown back on again.

Tazz: Thank you Miss Jackie! Dawn, you’re next!

Dawn stepped up in her black gown with a sexy confidence in her face. The music started and she stripped off to reveal a skimpy black number that barely covered her…bits. Tazz was nearly having a seizure in the corner as she performed a few turns and bends here and there! But alas the music stopped and Tazz’s pleasure did the same thing…

Tazz: …wow. Thank you Dawn! Torrie, (lots of cheers) it’s your turn…

The crowd favourite stepped up in her…pink gown! Shocking! The music started and off it came…to reveal a pink bikini that really showed off Torrie’s best curves and features. She made her way over to the ropes and performed a few moves around them as Tazz kept moving around…up and down…and side to side to get the best view…

There was a mass of cheers the more Torrie got moving, so the…happy, yes happy Tazz took her arm as the music stopped and raised it in the air.

Tazz: We have our winner folks! Torrie Wilson!

Jackie joined Torrie in her celebrations as Dawn immediately started to complain to Tazz. He just held his hands up and made his way back to the announcers table as Dawn looked on…she didn’t look happy to have lost. But she did just make her way to the back in the end as Jackie and Torrie continued to celebrate into the commercial break.

Winner: Torrie Wilson

79% - Dawn Marie gained overness from this segment.

Back from the break and it was time for the contest that would put the Big Show against Luther Reigns in singles action. Unsurprisingly this was a short match that saw Reigns attempt to jump Show from behind…only to simply get his ass handed to him all over the ring. Eventually Show nailed a chokeslam to get the win after what was a short one-sided contest to say the least. Show celebrated in the ring as Reigns slid out to the floor, he wasn’t happy that he lost this one at all!

Winner: The Big Show

Time: 2:17

Match Rating: *1/2

72% - 74% - 69%

Luther’s Revenge…

While Show continued to celebrate to the crowd he failed to notice that Reigns was shoving his way past the timekeeper…He grabbed a steel chair and folded it back up before sliding back into the ring. Show had his back to Reigns as he pulled the chair back! And cracked him right in the back of the skull! Reigns followed up with a couple more shots to the back of the skull as Show half-fell onto the ropes…the 7 foot, 500 pound giant actually looked in trouble here! CRACK! Reigns caught him right in the forehead! But he kept going! Show took five more shots to the head! Jesus he was taking some punishment now! A mass of referees eventually came down from the back and managed to push Reigns away - as a crazed expression broke across his face…and blood trickled down Show’s head. Reigns slammed down the steel chair and made his exit as Show touched his head…and felt the blood.

Reigns laughed as he backed down the aisle…as Show snapped! The sight of his own blood was enough as he in turn took down each referee in the ring! Chokeslam after Chokeslam! He had been caught off guard by Reigns this time, but the sense was that he wasn’t going to be again! Smackdown went to its final break as Reigns continued to point at the pissed off giant standing in the ring…

60% - The Big Show lost overness from this segment.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio

Smackdown returned ready for main event action as Michael Cole and Tazz ran down the card already signed for next week…JBL and John Cena for the WWE Title as well as the Kurt Angle Invitational. Cole then commented how the next time there is a Bikini Challenge he’s going to be doing the in-ring duties. Tazz disagreed but there was no time for arguing as “Viva La Raza” hit around the arena. The sleeping crowd erupted into their loudest cheers of the night as Eddie Guerrero made his way out from the back in a yellow Lowrider. A few fancy jumps and tricks later Eddie was in the ring taunting on the turnbuckles…and awaiting his tag team partner, tag team champion partner – Rey Mysterio. “619” hit as a wall of pyro went off to signal Mysterio’s entrance into the arena. He landed in the aisle and slapped hands with a few fans before sliding under the bottom rope into the ring. Some more taunting later and it was finally main event time, the Wrestlemania rematch was on!

