Chelsea vs Liverpool

I'm not saying I don't WANT Liverpool in the Champions League. I'm saying they don't DESERVE to be there if they can't qualify.

The League and FA Cup don't really count. Every team in the league has to take part in them, and most of the time it's not the first eleven playing anyway.

Also, injuries happen. Granted Liverpool have had more than their fair share, but if we repeated this season with Arsenal, or Birmingham, or Aston Villa or anyone else in Liverpool's place, would you still say they deserved a shot in the CL next season without qualifying for it?

Besides, their chances of beating Milan are slim anyway, so this probably won't matter. Yeah, you beat Juventus, but you've been the underdog three times in three rounds, and the "third time lucky" rule probably has an inverse :P

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OUCH @ PSV vs AC

EXTRA OUCH 2000, to be corect, i think i´ed rather be kicked in the balls than have my head hit like that :-X

Maldini kicked in the head by an overhead kick = not nice.

I read about it online...was it really that bad?

If the same Liverpool defense as last night's game turn up, and Milan play the same as they did tonight, there is no doubt in my mind that we stand just as good a chance at beating them as they do beating us. If the REAL Milan turns up, we'll be in trouble alright, but judging by that display I think the game will be far less one-sided than everybody thinks it will be.

EDIT: I'm a Liverpool supporter by the way, if you're confused by the "we" and "us".

EDIT 2: And I always thought the concept of the Champions League was to see the top teams from each country compete in a super-league of sorts, to see who the REAL cream of the crop is. Needless to say, although I'm a Liverpool fan, if that WAS the intention all along, I'd give Everton the slot over us assuming they finish fourth and we win the cup. They've played better than us this season, and arguably deserve the spot more. They shouldn't bend the rules for Liverpool, and if anything I'm hoping they don't so that next season we are driven to do better in the league AND Europe, to stop the same from ever happening again.

Edited by Burning Dragon

EDIT 2: And I always thought the concept of the Champions League was to see the top teams from each country compete in a super-league of sorts, to see who the REAL cream of the crop is. Needless to say, although I'm a Liverpool fan, if that WAS the intention all along, I'd give Everton the slot over us assuming they finish fourth and we win the cup. They've played better than us this season, and arguably deserve the spot more. They shouldn't bend the rules for Liverpool, and if anything I'm hoping they don't so that next season we are driven to do better in the league AND Europe, to stop the same from ever happening again.

Liverpool should go through. The concept of a Champions League WITHOUT the champions defending is bullshit, just like the concept of the World Cup not having the previous champions defending is bullshit or any other championship not being defended by the champions. With all due respect to Everton, they shouldn't go through over the champions, regardless of how many times Liverpool fucked up in the league.

My solution personally would to have Liverpool and Everton play a 2-Leg play-off for the spot should UEFA force the FA to choose in the situation that Liverpool won and finished 5th. At least then the team that qualified could say they 100% deserved to, even if it wasn't Liverpool.

Some news regarding that 'goal':

Slovak linesman Roman Slysko is convinced Liverpool's winning goal against Chelsea on Tuesday did cross the line, but Sky Sports have placed a new spin on the controversial moment.

Liverpool sent Chelsea tumbling out of the UEFA Champions League thanks to Luis Garcia's early effort.

Slysko was adamant he had made the correct decision, as he said: "I believe that my decision was correct.

"My first feeling and which I remain convinced of is that it was a goal."

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho was not convinced that the effort had crossed the line and Sky Sports' technical experts have produced a series of digital images which appear to support the Portuguese tactician's assessment.

The pictures appear to support the view that William Gallas had hacked the ball to safety before the effort crossed the line.

The controversy is likely to rage on, although it does appear to have been forgotten that referee Lubos Michel would in all probability have sent off Petr Cech and awarded Liverpool a penalty had the effort not been allowed to stand due to an earlier challenge on Milan Baros.

liverpoolgoal.jpg

According to ITV "experts", it wasn't a goal.

Kinda irrelevent though, because if an 11-man Chelsea couldn't pull a goal back, a ten man Chelsea without one of the best keepers in Europe aren't likely to. Plus there's the "yeah, like fuck they're going to miss a penalty NOW" factor...so it probably would've been 1-0 anyway.

Edit: Bah, G-O-D beat me to it.

Edited by TheReilDeal

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

How exactly do they create these digital images accurately unless the players themselves were wearing sensors? theres probably an explanation, but otherwise all they've done is traced the closest shot, made it 3d and rotated it, which proves nothing, since its guess work.