Land of the Dead

Green Demon

Guest rbn278582

I saw this last night and it was the bloodiest, goriest thing I had ever seen. I spent most of the movie with my head turned or my eyes covered. When I COULD watch though, there did seem to be more of an actual storyline than there was in Dawn of the Dead.

Edited by rbn278582

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this last night and it was the bloodiest, goriest thing I had ever seen.  I spent most of the movie with my head turned or my eyes covered.  When I COULD watch though, there did seem to be more of an actual storyline than there was in Dawn of the Dead.

Just got back from seeing this one, and I was pretty happy with it.

The gore was there, but nothing to revolting. Nothing really made me jump.

But all in all, it was put together well, was quite enjoyable, and made me rethink my dislike of John Leguizamo.

In Closing: Definitly worth your time.

I saw it on Friday and it was completely badass. Lots of blood, lots of Gore, everything you could want in a zombie movie. My only complaint was the length of the movie. I think that another half hour would have been good, showing more about the city, both the high class section and the slums. Other than that it was great.

The fact that there is going to be a ton of new zombie movies coming out makes me extremely happy. There are so many different senerios that can be used for them, so they couldn't really run out of ideas.

I saw this last night and it was the bloodiest, goriest thing I had ever seen.  I spent most of the movie with my head turned or my eyes covered.  When I COULD watch though, there did seem to be more of an actual storyline than there was in Dawn of the Dead.

You really need to watch more zombie movies.

Guest rbn278582

Ugh, not sure I could take much more of the stenches eating body parts like a teenage boy eats watermelon on a hot summer day. :puke: That one seemed worse than Dawn, and those are the only two I've seen, are they all that bad?

ok, so I haven't seen the film...but I see a lot of people who've had a problem with the Dawn of the Dead remake. Just do to the fact that the zombies could run. This is my thought, I'm a really big fan of the original zombie flicks. I'll take a zombie over vampires, frankenstein, etc.

when I first heard and saw that directors were going to lean into going with running zombies I didn't really like that idea. I saw 28 Days Later, but that doesn't fall in the same area, as they aren't zombies. I've seen a really old zombie movie, I don't remember what it was called, but it had zombie that was learning how to use weapons, and he'd read a book and what not...something on SciFi.

anyway, this new film doesn't really do it for me. However, when I saw Dawn of the Dead the remake, I saw very impressed. I like the fact that the zombies can run once they are infected, however, if you try and keep it real, after a while their motor skills should become no more, and soon all zombies should be slow.

This is how I'd do it to keep it real, and I don't mind that idea. I think Resident Evil (the game "outbreak") has gone in this same direction. I don't mind running zombies for a while, but zombies that learn how to use weapons to attack you would doesn't cut it for me.

I've seen a really old zombie movie, I don't remember what it was called, but it had zombie that was learning how to use weapons, and he'd read a book and what not...something on SciFi.

That's the Day Of The Dead, the third movie in the Romero zombie trilogy, and yes, that fucks up the movie for me. Bub is an abomination that should have never been born, and Land Of The Dead only seems to take it further. The thing with zombies is that they are an unintelligent, ravenous horde of cannibals, not a sophisticated, coordinated hunting party. Bringing in intelligent zombies makes it less of a zombie movie than a movie with running zombies, IMO. At least the Dawn remake kept the basic personality of the zombies more intact.