Eddie however wasn’t going to play fair as the ring bell rang, his “Lie, Cheat and Steal” moto was in full swing as he jumped Rey and knocked him into the mat with an axe handle - before providing a few stomps to the chest. Rey though was quick and managed to slide himself under the bottom rope to safety. He eventually got back into the ring and slowly managed to etch out some offensive moves of his own every now and again – although Eddie was defiantly in control for this first period of the match. He caught Rey with a spinning backbreaker off the ropes into the first cover of the match, 1…2…Kick out. Eddie then repeated the same manoeuvre to add some more damage to the spine of Mysterio, but this time he didn’t bother with the cover and instead locked in a chinlock from behind – with his knee embedded in Rey’s spine…Eddie then rolled Rey around and down into an armbar – with his knee still in the spine. Clever offence to say the least. However Mysterio is a fighter, and he proved it as he managed to counter a Mexican Surfboard submission attempt into a quick dropkick to the face! He went for the cover, 1…2…Kick out. But now Eddie for the first time was truly disadvantaged…he had kept Rey grounded for so long, but now Rey could exploit his speed and agility to its finest. He caught Eddie with a hurricarana off the ropes for another two count before following that up with a couple of fast, standing dropkicks. Mysterio then rolled under Eddie’s leg as he went for a kick – and rolled him up into a School Boy pin with the other stationary leg! 1…2…Kick out again!

Rey kept going as he grabbed Eddie’s arm and twisted it – before jumping up into the corner and coming off with a massive armdrag takedown from the top rope! It could have looked more impressive, but it sure as hell did the job as Eddie clutched at his hurting arm. It looked like it could have popped out of joint! The offensive continued on the arm for a few more minutes as Mysterio looked to punish Eddie for his damage earlier…but then a gap appeared for Eddie to get back into the match, and he took it! He countered an Irish whip and sent Mysterio back first into the corner! Rey held his back as Eddie charged in with a clothesline! Rey hit the deck – his spine now looked to be really hurting him. Rey just lay down flat on his front, his arm was continuing to hold his back as Eddie went onto the top rope…he came off WITH A FROG SPLASH TO REY’S BACK! Rey half popped up in pain before Eddie pulled him down and hooked the leg! 1…2…3! The Wrestlemania rematch had gone to Eddie! He had evened the score against his tag team partner – who was still in absolute pain from that final Frog Splash to the back. Eddie celebrated his win briefly…before turning back around and checking on Rey. They may have been in a battle tonight – but they were still partners. Eddie helped him up…and they embraced! The WWE Tag Team Champions jointly celebrated the match as Smackdown went off the air…it had been a classic.

Winner: Eddie Guerrero

Time: 24:34

Match Rating: ***

80% - 79% - 81%

Overall Show Rating: 73%

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

Well I'm reading this in hopes that it will turn out as good as your TNA Diary was, here are some comments on the show;

-I liked the opening segment with Cena, a bit sketchy but smooth enough to make it seem like something that Cena would say. JBL coming out and saying that he gets his rematch next week and not at the PPV makes me happy, I'm just hoping you don't decide to put the belt back on Bradshaw. Did he say something about Cena being the FIRST draft, I guess you'll be going on with a draft like the internet rumors say? That could be interesting.

-London defending against Akio, that's always a good match, really couldn't see Akio going away with the gold, outcome just as I predicted I hope you make a better CW Division than WWE has.

-I liked the Rey and Eddie segment as well, got Guerrero down to a tee, the whisper was cool. I'm wondering if you'll be doing a bait and switch and turn Rey instead.

-The Carlito segment was a good comedy segment. Went over really well, the hand written notes and all, very Carlito. nice angle.

-Kurt Angle Invitational was just like they always are, I wonder who you're going to have the Olympic Hero feud with next.

-Booker/ Jordon could be interesting, myself I would rather see Booker T main eventing but knowing you there's something in stor for us. I'll be reading on.

-Geesh Torrie wins another Bikini Challenge, where's her crown lol. Gotta keep with the realness, and it's something that WWE does, I didn't really mind the segment.

-Reigns gets squashed! Don't mind that at all, he should have stayed with Jindrak atleast then he was somewhat watchable. Hopefully you can find something for him though.

-Then he layed Big Show out, I dunno maybe I could get into that feud.

-Eddie beats Rey, glad you went with that. Still no turn, but I know somewhere down the line something is going to happen. Overall good show, I'll definatly be keeping up.

Yay, a TAFKA diary! Woohoo!

