Favorite drum performances?

Guest George

I was listening to TMV's Frances The Mute on my headphones, and Jon Theodore really impressed me.

I believe he really impressed me on some of the early demos for De-Loused, too. He's just a great drummer. Horribly underrated, even by Mars Volta fans.

Some of these choices I've made aren't what some would call brilliant, but they stand out to me regardless.

Black Sabbath - Rat Salad

X (LA) - Beyond and Back

Circle Jerks - Red Tape

The Doors - Unknown Soldier

Black Flag - Depression

Richard Hell and the Voidoids - Blank Generation

Bad Brains - Riot Squad

The Controllers - Slow Boy

Nomeansno - The End of All Things

Kraut - Mishap

Charged G.B.H. - War Dogs

Elvis Costello - Lipstick Vogue

D.R.I. - Reaganomics

Crass - Do they owe us a living?

The Adicts - Joker in the pack

Guest George

I was listening to TMV's Frances The Mute on my headphones, and Jon Theodore really impressed me.

I believe he really impressed me on some of the early demos for De-Loused, too. He's just a great drummer. Horribly underrated, even by Mars Volta fans.

in no order

Jurassic 5 - Lesson 6: The Lecture

Soul Coughing - Super Bon Bon, Circles, White Girl

Metallica - Dyers Eve

Dream Theater - The Glass Prison, Home, and Beyond This Life

Pennywise - You'll Never Make It

Fear Factory - damn near anything, but Cyberwaste, Obsolete and Demanufacture stick out most

Local H - Buffalo Trace

Weezer - Beverly Hills, Only In Dreams

V-Ice - A.D.D.

Rammstein - Keine Lust, Los, Adios

The Beatles - The End

I was going to say this one too. The solo in The End is probably my favorite drum solo ever because it's so recognizable, catchy, and at the same time it doesn't get over-the-top.

I knew I was forgetting someone.

Mars Volta's drummer is definetely one of my favorites. He has an amazing energy and melody, definetely the most talented member of Mars Volta. When they improvize (sp?), the drummer is definetely the one who stands out.

And to whoever said (Pennywise) You'll Never Make it thumbsup.gif I love that song so much (Possibly my favourit Pennywise song, I dunno). The drumming is really good. Can't wait to see them live. 2 months. God it feels ages away.

Same here. Astoria, here I come B)

And to whoever said (Pennywise) You'll Never Make it thumbsup.gif I love that song so much (Possibly my favourit Pennywise song, I dunno). The drumming is really good. Can't wait to see them live. 2 months. God it feels ages away.

Same here. Astoria, here I come B)

I know this comes up a lot in my answers to this kind of question, but...

The Smiths - Queen Is Dead

The drum intro is absolutely amazing, and goes some way to prove that The Smtihs were more than just a two-man band.

John Bonham was a God on the drums. Then again, Led Zeppelin also had Page and Plant, two more absolute class acts.

Bonhams drum playing is the kind would make you want to play drums instead of guitar or base. Brought a certain "glamour" to a largely overlooked instrument.