Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jermaine Jenas is a fucking waste of money, and there's no chance of us shipping Sean Davis off before the deadline. Brown, Carrick, Davids, Davis, Tanio, Huddlestone, Mendes and Jenas are all competing for two positions, it's fucking stupid.

Sign a striker, not a highly over-rated midfield player.

Well someone had to pay for Owen to go to Newcastle, no idea why it had to be us though :angry:

Was it just me though or is it all propoganda, trying to make the Geordies forget that they are in a shitty state? The whole thing is bizarre you have people trying to make a big thing out of him going there over back to Liverpool, when everyone including Owen has said that was always not going to happen.

Both parties panicked big time - Newcastle paid twice what they should (as with Luque and Boumsong) and Owen couldn't see Liverpool coming in, so signed a permenant deal in World Cup year. Owen does need service however, as he had with Gerrard, and it's a mystery where that will come from. Newcastle's best midfield player, Parker, is a holding player, while Luque is a forward being played as a winger.

Arsenal sign Estonia goalkeeper Mart Poom on loan

Arsenal have today signed Estonian international goalkeeper Mart Poom on loan from Sunderland until January 2006.

Poom, who joined Derby County in 1997, has vast experience of English football, having made over 200 appearances for both the Rams and Sunderland.

Voted Estonian Footballer of the Year six times, Poom, who won his 100th cap for Estonia last September, will start training with Arsenal immediately and will wear the No 21 shirt.

Credit: Arsenal.com

Uh...yay?

Meh, short term solution. He's good enough for six months, but hopefully this means Wenger will sign a new 'keeper in January and doesn't decide to sign Poom on a permanent basis. If he opts to extend the loan until the end of the season and sign a new 'keeper next summer, then meh, that's fine I guess.

Out-of-favour Charlton striker Francis Jeffers is in Glasgow for transfer deadline day talks with Rangers.

The 24-year-old has not featured for the Addicks this season and scored just five goals last term.

Jeffers, capped once by England, cost Arsenal £8m when they signed him from Everton in 2001 but his time at Highbury was blighted by injury.

He moved to The Valley for £2.6m last summer but struggled to make the team on a regular basis.

Any move may be dependent on the Scottish champions moving another player on, with Michael Ball and Peter Lovenkrands the most likely to go.

It would also appear to end any interest in Nigerian international striker Julius Aghahowa.

The Nigerian's agent has told BBC Scotland that the player would be keen on a move from Shakhtar Donetsk to Rangers.

But Aghahowa's agent Saif Rubie stressed that no deal had yet been reached.

It appeared on Tuesday as though Birmingham City's interest in Ball had ended.

There is speculation that Middlesbrough could renew their interest in Lovenkrands because of an injury to Stewart Downing.

Story from BBC SPORT:

Fuck, I was about to post that about Jeffers. Damn you Lazy Arse, damn you straight to hell.

David Bentley has went to Blackburn on loan until the end of the season, according to Sky Sports News. I can't find it on the website yet though

Edited by Turbonegro

Solano set for Magpies

Aston Villa winger Nolberto Solano's return to Newcastle United now looks to be back on.

The Peruvian was linked with a move to St James' Park, providing Villa were given James Milner on loan in exchange.

Earlier on Wednesday, Magpies chairman Freddy Shepherd dismissed any notion of a deal being done.

But it now appears Shepherd has had a change of heart and is trying to push through Solano's return to Tyneside before the transfer deadline, with the player undergoing a medical.

Solano originally left the club for Villa 18 months ago and was linked with a switch to Liverpool earlier this month.

Villa boss David O'Leary scotched any chance of Solano joining the European champions and was adamant the wide man was staying at the club.

O'Leary, though, appears to have been tempted into letting Solano rejoin Newcastle on the proviso he gets Milner.

The Villa boss worked with the England Under-21 international at Leeds United and Milner is understood to be in the Midlands to finalise his switch.

Portsmouth have snapped up Uruguay international Dario Silva on a free transfer.

Silva has signed a two-year contract with the Premiership club after cancelling the final year of his deal at Sevilla.

Earlier this month, it had been thought Silva had secured a deal to leave Sevilla to join Colon in Argentina.

The experienced forward had been informed he did not figure in Sevilla's plans for this season and had been lined up for a return to South America.

But Silva has now clinched a contract to remain in Europe after signing his deal with Premiership strugglers Pompey.

The South Coast club had promised to bring in an established international striker and Silva is the man Alain Perrin has been chasing.

Silva will certainly add a touch of class to the Portsmouth forward line after spending the past six seasons in Spanish football.

Having also played in Serie A for Cagliari, Silva admits he is relishing the chance to play in English football.

"I have played in both Italy and Spain which are very high standard and I rate the Premier League up with them," Silva told the club's official website.

"Also I have heard that the Pompey fans are crazy and I know if I can please them with what I have to offer I hope they will be crazy about me.

"I am very pleased to sign for Pompey and my game is all about hard work and scoring goals and I will offer a lot of both and am looking forward to pulling on the blue shirt."

Pompey had also been interested in Twente Enschede hot shot Blaise N'Kufo but were reluctant to meet the Dutch club's demands.

Twente wanted a fee for the forward but Portsmouth baulked at the suggestion and abandoned plans to sign N'Kufo.

source: planetfootball.com

Wow, that could be a really, really good signing for Pompey. Suprised by that one.

Middlesbrough have agreed a deal with Spanish giants Barcelona for Brazilian midfielder Fabio Rochemback.

Rochemback was thought to be on his way to England on Wednesday afternoon to finalise terms on a five-year contract with Boro.

Barca have now confirmed that a deal has been struck with their English Premiership counterparts after the Catalan club received a financial settlement in the region of €1.5 million (£1 million) from Sporting Lisbon for Rochemback.

The South American was in the final season of a three-year loan spell with the Portuguese giants and a clause in the loan deal meant Sporting had to pay Barca £1 million to break the agreement.

The Teesside club have now assisted the Lisbon club by paying them that amount, paving the way for Rochemback to complete his switch to The Riverside.

The news will delight Boro boss Steve McClaren, who was keen to boost the central midfield position of his squad with the addition of Rochemback.

source: planetfootball.com

Another more than decent signing, will be interesting to see if he can adapt to England though.

Edited by Gooner4Life

Dutch champions PSV Eindhoven have signed Michael Ball from Rangers.

Ball has been expecting to leave Ibrox after finding first-team opportunities hard to come by during Alex McLeish's tenure.

A dispute concerning his contract kept Ball on the fringes of the team but he has now been handed a fresh start in Holland.

The England cap joined Rangers in a £6.5 million deal from Everton four years ago but the Scottish champions have cut their losses on the left back.

Birmingham City had expressed an interest in the 25-year-old, who had 12 months remaining on his contract in Glasgow.

But Blues boss Steve Bruce has been beaten to the punch by PSV coach Guus Hiddink, who suddenly had the need for a left back.

Hiddink lost Lee Young-pyo to Tottenham Hotspur and he has decided to replace the South Korea international with Ball.

The former Toffees starlet has signed a two-year contract in Eindhoven, with the option of a further 12 months, and it is understood PSV have not paid a fee to Rangers.