Smarty Jones

Guest Wrestling_Man

Will Smarty Jones win the Belmont Stakes and be the 12th Triple Crown winner?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Will Smarty Jones win the Belmont Stakes and be the 12th Triple Crown winner?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't watch it
    • Are you kidding me? Why is he asking that question?

He had a huge lead at the final turn and didn't win, that's choking by the purest definition.

He didn't lose either, he was beaten by a horse that made a huge run down the stretch. I could see if he was like 10 lengths out, but he was never much farther than 5 lengths ahead, and wasn't even that far ahead coming into the stretch.

He didn't lose either, he was beaten by a horse that made a huge run down the stretch.  I could see if he was like 10 lengths out, but he was never much farther than 5 lengths ahead, and wasn't even that far ahead coming into the stretch.

Birdstone was more than 10 lengths behind at the midway point of the race as he wasn't even in the top 4 until near the stretch run. Rock Hard 10, Purge & Eddington all faded around that point and they were all ahead of Birdstone with Smarty well out in front.

Tomorrow's headling should be: Smarty Choke.

Hahahaha. Another Philly product finds a way to choke under pressure :P

Care to enlighten us on how a horse chokes? <_<

So true.  If he was from Baltimore that wouldn't have happened.

Yeah, because being from Baltimore would've given him the legs to last another 1/8 of a mile and beat out a horse that ran a great last 1/2 mile.

i missed the race, how did it end. Blazers v. Bulls Game 5 of '92 Finals was on, couldnt miss that....

Triple Crown > 12 year old NBA Reruns

Smarty Jones had a great start. Rock Hard Ten gave him a great run in the middle of the race, around the final turn Birdstone made one heck of a sprint down the final 1/2 mile and beat him by a couple of lengths.

He had a huge lead at the final turn and didn't win, that's choking by the purest definition.

Actually that's called a horse starting his sprint a few seconds early and getting beat out by a horse that ran a great race

Birdstone was more than 10 lengths behind at the midway point of the race as he wasn't even in the top 4 until near the stretch run. Rock Hard 10, Purge & Eddington all faded around that point and they were all ahead of Birdstone with Smarty well out in front.

You know absolutely nothing about racing.

Edited by sahyder1

I know enough to know that Smarty choked. He lost to a 36 to 1 longshot after having a big enough lead that Birdstone wasn't on the screen in the wideshot at the top of the turn. If you want to call that not choking, fine. But I wonder what you think when a team comes from behind by 20 points in the 4th quarter, or from 5 runs down in the 9th. Is that setting your opponent up too? bad luck? :rolleyes: