Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess tonights showing underlines Newcastles desperateness to sign Owen. That and they're offering way above what Owen is worth. I know he's good but Real obviously don't want him yet they're going to get back double what they paid for him? Good bit of business. I suppose that means if Liverpool want him they'll have to pay a lot more then the supposed 8m they're willing to pay.

Real have already agreed a fee from Newcastle, they wouldn't have done that unless they were almost certain the player would join them. £16M is for a permanent move, both Real Madrid and Newcastle have ruled out the idea of a loan-move, so it seems that only Owen is clinging onto those hopes.

Liverpool would be foolish to pay that much money for the player given the price they sold him for. I think Benitez acknowledges that and its the fans and the Liverpool board more than anything that are pushing him to resign him. Nonetheless, they're a little too cool on the whole situation and if Liverpool don't make a move sooner rather than later, Owen will undoubtedly be heading for Tyneside within the next week or so.

Albert Luque will arrive at Newcastle United on Friday for a medical, after a fee in the region of £10 million was agreed with Deportivo La Coruna.

Agent Francis Martin exclusively told skysports.com that an accord had been reached over the player and that he would seal a move to The Premiership this week.

"Tomorrow [Friday] morning, Newcastle will send a plane for Luque and his father," said Martin.

"We are confident that the player will pass the medical and sign a contract."

Luque himself expressed his delight at the chance of playing in England, saying: "I am happy that a deal has been done.

"The Premiership is an excellent league.

"It is up to the coach but I am prepared to play on Sunday against Manchester United.

"To be in the team next to [Alan] Shearer would be a huge personal satisfaction to me."

Luque is believed to have secured a five-year deal with The Magpies and looks in line to make his debut in the live Super Sunday clash with The Red Devils.

The move had seemed deadlocked but Newcastle have been busy trying to reinforce their squad before next Wednesday's deadline as they remain goalless in this season's Premiership after three games.

Credit: Skysports

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Hammers snap up Aliadiere

Arsenal striker Jeremie Aliadiere has left Celtic to join West Ham on loan after failing to feature in Gordon Strachan's plans at Parkhead.

The 22-year-old French striker moved to Glasgow at the start of July but less than two months later he has decided to return south after failing to start a competitive game.

Aliadiere said: "I am very disappointed this has not worked out the way I thought it would."

West Ham have taken over Aliadiere's contract after Hoops boss Strachan restricted the youngster's chances.

The Frenchman, who suffered an injury-plagued spell in north London before moving to Scotland, added: "The Celtic supporters and the Scottish people made me feel very welcome and I am upset I never got the opportunity to show why I was brought here.

"I felt I would make a positive contribution but I would like to wish the Celtic family and team-mates all the best for the future.

"I am just looking forward to life at West Ham and the chance to play first-team football."

A Celtic spokesperson added: "Unfortunately, things didn't work out in a football sense for Jeremie and he wanted to return to England.

"Everyone at Celtic wishes him all the best for the future."

Aliadiere's agent Mick Oliver refused to be critical of Strachan and the club for not starting with the player.

He explained: "Jeremie is disappointed he never got an opportunity because he was so excited about coming to Scotland and joining Celtic.

"I felt it was the perfect platform for him to revive his career after his injury problems. But it never worked out.

"I don't want to be critical of people. All we are doing now is looking forward to life with West Ham."

Edited by Booker T & The MG's

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I prefer Aliadiere at West Ham, Celtic could of strengthened him up, but more premiership experience is better, at least I can see him play too. I like Aliadiere, he'll do well.

Andy van der Meyde is undergoing a medical at Everton, and should complete a move to the English club from Italian giants Internazionale by the weekend.

The talented Dutchman has never quite had the expected impact in Italy, and will relish the chance to get his once stellar career back on track.

Everton are yet to agree a deal for the winger, but will be confident that they will snap up the former Ajax man.

Skysports.com exclusively revealed Everton's renewed interest in Van der Meyde back in May, and they now look to be on the verge of securing their man.

Another recruit from Serie A, Roma's Matteo Ferrari is also likely to secure his loan move to Goodison Park, as David Moyes seeks cover for the injured Alessandro Pistone.

"I aim to bring in a couple of new players. Hopefully Ferrari will complete his move today (Friday)," said Moyes.

"I don't know if we can get him registered in time for Saturday.

"Van der Meyde is coming in today for a medical and we will see how it goes.

"Hopefully the clubs can agree a fee."

I remember when Van Der Meyde was tipped to be the 'next big thing' a while back, the newest in a long line of rumoured Dutch imports fresh out of the youth systems.

I guess he never really got off the mark at Inter and with them bringing in both Solari and Figo over the summer, they would inevitably have to get rid of someone. I think he'll be a good purchase for Everton for the right price.