I liked the first show, and the stip of Cena possibly going to RAW makes for something interesting. Is this your way of guaranteeing Cena will win, or do you genuinely have trouble with Cena's character and are therefore writing him out?

And who will you give yourself in return when the draft comes around?

INTRIGUE~!

I'll keep reading, but I kinda miss spoilers. You gotta bring the spoilers back, man!

Guest ClearTheBong

I like the fact if Cena loses he gets shipped off. The whole Carlito segment was very well written and I enjoyed it, that's cool! The ME was good stuff, I am just wondering which one is turning heel and when. I like it so far.

Gonna try feedback a little differently here, so we're writing as we're reading.....

- Okay starting the show with Cena was really a given but I felt that maybe you could have stretched his promo out a little more before the inevitable interruption and this one is from JBL. Aaarrgghh, improper grammer, "I did" - "I have done". Minor but I get uptight about things like that. Title re-match next week, okay fair enough but I sincerely hope he isn't getting the title back. You have more sense than that. Hey Cena needing to win to stay on Smackdown is a nice touch, and now I know that maybe he is going to lose. It'd be a nice way to get Cena out your hair if you don't like writing him. But when your other optiion is JBL? This is a rock and this is a hard place. You're in the middle. Still ends on a nice touch, two well written segments.

- The first wrestling action of the show is cruiserweight action? Hey it's WCW! Nope but good to see you taking the London/Akio series and putting it on Smackdown, but the smark in me makes me a sad bunny it only went 7 minutes.

- Nice segment to put some tension between Guerrero and Mysterio. I see the Tag Titles being vacated by the end of the night.

- That's not cool! 'Nuff said.

- Angle's promo was nice and got its point across before a squash match. I've not really gotten into the Invitational in real life but maybe you can make me get into it in this diary.

- The US Title really needs some kind of program to get people interested but is Booker really the person to challenge Orlando Jordan? He's getting on a bit. Unless this is a new mentor/protége relationship about to start?

- You put that effort into the bikini contest? Almost makes me feel like reading it, so I did. It was generic, and didn't even follow the standard "heel gets angry and beats down winner" ending.

- Show squashes Reigns. Next!

- So is this a push for Reigns or Show? Reigns as a psychotic chair wielding maniac or Show as a psychotic "get me once, shame on you, get me twice, shame on me" character.

- Eddie working over the back is a nice touch and I wonder if after all that offence Mysterio would be as mobile as you're allowing him to be here. Okay the arm of Guerrero hurts that's good, and now Guerrero wins. No 3 Amigos? :( Okay so we've still got Tag Champions so I was wrong on that front.

- Thumbs in the middle for this show.

user posted image

WWE Smackdown

Weekly Newsletter

By Thomas Smith

Part 1 – Smackdown and Velocity Ratings:

We got a 4.09 rating for 'Velocity'!

The attendance level was 7029 people.

We made $281160 from ticket sales.

We got a 6.07 rating for 'Smackdown!'!

The attendance level was 6515 people.

We made $260600 from ticket sales.

Part 2 – Smackdown Injuries:

On the injuries front it looks like Rob Van Dam won’t be back on Smackdown until September at the earlist. Although it must be stressed that is the earliest RVD will be seen back, chances are he could be out until December if things don’t go to plan…

Chavo Guerrero has confirmed he will be able to start wrestling again in the first week of May. While Carlito Caribbean Cool (who was suspended this week) is expected to return to a wrestling role around the same time.

The Dudley Boyz could be recalled to Smackdown next month also (as the prospected ECW Pay-Per-View collapses – more on that later) as they are ready to return to the ring after a lengthy break from Smackdown.

Shannon Moore hasn’t been given a return date as he still rests following his car accident. However knowing WWE he will be back inside the ring next month.

Part 3 – Smackdown News:

The biggest news this week has to be the breakdown of the ECW Pay-Per-View scheduled for June. The decision was taken by WWE management to pull the event following it was confirmed that they couldn’t bring in a lot of the talent from outside the federation they wanted. One ex-ECW wrestler was quoted to have said, “Why should we help them? They have already fired me once, I’ll prefer to go and work Hardcore Homecoming!”. The arena booking has been cancelled, however rumours this week are emerging that the now vacant spot could be used for the return of the “King of the Ring” event. Smackdown’s writers are said to be pushing the return of KOTR the most to Vince McMahon and an announcement is expected in the near future.

The roster Draft has been confirmed, and it will go down on Monday April 18th live on RAW. This year’s draft will see five RAW and five Smackdown superstars traded across the brands. There isn’t much current news or rumours as to who is moving where – apart from how it’s already known if John Cena looses the WWE Championship on Smackdown next week he will automatically be drafted to RAW.

Continuing on with John Cena, he is set to change his theme music for the second time in as many weeks. The WWE Champion went to management with his worries that his new theme wasn’t working the crowd up enough, so it was decided that from next week’s show Cena will use his “Untouchables” song (from the ThemeAddict CD) as his theme music.

The Undertaker isn’t expected to return to Smackdown for a couple of weeks, he has been granted this time off before Smackdown really starts building towards Judgment Day – and interestingly enough on that front Taker is booked in house shows to face Carlito Caribbean Cool throughout the month of May…

Thank you for joining me for this first weekly edition of the Weekly Newsletter, I’ll cya next time!

Thomas Smith

Guest The Real Deal

Really thought Eddie was going to turn on Rey.

Its ok so far I can't wait for the draft to see who you bring in and who is shipped off.

I like the newsletter it brings a sense of realism to the diary.

Smackdown Notes

- Good smackdown especially the Carlito segment. I feel you really got the Carlito character in that segment. Good work!

- Eddie and Rey match was well written.

- A few grammar issues and using spell check might help but that doesn't really bother me stating as im not the best with grammar.

Great Diary So Far.

THe CCC seg,emt was gold you got it to a tee. Hopefully Cena will lose and get drafted. Thast just because i dont like him though. But like someon said you are stuc k with the belt on JBL then though. The dudleys should return as faces IMHO so they can get a "good" tag feud going for the belts when you vacate them or Eddy and Rey will fight over them.

Well, I'll do what ADG did nd comment on the show as I went along, first let me say I'm goign to be definitely reading this diary TAFKA and look forward to it to maybe even last longer than your TNA one.

You open with Cena and that works, Cena does a generic promo that I'm not fan of seeing well on TV, but you kept it short before JBL came in and ruined the party. JBL getting a title shot on SD! is deifnitely better than a title shot at a pay per view, works better for rematches, unless they are BIG matches. I like the stipulation that if JBL wins, Cena gets drafted to RAW. Its one of those type of situations where you think it might mean thats a definite "He's staying" stip, or you dont want his character on Smackdown. I hope Cena wins, because as much as Cena doesnt impress me, he has a lot of potential if you give him a new gimmick, or such like.

Match results are nice and short and to the point, which works. Quick cruiserweight match to get things rolling. I wouldn't have chosen Akio, instead would have gone with a 5th match being on PPV, but thats just me. Anyways nice write up and then we are back to the backstage area.

Its a nice touch for Eddie to trya dn get isnide the head of Mysterio before they go for the Mania rematch. I look to a Mysterio turn later in the night, and if not, sometime in the future. However, I do think Eddie will take the win here and then we can go for a 3rd and final match, with Rey being a heel by then and it being the blowoff to a feud.

Carlito interview was nicely done and I love Carlito, he's a funny guy and this angle took advantage of that. The faked letters leading to him getting suspended is a good touch, but the main thing I got out of this segment was that we are going to get a Carlito interview segment. About time Smackdown get a guy like Carlito doing an interview segment, and hope you keep it going. You once again really caught all the guys well in this segment.

Not much to really say about the Angle Invitational segment, but I hope it leads somewhere again, it lead to a HBK/Angle feud and I hope it brings in his next feud, maybe bringing a new guy from the indy scene in, a guy who actually defeats Angle.

I dont know where the Booker T and Orlando Jordan angle was meant to go, but it is a segment I'm skipping over really. I got that Booker wants Jordan to leave The Cabinet, but it didnt interest me really. Not really your writing as my dislike to both guys characters and the way the WWE treated them. If it builds up I may start reading, but right now it isnt grabbing my attention.

