Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

It is Sevilla, and prior to a medical.

West Ham are getting desparete...

West Ham United have signed Manchester United striker David Bellion on loan, despite doubts about the Frenchman's fitness.

The 22-year-old last played first-team football in January and is still recovering from the broken leg he suffered during a reserve game late last season.

However, Hammers boss Alan Pardew was desperate to add to his strikeforce and opted to take a risk on Bellion, even though he is unlikely to be fully fit for at least a month.

Pardew's decision came after he failed with bids for Liverpool's Milan Baros, Monaco's Emmanuel Adeybayor and Tottenham's ex-Hammers star Fredi Kanoute.

Providing he can regain full fitness, the move will allow Bellion to get some regular first-team football under his belt, after starting just five Premiership matches for the Red Devils since his move from Sunderland in 2003.

Bellion's loan-spell to West Ham will do him all the good as it could hardly hurt matters. Towards the end of last year's reserve season Bellion was really tearing it up before suffering his injury, sure its a much different level but it was a step in the right direction nonetheless.

First-team experience is essential in any young player's development and if Bellion can show the same kind of performances he did for our reserves, he should have no problem working his way into the West Ham team. We've yet the see the best of him, if he can fine-tune other aspects of his game other than his pace, we could, in a year's time, have the player the manager originally say potential in.

Good luck West Ham with Bellion  (Y)

I've hear rumours that Michael Owen could be on his way to Lyon now that they have got the money from the Essien transfer, also Gerrard Houlier manages them as well.

Cant see that one happening really. While Lyon are certainly a good club and all, I cant see him playing there. Really the only place I can see Owen is Spain or England. He's going to want a pretty big club too and Lyon aren't exactly major big now, no disrespect to the team or anything. I just cant see him playing under them. The same with Newcastle, the only thing that I think would tempt him is that it'd be in England and he'd get to play alongside Shearer, other than that I don't know why he'd consider it. Owen when at his best is still a world class striker, he's just not had a great deal of chances to show it as much lately if you ask me. I'd love to see him at United or Arsenal personally, or even back at Liverpool. Other than them three, I cant see him going anywhere else.

Spurs are after a new fourth striker (Y)

Though I think Owen wants to be near his horses, family and businesses in the North West and North Wales.

Skysports.com understand that Newcastle United are planning a last-ditch bid to grab Fredi Kanoute from under the noses of Sevilla.

The Spanish club claim they have agreed a deal with Spurs for the Mali international, with the move subject to a medical being completed.

However, Newcastle are now hoping to scupper Sevilla's bid to sign Kanoute by offering him the option of St James' Park instead.

It is believed that Kanoute has flown out to Spain to look around Seville, but Newcastle are hoping to persuade him to snub their overtures to move to Tyneside.

The Magpies are desperate to bolster their attacking options, having missed out on several top targets including Nicolas Anelka and Luis Boa Morte.

Kanoute is understood to be keen to remain in England and the late, dramatic option of a switch to The Magpies would surely prove tempting.

He revealed last week that he felt that Tottenham were trying to force him out of the club in a bid to raise funds for their own transfer plans.

Spurs are keen to offload Kanoute but it is believed they would prefer to sell him to a foreign club rather than to a Premiership rival.

West Ham, Everton and Manchester City have also been linked with a move for Kanoute, but the 27-year-old is thought to favour a move to Newcastle.

Sevilla are confident they have got their man but there could be late developments

Utd have enough strikers at the moment, I don't think we really need Owen, I mean we have Rooney, Ruud, Solskjaer, Smith, Saha  <_< , Ronaldo, Giggs and Park. They can all play up front.

Thats a ridiculous statement. Realistically, the only decent strikers you have is Van Nistelrooy, Rooney and... Saha. Smith is being converted to a midfielder by the looks of it and Ronaldo, Giggs and Park are all wingers who will ideally play behind the strikers. I'm not even going to talk about Solskjaer.

Utd have enough strikers at the moment, I don't think we really need Owen, I mean we have Rooney, Ruud, Solskjaer, Smith, Saha  <_< , Ronaldo, Giggs and Park. They can all play up front.

Thats a ridiculous statement. Realistically, the only decent strikers you have is Van Nistelrooy, Rooney and... Saha. Smith is being converted to a midfielder by the looks of it and Ronaldo, Giggs and Park are all wingers who will ideally play behind the strikers. I'm not even going to talk about Solskjaer.

What's wrong with Solskjaer? Solskjaer on form is one of the best strikers in Europe. If he's given a chance he takes it not like other strikers who need about 10 other chances eg Drogba

I think he's refering to the fact that Solskjaer hasn't played for Man Utd for...god knows how long. He's been injured forever, so making plans that include him seem like a waste of time.

What's wrong with Solskjaer? Solskjaer on form is one of the best strikers in Europe. If he's given a chance he takes it not like other strikers who need about 10 other chances eg Drogba

I don't think Solskjaer is ever going to be even a third as good as what he use to be. He would need to spend atleast 6 months in the reserves to regain any form of sharpness. Missing 2 years is okay (I use that term loosely) if you're in your 20's, but don't forget hes reaching the twilight of his career and he hasn't kicked a ball competetively for 2 years.

That's awesome news too, we really do need him with Buffon out for a good three months. Let's hope he doesn't let us down.

Aston Villa are being linked with a shock move for Juventus forward Fabrizio Miccoli.

Reports emanating from Italy claim that Villa and Benfica are battling it out for the Italian international.

Juventus are trying to offload Miccoli as they look to raise some funds following the capture of Patrick Vieira.

The Bianconeri are known to not have too much cash to spend this summer and they are exploring ways to bring in some money.

Miccoli is well down the pecking order at Stadio Delle Alpi and he has been informed he is not part of Fabio Capello's long-term plans.

The news has alerted a number of clubs to Miccoli's possible availability and Villa are thought to have registered an interest in the talented forward.

Juventus general director Luciano Moggi has claimed Villa and Benfica have expressed an interest in signing Miccoli.

"We need to sell a striker and that would be Miccoli," said Moggi.

"In a couple of days time we will know whether he will go to Benfica or Aston Villa.

"But there is no rush because we could hold on to him until January."

Meanwhile, another unsettled Juventus star Igor Tudor insists he will only leave if he receives the right offer.

The Croatian international has been deemed surplus to requirements at the Italian champions.

A number of clubs including West Brom have been linked with Tudor, but the player insists he will only move to the right club.

"If something attracts me I will go, but otherwise I will go where I say," said Tudor.

Deportivo La Coruna have confirmed to skysports.com that Newcastle are in negotiations for striker Albert Luque.

The Magpies have been scouring the continent for a new striker and, after a series of knock-backs, have set their sights on the Spain international.

Chairman Freddy Shepherd flew into Spain on Thursday to try and broker a deal with Depor counterpart Augusto Cesar Lendoiro and the Spanish supremo has now disclosed that he is locked in talks with Shepherd.

However, he revealed that a deal is still some way off, especially as other clubs are continuing to monitor the striker's situation.

"Yes, it is true (Newcastle's interest)," Lendoiro told skysports.com.

"We are negotiating but have not reached an agreement as yet.

"Other European teams are also interested in the player."

Newcastle are understood to have already agreed terms with the player himself but have yet to settle on a fee with Depor.

The Galicians are holding out for around €15 million (£10 million) while The Magpies' opening gambit is thought to be in the region £7.5 million.

Luque, who is under contract until 2010, has managed 26 goals in 101 league games for Depor and has frequently been linked with a move from the Riazor in recent times.

Indeed, this summer Barcelona, Real Madrid and Sevilla have all expressed an interest in the pacey front man and Newcastle will face further competition if they are to land the player.

However, Souness himself seems pessimistic about the club's chances of landing Luque because of Depor's demands.

He did not suggest the transfer was completely dead, but conceded that a deal was proving difficult to broker.

"We have had a week where we have tried to sign a couple of quality players and it has not happened," Souness said.

"But we have still a bit of time left in the transfer window.

"The two players we have gone after this week are top players and that is the only kind of player I am interested in bringing to this club.

"We are in the market for players. Whether they remain targets or not I think we should keep to ourselves."

I have to say I'm surprised that the rumours linking Newcastle with Luque have turned out to be true. From what I've seen of him for both Spain and Dep, he seems to be a top-class player and if Newcastle were to land him for the fee being quoted it would be an absolute bargain.

For once it actually seems like Newcastle are making huge waves in the transfer market, probably upon the failure of last season. With both Parker and Emre living up to expectations and reported interest in Anelka and now Luque, Newcastle may finally be making the step foward. A good buy for them if it comes through IMO.