Smarty Jones

Guest Wrestling_Man

Will Smarty Jones win the Belmont Stakes and be the 12th Triple Crown winner?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Will Smarty Jones win the Belmont Stakes and be the 12th Triple Crown winner?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't watch it
    • Are you kidding me? Why is he asking that question?

Guest Wrestling_Man

OK, this Saturday it is the Belmont Stakes and Smarty Jones, America's favorite new celebrity is going for the Triple Crown, something that hasn't been done in 26 years. I truly believe that this is the year, he will win the Triple Crown. He is an undefeated horse, and someday he will lose, but I'm hoping it's not this Saturday. Post your opinions and comments right here. Boy, I wish we had those Kobra Koins still, I could be a "rich man" right now. LOL.

This is not meant as a jab whatsoever, but could someone who actively watches/participates in and/or enjoys this please explain to me the appeal?

It's exciting. Really that's all I can think of. I don't follow it religiously like some people, but I follow the Triple Crown (Perhaps because I live in Baltimore).

This is not meant as a jab whatsoever, but could someone who actively watches/participates in and/or enjoys this please explain to me the appeal?

In a word. . . gambling. EVERYONE that watches horse racing is a gambler, and it's a relatively high class form of gambling, unless you're talking about going to OTB with the degenerates.

In a word. . . gambling. EVERYONE that watches horse racing is a gambler, and it's a relatively high class form of gambling, unless you're talking about going to OTB with the degenerates.

Well that's also part of the appeal, but I can't legally gamble so I like to pretend I'm gambling. <_<

Ofcourse I take the time to watch the Triple Crown........don't care for any of the other races but one must watch all 3 of the Triple Crown races. I'm a huge sports fan and thus watch more sports. I don't relegate myself to 2-3 sprots. There's drama every year in the triple crown. Smary Jones is a horse that hasn't lost a race in its life.

EVERYONE that watches horse racing is a gambler,

Um.......WRONG.

Ofcourse I take the time to watch the Triple Crown........don't care for any of the other races but one must watch all 3 of the Triple Crown races. I'm a huge sports fan and thus watch more sports. I don't relegate myself to 2-3 sprots. There's drama every year in the triple crown. Smary Jones is a horse that hasn't lost a race in its life. 

Um.......WRONG.

I'm talking about people that go to the tracks and know how to read the sheets, not the people who watch 3 races per year. :rolleyes:

Is there any real competition that could beat him?  I heard there was only like 6 other horses in this race.

I think SJ can do it.

There are 9 horses in the race. Rock Hard Ten is the only real competition. I don't know if anyone but Rock Hard Ten and Eddington even raced in the first 2 races.

There are 9 horses in the race. Rock Hard Ten is the only real competition. I don't know if anyone but Rock Hard Ten and Eddington even raced in the first 2 races.

It was only those two. Everyone else has thrown in the towel since pretty much everyone believes Smarty has this locked up.

It was only those two.  Everyone else has thrown in the towel since pretty much everyone believes Smarty has this locked up.

I forgot about Master David.

2004 Belmont Stakes Entries and Post Positions

June 4, 2004

3yo - Grade 1 - 1 1/2 miles - Dirt - $1,000,000

PP  Horse          Odds

--

1  Master David 20-1

2  Purge 5-1

3  Caiman 50-1

4  Birdstone 15-1

5  Rock Hard Ten  8-1

6  Royal Assault  20-1

7  Tap Dancer 50-1

8  Eddington 10-1

9  Smarty Jones  2-5

All starters will carry 126 pounds.

Race 11 of 13 - 135th running

Site: Belmont Park - Elmont, New York

Post time: 6:38 p.m. EDT (NBC)

2003 winner: Empire Maker

Stakes & Track Record: Secretariat - 2:24 (1973)

Belmont Stakes Winners by Post Position since 1905

June 4, 2004

Post  Winners  Last Time

----  -------  ---------

1      23    2003 - Empire Maker

2      11    1994 - Tabasco Cat

3      13    2000 - Commendable

4        8    1993 - Colonial Affair

5      13    1991 - Hansel

6        7    1999 - Lemon Drop Kid

7      11    1996 - Editor's Note

8        5    1986 - Danzig Connection

9        3    2001 - Point Given

10        2    1995 - Thunder Gulch

11        2    1998 - Victory Gallop

12        1    2002 - Sarava

General admission is a whole $2.

:lol: He choked :lol:

I thought Rock Hard Ten was going to take it then Calgary would win the stanley cup later tonight.

Where the hell did that horse come from anyway? I mean he just like jumped out of the stands or something. :lol: I knew he wasn't going to win, I should have taken that bet when that person offered it to me.