Chelsea thread

G-O-D

Apparently Abramovic is discussing with Real Madrid the possibility of buying Ronaldo when the league ends. This comes in the sequence of ronaldo's bad recent form. Ronaldo doesn't seem happy at Madrid and that's affecting his performances, and as a result Madrid aren't very happy with him either. I've seen this in a couple of papers so i believe not all of it are rumours.

EDIT: Florentino Perez publicly stated "those who lost the pleasure of playing should leave". He also said he won't give any official word on next season's transfer until this one ends though.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

What was that about Peter Kenyon saying the club would become self-sufficient? if thats got any chance of happening, next seasons transfer budget should be about £4.11

Robben helped by Milan

Chelsea wide man Arjen Robben has the healing hands of Milan's medical team to thank for his rapid recovery from a broken foot.

The influential Dutchman had been expected to be sidelined for a minimum of six weeks after breaking a bone in his foot against Blackburn, but he is already back in training and looking to make an ahead of schedule return.

Roman Abramovich's close relationship with the Italian giants allowed Robben to be treated by the head of their medical team, Jean Pierre Meersseman, who is regarded as one of the best in his field.

Despite the fact Milan and Chelsea could yet still meet in the UEFA Champions League, Meersseman believes the club made the correct ethical decision in helping their potential rivals.

''We were happy to help,'' said Meersseman.

''Abramovich knows Galliani very well and the Russians are also on good terms with our Prime Minister, Silvio Berlusconi.

''It's unusual to help a rival, but it comes down to sportsmanship.

''Competition is important but so is sportsmanship.''

There are actually teams that can beat last years championship sides without spending £197,000,000.

:wub:

My love for Mudda increases by the post...

Whatever happens with Chelsea this season, IMO it won't be raved about by anyone except Chelsea fans (if they win the League and/or Champions League).

If they win the league, they'll have bought it. If they don't win it, they'll have wasted £197,000,000 on a bunch of failures.

Now, Chelsea have played REALLY well at times, and Jose Mourinho obviously has had a massive impact, but that's still the way I'll see it whatever happens.

Nice goal from Cole today even though I still hate the guy.

Title still not over though that's for sure. All depends how this game in hand goes for Chelsea obviously. If they lose or draw it then it'll certainly leave things more open for United and Arsenal, so I'm still sticking with my United to win the league stuff :P

Cant wait for Tuesday as well, goodnight time for Chelsea in the CL :D

Like Arsene has said, their league win will be artificial, why?

Because it was about the potential of Roman's spending power, not the clubs potential.

Without him you would still be in fucking god knows how much debt.

Fuck Abramovich, cunt.

UEFA tell Jose to shut up

UEFA have told Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho to "shut up and play the game" after his outburst against them and referee Anders Frisk.

Director of Communications William Gaillard was incensed at Mourinho's accusations that referee Frisk influenced the result of the first leg of their clash with Barcelona and that UEFA lied about his request for Pierluigi Collina to officiate the second leg.

Gaillard said: "It does not help to keep up with this polemic. Only Mr Mourinho saw a problem with the referee, no one else, and nothing scandalous happened. Frisk did an excellent job and he's been a great referee for many years.

"I am sorry that a great coach, who has brought something new to football, should talk about these things. I don't see the point, he should shut up and play the game. Will we still be talking about Barcelona v Chelsea next year?"

Mourinho was certainly talking about it on Monday night, when he told his pre-match press conference: "I didn't ask for Collina to referee the game and it's a shame that an institution of the size and importance of UEFA have misrepresented what I said and put my words in the air.

"I did not ask for Collina but I recognise that he's the best referee in the world. Every manager and player would say he's the best referee in the world and why's that? Because he's the type of referee who doesn't have any influence on the game.

"If you asked me who I wanted I would have said Frisk. Maybe Frisk would help us the same way he helped them. But because I cannot have Frisk let the best person come. We need a referee that doesn't influence the result because in the first game the referee influenced the result."

Mourinho is unlikely to be charged for his latest outburst, although he could still be punished for failing to attend the post-match press conference after the first leg and for sending his team out late for the second half.

Also, Arsenal and Manchester United have also spent quite a lot, albeit not as much as us in 3 (2?) seasons. But, the fact remains that every team invests to try and win the championship. The only difference is the amount of investment. We invested in 3 seasons what Manchester United have invested in over the past 10 years.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Team Spirit? I don't really believe Chelsea have much spirit at all, this team just fits together more than the team that Ranieri tried to make, hugging after a match isn't team spirit, especially when you only start doing it because the fans and the media say you have none.

Save the team spirit for next season when your players can actually speak to each other without a translator. Saying that, you'll probably have more players next season, so it'll happen again.