Diva Segment, much like Smackdown would do, anyways, skipped over this... Diva segments are total shit, I see you trying to keep realism, but please dont have them every week.

Well, another 2 guys who bore me but I read because I wanted to see what you could do with them, both, and it was actually mildly interesting. Will this lead to a Reigns/Show feud? A push for one of them? I'm not sure, but this side of Show is actually interesting. Show as the animal that destroys everything in its path. Kind of like Rhyno in ECW.

This was what I was looking forward too, and damn, after reading it all I definitely was happy. It went through all the motions that needed going through and it just worked for me. The match told a story, and not many diaries I've read can put across a story for me. The psychology was there and I just loved it. Definite highlight of the night, only bad thing for me was that I didnt get it right :( Ah well, we wait for another day until they do split up.

*** 1/2. (Y)

Yep, writing and reading.

* Good way to warm up the crowd, with Cena's first appearence as champ.

* And out comes JBL. You seem to have his character down quite well, and the "if you lose, you're out" stip. is a good one. I don't really see Cena losing his title so soon, but we'll see.

* London retains, not really surprising. Good to see the two on SmackDown! though.

* More friction between Eddie and Rey, nothing but a good thing. Hopefully we'll see Eddie turn heel, which will hopefully lead to some more Los Guerreros goodness.

* Nice little comedy segment with Carlito, seems very SD-ish. Surprised that we're not going to see Carlito for three weeks, what with the WWE seeming intent on keeping him on screen. Maybe we'll see some 'unexpected' appearences?

* Angle interview was good, putting himself over after his win. Typical Angle Invitation squash, it'll be interesting to see how long you continue with it, though.

* Orlando to turn face on JBL? Booker's planted the seeds of doubt in Jordan's mind, but I'd still rather he lost the title ASAP.

* Time filler with the bikini contest. I hope this doesn't lead to a Dawn/Torrie feud, but oh well. With the possibilty of Eddie turning, I guess you have to make some sacrifices.

* Not really feeling the Show/Reigns feud that we seem to be heading for, I'm not a major fan of Show and Luther is just... meh. Hopefully it'll be over pretty soon.

* Gah, I still hope we see an Eddie heel turn at some point soon. Still, a well written nonetheless although I'm not entirely happy about the aftermath.

Overall: 6.5/10

Just didn't feel like a 7, but a solid show and a good one to kick off the diary.

Gotta admire anyone that wants to take the cesspool that is SD! and try to make it a watchable/readable show. However with that said, Bikini contests are a sad, sad, sad thing to include here. I know that WWE puts them on, and I know they are eye candy for the live fans and filler for TV, but what purpose do they serve here? Just curious, as you went all out full board on that write-up. Consider that the worst thing about your opening show.

Beyond that, there wasn't much to love or to hate. It all fell somewhere squarely in the middle creating a sort of "eh" feeling for me. Not what you were hoping to elicit I am sure, but nonetheless what I felt. Whether it was the opening with London and Akio that just didn't click for me, the kinda silly stip that JBL somehow got for his rematch next week, the boring squash and boring after squash attack featuring Show and Reigns, or the meet up in the hallway between Book and Orlando, none of it felt like it was really gonna go anywhere major. Two things got me majorly psyched, that being the good Carlito segment, that resulted in him being off of TV for three weeks for some crazy reason, and the conflict with Rey and Eddie that resulted in a good match, but one with little consequence. So Eddie FINALLY beat Rey, but what did doing this accomplish? His losing to Rey so many times, Rey stealing his thunder in Tag Matches, and Chavo getting in his ear nad built up to a point where we all knew that Eddie was due to snap. Instead of snapping he...wins? Both of the things that psyched me up left me feeling deflated when all was said and done, which is a damn shame.

I look forward to seeing where you go with JBL and Cena on the next show, although I'm afraid I know where that is and it worries me, and to seeing how your draft on the 18th pans out.

Overall I have to give this show a D. It was almost average, but too many letdowns and the bikini challenge killed it for me. However I know what you are capable of, and I look forward to seeing you showing me some of that in the future.

TGC

As I'm likely one of the few that sees some kind of potential in Luther Reigns, I was pretty disappointed to see him victimized in a squash, even if he did get some measure of revenge back against Show after the fact. But if all he did was piss Show off...could this be a way to propel Show back into the main event?

