The O.C.

THIR13EN²

alright, well I kinda just wanted to rant about The O.C., I don't know how many fans or non-fans are on the board. I always believed that The O.C. was crap, I never watched a show, until a couple weeks ago...and I have to say I got hooked, from the very first episode. I had to run out and buy the complete first season, and watched it completely through, now I didn't know that The O.C. was still going through it's second season, and I needed more, I saw that the DVD for the season 2 wouldn't come out until August, but I couldn't wait until then, so I started downloading episodes off the internet...anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone has heard any news on there being a third season, or if it's still as big of a hit as the first season.

Season 2's essentially ruined it for me as must see TV. I generally tape The O.C., watch Survivor now. This whole, Zach's a good guy-Zach's a bad guy thing is dumb, and sadly not even top 5 in the worst storylines of the season. Hopefully season 3 brings back a certain comic loving ex-flame of Seth's back into the picture and they can branch out beyond the 2 dull female leads at this point. Actually scratch that, there are 4 dull female leads if you count the 2 adults. The show's only worth watching at this point for Peter Gallagher's Sandy Cohen, who you can't help but feel sorry for.

well...I've been trying to find out information on these shows, I just saw the episode where Jimmy left, which pisses me off...because I really liked his character, and for some reason, when he had short hair he looked like Christian. Anyway, I hate that Jimmy left...I've also been hearing rumors that Caleb is going to be killed off, because he's leaving the show. I wonder if this will tie into the season finale when Oliver returns...

well...I've been trying to find out information on these shows, I just saw the episode where Jimmy left, which pisses me off...because I really liked his character, and for some reason, when he had short hair he looked like Christian. Anyway, I hate that Jimmy left...I've also been hearing rumors that Caleb is going to be killed off, because he's leaving the show. I wonder if this will tie into the season finale when Oliver returns...

Could the reason for this second season not being so good, is because they've brought in so many new characters? I think the reason that the first season did so well, is because they had such great actors, plus they all worked well together...and the writers were able to focus more on each character to build on to the storylines? This is what seems to be the major problem for me this year...I don't really care for Zach, or Alex, or Lindsey...or whoever. I also didn't like the lady who might be carring Ryan's baby either. I'd also like to see more character development...I'd like to see Sandy in the court room personally, he's my top favorite character.

I was a massive fan of the first season, but as soon as the second one started I kinda lost interest. I might pick up the first and second season DVD's to see if it interests me anymore.

I'm finding this season to be so over the top, it's almost painful to watch. Not to mention half the plot twists are pretty predictable. I stopped watching it halfway through the season, then started again now (since I moved back home, I have 5 channels).

On the other hand, I've also been watching Gilmore Girls lately. I find that show easily 10 times better than the OC.

I'm the only person in my class at college who doesn't like The OC...I watched one episode and was just turned off immediately, I see nothing special in it at all. I can't relate to a bunch of American rich kids in California, sorry.