Fantastic Four

livid

I watched this trailer earlier and it looked mighty fine. I'll have to check out when it's released, as I think it looks like a really good flick. Plus, with Alba in it, that only helps. This the trailer running for Episode III in the previews and stuff, so some of you may have seen it if you've already seen Episode III

Fantastic Four Trailer

Edited by Livid

Yeah, I saw it last night and I told my friend we have to see that movie. It only comes out a few days before my birthday too, so that's awesome.

Julian McMahon is such a fuckin' badass, I swear.

Ever since I saw the first trailer for it with the song "Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rythm Of The War Drums" - A Perfect Circle I knew I had to see the movie... this trailer also made me buy lots of fantastic four comic books and trade paper backs.

Julian McMahon will rock in this movie for sure.

I'm not so sure about this. The trailer seemed like they weren't taking themseleves seriously.

That is NOT a bad thing when you're talking about the Fantastic Four. It's supposed to be a fun adventure superhero thing. If it weren't then it wouldn't be the Fantastic Four.

Badass. I have been wating for this to come out for a while. This is one of two movies that I want to see this summer (the other one is War of the Worlds). I have to say I'm not a comic fan, but there have been so many good comic based movies that have come out that I might have to start getting into them.

Right, so a comment. Human Torch looks good. Mr. Fantastic and Doctor Doom look fine. I'm not so sure about Jessica Alba as Invisible Girl and Michael Chiklis as the Thing, though.

Hmm, sounds like good cheeky fun to me. Chris Evans actually sounds like a winner as one of the leads. That said, I have a feeling it won't be the best movie of even its own weekend. (That looks to go to Dark Water, which looks to show the phenomenal acting of Jennifer Connelly yet again.)

Right, so a comment. Human Torch looks good. Mr. Fantastic and Doctor Doom look fine. I'm not so sure about Jessica Alba as Invisible Girl and Michael Chiklis as the Thing, though.

Yeah, I was skeptical about Jessica Alba because of the nationality she is. The Thing to me doesn't look mean enough imo. He should be bigger and a lot more tough looking but still able to be calm looking (not sure how to word this).

Dr. Doom isn't supposed to be in the space craft when they first get their powers is he? I know it's a movie, but adding the "and one went bad" thing is just cheesy. Either way, I am really anticipating this one.

Yeah, I was skeptical about Jessica Alba because of the nationality she is.

My reason for being skeptical more has to do with the fact that I'm not particularly big on her acting and it's a bit like "look at this hot chick! Cheesecake yay!" as opposed to someone who particularly fits Sue's character.

Yeah, I was skeptical about Jessica Alba because of the nationality she is.

My reason for being skeptical more has to do with the fact that I'm not particularly big on her acting and it's a bit like "look at this hot chick! Cheesecake yay!" as opposed to someone who particularly fits Sue's character.

Hmm, sounds like good cheeky fun to me. Chris Evans actually sounds like a winner as one of the leads. That said, I have a feeling it won't be the best movie of even its own weekend. (That looks to go to Dark Water, which looks to show the phenomenal acting of Jennifer Connelly yet again.)

I'm willing to bet it'll rake in more money than Dark Water.

Edited by Livid

I'm willing to bet it'll rake in more money than Dark Water.

I predict that FF bombs big. It does NOT have the instant recognition that Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman, or Superman have, and look how less than stellar Daredevil and Punisher ultimately did compared to the more famous movies. Look at how poorly Elektra did? Hulk did great, THEN tanked after opening weekend due to HORRID word of mouth.

And yes, this version is more based on Ultimate FF than the real classic FF, which is not necessarily a good thing, let me tell you.

TGC

The Hulk tanked because people went in expecting an action movie and got two and a half hours of absolute shit. The director of the movie might as well have just taken a dump on the screen for that period of time...it would have been better to watch.