In other news;

Stelios pens Bolton deal

Stelios Giannakopoulos has ended speculation surrounding his future by signing a new three-year contract with Bolton.

The Greece international, who had been interesting Liverpool and Manchester City, was due to be out of contract next summer.

However, Bolton wanted Stelios to remain at The Reebok and have swiftly secured his services for the foreseeable future.

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce was naturally delighted Stelios, who scored against Newcastle on Wednesday, has committed himself to the Lancashire outfit.

With Stelios' services secured, Allardyce is hoping to add one more player to his squad before the transfer window closes.

"We have been working hard behind the scenes to get this agreed and I'm delighted that we can put all the speculation behind us," Allardyce told the club's official website.

"Throughout, Stelios has been very professional and he can now look forward to playing his best football at Bolton.

"I was concerned earlier this week that we might have lost him but in the end he always wanted to stay loyal. He is a terrific little player.

"I hope we can move on now and try to add to the squad before the transfer window closes next week."

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside, who was delighted with Stelios' display against The Magpies, revealed the club always believed he would stay.

"We've been confident of doing this all summer," explained Gartside. "He's been an impressive player for us.

"I must admit I congratulated him on his performance after Newcastle which was very professional under the circumstances with the speculation.

"It's great news he's going to stay for another three years."

Steve Claridge has joined Bradford City just one week after moving to Gillingham.

The veteran forward, who joined Gillingham last Friday, only signed on non-contract terms and he has now decided to move on to Bradford.

Bradford offered Claridge a one-year deal at Valley Parade and the former Leicester man has taken up their offer to move to Yorkshire.

Bradford will be Claridge's 15th League club and he could make his debut in this weekend's clash with Bournemouth.

Jenas cost about £5million originally from Ipswich, he's not worth 9 or 10 now, its bullshit, but yeah because he's english and managed by Graeme 'I dont have a fucking clue' Souness he's valued far too highly.

Nancy have confirmed that they failed with their attempts to sign Arsenal striker Quincy Owusu Abeyie on a season-long loan.

The Ligue 1 new boys are keen to find a new striker before the end of the summer transfer window next week and have revealed their attempts to land the young Dutchman on a temporary deal from Highbury.

Nancy president Jacques Rousselot and general manager Gerard Parentin contacted Gunners boss and former Nancy manager Arsène Wenger about the 19-year-old - only to be told that the youngster was unavailable.

According to Nancy's official website, Wenger then offered his former club the chance to sign veteran Arsenal striker Dennis Bergkamp instead of Owusu Abeyie.

Despite the declaration, Nancy press officer Emmanuel Lafrogne told skysports.com that Wenger's remark regarding Bergkamp's availability was clearly made in a joking fashion.

"The reference to Bergkamp was more of an anecdote or done in a humorous tone," explained Lafrogne.

Nancy's Uruguayan manager Pablo Correa stated that his side could not afford to take on a player of Bergkamp's pedigree at Stade Marcel-Picot when discussing the matter on the club's official website.

"It's impossible for a club like Nancy [to sign a player like Bergkamp]," Correa conceded.

"We would need to know if the player would want to come to Nancy and then find a financial agreement with him.

"It's unrealistic."

source: planetfootball.com

Good to see. The joke to me, implies that Wenger rates Quincy very highly, perhaps he could unleash him in the Premiership this season. He is another reason that we don't really need a striker at all.

Quincy is fast, but just like Aliadiere and Reyes he needs to strengthen up and the most obvious way is to allow him some 1st team experience, he can play on the wings so thats useful, its just a case of finding a team to try him against. No doubt he and Lupoli will both play in the Carling Cup though.

On the subject of Reyes.

He looked brilliant against Fulham playing on the wing, hopefully this season he can keep the form going when it starts to get cold. His passing was golden, he was electric and his skill was also golden. He should be starting instead of Pires.

Steve Claridge has joined Bradford City just one week after moving to Gillingham.

The veteran forward, who joined Gillingham last Friday, only signed on non-contract terms and he has now decided to move on to Bradford.

Bradford offered Claridge a one-year deal at Valley Parade and the former Leicester man has taken up their offer to move to Yorkshire.

Bradford will be Claridge's 15th League club and he could make his debut in this weekend's clash with Bournemouth.

How many clubs it that this summer he's gone to?

I'm guessing this is paving the way for Widnass to move to Wigan. Surely Jewell can't be that desperate though? Apparently they're paying out £450k for him and he's 36! I'm sure Brain Deanes availible on a free :P

Also looks like Lyon have completed the signing of Tiago for £6.82m.

Edited by King Ellis