Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

The guy is really good actually. For Roma he's proven his talent, I think the main question is whether he'd be suited to English football. He's a bit like Crespo and Veron, in which he plays some great stuff in Italy yet can flop at times in England. At a team like Arsenal though he'd fit in fine with the likes of Pires, Henry, Reyes and so on. Roma surely wont want to let go of him though, yet they aint exactly in the best of positions right now. If Arsenal can get him that'll be a pretty good signing.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was pretty decent with Leeds and Everton I seem to remember; nothing special, but was decent. If we get him on the cheap I won't mind, but anything over £2.5m is a waste I think.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

They've got a transfer ban apparently, but they've got no right at the minute to demand cash, so basically its possible that they might have to release him due to wages.

I think Dacourt is a brilliant player on his day, and the only reason he left Leeds was due to a falling out with the manager (Venables at the time I believe)

Indeed, defiently problems between those two. At the time Venables even offered to drive Ollie to Rome if it meant he would leave which I found amusing.

Step down?

Didn't Man City just miss out on Europe last year?

Given that they have £20 million to spend, some pretty promising youngsters and a shrewd manager it's hardly a step down.

Stuart Pearce will be lucky if he's given £5m to spend seen as how much in debt City are.

It will be interesting to see if last seasons run in was down to a new manager being installed and the usual tatical elements that gives to a player (playing well to stay in the team etc). I thought they might do well this season, just depends who they bring in. Incidentlly my tip now is Charlton if anyone cares (Y)

And to prove not everyone hates Vassell I recall slating him in the Euro 2004 squad thread and someone stuck up for him.