The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan

Lord Nibbler

From Pitchfork.

White Stripes Reveal Details of Satan

Rob Kleckner reports:

Finally, complete details have been released about the new White Stripes album, Get Behind Me Satan. This album, their fifth, will be released on June 7 in the U.S., and one day earlier in the UK. The album was recorded at Jack White's Third Man Studios in Detroit, mixed in Memphis at Ardent Studios, and mastered in New York at Masterdisk. The album was written, produced, and mixed by Jack White. All of the songs were written on piano, acoustic guitar, and marimba. In a press release, White described the record as an exploration of "characters and the ideal of truth."

Here, in all its glory, is the tracklist for Get Behind Me Satan:

01 Blue Orchid

02 The Nurse

03 My Doorbell

04 Forever For Her (Is Over For Me)

05 Little Ghost

06 The Denial Twist

07 White Moon

08 Instinct Blues

09 Passive Manipulation

10 Take, Take, Take

11 As Ugly As I Seem

12 Red Rain

13 I'm Lonely (But I Ain't That Lonely Yet)

White Stripes Reveal Details of Satan

Jack: Well, to the best of my memory he's red, he's got a pitchfork, and... hm...

Anyway, wow. So within the space of like two weeks there's a new Gorillaz album AND a new White Stripes album. Badass.

I loved Elephant so I can't wait for this. What was the first album like? Better than Elephant?

They had three albums before Elephant. I think they're all better, but maybe that's me. I liked Elephant a lot, though.

I have Elephant and White Blood Cells. I'd say Elephant's better than White Blood Cells because whilst Elephant has some songs I don't like, White Blood Cells just kind of runs out of steam after the first half. It has its moments but it also has "I Think I Smell a Rat", "Aluminium", and "This Protector." (The second half DOES have "Now Mary," though, and that's probably my favorite song off that album. That or "Hotel Yorba.")

Guest George

I have never seen why this guys are considered that special...

I mean, don't get me wrong, if they came to El Paso, I would go (but I also went to a The Strokes concert when I didn't knew them) but I don't get why they are treated as the saviors of Rock music, and Elephant got 5 stars from plenty of magazines like if it was a Rolling Stones or a Led Zeppelin album...

They are a group who are good.... but I could never, EVER see as a legend group, or as a Hall of Famer.