Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portsmouth have snapped up Uruguay international Dario Silva on a free transfer.

Silva has signed a two-year contract with the Premiership club after cancelling the final year of his deal at Sevilla.

Earlier this month, it had been thought Silva had secured a deal to leave Sevilla to join Colon in Argentina.

The experienced forward had been informed he did not figure in Sevilla's plans for this season and had been lined up for a return to South America.

But Silva has now clinched a contract to remain in Europe after signing his deal with Premiership strugglers Pompey.

The South Coast club had promised to bring in an established international striker and Silva is the man Alain Perrin has been chasing.

Silva will certainly add a touch of class to the Portsmouth forward line after spending the past six seasons in Spanish football.

Having also played in Serie A for Cagliari, Silva admits he is relishing the chance to play in English football.

"I have played in both Italy and Spain which are very high standard and I rate the Premier League up with them," Silva told the club's official website.

"Also I have heard that the Pompey fans are crazy and I know if I can please them with what I have to offer I hope they will be crazy about me.

"I am very pleased to sign for Pompey and my game is all about hard work and scoring goals and I will offer a lot of both and am looking forward to pulling on the blue shirt."

Pompey had also been interested in Twente Enschede hot shot Blaise N'Kufo but were reluctant to meet the Dutch club's demands.

Twente wanted a fee for the forward but Portsmouth baulked at the suggestion and abandoned plans to sign N'Kufo.

source: planetfootball.com

Wow, that could be a really, really good signing for Pompey. Suprised by that one.

Middlesbrough have agreed a deal with Spanish giants Barcelona for Brazilian midfielder Fabio Rochemback.

Rochemback was thought to be on his way to England on Wednesday afternoon to finalise terms on a five-year contract with Boro.

Barca have now confirmed that a deal has been struck with their English Premiership counterparts after the Catalan club received a financial settlement in the region of €1.5 million (£1 million) from Sporting Lisbon for Rochemback.

The South American was in the final season of a three-year loan spell with the Portuguese giants and a clause in the loan deal meant Sporting had to pay Barca £1 million to break the agreement.

The Teesside club have now assisted the Lisbon club by paying them that amount, paving the way for Rochemback to complete his switch to The Riverside.

The news will delight Boro boss Steve McClaren, who was keen to boost the central midfield position of his squad with the addition of Rochemback.

source: planetfootball.com

We are delighted to announce that we have agreed with Derby County for the transfer of Polish international striker Grzegorz Rasiak, subject to the completion of certain formalities.

The former Groclin Dyskobolia player joined Derby in September 2004 after a transfer to Italian Serie A side Siena was not registered with the football authorities.

The move to Pride Park proved a great success and the 26-year-old netted 17 goals last season as Derby reached a play-off position.

A powerful 6ft 3" frontman, Rasiak has already scored five goals this season with three coming at international level where he has been capped 20 times.

"Rasiak is a tall target man, a hard working, honest player with a good goal scoring record,” commented Head Coach, Martin Jol.  “He scored 45 goals in 103 games. He is a regular in the Polish international side which leads qualifying Group 6 just above England and he scored two against Israel in their recent 3-2 victory."

"A lot is said about making the step up from the Championship to the Premiership, but Ashton and Bent have shown that for good players it is not such a big step. I believe he will do well for us and that he will be an asset to the squad."

The Poland international joins Teemu Tainio, Paul Stalteri, Tom Huddlestone, Wayne Routledge, Aaron Lennon, Edgar Davids, Jermaine Jenas and Lee Young-Pyo in joining the Club since the end of last season, considerably strengthening Martin’s squad options.