JBL's slimy maneuvering does good things for me as far as his character goes. I like him stacking the deck against Cena, but I have to agree that it won't do a whole lot for Cena or the belt if he loses it this fast. Hopefully, you're not having that big a problem with Cena that you have to ship him out. Hell, I've been given some props for my work on Cena's rhymes, I'd be more than willing to help out if his promos are gonna be an issue.

If JBL costs Booker his US title shot and we have a JBL-Booker feud, that could be Book's ticket back to the main as well. Just a thought.

As far as Eddie and Rey go, I just have one question, TAFKA...are you negotiating with any prominent luchadores with loco names? :shifty: Otherwise, maybe keeping Rey and Eddie together for a while wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Wow, thanks for all the responses - I'm going to need a full post to go through a lot of what you guys have said. I thank you for that, there's nothing more encouraging to see interest in your work.

Nice little comedy segment with Carlito, seems very SD-ish. Surprised that we're not going to see Carlito for three weeks, what with the WWE seeming intent on keeping him on screen. Maybe we'll see some 'unexpected' appearences?

Maybe... :P

However with that said, Bikini contests are a sad, sad, sad thing to include here. I know that WWE puts them on, and I know they are eye candy for the live fans and filler for TV, but what purpose do they serve here? Just curious, as you went all out full board on that write-up. Consider that the worst thing about your opening show.

It's a good point TGC, I decided to run with a Bikini Contest because I don't want to just change Smackdown overnight. I believe it would be much more productive to stick with the shit to start with and then slowly change it. I would see it as unrealistic myself if I just magically changed everything bad about Smackdown overnight - although it's quite possible to do.

Beyond that, there wasn't much to love or to hate. It all fell somewhere squarely in the middle creating a sort of "eh" feeling for me. Not what you were hoping to elicit I am sure, but nonetheless what I felt.

True I wasn't going for that feeling. However I want to build this diary into the "better days" so to speak, so I expected this sort of thing.

Whether it was the opening with London and Akio that just didn't click for me, the kinda silly stip that JBL somehow got for his rematch next week, the boring squash and boring after squash attack featuring Show and Reigns, or the meet up in the hallway between Book and Orlando, none of it felt like it was really gonna go anywhere major.

Going on the comment that none of it felt like it was going to go anywhere major, that would be an easy one to answer in my view that there is many, many weeks before Judgment Day rolls around. I didn't really want to start the build up at this point towards that event so I just went with things following Wrestlemania. Although I believe each week things will start feeling more major as we progress.

Two things got me majorly psyched, that being the good Carlito segment, that resulted in him being off of TV for three weeks for some crazy reason, and the conflict with Rey and Eddie that resulted in a good match, but one with little consequence. So Eddie FINALLY beat Rey, but what did doing this accomplish? His losing to Rey so many times, Rey stealing his thunder in Tag Matches, and Chavo getting in his ear nad built up to a point where we all knew that Eddie was due to snap. Instead of snapping he...wins? Both of the things that psyched me up left me feeling deflated when all was said and done, which is a damn shame.

Ok, well that's the feeling I was heading for. I like to make things feel worthwhile, I like as a writer to keep things like this situation on-going for longer periods of time. A case would be using my TNA diary how I was going to make Monty Brown the next NWA Heavyweight Champion. However I wasn't going to just do it, I was going to build to it with the odds stacked at him and THEN have him do it. That way it would mean so much more - it's the same situation here. I want to keep that Rey/Eddie situation ongoing for a while longer also because plain and simply I don't have a lot else to work with at the moment. I hope all what I said there sorta made sense in the end. :P

I look forward to seeing where you go with JBL and Cena on the next show, although I'm afraid I know where that is and it worries me, and to seeing how your draft on the 18th pans out.

Well I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens, that's all I can say to that -_-

JBL's slimy maneuvering does good things for me as far as his character goes. I like him stacking the deck against Cena, but I have to agree that it won't do a whole lot for Cena or the belt if he loses it this fast. Hopefully, you're not having that big a problem with Cena that you have to ship him out. Hell, I've been given some props for my work on Cena's rhymes, I'd be more than willing to help out if his promos are gonna be an issue.

Cena's promos are one of my weakest areas, however it's not influenced my decision one way or another in where this is going. And thanks for the offer for help, I'll give you a buzz if I really struggle. :thumbsup:

If JBL costs Booker his US title shot and we have a JBL-Booker feud, that could be Book's ticket back to the main as well. Just a thought.

Just to point out, although it's giving away next week's show I had already thought of that idea. :)

As far as Eddie and Rey go, I just have one question, TAFKA...are you negotiating with any prominent luchadores with loco names? Otherwise, maybe keeping Rey and Eddie together for a while wouldn't be such a bad thing.

We will just have to see where it goes! :D

Thanks again gentlemen for the replys, I hope you stick with me on this one and see where I am going. To just say something, it could be the completly opposite direction you think. :pervert:

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

user posted image

WWE Smackdown Preview:

Thursday 14th April 2005

Chicago, Illinois

Smackdown this week comes from Chicago, Illinois as John Cena defends his WWE Championship for the first time…and against a man with retribution and revenge in mind. JBL was the WWE Champion heading into Wrestlemania, but now he is the challenger. However, it doesn’t just end there in this championship encounter…because if John Cena looses the WWE Title, he will (thanks to JBL’s meddling) be automatically the first draft across to the RAW roster on next Monday’s RAW! Will Cena retain his gold and cement his place at the top of the pecking order? Or will JBL win back the title…AND send Cena packing? Find out Thursday!

Last week saw an excellent match between Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio as the two tag team champions faced off in their Wrestlemania rematch – at the order of Theodore Long. Eddie came off the top rope with a Frog Splash to Rey’s spine to eventually pick up the win…before embracing his partner following the match. Following all their issues there finally seems to be a united front between the two men…and there will need to be this week as they head back into tag action to face the Basham Brothers with the gold up for grabs! Will we see new WWE Tag Team Champions? To be honest, this week could prove to be REAL making or breaking of Rey and Eddie…

Continuing on with championships, it has been confirmed by Smackdown General Manager Theodore Long that this week Booker T will get his shot at the United States gold when he faces Orlando Jordan. Last week Booker requested the title shot, and then gave Orlando a few “home truths”. However with the Cabinet still firmly behind him Booker is still very much the underdog.

The Big Show is one annoyed giant…Last week he completely destroyed Luther Reigns, before being left with blood trickling down his head at the hands of a subsequent steel chair attack. Show may have been able to defeat Reigns one, two, three in a normal match – but Luther proved to have a vicious streak with a weapon in hand. This week they will meet again, with No Disqualifications in place…

Can Luther step up against the 7-foot giant…and beat him? Or will Big Show slam him back down to earth with a thud?

Also! Theodore Long has said he is going to be addressing the situation currently regarding the Undertaker. Taker has not been seen or heard of since his Wrestlemania win over Randy Orton…but will this week see the return of the Deadman? Or will the Smackdown GM have something very different to say…

Plus! The Kurt Angle Hometown Invitational! Someone else will step up to the Olympic Gold Medalist inside the Smackdown ring! It all makes for one massive Smackdown!

Tune in this Thursday! Only on UPN!

Confirmed Matches:

WWE Championship

John Cena © vs. John “Bradshaw” Layfield

WWE Tag Team Championship

Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio © vs. Basham Brothers

No Disqualification

WWE United States Championship

Orlando Jordan © vs. Booker T

Looking forwards to SmackDown TAFKA.

I expect Cena to retain, I don't think taking the belt off him so soon would be such a good idea, as well as the fact that SD needs to keep once of its main stars.

Eddie and Rey to retain, but hopefully we'll see the beginnings of an Eddie heel turn/feud between the two.

Reigns to beat Show, but like I said, I'm not really interested in these two at the moment.

Finally, Jordan to retain the title, and I expect you to further the angle you started on last week's episode.

Guest The Real Deal

Its an ok card.

- Of course Cena is going to retain. I can't wait for this brand draft to see who disappears off Smackdown and who comes in. I expect Christian to come in.

- Bashams to win the belts! Oh im a Bashams mark and I really want them to win this one :P